Good template for infiltrator?

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Elvewen
BTW - The reasoning behind that template is for a massive first hit with poison, critical strike and dual wield, swap weapons for a fast second hit, then run like buggery and let the poison do the rest.

Yes. Quite right. My aim is to do exactly that, but have a few weapons in my inventory with a variety of poisons on them, in case you get a resist, as well as to land as many various poison types as possible. This requires good inventory manipulation, but that just takes practise. ;)

-G

B

Brannor McThife

Infiltrator Items

Just thought I'd sort out that horrendous looking list at that superb Infiltrator site.

Since I don't have my own webspace (yeah yeah...lazy... :p ) I had to use a Midgard person's webspace. Thanks Mer. ;)

Infiltrator Items

This is the initial version. Excuse the colours...white just looks too bland. ;) It's an Excel spreadsheet, so you can sort it however you like. I went through the list, and modified the stats of those items I knew and those I could find listed at Allakhazam an Warcry. However, there are a bunch there that I've never seen nor heard of.

One thing I do ask, is that if you have some nice items you'd like added, or corrections made, please let me know. I have mailed this to that website, in the hopes that guy will keep it uptodate as well.

Well. Enjoy. Oh, and save it to disk (right-click) rather than open it - your explorer may crash, and it's safer (Virus, etc.) to save it first.

;)

-G

S

Sarnat

Envenom - Can you only use the poison's that you have trained to or do the bonus items allow you to use the higher items ???
Yes, you can use the higher poisons. Envenom is the only skill that does that kind of thinggy.
My final template will be

50 Stealth
45 Envenom
39 CS
25 DW
23 Thrust

BTW - The reasoning behind that template is for a massive first hit with poison, critical strike and dual wield, swap weapons for a fast second hit, then run like buggery and let the poison do the rest.

It doesn't work. Trust me.

a) poison's dont do that much dmg
b) swapping weapons why? it only slows you down
c) your damage won't be awesome with 39 CS
d) your damage after PA+CD will be horrible with 25 thrust
e) you'll have trouble soloing with 25 thrust

Put 35 envenom (get +5 or more easily to use the lvl 40 poison), 40ish stealth (a lot of stealth items out there).

Raise CS to 40+ and thrust also. Drop DW if you need to.

E

Elvewen

Originally posted by Sarnat

Raise CS to 40+ and thrust also. Drop DW if you need to.

A question then..

If I drop DW i will loose the styles, Does this matter ?

Is it like Thrust and 2 Handed where you only put the points in to get your base damage up or do the styles get used.

This question also applied to Thrust, if you have 2 weapons loaded can you still use the Thrust styles ?

I also see your point on Stelth but can anyone tell me the real world difference between Safe Fall IV and V.

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by Sarnat

a) poison's dont do that much dmg
b) swapping weapons why? it only slows you down

Ahahahahahahaa. Lifebain, with disease and snare poison = useless dying troll warrior who can't catch the sneaky assassin runing away. Using just three weapons with these poisons will take down a lot of people.

Stating those two points means you'd actually do better as a Merc... ;)
Besides, poison-Shadowblades change weapons all the time.
I've seen poison save a party. Having spare weapons in your pack with damage/snare poisons on can end up saving your party.

-G

O

old.Smart.

This question also applied to Thrust, if you have 2 weapons loaded can you still use the Thrust styles ?

Yes you can. I have put about as much into thrust as into CS and nothing in DW (my infil is only lvl 9 yet, but still...). I use the thrust styles all the time. As soon as you can (thrust=6 I think) throw out the first style, Thistle. For all weapon styles it is apparently this way: the first style you get never improves, but the other ones do, as you level up. So get puncture, ratfang, bloody dance and woolftooth. Start with the CS styles, then continue with the thrust styles (well in PvE at least...).

After reading all the posts in this thread (thanks for all the replies BTW), and reading on the sites referred to, it seems to me that DW is last on the list of things to train...

/S

K

krait

Spreadsheet

The only thing that i can remember that is different is that the epic gloves get changed in 1.51 (i think) to +5 Envenom from +4 envenom. :)

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by Smart.

After reading all the posts in this thread (thanks for all the replies BTW), and reading on the sites referred to, it seems to me that DW is last on the list of things to train...

... errr yeah ! You'd have to be a total loser idiot goon to put points into DW early on, like say getting it to 11 before realising, that would be really dumb, so who would screw things up that badly huh?:rolleyes:

<sigh>

Bah - at least I hit with both more often... well slightly ;)

/yell Mythic!!! When can we respec?????!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread