GOA whats are you doing with Eight Peaks?

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Isn't it good to complain about something?
And, what if they silently increased the server cap more than they should have, and that that's what causes the server to crash a lot?
Ya, removing server caps would be real smart, not.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
There are no queue's for Order on most servers, just Destruction. Remove the cap and you'll end up with Destro outnumbering Order maybe 4-5 to 1 on some servers and servers with unmanagable population numbers and killer lag...then you'll all be complaining about the game being unplayable instead most likely.

Anyone know what the cap number is per server?

Nope no complaints from me just open the freakin servers up properly instead of all this fuking about,you maybe happy to pay to sit in a que for an hour ..i'm not and don't intend to.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Nope no complaints from me just open the freakin servers up properly instead of all this fuking about,you maybe happy to pay to sit in a que for an hour ..i'm not and don't intend to.

Have they said it's not opened up propperly yet?

Where is this information coming from?

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Anyone have any idea on the actual numbers involved? How many can fit onto a server etc, or is it the same as DAoC?

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Have they said it's not opened up propperly yet?

Where is this information coming from?

Sorry can't give you a link to the thread on closed beta forum as they aint there anymore,but it was explained that goa had their own schedule and the server cap would be raised gradualy and that the servers could cope with 3k + per side without any problems,i don't know but i seriously doubt that there are 6k+ people playing on each server or even one of them.If they are open properly and this is how things are going to be then i will not be paying to be in a que for an hour play for 20mins CTD then que again it's PtP.... Pay to Play.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Sorry can't give you a link to the thread on closed beta forum as they aint there anymore,

Yes they are.

I guess we can at least say GOA provide a consistent service. Their failure to bring the servers up on time has been match with their failure to take down the closed beta forums despite there being a post from Magnus a few days ago saying it would be coming down in the next few hours.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
It might be hard to move server but if Q's are so long, crashes so frequent...
Change server WITH ur friends!!! Or roll the different side on a less crowded server as alternative for Q's

I had 1 crash today, just 1 time to Q for 5 mins in prime time...

GOA is doing a good job but logging back on to a server that is having difficulties aint a solution. Frustrated reactions is the only things I hear so i'll put in a different response.

Think back today, how much time got lost with relogs, Q's, picking up ur alt-button & spacebar from ur last ctd,... Give them time to fix things and don't expect miracles, it aint as easy as u think. Meanwhile u can read up on Stories from the warhammer world (the game is based on smth), or fill up the database on www.wardb.com or heck get out... fall just started ;)

If they spent weeks on fixing the issue, then i'll jump on the bandwagon.
But for now, this is getting old.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
It might be hard to move server but if Q's are so long, crashes so frequent...
Change server WITH ur friends!!! Or roll the different side on a less crowded server as alternative for Q's

I had 1 crash today, just 1 time to Q for 5 mins in prime time...

GOA is doing a good job but logging back on to a server that is having difficulties aint a solution. Frustrated reactions is the only things I hear so i'll put in a different response.

Think back today, how much time got lost with relogs, Q's, picking up ur alt-button & spacebar from ur last ctd,... Give them time to fix things and don't expect miracles, it aint as easy as u think. Meanwhile u can read up on Stories from the warhammer world (the game is based on smth), or fill up the database on www.wardb.com or heck get out... fall just started ;)

If they spent weeks on fixing the issue, then i'll jump on the bandwagon.
But for now, this is getting old.

You seem to be failing to understand..it's not just a question of moving server..3 day headstart guild made alliances etc etc..why should i give all that up just because GOA can't do their job right?I work i get out pleanty nothing to fix, just up or remove the server cap and stop the shite que's where are the 3k+ per side servers we where promised?

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry can't give you a link to the thread on closed beta forum as they aint there anymore,but it was explained that goa had their own schedule and the server cap would be raised gradualy and that the servers could cope with 3k + per side without any problems,i don't know but i seriously doubt that there are 6k+ people playing on each server or even one of them.If they are open properly and this is how things are going to be then i will not be paying to be in a que for an hour play for 20mins CTD then que again it's PtP.... Pay to Play.

Well, if the cap is indeed 6000 and the servers are currently full you really can't expect them to do anything except open more server. However, you'd have 3000 players roughly per faction, split roughly into three races so around 1000 in each racial area....I can't honestly say if the servers are capped at 6000, but i can't recall seeing anywhere near those kind of numbers yet anywhere.

The reality is not all servers are full yet, but a lot of players seem to have chosen one or two servers to congregate on pushing the numbers way beyond the cap and thats gonna cause a problem for those players.

I haven't had to queue yet, but im guessing it's somewhat annoying. Also not had a single ctd since release, in fact i have only had one ctd since open beta began.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Well, seeing as how Open Beta ran with the number of people - I am guessing we are now effectively entering the Open Beta stress-testing phase of servers to figure out what they can handle and for how long :flame:

dee777

Loyal Freddie
You seem to be failing to understand..it's not just a question of moving server..3 day headstart guild made alliances etc etc..why should i give all that up just because GOA can't do their job right?I work i get out pleanty nothing to fix, just up or remove the server cap and stop the shite que's where are the 3k+ per side servers we where promised?

You seem to have an anger problem and you fail to understand that stuffing every oldschool DAoC player onto one server will run said server into problems. Either you deal with queues or with stuttering server performance.

Hmm...to make it really simple for you...you cant have the cake and eat it too...got it now?

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
You seem to have an anger problem and you fail to understand that stuffing every oldschool DAoC player onto one server will run said server into problems. Either you deal with queues or with stuttering server performance.

Hmm...to make it really simple for you...you cant have the cake and eat it too...got it now?

I don't have any anger problem,you fail to understand that we are Paying to PLAY not sit in a que for an hour.It was not my decision to stuff everyone on a limited amount of servers,that was down to goa and the amount of servers they made available at the time of the headstart.To make it really simple for you ..i want what i am paying for PLAYTIME...got it now??

btw the saying is... You can't have your cake and eat it.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
Well, seeing as how Open Beta ran with the number of people - I am guessing we are now effectively entering the Open Beta stress-testing phase of servers to figure out what they can handle and for how long :flame:

By that do you mean they are trying to stress out the gamers to see how much we can take? :)

dee777

Loyal Freddie
... are Paying to PLAY not sit in a que for an hour.It was not my decision to stuff everyone on a limited amount of servers,that was down to goa and the amount of servers they made available at the time of the headstart.

Fail again. You pay to access the service, if you decide to order the meal of the day you will have to wait until you are served. Eat something different if you are in a hurry.

It was _you_ who picked the server you play on. Plenty of servers available during headstart that had and still have only minimal (low double digits) queues. GOA has not a lot of credit for all that they did wrong in the past, but you just cant blame this issue on them. At all.

btw the saying is... You can't have your cake and eat it.

A language nazi. Adorable. I havent seen one of those in quite some time.
:wanker:

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Fail again. You pay to access the service, if you decide to order the meal of the day you will have to wait until you are served. Eat something different if you are in a hurry.

It was _you_ who picked the server you play on. Plenty of servers available during headstart that had and still have only minimal (low double digits) queues. GOA has not a lot of credit for all that they did wrong in the past, but you just cant blame this issue on them. At all.

A language nazi. Adorable. I havent seen one of those in quite some time.
:wanker:

lol you really are a forum troll...i will just disreguard you as you are a twat..yes i PAY to access the service ie pay to play not sit in a que..the servers that goa put up are the ones that are having the huge que's..work it out yourself or is that beyond your limited brain?:kissit:

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Karak Eight Peaks

Good day!
As indicated in our news, we are well aware of the stability issues on Karak Eight Peaks. Here's a short summary from yesterday's downtimes:

Downtime 16:38-16:46 CET
Downtime 18:33-17:56 CET
Downtime 20:24-20:44 CET

We've had crashes on Karak Eight Peaks earlier, but not this frequent.

There are alot of speculations going about about server caps and other population related numbers. Whereas I cannot end this speculation by sharing the real numbers, I can say this; Karak Eight Peaks is naturally being run on as high a capacity as possible. Some seem to be under the impression that the problem with Karak Eight Peaks is that the population cap is too low. Quite clearly, a lack of players is not an issue on Karak Eight Peaks, and were we to raise the cap further, we would see more, not less crashes.

-Magnus

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Good day!
As indicated in our news, we are well aware of the stability issues on Karak Eight Peaks. Here's a short summary from yesterday's downtimes:

Downtime 16:38-16:46 CET
Downtime 18:33-17:56 CET
Downtime 20:24-20:44 CET

We've had crashes on Karak Eight Peaks earlier, but not this frequent.

There are alot of speculations going about about server caps and other population related numbers. Whereas I cannot end this speculation by sharing the real numbers, I can say this; Karak Eight Peaks is naturally being run on as high a capacity as possible. Some seem to be under the impression that the problem with Karak Eight Peaks is that the population cap is too low. Quite clearly, a lack of players is not an issue on Karak Eight Peaks, and were we to raise the cap further, we would see more, not less crashes.

-Magnus

Good to hear an official response. However this just means I'm forced to continue to play on other server :(

Anything you can tell us about the CTDs? I haven't had a single CTD on Karak Hirn so this has gotten me to guess that's it someway related to the overloaded server.

Btw you might want to fix that middle downtime period ;)

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
I don't have any anger problem,you fail to understand that we are Paying to PLAY not sit in a que for an hour.It was not my decision to stuff everyone on a limited amount of servers,that was down to goa and the amount of servers they made available at the time of the headstart.To make it really simple for you ..i want what i am paying for PLAYTIME...got it now??

yes, but there is not a single thing goa or mythic can do if people insist on playing on 2 servers when there are more than enough servers.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
lol you really are a forum troll...i will just disreguard you as you are a twat..yes i PAY to access the service ie pay to play not sit in a que..the servers that goa put up are the ones that are having the huge que's..work it out yourself or is that beyond your limited brain?:kissit:

i play destruction on one of the starting servers. longest queue i ever had was 40 people...

the point is, even if you had the option of char copy to a diff server, would you do it ? i guess not because it would force you to go play without your friends or your entire guild / alliance would have to move too and what are the chances of that ?

dee777

Loyal Freddie
lthe servers that goa put up are the ones that are having the huge que's..work it out yourself or is that beyond your limited brain?:kissit:

Get your facts straight before you try to sound clever, will make you look less like a numbnut. The _only_ server with huge queues ist eight peaks. There are a few with normal queues and there are some with nearly no queues. All of those were accessible during SE headstart.

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
Get your facts straight before you try to sound clever, will make you look less like a numbnut. The _only_ server with huge queues ist eight peaks. There are a few with normal queues and there are some with nearly no queues. All of those were accessible during SE headstart.

400+ (30 mins roughly) queues on Karak Hirn destruction too. And after a couple hours playing the memory leaks have slowed it to a crawl so much it requires a restart...which is another 30 min queue.

30 mins to get in game is HUGE. Anything bigger than that is still huge. Huger possibly.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie

get yours right thicko.. i play on Azgal there is a que of 500+ must you continue to show your ignorance jeez i've seen some really really stupid people but you take the biscuit, i don't know why i bother with such idiots.:kissit:

rynnor

Rockhound
Everyone please calm down - no need to resort to personal feuding because you dis-agree about server loads - and may I remind you that insulting your fellow Freddys breaks the Code of Conduct displayed above - please read it!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i play destruction on one of the starting servers. longest queue i ever had was 40 people...

the point is, even if you had the option of char copy to a diff server, would you do it ? i guess not because it would force you to go play without your friends or your entire guild / alliance would have to move too and what are the chances of that ?

theres always new friends to be made.

/edit: and as posted above. if you all insist on playing on the same servers you HAVE to deal with this sort of stuff. theres no other way arould it but move to a less populated server.

and comon, a week worth of progress? is that even a valid reason not to move?

dee777

Loyal Freddie
...jeez i've seen some really really stupid people but you take the biscuit, i don't know why i bother with such idiots.:kissit:

Inferiority complex much? Your queues are miraculously higher than mine, so either we play very different timesets or you try to be a spindoctor. One with bad manners actually.

//edit: To bring that thread back to topic, what do you think GOA/Mythic/god could do to fight queues without further endangering server stability?

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Inferiority complex much? Your queues are miraculously higher than mine, so either we play very different timesets or you try to be a spindoctor. One with bad manners actually.

//edit: To bring that thread back to topic, what do you think GOA/Mythic/god could do to fight queues without further endangering server stability?

1)server cloning didn`t work.

2)char transfer wouldn`t be used except for a few ultra casual people who only played 1 hour and know noone ingame, but these people could just as well reroll.

3)raising the caps of the servers would just make the servers go tits up more.

4)counting on peoples common sense doesn`t seem an option either.

i have no idea tbh.

i think for servers as 8peaks, the situation will only get worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom