Good players or cheaters?

A

Aule Valar

gotta be an ebay account, even with mids who's casters aren't all a specific race and actually wear normal cloths is still perfectly easy to stop and nuke/charge the casters first, i'm sure it only takes one mistake for you mids to learn the difference between firars and casters.....
not a chance this was cheating, though how you lost with 3 sorcs is beyond me

M

Molten Lava

Nice

Wow nice, I post a normal question (do I have to explain again that this was a normal question, I never said I thought they were cheating, I only asked to see what people were thinking) and I even get flamed by albs....nice

for those comments on the ebay account: sorry guys that I havent been playing 20+ hours a day....Im glad that after 9 months of Daoc I have 1 lvl 50, 1 lvl 45 and a lvl 43...played them all myself, seem to be bad at it, bad at RvR....people who do know me (wont be much as I dont play 20+ hours a day) can confirm that this is MY account...not bought or whatever...

Anyone sorry for posting and Apathy you are soooo cool.....be my leader, show me the way to how to play are sorc coz you are sooooooooo good....

idiot

A

Apathy

Re: Nice

Originally posted by Molten Lava
Apathy you are soooo cool.....be my leader, show me the way to how to play are sorc coz you are sooooooooo good

You know (Well, you probably don't, actually.) the old saying - "You can lead a fuckwit to Emain but you can't teach him a thing".

You lost a battle. UTTERLY lost it. Amongst your first assumptions was "THEY WERE CHEATING!".

The principle of parsimony states that we should strive for the simplest and most unfettered of explanations and assumptions and work to the least of those. In this case, that would be "You are utterly shite and can't do anything in RvR because of that.".

Here's Occam's razor; go slash yourself a new arsehole and see if a brain falls out.

a.

M

Mundokar

All of a sudden you see some hairy gits behind you and start screaming Mids SE, Mids SE!!! The next 30 seconds the mids take out (in the following order)
1. Sorc 1
2. Sorc 2
3. Sorc 3
4. The cleric
5. The other 3

Select target -> Robes -> Avalonian -> Bolt , QC Bolt Dead

Enter fight F8 Highlander (pass), F8 Briton (pass), F8 Avalonian (NUKE NUKE)

M

Molten Lava

Oooooooooh

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion

The principle of parsimony states that we should strive for the simplest and most unfettered of explanations and assumptions and work to the least of those. In this case, that would be "You are utterly shite and can't do anything in RvR because of that.".

oh.

YouAreMyKing.

A

Aule Valar

would have thought after that much time you may have noticed that tanks and casters look a tiny bit different, and that hitting the toughest target that does the least damage isn't the best thing to do

S

StormriderX

Re: Nice

Wow nice, I post a normal question (do I have to explain again that this was a normal question, I never said I thought they were cheating, I only asked to see what people were thinking) and I even get flamed by albs....nice

for those comments on the ebay account: sorry guys that I havent been playing 20+ hours a day....Im glad that after 9 months of Daoc I have 1 lvl 50, 1 lvl 45 and a lvl 43...played them all myself, seem to be bad at it, bad at RvR....people who do know me (wont be much as I dont play 20+ hours a day) can confirm that this is MY account...not bought or whatever...

Anyone sorry for posting and Apathy you are soooo cool.....be my leader, show me the way to how to play are sorc coz you are sooooooooo good....

idiot

Having played so long and STILL not know which class gets targeted first and then come here to whine makes you a retard of the highest order...and much worse than a ebay n00b. At least they tend to stop being so stupid after the first month.

M

Molten Lava

Sigh

Ok one more try....

They surprised us and killed as us all very quick (stunned and the two sorcs that did get QC mezz off where resisted I think) so they did well (I admitted that in my second or third post) but people tend to start yelling, calling names, making fun of other people on these boards...people that dont play RvR for 20 hours a day...

I got 200k RP's on my sorc and Im proud of that.....that I still loose a lot, fuck up fights etc....is part of the game for me...but it seems that you are only allowed to post a normal question here if you are 'l337' 'uber' etc etc...well Im not...

So Ill try one more time: Mids played well, we played dumb (imho if a group surpised another group its game over for the surprised group anyway) and failed to get mezz off...(my 800 odd hp's don't help either....but thats because I dont have the money like all you uber-l337 players to cap all my resists/stats)

So Ill shut up..at least I learned Im a twat, a noob and bought my account....nice to know....

B

Belomar

Well, I agree that the abuse has been flying rather thickly here, Molten, but you have to understand that you started your post with a very dangerous word: cheating (heck, it's even in the subject of the post!). It doesn't matter if you later on in the post or the thread admit that they might not have been cheating after all, by simply bringing it up in the first place implies that you think that everyone who kills you is cheating (be it true or not).

Accusing someone of cheating is actually a very serious charge. If I suspected anyone of doing it I would (a) mail RightNow about it and (b) if I felt I really had to post to BW about it, I would be very careful not to use the c-word at all.

S

StormriderX

All of a sudden you see some hairy gits behind you and start screaming Mids SE, Mids SE!!! The next 30 seconds the mids take out (in the following order)
1. Sorc 1
2. Sorc 2
3. Sorc 3
4. The cleric
5. The other 3

My question:
did we meet an uber group that managed to take out the right people in the right order? If this is the case: how did they know which ones where the sorcs (as they didnt all three have a pet, and as they didnt all three cast aoe-mezz)
or was one of the mids using a cheat (the radar thingy) where they could see exactly which albs to take down first.

Anyway only the mids themselves can answer this (only two names I remember is Rolf and Trget, targt or something like that)

Anyway depending on the answer:
1. Well played you damn mids (or bad played by us, as usual we ae the unskilled albs)
2. Bah you cheators!

Enter your vote now -leet or cheat-

Here is your original post - albeit a tad shortened.
1st up you ask how they knew which was sorcs and why they took them out first followed by the cleric. Let me try to explain to you in the simplest terms possible - mages have lowest hp/do most damage (well till they got resist batted anyway but I digress :p) so everyone and his dog who isnt a silly n00b targets them first.

Healers are also prime targets because they have the pesky habit of wanting to keep their team mates alive. Therefore the mids in question where neither leet or cheat as you put it, but merely using common sense.

If you have really played 9months and STILL don't know what to target first in a fight then may I suggest stick to doing rvr only when albs muster 5fgs+ to zerg emain. That way you can go back to clicking f8 and targetting what ever happens to be closest.

O

old.LandShark

Don't take it personally. Seriously, if you take random abuse from people on a forum personally, then you have a problem. :p
And please, please don't cry "Cheat!" with little reason... It tends to get a lot of attention, afterwhich you after get ridicule or... well, ridicule :p

M

Molten Lava

Thanks

Thanks for one of the few normal replies here...I never called them cheaters, it might be the fact that English is not my native language that I wrote it all down a bit wrong...

At least I know now not to use the 'c'-word again :)

And finally, most of the time its no use at all posting things here as

1. most of the people are only trying to feck posts up
2. most of the people here think they are the best and they are always right.

And final finally:
Played my sorc to 50, did some RvR didnt like it (died much to quick...low HP and a bad player it seems) went back to level other alts (lvl 43 has 3k rp's and lvl 45 has 40k rp's) so 95% of my time is XP/PvE the other 5% RvR might be the reason why I dont know all the basics...anyway....end of thread for me

S

Sol-

if you read your signature it does not make sense.

O

old.Leel

Well, it was already said, but I'll say it again, there were three casters, they gotta go. Then look, that chain wearing guy with a medium shield, take him next. Then get the rest.
Also, I know how wizzie and sorc epic armor looks. They are quite different in appearance. Of course, players are getting more sc outfit now, so it will be harder to tell the different alb casters from eachother. If you see a saracen caster though, then you can be DAMN sure it's a sorc. Who would make a saracen cabalist anyway with no int bonus which is great for dots (and yes, I have seen ONE saracen cabalist, almost didn't believe my own eyes:-P)

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.Leel
Who would make a saracen cabalist anyway with no int bonus which is great for dots (and yes, I have seen ONE saracen cabalist, almost didn't believe my own eyes:-P)

Cabalists don't HAVE to spec matter, you know.

S

StormriderX

Well, it was already said, but I'll say it again, there were three casters, they gotta go. Then look, that chain wearing guy with a medium shield, take him next. Then get the rest.
Also, I know how wizzie and sorc epic armor looks. They are quite different in appearance. Of course, players are getting more sc outfit now, so it will be harder to tell the different alb casters from eachother. If you see a saracen caster though, then you can be DAMN sure it's a sorc. Who would make a saracen cabalist anyway with no int bonus which is great for dots (and yes, I have seen ONE saracen cabalist, almost didn't believe my own eyes:-P)

Sorcs still light up like a xmas tree when casting a mezz which helps immensely :)

C

Chenuba

Originally posted by Sol-
hahahha.... maybe the reason why they took out the sorcs 1st was because there were only 3 casters........... and must have been crap sorcs not to get an AE mezz off etc. Not hard to QC.

QC still dont beat insta :m00: :m00:

A

Apathy

Also, I know how wizzie and sorc epic armor looks

WOAH! You gimp...sorc and wiz epics are IDENTICAL apart from the colours. One is red and one is puke green. And once it's dyed, noone can tell the difference.

I think that in future, if you are going to boast about your skills first make sure that those skills are plausible; saying "I can detect subtle differences in colours at a range of 500 feet!" is just silly.

a.

O

old.anubis

what's wrong with the statement "i know how wizzie AND sorc epic armor looks"? yes, they are identical, but leel didn't say they are not :p

A

Apathy

In a topic about spotting sorcerers from the rest of a group, when the subject of epic armours is brought up in the course of discussion on differentiation, it is implied that one is stating one can tell the difference between the two classes being compared by their epics.

Now, sorc and wiz are the same. If I could, I would rather sorc epic looked like the cabalist epic. So Victorian!

"Hmm...cabalist epic-wearer...I don't know whether to kill him or set a nice aspidistra on top of him and shove it all next to my bureau."

a.

A

Apathy

And besides, he went on to say "They are quite different in appearance.".

FFS...I should be getting RPs for this.

a.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
"Hmm...cabalist epic-wearer...I don't know whether to kill him or set a nice aspidistra on top of him and shove it all next to my bureau."
Pfft. You're just envious. I know you're always hanging over my shoulder going "ooo ooo" whenever I do something in one of your groups. Trust me, I know; I've had to wipe the drool off the shoulderpieces of my epic many a times.

I

inuyasha

lol

Unless they came FLYING at ya and dropped flower beads they did not cheat to know how to kill mages first when all the enemies is instantmessed :rolleyes:

A

Apathy

That's not drool, it's all that glittering hair gel you wear. :p

"Cabalist in homosexuality shocker! Villagers outraged! Locals up in arms! Unions demand DoT talks!"

Oh you just wait till I respecc to 49 mind and become 100% support. Then my mezzes will have larger radii than your DoTs and you'll need to cast TWO on midpoints just to break the full mezz.

Sounds like hard work to me...

a.

A

Apathy

Re: lol

Originally posted by inuyasha
Unless they came FLYING at ya and dropped flower beads

I've seen Cerdin do that, kinda. Comes flying in on wings and drops menstrual fluid over everyone. He can also be used at night and can withstand rollerblading and discodancing! Nothing will shake him loose.

And I hear Belomar is ribbed...for his pleasure.

a.

R

Repent Reloaded

Chats ? my ass, Lava, you just got owned.
Due to albs large number of players and a large ammount of 13 year olds its hard for alb to get tactics going, but with mid and hib who have a small population from when u look @ albs they r forced to use teamwork or they will die, also with small numbers its alot easyer to communicate. If you want teamwork join a Lv.45+ RvR guild.

-edit-
WOAH! You gimp...sorc and wiz epics are IDENTICAL apart from the colours
If they are diffrent colours then they arnt IDENTICAL. If u dye the epic I guess thats a diffrent matter :)
err since there was only 3 casters if im not mistaken it just may of been luck that they went just for the casters, not just aiming at sorcs.

Users who are viewing this thread