GoA?

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
What are you doing with all the money we pay u for playing?

You sure as hell dont seem to lay em on fixing a good ISP or whatever u need to fix to get the server playable.

Its been like this for a very long time now.

Maybe time to take care of it for real now?
Would be fun to RvR without 5-10sec lagspikes once every minute. ;/

Something must be done!

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
yes the lag is fucking terrible !!

something needs to be done
:(

Jimmi

Fledgling Freddie
The way they treat their customers is just absolutely abnormal. How can they charge money for something that can't even be played?

As a games journalist, I believe that no.1 factor of every MMO is to provide your customers with GOOD service. Alas, GOA fails in every aspect of doing so. I'm glad I don't pay to play this piece of crap, but I do feel sorry for you guys-- the paying customers. It is sad to see a game at this state, 3 years after its release.

Silverblast

One of Freddy's beloved
Someone donate a real server/connection they can use instead of the current casette recorder we have as a server ..

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Aye this is really starting to take the piss.. seriously considering stopping as gOa have proven themselves to be utterly incompetent.

Kelan

Fledgling Freddie
Strike,strike,strike..............grabs large banner made from cardboard and looong wooden stick.

GrIrcSpammer

Fledgling Freddie
YE WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS LAG xDDDDDDD ffs u should be doing sumthing to attract ppl to daoc so that the servers dont get empty with the wow release ... instead u just try to make things worse ... gw!

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
From goa's point of view everything are. perfect. After all they will raise the fee from february as i have heard. :eek7:

tierk

Part of the furniture
AS per usual some company rep will probably be on here. once the thread gets big and flammable, spouting the usual line of bullshit "oh yes we tested in out and all out tests showed that 1.71 was the laaagg fixer" and then after they get pressed a bit more they will tell you they tested 1.71 on a microwave oven using a lab monkey and that all the testing they have done shows everything was working as intended. When that fails they will naturally tel you its a OT prolem and send in yer ling plotters again.

Goa= full of shite and tbh silly you for believeing all the BS they heap on peeps. Oh and i am wondering were all the pricks that came on hear running people into the ground for complaining about the laaag pre 1.71 are gonna say now in defense of this shite service? :twak:

Stinkies

Fledgling Freddie
They raise the price and I cancel my 2 accounts.
Time to move to WoW then for sure.
Would be terribly stupid to raise the price just as WoW arrives, although it probably is not a real motivator for people to switch between games (1 euro difference or so).

Framfall

Banned
GrIrcSpammer said:
YE WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS LAG xDDDDDDD ffs u should be doing sumthing to attract ppl to daoc so that the servers dont get empty with the wow release ... instead u just try to make things worse ... gw!

You are a tad retarded aight?

Why would I want to attract people to a game that is hardly playable because of lag and other issues?

Marketing Daoc is not my job.

WoW is a better product atm?

Haldar

Fledgling Freddie
2 weeks passed since my accs timed out,.

still...not the time for return i guess.

Shafu

Fledgling Freddie
At least we could avoid the lag in ToA zones, now it's everywhere.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
i think GOA are in the process of trying to convince the ISP theres a problem.

I know from having to prove the same thing to ISP's that provide hosting for the company i work for, its not always an easy task.

its a pain getting lag but try and help by providing the info they have asked for. See the post in main section.

Tiztla

Fledgling Freddie
Yes agree, we where trying to have some nice keepfights but al our zerg went ld, terribly tired of this actually

if they raise the amont of money to play and dont do anything about the lagg then i must consider to quit, i cant have much more :(

sirius

Fledgling Freddie
Yep it's a joke

said it before saying it again, someone is laughing their ass of while eating frog legs we payed for, and yes just been killed twice cos of lag, pa nada happends until after the 10 sec and i lie dead

Minau

Loyal Freddie
this is un acceptable, i allways though i would be the last person off the
server since i still love the game.. but if this shit doesnt end reeeeeall fucking
soon, im leaving... gotta play crappy Fifa 2005 for now while waiting for the
fix >.<

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
WEll lets just say,there are 20000 people online at a evening..(whole europe)
that means 30000 people having a accout open ? (including bbs and people that dont play at that time)

(italian players NOT included)

so that gives em like 30000 ×12 € per month.. thats: 360000€ per MONTH!

ofcourse there are "some" people at work, but really how many??
The designers are at mythic (america) etc..
Only thing goa has to do is hire some translaters every now and then.
Couple of guys that keep checking servers etc..(these are also the patch gimps)

and ofcourse Mr.Bill ^^ the guy who handles all the subscriptions etc..

the rest is all mythic???

So what..the..#$%& are they dooing with our cash?

PARRTYYYYY:p

Abel

Fledgling Freddie
WEll lets just say,there are 20000 people online at a evening..(whole europe)

Lately seems to be 17.000-18.000 at peak hour while it used to be up to about 24.000, so the numbers have declined by quite a bit.

The best way to keep revenue up in this situation ... is to raise subscription fees :p ...

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed, the lag is as bad as ever. I returned from the holidays looking forward to 1.71 and no more lagdeaths in RvR and PvP, only to realise most guildevents we try are more or less destroyed by lag. Not being a technical genious I won't claim there's this or that they should be fixing, but then again isn't this exactly what we pay that monthly fee for? You know, "to service and maintain the servers" and all that.

Been playing the Final Beta of WoW the last few days, and guess what? No lag at all, and we're talking massive amounts of characters running around just about all over the place. Server comes down for patching, maintenance etc every now and then but besides that it's solid as a rock. And ten times more fun, if you ask me.

Ah well, I reckon they'll realise their mistake in a month when they raise the fee and lose 70% of the players to WoW ;)

Kind regards

prodical

Fledgling Freddie
and still no reply from a moderator about the issuse. the new patch made lag worse :(

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
its really pissing me off atm...

lvvling ur artis in poc is impossible due all the lags etc u get suddely 50 red mobs towards u due uve pulled em somehow =\
and its omfg impossible to assist o a mob (tank group :> ae mezz & 1by1:p), i mean i assist, i stick, suddenly.. hey were the crap am I?..

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
Tiztla said:
Yes agree, we where trying to have some nice keepfights but al our zerg went ld, terribly tired of this actually

:(

actually thought about stop zerging then, dumbass?

less shitheads at same place = less ld´s

and now dont come with this idiotic phrase " but its a MMO game its meant to zerg blahblah blubblub"
ITS NOT IT NEVER WAS AND IT NEVER WILL BE for the very simple reason the servers cant take it. (apart from the part that its totally lame and noobish)
we´ve seen it more than once at RR´s in OF when entire zones crashed cuz of the mass of ppl there
cant rly blame anyone for bringing massive numbers at RR´s but it proved very well that daoc is a fg vs fg game if you want proper play with no lagg and a maximum of control

no matter how much ppl like u cry about it it will never change i bet in 2010 (if daoc still runs then) we´ll have the exact same ISP with the exact same lagg in mass battles

elbeek

Part of the furniture
daoc_xianghua said:
actually thought about stop zerging then, dumbass?

less shitheads at same place = less ld´s

Have you ever read the book, "how to win friends and influence people"?...prolly not.

daoc_xianghua

Fledgling Freddie
elbeek said:
Have you ever read the book, "how to win <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=friends&v=55">friends</a> and influence people"?...prolly not.

i´m not rly interested in having zergling friends tbh :x

Antedeluvian

Fledgling Freddie
The problem whit your reasoning is that the lag spikes happends being you solo, small group, fg, zerg whatever; so following it DaoC actually is a no solo, no duo, no small group, no fg, no zerg game, at least no while Opencrap still screwing us even after pingplotters and trace routers are been sent in thousands to GOA :m00:

Mithradir said:
From goa's point of view everything are. perfect. After all they will raise the fee from february as i have heard. :eek7:

They done it on US yes, from 10 dollars to 14.95 ( but that could just be that the dollar is low in course and the Euro is strenghten) or somthing.
If GOA follows and raises thier fee I doubt I will re-new my sub since its just unacceptable to pay for something thats broke.
- Constant lagg and ingame delays, unplayable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom