Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

bainteor

Banned
Hi guys, I'll be taking a break from the forums for a while. Incase I don't ever return, I'd like to thank my friends for making my stay at FreddysHouse a very enjoyable experience :).

As to the rest of you; I always said that I will let other people judge who is in the wrong, and I think it is clear that people know the truth. I've had lots of positive reps of support, which is great, but I feel that FreddysHouse is not the community it once was. Therefore I see no need to continue to be part of the community when it does not offer anything of use to me.

Although I do find it amusing from time to time to exchange trolling, some people just take it too far. I have received numerous death threats and personal insults through reputation such as this from Raven...

Raven said:
just fucked your dead mum. It was horrible

...of which many I shall not even repeat in this thread. I shall deliberate with my friends with regards to legal action I should take, if any. One thing is certain though, I will not continue to post on FreddysHouse if doing so compromises the safety of me and my family.

But, that is a minor annoyance. Overwhelmingly, FreddysHouse has been a very enjoyable and uplifting experience for me. Thanks to all my friends for making it worthwhile :).

I have been presented with the most delightful of opportunities; I am going to see the world for a while; part to do with work and the other part to do with just travelling and seeing all the things I've ever wanted to see. It is a new chapter in my life, and I'll be on the road for many years. As with the beginning of a new chapter, an old one must close; and I believe that my adventures on FreddysHouse are over.

If I have one regret on this forum; it would be that I would respect others more. That I would not intentionally try to hurt other's feelings for petty self-gratification. But, through analysing my behaviour I have become wiser, and it has helped me in real-life, and for this I am eternally grateful. I do honestly believe that I am on some sort of road to enlightenment when I apologise for things that I have done; even when I have not always been in the wrong. This gives me a great peace of mind. But, more importantly, I realise why I was wrong and what I may have made other people feel.

People may not believe my apologies to be sincere but you need to understand that this does not matter to me. To apologise to all of whom I have insulted is a very personal, maybe even selfish, accomplishment. I know it is sincere, and because I believe that, it is indeed so. And, because I have done so, it feels like a great weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Please do not take this statement as an attempt to belittle or insult you; but I am genuinely concerned for some of you. Some of you do not show respect to others, you are bitter of other's achievements, you do not show empathy towards others. As members of a society you need to be kind and respectful towards your neighbours. You need to accept that other people have different beliefs, different opinions to yourself. I can see some of you in your later years, I can picture you, and all I see is sadness and loneliness. I really do believe that you need to sort out your problems, which are clear from your posts, before you draw attention to the problems of others (mostly me).

Secondly, I fail to understand why people had a problem with me. I was not banned from FreddysHouse; I acted perfectly within the rules. I laid reproach upon others no worse than those laid upon myself by others. But, this is just my opinion. My opinion is worth no more than others. Do you see? This is what makes me better than you (in my opinion). I am willing to accept that I may be wrong, that my arguments are just one side of the story. I was never treated the same; I was never given the chance. Maybe I did something wrong that I am, as of yet, unaware of.

Edit: Anyway, enough of my rambling. I am happy to answer questions, in this thread, as long as they are respectful. Otherwise, I have nothing else to say to you, and FreddysHouse will never see me again. This is probably the best for both parties.

Goodbye :).

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you have received death threats via the forums I would be interested in seeing the messages. This is not acceptable to me.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I apologise for things that I have done; even when I have not always been in the wrong.

Never do that, it's weak and submissive. You apologise when you've done something wrong intentionally, otherwise apologies become pointless.

What you should learn is that people aren't your enemy just because they disagree on something. For example, i went from "smoeone who gets me" to "stupid moron not worth of time" for saying one thing against one logic error :p

Then again, as far as trolling goes, you've still got a long way to go, but you've also got some potential. Just, misguided potential.

bainteor

Banned
I appreciate your concern Deebs, it means a lot to me. The fact of the matter is that these things just aren't worth getting hung up about. I mentioned them because I felt people needed to know my reasons for leaving.

I actually think that FreddysHouse has been very good to me, especially TdC and yourself, because I did actually try to integrate into the community without breaking the rules.

I think it is worth putting things behind us, it's been great fun, and I am sure I have provided FreddysHouse with atleast some entertainment over the years. As a moderator, you cannot be chasing me up all the time and investigating things. It simply isn't worth it. The personal insults and threats didn't affect me particuarly badly, they just dissapointed me, hence why I felt it was necessary to point them out in the thread. I will certainly not lose sleep over it, nor will I, in any way, try to make FreddysHouse responsible for them. For this reason, I deleted the messages (but the negative rep comments are still there).

As I mentioned, I believe that it is best for both parties if I move on, but all I can say is that it's been a pleasure :). Once again, I am happy to answer respectful questions in this thread and this thread only before I move on.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Have a nice trip. I've attached a present for you to remember us by. Toodles!

Attachments

• drama_queen.png
    drama_queen.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 167

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I was never treated the same; I was never given the chance

Yeah you were ;)

See you Alex and have a safe journey in life! I hope to see you back here sometime, but if not we'll talk on messenger my friend!

soze

I am a FH squatter
Good luck in your traveling.

And people sending hate messages and death threats that is just really sad and pathetic. I think there are a few Internet warriors still part of this forum because they did not get reported.

bainteor

Banned
Thanks Zergers, was a pleasure :). And thanks soze.

I don't believe I was given the chance by the forum users. The moderators were more lenient with me, but the community? No, they never really gave me a chance.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Where are you going travelling? Europe? Or are you doing the round-the-world backpacking thing?

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
I have enjoyed your posts, not for reasons you would like to hear though :D

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I don't visit the forum very often these days, but it seems whenever I do you are posting a goodbye drama thread, or threatening one. You have genuine issues, seek medical assistance.

bainteor

Banned
Where are you going travelling? Europe? Or are you doing the round-the-world backpacking thing?

I am not backpacking. I am working across Europe and will travel when I have the time. I do not really like to disclose where I am going, but I'll be in Barcelona for a period of time. I will most probably go into eastern Europe and then fly to China to spend some time there when I do go travelling.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Do you really believe that so many members of a community that has survived for years with people coming and going and has such a diverse population could take such a dislike to someone and it's entirely their fault?

I hope you learn a few things on your "journey of enlightenment" because you'll quickly discover the real world is quite similar to the reception you got here.

You can't expect to enter a community, in real life or on-line, and expect them just to like you for who you are and welcome you with open arms.

It works both ways.

e.g. that Eid thread... you came up with crap, arrogant, badly deduced arguments and made yourself look like a tool. When the evidence was overwhelming and you ran our of things to say you decided to make out like you were deliberately trolling. Neither of these is a good thing. Then you wonder why people take a dislike to you?

Speaking personally, I won't miss you one bit but I do hope you get a decent reality check on your "journey".

gl hf

bainteor

Banned
WPKenny, thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain myself. I believe what happened in that thread goes back to what I said; many people need to learn that others have different beliefs to them. I believe that I argued my points appropriately and in a way that did not offend anyone. However, partly because of my reputation and party because people disagreed with me, my comments were not respected - hence why the thread descended into trolling. It is indeed regrettable that it did happen, but it bemuses me when I am always the one blamed for starting these things; when infact that is hardly ever the case.

Thank you to the well-wishers, it means a lot to me.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You were blamed because it was your fault.

And even now you cant let it go, you have to keep trying to justify yourself.

Go and learn some stuff mate, about life, and hopefully we will see you back here.

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
WPKenny, thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain myself. I believe what happened in that thread goes back to what I said; many people need to learn that others have different beliefs to them. I believe that I argued my points appropriately and in a way that did not offend anyone. However, partly because of my reputation and party because people disagreed with me, my comments were not respected - hence why the thread descended into trolling. It is indeed regrettable that it did happen, but it bemuses me when I am always the one blamed for starting these things; when infact that is hardly ever the case.

Thank you to the well-wishers, it means a lot to me.

I don't believe I ever trolled you in that thread. What I did do was call you out and you responded by running away whilst thinking you were somehow superior to all of mankind.

I can't say I'd ever really noticed you before that thread so I can honestly say I judged you purely on what you said in that thread, and of course what you PM'd me in the negative rep.

I can see you still don't get it and your journey could be just what you need.
I'm not hear to antagonise you, merely to encourage you to start the journey with an open mind and to be aware that not everyone in this world is going to be your friend especially with your attitude towards people in general.

I won't bother responding any more as it's clear there are some people around here who you do get on with so I'll leave you all to it.

Good luck on your travels, I hope you come back older and wiser.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I bet Hans Christain Anderson wished he's copyrighted 'Troll'.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Should have left this thread with lots of views and no replies, that would have been more suitable than giving him what he wants.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Here's a question for ya;

Do you think its ok to put people in the same "insulting, non understanding, hating"" crowd, simply because they disagree with you on some issue, or correct something?

Becasuse you have a strong notion of us vs them, with everyone who isn't behind you 100% is your enemy. When the fact, pure 100% fact, is that there is no us vs them mentality, just taking the piss among a community of people.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
And people sending hate messages and death threats

They don't, it's just one of the lines trotted out by Doriboor now and again. Surprised he hasn't begged forgiveness again.

bainteor

Banned
The negative reputation you gave me is proof enough of personal insults.

Edit: here it is again, incase you missed it:

I just fucked your dead mum. It was horrible

Do you think its ok to put people in the same "insulting, non understanding, hating"" crowd, simply because they disagree with you on some issue, or correct something?

I know it is not disagreement though. When people are insulting you, without providing their own opinion on a particular topic, this isn't disagreement. When people leave personal insults and threats via PM and reputation you know it isn't simple disagreement. That is just the way I see it though, and that is the way I justify what I am doing. Look at many of the threads in which I have posted - look at the level of insults projected towards me. To me, it is quite clear that these comments aren't merely about having different opinions - it is pure hate.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Once again, lets clear this matter up. Please post the threats you have received.

You're a clown, always have been, always will be.

Now show us your stupid jpeg and flush.

Oh and edit, I didn't say dead mum, just mum. I apologise, horrible is a strong word, average would be fairer.

bainteor

Banned
As I mentioned, I have the proof but I do not wish to share it with FreddysHouse. I do not want to cause any more trouble for the moderators, the information is now in my hands and I will decide what to do with it.

Once again, thank you to those who have respected the thread :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom