Good rvr fg alb

Unalive

Fledgling Freddie
I had snakecharmers at level 10, personaly I found I hit harder with MP lgm cold and it proc'd often. Snakecharmers life/end/heal proc rocks but didnt seem to proc very often with me. Though I always had theurg haste and haste charges on low level gloves.

Duivel

Fledgling Freddie
1 cleric
2 cleric
3 friar (48+enh/bg)
4 teurg (air)
5 teurg (air)
6 cabby (spirit)
7 sorc (mind)
8 merc/sorc(split spec)/mincer/teurg(ice/earth)/firewizz

this sounds fun, enuf cc and interupts and got nice damage + debuffer, good resists. last spot depends on how u wana play..

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
AD use a reaver atm - very annoying :x

tbh everyone knows Sorcs are albions best class, so it makes sense to build it around sorcs.

so

Cleric
Cleric
BG friar who is specced high enhance (heat resist)
Body Sorc
Body Sorc
Mind Sorc
BG Paladin or Reaver
Theurgist who knows how to pet...

cabalists are "ok" but the spirit debuff is overrated, and with mom affecting debuff in NF it has limitations.

3 demezzers, 2 spec nukers who can CC and MoC lifetap in trouble, all resists, BoF, best Mezz, best root, 3 pets not including theurgist

= the win

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
tbh everyone knows Sorcs are albions best class, so it makes sense to build it around sorcs.

Thats what i always think, make groups with classes that people scream for nerfing. for eg a fg of 6 bonedancers and 2 healers. wow.

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
AD use a reaver atm - very annoying :x

so

Cleric
Cleric
BG friar who is specced high enhance (heat resist)
Body Sorc
Body Sorc
Mind Sorc
BG Paladin or Reaver
Theurgist who knows how to pet...

cabalists are "ok" but the spirit debuff is overrated, and with mom affecting debuff in NF it has limitations.

3 demezzers, 2 spec nukers who can CC and MoC lifetap in trouble, all resists, BoF, best Mezz, best root, 3 pets not including theurgist

= the win
I think this group is the best suggested so far.

I would swap the 2nd BG'r for a bl merc though, and one of the body sorcies for a tri spec caba. Theurg too busy petting to be nuking with cold debuffs so better that caba debuffs for the sorcies.

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:

Yesh!

Fedaykin said:
Body Sorc
Body Sorc

NOOOO
It's already been shown in tests that 40b sorcs using base lifetap outdamage full body sorcs using specDD. In other words unless you really want red d/q debuff, or you really want to debuff for a wizard, don't use full body.

You need a banelord, and merc makes the best banelord (especially in NF with charge+tendrils). Paladin is a given as BGer (best BG in the game+end) but you also need a 2nd BG with 3 casters and reaver>>>>friar for that. The resists don't make up for how much better reaver is.

This leaves imo only 2 good options...

tri-caba, 44m sorc, 40b sorc, pala, BM reaver, BL merc, 2xcleric
or
tri-caba, air theurg, 40b sorc, pala, BM reaver, BL merc, 2xcleric (aka Meddeh-fotm)

One has 2 sorcs, other has eb/haste for better melee and petspam... I can't decide which is better but those 2 are the best candidates I can think of.

If you have a minstrel that is pr0 enough like steph, you could replace the air theurg with minstrel, since only gimps like lethul play air theurgs usually :)

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Ok, can someone finally clarify to me if Reaver is best Banelord or BG after all? I am Banelord ofc atm but getting quite a lot turned down for not having BG. Then discuss about going BG and some people tell me Banelord is better. For me, Banelord is much better for reaver, it's almost as if it was created for reaver!! Give some suggestion about that cause I don't really have any problem playing any of these approaches (BG might help me live longer cause interrupting enemy support gets me dead fast lots of times)...

Aussie

Banned
it's so fun to live in a realm where the best setup changes with every patch and even then nobody agrees with eachother xD

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Aussie said:
it's so fun to live in a realm where the best setup changes with every patch and even then nobody agrees with eachother xD
Yeah, poor zerks :(

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Cleric
Cleric
Sorc
Sorc
Caby
Theurg
Friar-grapple-monkey
Mincer/merc/rever/theurg

Medde

One of Freddy's beloved
Or no wait, maybe if you change meddeh to meddeh, and meddeh with meddeh so u get meddeh instead of meddeh and meddeh instead of meddeh, that grp would prolly r0x more.

5am humor > all

ty

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Cleric
Cleric
Mind Sorc
Body sorc
Cabby
Cabby
Cabby/enhrej cleric/BGer
Ice Therg

All with zo pets so for fights when zo isnt up, you'd have 5 interupting pets running about or when zo is up, you have enough pets to interupt the entire of 2fgs support...not to mention therg pets as well.

No1 can outheal body sorc +3cabbys DDing after debuff, or even sorc +2cabbys. Alternatively if you like BG, swap a cabby for a reaver which can stop pbaoe as well as melee attacks but tbh, with groups becoming more and more caster orientated, protection against melee wont be so important. OR an extra cleric with high enh and lowest spread heal could be put in for buff shearing as well as heal/ressing.

The mind sorc can concentrate on CC/demezzing and killing enemy pets. The body sorc can debuff/nuke or debuff then help demezzing if needed. Therg concentrates on petting support whilst hasnt alredy got a pet on it or /assist nuke if they're all taken care of. Ice therg would be best because of the nuking interupt pets instead of melee ones. There are already 5 melee pets running around anyways from sorcs/cabbies so casting ones can nullify BG as well.

2 or 3 sets of spread heals
3 CCErs although only one serious. But theres mezz,root and snare there
3 spec DDers and 3 non-spec DDers
5 base pets as well as therg pets
2 demezzers

Am sure ive missed half of whats in there but tbh, don't really need to say anymore :D

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
SethNaket said:
Yesh!

NOOOO
It's already been shown in tests that 40b sorcs using base lifetap outdamage full body sorcs using specDD. In other words unless you really want red d/q debuff, or you really want to debuff for a wizard, don't use full body.

sure mate whatever lol

the VN whines have been taken completely out of context

since i am body spec - and have the luxury of using the Tap or the DD - i know which does more damage.

the Body Spec DD.

lifetap apparantly has a higher DPS - meaning after 20 seconds casting the tap might have done 1-200 more damage, but the mind sorc will be OOP and the body sorc will be casting away

my tap has a cap of 5-600 i think my DD's cap is 747 atm

also m8, a body sorcs lifetap will do more than a mind sorcs lifetap i think , probably need belomar to confirm this

SethNaket

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
sure mate whatever lol

the VN whines have been taken completely out of context
No it's very simple and it's not taken out of context.

since i am body spec - and have the luxury of using the Tap or the DD - i know which does more damage.
Then you can easily test it yourself if you don't believe the other tests that have been done. Duel any of the 100 albs that are always at the TK, do a lifetap and write down the damage, do a spec DD and write down the damage, divide both by the castspeed(or just by delve). The lifetap will end up with the biggest number.

lifetap apparantly has a higher DPS - meaning after 20 seconds casting the tap might have done 1-200 more damage, but the mind sorc will be OOP and the body sorc will be casting away
It has higher dps and since DDs don't frontload like melee but rather backload the damage (delay comes before any damage) higher DPS means it will outdamage the spec DD any way you cut it. There have been some very clear figures posted in the VN threads that demonstrate how they perform side by side.

my tap has a cap of 5-600 i think my DD's cap is 747 atm
Sure sure, if your spec DD cap is 747 then your base tap cap is 639. Excaggerate more please. Besides the group you suggested don't have any body debuff so you'll never hit cap anyway, DPS is all that matters.

also m8, a body sorcs lifetap will do more than a mind sorcs lifetap i think , probably need belomar to confirm this
I said 40b instead of a full body. Difference between 40 and 45b is exactly 5% of delve per nuke providing the 40b has atleast +11 skill to get rid of variance. 5% of delve means 8 dmg per DD before resists, if you want to lose yellow mez, s/c, pom, 40%mez dampen and yellowcon pet for 8 dmg that's your choice. 40b using base lifetap is still the best "nuking sorc" spec.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Fedaykin said:
probably need belomar to confirm this
First of all, I don't even have access to the game any more. :) And secondly, I actually believe SethNaket is correct here, I would definitely make a new Sorcerer 40body/36mind. After all, being a Sorcerer is all about utility, and a full body spec gives up too much of it for diminuitive damage gains (similar to how a 40mend/36pac seems the best all-round Healer spec).

flex

Fledgling Freddie
well, a full body spec (45 body) vs 40/36 sepc will only hit +- 5dmg more / nuke. Since they will both have their adjusted body skill above 50, so no more variance, and every skill point above 50 gives about 1 dmg if i'm not mistaken.

That's why a high rr full mind sorc will also hit for about the same dmg on his lifetap.

i prefer 44 + 40/36 to 2 44 sorc in a group tho for the better aoe root, d/q debuff & somewhat better power usage on nuke

Dawn

Fledgling Freddie
you saying that a mindsorc can outdamage a bodysorc?

flex

Fledgling Freddie
not dmg/nuke offcourse, but after like 20 nukes he will have done more total dmg yes

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
well your dumb because they both have the same tools

so

a body sorc will still out-damage a mind spec sorc if both use the lifetap

maybe on paper the lifetap does more damage but in actual RvR the body nuke is far better

Urgluf

Part of the furniture
4 mercs
theurg
2 clerics
sorc

maybe then i find a fg to join :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom