Good players or cheaters?

M

Molten Lava

Suppose you are in a group near BK in mid frontier. Your Alb group contains 3 level 50 sorcs (wow, must be about 75% of the lvl 50 sorcs online) a lvl 49 cleric (rejuv) a lvl 49 scout a 40 minst and a lvl 50 tank. 2 of the sorcs have a pet, one doesn't have one.

You hide a bit away from BK and tell eachother what the plan is: gank some mids, run back to the hiding place and wait a bit to gank more.

All of a sudden you see some hairy gits behind you and start screaming Mids SE, Mids SE!!! The next 30 seconds the mids take out (in the following order)
1. Sorc 1
2. Sorc 2
3. Sorc 3
4. The cleric
5. The other 3

My question:
did we meet an uber group that managed to take out the right people in the right order? If this is the case: how did they know which ones where the sorcs (as they didnt all three have a pet, and as they didnt all three cast aoe-mezz)
or was one of the mids using a cheat (the radar thingy) where they could see exactly which albs to take down first.

Anyway only the mids themselves can answer this (only two names I remember is Rolf and Trget, targt or something like that)

Anyway depending on the answer:
1. Well played you damn mids (or bad played by us, as usual we ae the unskilled albs)
2. Bah you cheators!

Enter your vote now -leet or cheat-

O

old.Xanthian

Not hard to tell 1 class from another.
In any case Sorc or Wiz or even Theurg, they are casters and would be killed 1st.

Its called TACTICS, something Albs seem to lack.
Take it as a lesson and next time when your zerging in emain to kill casters 1st instead of trying to 2 shot Hero's with your "uber" DoT's.

S

Sol-

hahahha.... maybe the reason why they took out the sorcs 1st was because there were only 3 casters........... and must have been crap sorcs not to get an AE mezz off etc. Not hard to QC.

A

Asha

Ummm... You were probably spotted by a stealther. As for killing the casters first... it's just common sense. A caster is easy to pick out and the cleric or minstrel is the next target. Doesn't sound like cheating to me at all.

P

Puppetmistress

1. Guess what the dude with the stick is.
2. Guess what the dude with cloth is.
3. (Probably) guess why he is an 'Avalonian'.

And finally: For sorcerers (and cabalist): Guess why that dude gives purple red green whorehouse effects around himself whenever he casts a spell.

Cheating? Well, if you see a big troll with 2 axes what do you think?

IMHO has nothing to do with cheating.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Has little to do with cheating in this case. More Albs tend to move around the BK in Middieland.
Why the sorcs did not aoe mezz? Probably stunned by elite instant stun or so...
But hardly think some form of cheating is involved here.
Regards, Glottis

B

bewal

So, they use radar, see albs, take the time to type instructions to group members: that one on the right, next the one by the dude in middle, the one thats 3rd from middle, ah, he moves, hes now 4th...

Face it, mids play good, they kill casters first and then they take clerics. End of story and if you get killed again in midgard, please don't come and whine about it. Try to remeber that its a game after all. Just to sum it up: have a nice hot cup of STFU now please.

S

starblade

Anything with tha green / red / purp disco effects must go down first. Mincer too btw, they even stick their hands in the air waving "Woohooo ... minstrel here casting AE mezz ... you've got 4 seconds left"
It's like seeing a firby with a Fender rushing towards you (even tho I usually dont get to him :p )

R

Rollie_David

best one i ever saw was 6 albion tanks chasing a hero about as he killed casters in an alb vs hib fight, this hero must have been pissing himself cause the bard was stood in the middle of the battle playing end song while this hero basicaly got himself some caster blood, i said this in emain /cg, i was dubbed "l33+ d3wd" for giving advice. One thing you can guarentee when u meet albs is they will freeze as you run in, then they will chase a tank around all day as he 2 shots your casters and is being healed. Not all albs do this just the majority in the emain zergs.

First thing i look to mezz is clerics/bards/casters, its tactics.

the middy frontier has ALOT of stealthers in, this information was most likely given by a stealther.

F

Flimgoblin

taking out in that order isn't particularly suspicious...

if you had 3 sorcs, 2 wizards a cleric and a minstrel and they took out the wizards last I'd be suspicious...

as to them finding you... possibly stealthers...

did they know you were in the area? how fast did they react to seeing you?

If it happens 3 times, in _out of the way_ places (preferably different ones... doesn't take a genius to learn a hiding place and try it several times ;)) then I'd be suspicious... one single event however doesn't make me suspicious.

I'd vote for leet on this one barring any other evidence.

D

dakeyras

Originally posted by dune
One thing you can guarentee when u meet albs is they will freeze as you run in,

Yep, I totally agree

It's called aoe insta mezz and aoe insta stun, overpowered and needs removing or given to Alb

O

old.LandShark

No really, I expect they had hax.
*sigh*

R

Rollie_David

Originally posted by dakeyras

Yep, I totally agree

It's called aoe insta mezz and aoe insta stun, overpowered and needs removing or given to Alb

as of this latest patch my aoe insta is resisted by 50% of the people i use it on, i actually dont use it for offen but mainly for defensive purposes due to resists. That isnt the reason also for albs freezing they tend to panic when they see the enemy instead of activating SoS and running at the enemy and then activating BoF. I know one thing i and i think every other middy would trade you aoe insta mezz or stun for both those realm abilities.

B

bewal

Most of the emain albion mob has no use for tactics, when you got 5 or 6 fg why should you go for casters first? Hell, you put 1fg on each single foe. This whole thread is unfortunate byproduct of this. You go 1fg against 1fg and suddenly you need to do something else than press f8, you die and think its prudent to come and cry at BW. Its ok. Nice to see how the other side thinks and what problems they have, emain really has screwd albion pvp skills to hell.

Yes, there are many who this don't apply to, just the majority of the geeks oozing the emain roads.

M

Molten Lava

Muppet

Originally posted by bewal
Face it, mids play good, they kill casters first and then they take clerics. End of story and if you get killed again in midgard, please don't come and whine about it. Try to remeber that its a game after all. Just to sum it up: have a nice hot cup of STFU now please.

You, mr, are a muppet! I post a normal question asking which you guys think is more believable. I never said I think they cheated I just wanted to know what others think...got some good explanations up here, why they killed the caster first etc etc..but your post is totally stupid...

Muppet

M

Molten Lava

Another

Originally posted by yogi-bf
your a twat.

Wow another nice reply...you guys or helping so much...

thanks for the other normal replies...I know enough: we got pwned by some good playing mids AND we played dumb (its rather bad that you cant get ONE mezz off with 3 sorcs, eventhoug they surprised us and have the insta-win button)

so

1. Well done you mids

B

bewal

The only thing that is stupid is to show total ignorance on how pvp works and even doubt that someone cheats based on what you described, no, make it an opinion poll even when what happened sounds like totally normal encounter. Don't say you are one of those people who think that being suspicious of anything and everything makes you look intelligent? You say you honestly were looking for opinions on the matter or did you really just want to say: We got killed, therefor mids must cheat. To even suggest it is bad form. You know how many times a day something like this happens? Can't you see the logic of going after those dresswearing casters? Or do you prefer to let em cast while you and some tank trade blows for minute? I bet you have lately heard a lot of cheating and then you came up with great idea, lets go to BW and tell how suspicious it is that mids killed 3 robed casters, the cleric and then the rest of us, and how could they have seen us there... Yes, this kind of thread pisses me off. Won't comment on this anymore but try to think before posting things like this.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
And finally: For sorcerers (and cabalist): Guess why that dude gives purple red green whorehouse effects around himself whenever he casts a spell.
Gah! Stupid Sorcerers, stop using my spell effects and getting me killed! I'll just stand in the back DoTting quietly, shall I?

A

Apathy

How on earth THREE sorcerers managed to lose against a group of Mids is beyond me, given that Mids have like -60% body resists and I can solo a healer in about three shots if it is being kept busy by my pet or too stupid to /face me. :p

I took out 1fg of Mids when in a group of 5 random Albs. 1v1 battles are usually won. If I can do it, everyone can.

Maybe you should go see your class trainer and make sure you got the right epic armour parts; sounds like you're wearing the Robes of Suckiness, Gloves of Perpetual Whinging, Boots of Fuckingituproyally, Sleeves of WTF?HAX! and the Leggings of Standinginabigmassiveclumpsoicangetmezzedbysomeonewhocan'tevenquickcast.

I assume you sold the cap for medallion money.

Also...any lag you've been having lately could be Mids hacking your computer! I hear they can click on you and insta-get your IP address.

Just out of interest, are you going to make a post every time you lose out of stupidity? Because if you are, perhaps you should ask Damini to make you a special forum. A special forum for special needs.

a.

S

Sol-

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
How on earth THREE sorcerers managed to lose against a group of Mids is beyond me, given that Mids have like -60% body resists and I can solo a healer in about three shots if it is being kept busy by my pet or too stupid to /face me. :p

I took out 1fg of Mids when in a group of 5 random Albs. 1v1 battles are usually won. If I can do it, everyone can.

Maybe you should go see your class trainer and make sure you got the right epic armour parts; sounds like you're wearing the Robes of Suckiness, Gloves of Perpetual Whinging, Boots of Fuckingituproyally, Sleeves of WTF?HAX! and the Leggings of Standinginabigmassiveclumpsoicangetmezzedbysomeonewhocan'tevenquickcast.

I assume you sold the cap for medallion money.

Also...any lag you've been having lately could be Mids hacking your computer! I hear they can click on you and insta-get your IP address.

Just out of interest, are you going to make a post every time you lose out of stupidity? Because if you are, perhaps you should ask Damini to make you a special forum. A special forum for special needs.

a.

:wub:

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by Molten Lava
Suppose you are in a group near BK in mid frontier. Your Alb group contains 3 level 50 sorcs (wow, must be about 75% of the lvl 50 sorcs online) a lvl 49 cleric (rejuv) a lvl 49 scout a 40 minst and a lvl 50 tank. 2 of the sorcs have a pet, one doesn't have one.

You hide a bit away from BK and tell eachother what the plan is: gank some mids, run back to the hiding place and wait a bit to gank more.

All of a sudden you see some hairy gits behind you and start screaming Mids SE, Mids SE!!! The next 30 seconds the mids take out (in the following order)
1. Sorc 1
2. Sorc 2
3. Sorc 3
4. The cleric
5. The other 3

My question:
did we meet an uber group that managed to take out the right people in the right order? If this is the case: how did they know which ones where the sorcs (as they didnt all three have a pet, and as they didnt all three cast aoe-mezz)
or was one of the mids using a cheat (the radar thingy) where they could see exactly which albs to take down first.

Anyway only the mids themselves can answer this (only two names I remember is Rolf and Trget, targt or something like that)

Anyway depending on the answer:
1. Well played you damn mids (or bad played by us, as usual we ae the unskilled albs)
2. Bah you cheators!

Enter your vote now -leet or cheat-

Spot the ebay n00b.

A

Apathy

Re: Re: Good players or cheaters?

Originally posted by stormriderx

Spot the ebay n00b.

:ROFLMAO:

I think some people have higher eBay ratings than they have RP scores.

a.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Molten Lava

My question:

Oh please.

You had 3 casters. It takes approximately 5 minutes total RvR time to learn how to spot casters in any given group, and the order a group gets dispatched in doesn't need to be given a second thought.

Anyway, I hope you had a fun walk out there and I hope you have a lot of cash saved up, as it sounds like those portal medallions could start to get expensive.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
~slaps Cerdin~

Have at thee!
Hey! <rubs jaw> That was uncalled for! All I ever did while being in your groups was to make all enemy tanks in sight unmezzable charging monsters screaming bloody murder, is that so bad?

Z

zturm

Posted by Apathy:

:ROFLMAO:
Nice 1 :clap:

T

Takhasis

I assume you sold the cap for medallion money

:clap: Classic

Users who are viewing this thread