GoA?

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
The problem whit your reasoning is that the lag spikes happends being you solo, small group, fg, zerg whatever; so following it DaoC actually is a no solo, no duo, no small group, no fg, no zerg game, at least no while Opencrap still screwing us even after pingplotters and trace routers are been sent in thousands to GOA :m00:

dunno i stopped playing about 1 month ago it might have become worse till then but back then i had absolutaly no lag at all until i came close to a zerg
any time i solo´d/duo´d/small group it was perfect i even ran eDonkey in background from time to time

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
if they raise the fee without fixing the lag problems, then i will cancel all my acc's. (5 in total) thx goa for making me come into a love/hate ordeal.

not a whine/rant just a solution from my side , since you can't come up with one on your side.

Bloodaxe_Springskalle

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:
i think GOA are in the process of trying to convince the ISP theres a problem.

I know from having to prove the same thing to ISP's that provide hosting for the company i work for, its not always an easy task.

its a pain getting lag but try and help by providing the info they have asked for. See the post in main section.

it shouldnt take 5 months to fix it tho, "in the process of" means "in a few years" in GOA language ^^

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
daoc_xianghua said:
dunno i stopped playing about 1 month ago it might have become worse till then but back then i had absolutaly no lag at all until i came close to a zerg
any time i solo´d/duo´d/small group it was perfect i even ran eDonkey in background from time to time

You know jackshit then and should just stfu, Opentransit lag spikes are being crazy last 3-4 days, before flame someone i suggest you get your facts right, or even better stop talking crap out your ass about a game you dont play anymore :m00:

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Antedeluvian said:
You know jackshit then and should just stfu, Opentransit lag spikes are being crazy last 3-4 days, before flame someone i suggest you get your facts right, or even better stop talking crap out your ass about a game you dont play anymore :m00:

ROFL and cuz of 4 days lag you cry that many tears? :eek:
seriously you have to learn alot about internet gaming m8

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
Antedeluvian said:

i think none of us lag. it is all in our imagination. Ofc it is a joke to say that the crazy lag lasts only the last 4 days.

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
daoc_xianghua said:
seriously you have to learn alot about internet gaming m8

Guess he ain't alone :m00:

The lag has been an issue for months now and has affected all realms. It didn't and still doesn't require a zerg for the lag to be present (not that it makes things any better either). I solo a lot with my scout in places far away from the main fight and even there lag is prevalent. I even get lag/go ld standing on a tower in the middle of no-where (safe spot to go afk).
Blaming it on "zerging" is a load of crap.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Votan said:
Guess he ain't alone :m00:

The lag has been an issue for months now and has affected all realms. It didn't and still doesn't require a zerg for the lag to be present (not that it makes things any better either). I solo a lot with my scout in places far away from the main fight and even there lag is prevalent. I even get lag/go ld standing on a tower in the middle of no-where (safe spot to go afk).
Blaming it on "zerging" is a load of crap.

i agree the server became quiet laggy since NF but always only when facing a huuuge amount of ppl
blaming it on goa is even more crap i never had such lag unless there is a serious zerg close, and i just have 1Mbit connection here

maybe its your own ISP?

anyways i cba to argue with you about something i dont care at all about all i wanted to say is that this mass qqing about it wont help at all and just makes ppl at GOA laugh about you (hence why no goa-freak has posted in this thread yet)
just learn to live with it or leave the game but without that childish wajn pls

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
If it was my ISP i surely would have noticed as playing DAoC is not the only thing I use my internet for. I have a 2mbit line so that should easily be able to handle the game's traffic.

Why is blaming it on Goa crap.. they provide the service for the damn game in the first place. Some are indeed whining but a lot are stating their well founded concerns/issues with the current state of the game.. nothing wrong with that. As for goa employee's laughing.. i doubt it. We all leave = them having to get a new job.

You state that you don't care about the game yet you come here tossing your opinions left and right.. very hypocritical. If you really didn't care you wouldn't have bothered posting here and instead spent your time on a Sims forum debating character creation.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Votan said:
If it was my ISP i surely would have noticed as playing DAoC is not the only thing I use my <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=internet&v=55">internet</a> for. I have a 2mbit line so that should easily be able to handle the game's <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=traffic&v=55">traffic</a>.

Why is blaming it on Goa crap.. they provide the service for the damn game in the first place. Some are indeed whining but a lot are stating their well founded concerns/issues with the current state of the game.. nothing wrong with that. As for goa employee's laughing.. i doubt it. We all leave = them having to get a new <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=job&v=55">job</a>.

You state that you don't care about the game yet you come here tossing your opinions left and right.. very hypocritical. If you really didn't care you wouldn't have bothered posting here and instead spent your <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=55">time</a> on a Sims forum debating character creation.

in fact i dont care at all m8 and if you would know me you´d also know that
the reason why i come here is simply cuz from time to time i get bored
and posts like this one + the tarded shit ppl talk about in it is quiet entertaining if you got nothing better to do

blaming goa is crap cuz

-open transit is not goa´s fault
-nothing will change cuz 15-20 ppl on a forum cry about it (no matter how often and how intensive they do)

if you rly want to make them do something then how about you write to them directly instead of posting it on a PLAYER forum

still a very small chance that they gonna care but atleast then some1 of them might read it

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
The current lag problem is very much goa's problem.

Anyhow either way its goa's problem as its they who provide the game service and not OT; I want feck all to do with OT personally.

Goa GM's do read these boards..believe it or not.. so the feelings of the community are known to them. As if writing to them will have any impact.. i honestly doubt it.
15-20 people posting on a forum may not have much impact but rest assured that 100's (more) cancelling their subs will most definitely have an impact. DAoC doesnt have an official forum like WoW does so we'll have to make do with what we have.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Votan said:
The current lag problem is very much goa's problem.

Anyhow either way its goa's problem as its they who provide the game service and not OT; I want feck all to do with OT personally.

Goa GM's do read these boards..believe it or not.. so the feelings of the community are known to them. As if <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=writing&v=55">writing</a> to them will have any impact.. i honestly doubt it.
15-20 <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=people&v=55">people</a> posting on a forum may not have much impact but rest assured that 100's (more) cancelling their subs will most definitely have an impact. DAoC doesnt have an official forum like WoW does so we'll have to make do with what we have.

i know they read this boards from time to time but still i think it would have more impact if lots of ppl would email them and tell them their concerns in a nice way

Firebirth

Fledgling Freddie
Ah well my account runs out on the 2nd of april and i wont be renewing it, whatever you say xianghua the lag problems are real and it is upto GOA to sort the problems out not us. The community helps where it can by providing traceroots and pingplots. but at the end of all that its upto GOA to sort the problem out.

GOA being owned by Opentransit only compounds the issue as this then becomes an internal issue. Opentransit have demonstrated their ineptitude at fixing the problems with thier network thier response time is typically slow it seems.

GOA is the provider of a service that we pay for therefore it should be their progative to fix any problems that significantly hinder the quality of that service

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
StonyPony said:
yeah and then play alb accounts, and ask me for buffs :clap:

Ofc, aint my acc just fooling some :>

but but u looooove me malaka!

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Eh, what are you on about, daoc_xianghua?

It doesn't matter if you are solo in the middle of North Sea with not a single person around, you still get LAGSPIKES that lasts 5-10sec, VERY often. (Red P/L)
This has nothing to do with zergs or whatever, and sure as hell doesnt have anything to do with my ISP, its completely on Goas side.

And in ToA it has been a 10sec delay 24/7 for a veeeeery long while. Dunno if the ToA-lag is fixed now though, havent been there since 1.71 was released.

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
daoc_xianghua said:
i agree the server became quiet laggy since NF but always only when facing a huuuge amount of ppl
blaming it on goa is even more crap i never had such lag unless there is a serious zerg close, and i just have 1Mbit connection here

maybe its your own ISP?

anyways i cba to argue with you about something i dont care at all about all i wanted to say is that this mass qqing about it wont help at all and just makes ppl at GOA laugh about you (hence why no goa-freak has posted in this thread yet)

so goa's requirements to play daoc is to have 1mb connection :eek2:

Devilseye

Fledgling Freddie
daoc_xianghua said:

maybe its your own ISP?

your own isp?... didnt know every1 is on the same ISP.. since every1 is getting LD's and lag spikes!!!111!!1! ( :p )
and 1Mbit = fine?

(speedtest.nl results)
Download: 471.7 KByte/sec (=3774kbps)
Upload: 97.4 KByte/sec (=778kbps)
connection per min: 787
Ping: 20ms

Anyways..
ok.. so your on 1Mbit, i'm slightly above it.. and still went LD today for like.. 12x :eek: :touch:

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
isent goa's fualt the lag tho :< they just get blamed for it , but is the french compay that stand for the opentransit fault , they got some bad stuff atm. Isent a shit goa or u and me can do about it :p

Kaelimar

Fledgling Freddie
try run a pingplotter.. i did that from work today and mailed them to rightnow. they clearly show the last 2 hops being faulty,. talked with a dev ingame that also confirmed that the last 2 hops was causing some probb. but couldn´t answer why or when something is going to be done

Minau

Loyal Freddie
i got a 8mb connection and still lagg like shit and go ld all the time.

Framfall

Banned
Hestethun said:
isent goa's fualt the lag tho :< they just get blamed for it , but is the french compay that stand for the opentransit fault , they got some bad stuff atm. Isent a shit goa or u and me can do about it :p

No it's not goa's fault, but yes they can do shitload for us customers and yes they probably can fix the LAG.

I will blame GOA as long as that's where my money go, blaming someone else for a poor service is just shitty customer service.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
well from a business stand point goa is paying open transit to provide the service, open transit arnt providing a service for goas servers.

Goa should really find a new isp because if people are saying that all other french hosted mmorpgs dont suffer from this problem then goa have got serious problems on their hands.

Either way the lag is anoying and its going to cost goa a lot of subscribers. If they try and bring the price up for when catacombs comes out thye going to find more than just 10 or 15 anoyed people leaving it will be hundreds and then they wont have very much to say then will they.

Fix it now or provide some feedback explain who we can complain to if not goa.

Stinkies

Fledgling Freddie
GoA is a customer of Opentransit, and by the amount of traffic, they should be a pretty big customer.
WoW is being published by a French company, but their servers are hosted on the Amsterdam Internet Exchange. No retarded French technicians there.
And I could not care less that it is not GoA's fault. I pay money to them, and I only have to deal with them, not some noob at Opentransit.
GoA should fix it, ld'd 5 times tonight on an ml8 raid, along with most of the /BG.
GoA, you are complete and utter noobs, specially with a good alternative so closeby, you should make sure that the customer is satisfied.

Jaapi

Fledgling Freddie
Hestethun said:
When you buy a car and it breaks, you don't call the factory that made it. The one who sells the product is always to blame and it's their problem to fix it.

Minau

Loyal Freddie
Jaapi said:
When you buy a car and it breaks, you don't call the factory that made it. The one who sells the product is always to blame and it's their problem to fix it.
What he said. Not GoA´s fault, but their responsibility to fix it.

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, GOA might not be morally responsible for this mess but they are without a doubt legally responsible. Here's the facts:
a) We pay a monthly fee for a service.
b) The service is beyond bad.
See, in a normal case this would lead to all customers (us, the players) cancelling our subscriptions and ending the so called service, but the bulk of us have put in literally months of our time into this gamingworld and won't give up on it easily.
And in a month we'll have another very entertaining scenario when:
a) WoW is released in Europe.
b) GOA raises (!) the monthly fee for DAoC.
Add to this the very possible matter
c) The problems with the server aren't solved.
Anyone else starting to get the picture?

Just for the record I've cancelled my own subs a few days ago, laying my hopes to the WoW-beta. Subs don't run out until february though, so I've checked in once or twice only to find that largescale RvR is practically dead because it lags too much, FG RvR is going down the drain because of lag and PvE is just impossible due to - lag. LD:ed twice as many times tonight on DAoC than I have during the entire WoW-beta. Guess I don't have to tell you what I'm currently playing...

There is a huge potential potential and a whole lot of history in this game so I sincerely hope the problem will be solved shortly. Until then, well, cancelling your subs and trying something different might be a good way to make GOA wake up ;)

Kind regards

begach

Fledgling Freddie
Pictar this:

Suppose your a passenger in a taxi. It breaks down and the driver demands you not only help him fix the car (ping plots) but keeps the meter running while you hold the spanner (subs on a service known to have "fit for purpose" issues). Would you :

a) not only help him fix his problems and pay the full fair but also empathise with his plight of how he's hard done by with him having to hire his unreliable taxi from a bad hire service. Not to mention how bad it makes him look :(

b) Tell him to get the fuck an ring another WoW ahem <cough> i mean taxi?

Long story short if they can't provide a service fit for purpose then they shouldn't charge for one. After allowing time for them to react now I care little for excuses.

PS WoW blews :p

B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom