GOA whats are you doing with Eight Peaks?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Queue up before you want to play, no queue.
Don't exit, just log out to char selection screen, fixes most problems, no queue.

Server shouldn't crash though and keep peeps locked.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
I end up in a queue if I change characters (and there is a queue) - aka log out to character screen. Could just be somebody hates me though :D

fatgit

Loyal Freddie
I honestly wouldnt mind a 60min queue, we put up with them in WoW frequently. The problems arise in the fact that if you crash in the queue, you're back to the beginning, if you crash ingame, you're back to the beginning, if you want to swap character, yup, it's back to the beginning.

Most of this week has been spent with over 3 hours queue and an hour gameplay.

What's needed most, is a system whereby the client doesn't immediately timeout from the server, so you have a couple of minutes to log back in, before you have to re-queue.
2-3 mins should be enough to restart the client, or swap chars.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Inferiority complex much? Your queues are miraculously higher than mine, so either we play very different timesets or you try to be a spindoctor. One with bad manners actually.

//edit: To bring that thread back to topic, what do you think GOA/Mythic/god could do to fight queues without further endangering server stability?
Inferior to who ...lol ..i've never met anyone superior to me nor do i deem myself superior to anyone else...
You really need to look at the server list..there are lots of servers with huge Q's.I am right now at 503 of 532 the time is 20:04 58mins to wait.that is a fact.Now as for the bad manners.. was it not you that ended your post with .... wanker?
On topic.. is it purely for server stability or to keep the sides sort of balanced?I could stand the hour Q if when i CTD there was 5mins "grace" to log in again but to Q for an hour and then possibly CTD after a few and start again is unreasonable.

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
You seem to have an anger problem and you fail to understand that stuffing every oldschool DAoC player onto one server will run said server into problems. Either you deal with queues or with stuttering server performance.

Funny... There weren't these kinds of issues on Percival/Excal servers... so why now ?

Some say : move your entire guild.

There are FOUR servers that aren't full on the destruction side as I'm righting this. Yeah, lets ALL move our guilds and Alliances to those Four servers and give the entire "you should move to low pop servers"-crowd a taste of an 1+ hour queue.

Or better yet, lets ALL play Order... that would make for very fun RvR tbh.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Great news!

On Wednesday, Karak Eight Peaks will be cloned into Tor Anroc so get your guilds together and make sure you've decided which server to play on before the cloning process is finished.

-Magnus

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Great news!

On Wednesday, Karak Eight Peaks will be cloned into Tor Anroc so get your guilds together and make sure you've decided which server to play on before the cloning process is finished.

-Magnus

cool..i'll be happy to move if it means no q's.

M

Macdory

Nice one ... now to try and guess and/or second guess what the other guilds will do ..

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Now all we need to do is move all the Bright Wizards to the new cloned server :D

Dredge

Fledgling Freddie
Now all we need to do is move all the Bright Wizards to the new cloned server :D

I love taking down bright wizards on my sorc, which is odd because they should be able to nuke me as hard as I nuke them. for some reason they just fear death more than me :D

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

i`ve known iorlas far a LONG time in daoc and i have always tought of him as a very calm and relaxed person. i don`t know you, i think. there are issues with queues and 8 peaks doesn`t seem to be the best place to have your main at the moment due to all queueing. i`ve never before seen him upset. relax.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
i`ve known iorlas far a LONG time in daoc and i have always tought of him as a very calm and relaxed person. i don`t know you, i think. there are issues with queues and 8 peaks doesn`t seem to be the best place to have your main at the moment due to all queueing. i`ve never before seen him upset. relax.

It doesnt concern me in the least who you know, because that has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

I agree that 8 peaks has problems with population and as a couple of guys pointed out azrak (sp?) and hirn as well. When I logon, queues at those servers are around 200, which I consider not too much of a deal. 8 peaks has big queues all day long, I never doubted that BTW. What I dont agree on, is to blame GOA, because I dont think they can do anything. Maybe I am wrong and the server cloning will have a different outcome than Mythics attempt. We will see.

I dont quite understand why you advise me to relax, when you obviously consider the other guy upset. I am very calm as flames on an internet forum usually tell more about the person flaming than the one on the receiving end, but draw your own conclusions after reading all posts made in chronological order.

It seems both me and the other guy have our oppinions about each other and thats fine by me. Thats why I tried to bring the thread back to topic and ask everyone for solutions.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
last night there was a 500 person queue on azgal, eight peaks, hirn for destruction - eight peaks also had a 300 person queue for order.

Cloning alone won't solve the problem - it needs the guilds in the community to decide to move servers before anything will change - GOA can't force that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom