GOA try to get around me!!!

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
Yes. Any time that your character or controlled pet performs an action that requires you to push a button you must be at your keyboard and push the button to do it. 'Hardware macros' (keys jammed down, lego robots etc) are just as illegal as software macros such as autocraft programs, recordable mouse click applications etc.
We have a variety of ways to determine that unattended macroing is going on and believe me it is very obvious in our logs.

Im sorry requiel but i cant possibly believe you guys at GOA can get 100% precise on this things, daoc client or server logs cant determine if its software or hardware input and the PM Afk test is bad excuse. If Xalin pms me about something like that i aint responding, if its you or Zenythe sure, and taken in consideration im in a bad humour towards GOA for suspending me for 7 days for 4 spam emote its surprising i would talk to any of you. In fact you say the Key lock/jam its illegal if user not in front of pc...how can you know that ( i know you aint answering) but as far as i know i could be pressing fop button with thinger for 1 hour or jaming it, you wouldnt know, all you would get is that user X pressed for ex. 3333333333333333333 for 1 hour.

Another example of the lack of control you GMs have on things is the imense bugs that still exist in game ( i aint telling you witch ) and still havent been resolved and yes i know mythic must approve patch but some of these bugs exist over a year.

You say you have control on these things...are you sure? you really thing ALL the lgms on this game spent hours in front of pc crafting?? Be rested i dont use it in fact the max crafting i have on all 16 chars is 350ish

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
necromania said:
only like 1 time out of the 15 times or so, that i reportet ppl for either bug abuse, harassment etc, have ppl actually got an mail from goa..

How the hell would you know? You don't check their email I'm sure.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
Im sorry requiel but i cant possibly believe you guys at GOA can get 100% precise on this things, daoc client or server logs cant determine if its software or hardware input and the PM Afk test is bad excuse. If Xalin pms me about something like that i aint responding, if its you or Zenythe sure, and taken in consideration im in a bad humour towards GOA for suspending me for 7 days for 4 spam emote its surprising i would talk to any of you. In fact you say the Key lock/jam its illegal if user not in front of pc...how can you know that ( i know you aint answering) but as far as i know i could be pressing fop button with thinger for 1 hour or jaming it, you wouldnt know, all you would get is that user X pressed for ex. 3333333333333333333 for 1 hour.

Another example of the lack of control you GMs have on things is the imense bugs that still exist in game ( i aint telling you witch ) and still havent been resolved and yes i know mythic must approve patch but some of these bugs exist over a year.

You say you have control on these things...are you sure? you really thing ALL the lgms on this game spent hours in front of pc crafting?? Be rested i dont use it in fact the max crafting i have on all 16 chars is 350ish

If someone crafting by hand presses the craft button 100 times at exactly, say, 16.2 seconds between presses without a single error, I'd be very surprised.

I guess a human would be more like 16.2s 16.1s 16.3s 17.3s 15.9s etc...

...not 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s.

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
If someone crafting by hand presses the craft button 100 times at exactly, say, 16.2 seconds between presses without a single error, I'd be very surprised.

still thats not really a valid proof, i know a few people that havent got busted on this at all. Maybe the UI they got have the timer on how long it takes etc and they press exactly each time with a diff of 0.09 sec..

not saying some does but still..

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:

there is programs around on the web, where you can set a number between, lets say 5-10 sec.

then it would randomly do 5.2 6.3 8.3 5,1 6.4 8.9 9.6 etc.

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
How the hell would you know? You don't check their email I'm sure.

NO i dont check their mail eggy, but i do know the /who button. and when i can see the ppl i report online each day 1-2 weeks after, it seems like they havent been touched, and alot of them i even pm'ed from a randomly made char asking " havent you got any mail from goa regarding *'*******), ye maybe some of them was liar's. but i doubt it!

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:

Different macros eggy...

lets say i do 10 macros and each macros with lets say 10 different timers and then duplicate them and randomly order them...how would you know?
And what about Key jam?
And what about the several LGMs that used it and didnt get caught?
Like i said its not 100% accurate

Petran

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel said:
Yes. Any time that your character or controlled pet performs an action that requires you to push a button you must be at your keyboard and push the button to do it. 'Hardware macros' (keys jammed down, lego robots etc) are just as illegal as software macros such as autocraft programs, recordable mouse click applications etc.
We have a variety of ways to determine that unattended macroing is going on and believe me it is very obvious in our logs.
usualy when i am crafting i am watching tv and when i hear the tone i just press the button to redo a piece till i hear the nice music of a MP.I am not looking the screen.I am working with ear.I am asking if it is illegal.

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
I spaming text/i dont see it, i dont want to reply...what happens next? am i afk?

my guess would be they would try to investigate it a bit more, look at some log's if u hit a button every xx sec then they would prolly give a warning/ban, and if u see it and don't reply then u are plain stupid

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:

For example,

Whats the chances of someone crafting the same item 300 times in a row every 4.189 seconds ;D ?

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
-Freezingwiz- said:
my guess would be they would try to investigate it a bit more, look at some log's if u hit a button every xx sec then they would prolly give a warning/ban, and if u see it and don't reply then u are plain stupid

So im stupid and your smart? right....:twak:

If i choose not to answer its my decision, i could have choosed not to reply to your stupid post but i did...was a choice i made.

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Infanity said:
For example,

Whats the chances of someone crafting the same item 300 times in a row every 4.189 seconds ;D ?

We passed that phase matey we are talking about macros with different timers.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
necromania said:
there is programs around on the web, where you can set a number between, lets say 5-10 sec.

then it would randomly do 5.2 6.3 8.3 5,1 6.4 8.9 9.6 etc.

ive said this a number of times on theys forums, computers CANNOT be random, there is an algarithem, that they follow, so its still trackable

Petran said:
usualy when i am crafting i am watching tv and when i hear the tone i just press the button to redo a piece till i hear the nice music of a MP.I am not looking the screen.I am working with ear.I am asking if it is illegal.

lol, bet your get a subspention for that>.<

----------------------------

personally i cant see the harm in having a macro doing the crafting for you, aslong as you are there to sell stuff and buy new materials. often when crafting, i think about ways to make this possible, but have yet found a way, as its hard to relax when sat at the computer pressing X every so often, so i get my brother to do it, or because im one of the lucky ones, i take my keyboard/mouse to my bed and press it from there. i knew of the egsistance of auto-crafting hacks, but i alsways asummed they bought the materials/sold stuff without you being there.

i guess goa should make crafting more relaxing, like the wow system of crafting, then they could focus on more deadly hack's ie radar, much like the police system in the UK atm...

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
ive said this a number of times on theys forums, computers CANNOT be random, there is an algarithem, that they follow, so its still trackable

personally i cant see the harm in having a macro doing the crafting for you, aslong as you are there to sell stuff and buy new materials. often when crafting, i think about ways to make this possible, but have yet found a way, as its hard to relax when sat at the computer pressing X every so often, so i get my brother to do it, or because im one of the lucky ones, i take my keyboard/mouse to my bed and press it from there. i knew of the egsistance of auto-crafting hacks, but i alsways asummed they bought the materials/sold stuff without you being there.

i guess goa should make crafting more relaxing, like the wow system of crafting, then they could focus on more deadly hack's ie radar, much like the police system in the UK atm...

Sorry mate but you dont know what you are talking about. C.G.A ( Computer Generated Algorithms) Are as random as Lotto numbers or Bingo

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
Sorry mate but you dont know what you are talking about. C.G.A ( Computer Generated Algorithms) Are as random as Lotto numbers or Bingo

provide me with one then:p

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
provide me with one then:p

You are talking if you have knowledge of the algorithm used to create the numbers and its internal state, wich in this case you dont and it can be multiple and random. you can vary this algorithm inumerous things hell you can even use the inumerous decimal numbers of PI :) even if you manage that you can vary same calc for random with 2,3,10 algorithms with multiply/divide/add/sum etc :D

just google it :) you should find some homemade random progs on 1rst webbies

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
You are talking if you have knowledge of the algorithm used to create the numbers and its internal state, wich in this case you dont and it can be multiple and random. you can vary this algorithm inumerous things hell you can even use the inumerous decimal numbers of PI :) even if you manage that you can vary same calc for random with 2,3,10 algorithms with multiply/divide/add/sum etc :D

ok... but your saying that a computer HAS a brain and can randomly generate numbers out of nothing, they cannot as yet, the definision of random 'is to set out without a plan', computers cannot do anything you dont tell it to, soooo... give it a rule to follow, and it will give it a rule to follow to change a rule and it will... they will eventually loop, unless you assist it, then its not a rule...

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
just google it :) you should find some homemade random progs on 1rst webbies

lol, funny story... i googled cga, got aload of crap, then tryed Computer Generated Algorithms, still nothing, due to the 's not being included will try again, but its still not random, the idea is ilogical

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
ok... but your saying that a computer HAS a brain and can randomly generate numbers out of nothing, they cannot as yet, the definision of random 'is to set out without a plan', computers cannot do anything you dont tell it to, soooo... give it a rule to follow, and it will give it a rule to follow to change a rule and it will... they will eventually loop, unless you assist it, then its not a rule...

No mate there isnt any Fixed rule for computer to follow just severl Incognit variables with difernt mathematical operations that are also randomly generated.
No im not gonna tell you one. Just google it and read the pages that talked about it...thats what i did :D

Lets say atm my computer from 1 to 100 multiplys with the current memory i have left then divides with the hdd space used plus the number of times i pressed a keyboard key... how do you calc that....you cant, cause like i said you dont the internal algorithm used to make the random number.
No need to say that 3 sec after all these values have changed for more or less and therefore not knowing how or to what values they changed you cant guess number.
There just isnt any fixed value or mathematical operation CPU uses to make it

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
lol, funny story... i googled cga, got aload of crap, then tryed Computer Generated Algorithms, still nothing, due to the 's not being included will try again, but its still not random, the idea is ilogical

you are using random Google :D :D

From Hotbits page:

"People working with computers often sloppily talk about their system's "random number generator" and the "random numbers" it produces. But numbers calculated by a computer through a deterministic process, cannot, by definition, be random. Given knowledge of the algorithm used to create the numbers and its internal state, you can predict all the numbers returned by subsequent calls to the algorithm, whereas with genuinely random numbers, knowledge of one number or an arbitrarily long sequence of numbers is of no use whatsoever in predicting the next number to be generated.

Computer-generated "random" numbers are more properly referred to as pseudorandom numbers, and pseudorandom sequences of such numbers. A variety of clever algorithms have been developed which generate sequences of numbers which pass every statistical test used to distinguish random sequences from those containing some pattern or internal order. A test program is available at this site which applies such tests to sequences of bytes and reports how random they appear to be, and if you run this program on data generated by a high-quality pseudorandom sequence generator, you'll find it generates data that are indistinguishable from a sequence of bytes chosen at random. Indistinguishable, but not genuinely random.

HotBits is an Internet resource that brings genuine random numbers, generated by a process fundamentally governed by the inherent uncertainty in the quantum mechanical laws of nature, directly to your computer in a variety of forms"

or:

Random numbers are used for computer games but they are also used on a more serious scale for the generation of cryptographic keys and for some classes of scientific experiments. For scientific experiments, it is convenient that a series of random numbers can be replayed for use in several experiments, and pseudo-random numbers are well suited for this purpose. For cryptographic use, however, it is important that the numbers used to generate keys are not just seemingly random; they must be truly unpredictable.

oh right and you would need a Supercomputer to calc that ;D

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
just... uhm... arent you gys of topic? hæhæ just me that phinks that this has nothing with the topic at all to do, other than keypresser etc

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
you are using random Google :D :D

From Hotbits page:

"People working with computers often sloppily talk about their system's "random number generator" and the "random numbers" it produces. But numbers calculated by a computer through a deterministic process, cannot, by definition, be random. Given knowledge of the algorithm used to create the numbers and its internal state, you can predict all the numbers returned by subsequent calls to the algorithm, whereas with genuinely random numbers, knowledge of one number or an arbitrarily long sequence of numbers is of no use whatsoever in predicting the next number to be generated.

Computer-generated "random" numbers are more properly referred to as pseudorandom numbers, and pseudorandom sequences of such numbers. A variety of clever algorithms have been developed which generate sequences of numbers which pass every statistical test used to distinguish random sequences from those containing some pattern or internal order. A test program is available at this site which applies such tests to sequences of bytes and reports how random they appear to be, and if you run this program on data generated by a high-quality pseudorandom sequence generator, you'll find it generates data that are indistinguishable from a sequence of bytes chosen at random. Indistinguishable, but not genuinely random.

HotBits is an Internet resource that brings genuine random numbers, generated by a process fundamentally governed by the inherent uncertainty in the quantum mechanical laws of nature, directly to your computer in a variety of forms"

or:

Random numbers are used for computer games but they are also used on a more serious scale for the generation of cryptographic keys and for some classes of scientific experiments. For scientific experiments, it is convenient that a series of random numbers can be replayed for use in several experiments, and pseudo-random numbers are well suited for this purpose. For cryptographic use, however, it is important that the numbers used to generate keys are not just seemingly random; they must be truly unpredictable.

oh right and you would need a Supercomputer to calc that ;D

thats not telling me its random, it tells me, computers by definision are not random, then it tryed to convince me otherwize, but doesn't egsactly expane the process

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
just... uhm... arent you gys of topic? hæhæ just me that phinks that this has nothing with the topic at all to do, other than keypresser etc

yes but its the only way i can try and get it closed/to stop flaming goa

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Sharaft said:
o.. lol.. its a good way to get it done tbh! :)

i know im right, i can see how people think its random, i would normally shut up, in this situation, but if i did, i would be bored lvling my cabby + idiots would flame

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
i know im right, i can see how people think its random, i would normally shut up, in this situation, but if i did, i would be bored lvling my cabby + idiots would flame

Lol :p

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:

hahahaha!!! +rep to ya for + idiots would flame :p

elbeek

Part of the furniture
necromania said:
in my 2½ year of Daoc, ive only experienced very few good incidents with the customer service. other times its either decent or bad service, and believe me, im not the only one here!

Having played for over 4 years, anytime I have had to contact a GM ingame or via right now the service has been fine.

If I was a GM I would have freggy-p on perma ignore, twat in game and here imo.

Misleath

Fledgling Freddie
They can be random if the algorithm got a random input value.

For example take the radiation level in a room or the noice level in a crowded room as input and you have "random"

necromania

Can't get enough of FH
elbeek said:

If I was a GM I would have freggy-p on perma ignore, twat in game and here imo.

if i were a gm, i would perma banned you from all over the internet, for being a smart ass here, and being a twat ingame..

will you ever come up with new stuff then calling me " twat" ? getting kinda dull, and it will impress me if you THINK i actually takes " twat" as an insult :>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom