GOA try to get around me!!!

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Esselinithia said:
Most fishes doesn't have intelligence to run away, Mythic did put a lot of effort in making these monsters different, if you see from this perspective, this isn't a bug, but a game feature, so if you attack them and let your clerics stay out of water, that isn't a bug abuse. The encouter is hard enough already (even with this), and it is probably measured into its difficulty. If not, Mythic can change things.

But GOA can point to another rule: You can't put any extra work on their shoulder, unless they find it reasonable. Checking with Mythic about each and every mob, if it gets buged fixing it to make such tactics working well, providing assistance, etc is "unreasonable amount of work" so unless Mythic makes it clear the encounter runs that way, and fixes related bugs, it can be illegal on GOA servers.

On Mythic? if you help them to duplicate and fix a bug you get rewarded... So risking problems in bugous encounters while using a designed feature, isn't unreasonable work for them, but helps them with improving the game, etc. You see the difference?

LoL and ...wait more LOL and lololol

1rst of all they dont have much work to do since they suspending accounts for 4 spam emotes.
2nd of all Please Mythic do change things
3rd I dont get rewarded
4th, its a fish that cant come out of water....what other perspective is there?
5th its Mythic that patches game not GOA, and if they would do a nice work these "abuses" wouldnt exist

yes goa can invent any rule they want even if its to force players to play with one hand and closed eyes but the fact is that instead of repairing CM!! they are concerned with spams and fishes out of water ( kinda sounds ridiculous said like this )

You more then some ppl should know most games ( at least those i played so far (4) ) dont care about fishes out of water and LoS use and STT but they care about real problems like help the players with a situation happening now NOT 24-48 hours after it happened and REAL bugs like CM

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
LoL and ...wait more LOL and lololol

1rst of all they dont have much work to do since they suspending accounts for 4 spam emotes.
3rd I dont get rewarded
5th its Mythic that patches game not GOA, and if they would do a nice work these "abuses" wouldnt exist

yes goa can invent any rule they want even if its to force players to play with one hand and closed eyes but the fact is that instead of repairing CM!! they are concerned with spams and fishes out of water ( kinda sounds ridiculous said like this )

You more then some ppl should know most games ( at least those i played so far (4) ) dont care about fishes out of water and LoS use and STT but they care about real problems like help the players with a situation happening now NOT 24-48 hours after it happened and REAL bugs like CM

lol

i just want to add before anyone gets confuced
mythic are the game designers
and goa host the servers
(correct me if im wrong, but i feel this need to be established before we go into further detail)

and finally afaik the cm's are currently working, the other day, last week i think, i was browsing neibours cm's all listings apeard... even at the bottom of the last page

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
lol

i just want to add before anyone gets confuced
mythic are the game designers
and goa host the servers
(correct me if im wrong, but i feel this need to be established before we go into further detail)

and finally afaik the cm's are currently working, the other day, last week i think, i was browsing neibours cm's all listings apeard... even at the bottom of the last page

CMs are not working yet especially on excal houseing. you go to Entrance NPC to search for items and when you find some items and buy with the 20% extra and you open destination CM you see items are not there

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
3rd I dont get rewarded

1st: It is up to GOA, and yes they ban for a lot of thing
2nd: No comment.
3rd: No? Then read camelot reporter a bit more often, and see how they reward people for reported bugs. Not players on GOA servers, but players on Mythic servers, who post about bugs.
4th: No fishes in the game, add "evade mode" to the game (if the monsters can't attack the agro holder, they can become "immune" to most damage, or just get too good defenses), no loot / xp from such tricky kills, etc.
5th: Imho the FACT they coded fishes, birds, etc. differently is NICE work, and some small bugs do exist in most software. Btw. Leviathan spawning fish out of water happened, just a day before the famous big prydwen crash,

And GOA is using a modified version of the game. Barrels is one of the stronger modifications, but there are quite a few other changes...

Illtar

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Yes. Any time that your character or controlled pet performs an action that requires you to push a button you must be at your keyboard and push the button to do it. 'Hardware macros' (keys jammed down, lego robots etc) are just as illegal as software macros such as autocraft programs, recordable mouse click applications etc.
We have a variety of ways to determine that unattended macroing is going on and believe me it is very obvious in our logs.

would sticking a coin in your keyboard (to keep a red minstrel pet charmed) get you banned if we lets say go to the toilet?

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
eggy said:
If someone crafting by hand presses the craft button 100 times at exactly, say, 16.2 seconds between presses without a single error, I'd be very surprised.

I guess a human would be more like 16.2s 16.1s 16.3s 17.3s 15.9s etc...

...not 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s 16.2s.
Agreed, most people would have a variance of at least a second even if they were paying close attention while crafting - if youre like me and press craft once then afk for 1-2 mins while the high level item makes itself, then come back and press the button again, then wander off again etc it'd vary by up to 30 seconds a time - of course you could argue that a smart person would vary the autocraft time but this is probably a bit much for joe-autocraft-program-downloader.

Fail to see how the logs would show it aside from time inbetween crafts - any other kind of craft logging would require a level of detail that would gulp log space rapidly...

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Illtar said:
would sticking a coin in your keyboard (to keep a red minstrel pet charmed) get you banned if we lets say go to the toilet?
I always brace the charm button if I need a quick afk while holding a max-level pet, otherwise i tend to come back and find myself and the bot dead. If its any consolation I dont afk with it in a spawn farming mobs or anything - just its a shitload easier than releasing it and running 10 mins to get another just 'cause you needed a poo! ;)

Hmm maybe i should build something out of mechano with a complex motor and timer system? Sounds too much like effort...

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Illtar said:

Is it making your character perform actions while you are not at the keyboard : YES

sounds clear cut to me.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Illtar said:

It's unlikely they'd find out, so no you wouldn't get banned! :p

jiqnox

Fledgling Freddie
I must say that this discussion is kinda fun to read i do think that goa in some ways are doing a real ok job and in some ways not.

I got my chars restored ok when crash happened and they even restored some off my more expensive vault stuff so that was really nice to accually care about that .

But also i have had 1 real bad experience to, that was when my bb acc got banned for 3rd party program use and i didnt get any precise reason why,and the only reason i got was that i had used a 3rd party program i dont have any crafters higher then thid stuff casue im lazy :p, and when that occured i accually thought ok a honest mistake from their part that can happen.

But what made me upset was that when i asked if anything else but a 3rd party program designed to cheat or macro could trigger the ban (cause i didnt want to get my bb acc banned again ) they said no u DID use it.

I do understand that people allways say i didnt do it but some accually didnt all i wanted was just to see to it that it didnt happen again so that was kind of irritating.

Collateral

Fledgling Freddie
i haven´t understand the original post tbh.
i think i read sth about crafting programms...well, your own fault tbh.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
from the extent of your knowledge sounds to me like you know a hell of a lot about these programs add that to GoA having evidence tells me that you were cheating.

shame.

bye.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
Illtar said:

thing is you have mentioned it in apublic forum so all it would take is a PM from a GM and youra gonna.....not too smart :p

suppose it depends on themood of the GM at the time.

may sound narky but ive had not interent at home for the week and getting withdrawl symptoms....need a daoc fix real quick :touch: :england:

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
Ow ow... I also read the first post and the last page and commented regarding what I browsed through there :twak:

Imo feel free to browse more... go back a few pages and read the Essel, Kinetix & psycho ongoing discussion (don;t do this if just woken up though). It's actually a good read there :)

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Sollac said:
thing is you have mentioned it in apublic forum so all it would take is a PM from a GM and youra gonna.....not too smart :p

suppose it depends on themood of the GM at the time.

may sound narky but ive had not interent at home for the week and getting withdrawl symptoms....need a daoc fix real quick :touch: :england:

mate read then think AFTER you done the thinking part reply. he didnt say he did it he said... "If i stick a coin in keyb.....?" that was a question he never said he did it

Can i get arrested for stealing a car? <now this is the part you go call the police about a car hijacker with the nickname of kinetix>

Kinetix

Can't get enough of FH
Esselinithia said:
1st: It is up to GOA, and yes they ban for a lot of thing
2nd: No comment.
3rd: No? Then read camelot reporter a bit more often, and see how they reward people for reported bugs. Not players on GOA servers, but players on Mythic servers, who post about bugs.
4th: No fishes in the game, add "evade mode" to the game (if the monsters can't attack the agro holder, they can become "immune" to most damage, or just get too good defenses), no loot / xp from such tricky kills, etc.
5th: Imho the FACT they coded fishes, birds, etc. differently is NICE work, and some small bugs do exist in most software. Btw. Leviathan spawning fish out of water happened, just a day before the famous big prydwen crash,

And GOA is using a modified version of the game. Barrels is one of the stronger modifications, but there are quite a few other changes...

Obviously you dont know what you talking about mate.

Mythic MAKES the patches, GOA are responsable for server and JUST with Mythics permission they install patches.

Yes if i say ive found a bug they will pbbly ban me for using it as a reward :D

As for the fish well then seems your smarter then Mythic coders since they didnt add that. And still it dosent make any sense a fish gets imune just cause he cant attack the origin of the aggro, i can already imagine the fishermans attacking moby dick and a message saying target is imune cause he cant aggro you out of water :) Games are more and more realistic and a fish even of that size when on low life would run...i mean swim away :)

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix: Maybe you haven't seen:
  • GOA Quests
  • GOA specific objects (drops from certain events, barrels, etc)
  • GOA specific NPCs and monsters
  • GOA specific string resources (in game text)
Maybe you also never heard when you ask about patches, and why english patch can't come in time, they explaining the difference.
Maybe you never seen their linked tools (like herald, xml)

GOA runs a modified version of the game, and on a different server architecture.

Maybe you haven't compared the game with others: Where they think avoiding agro by using terrain is abuse, such immunity is common, see: World of Warcraft.

Maybe you still doesn't understand: If Mythic made different kinds of pathing rules, they made them as a feature, they haven't appeared as bug, so using them shouldn't be treated as Bug abuse, if the feature is working as intented. YET, GOA uses their policy which is different from Mythic policy.

You would say: if Mythic makes bulk of the patches, why would GOA give rewards for finding bugs? Because when they report the bug to Mythic, and the bug will be fixed, it will be fixed on their servers too and it gives them an advantage when selling the game. Yet, their approach and policy is different.

And there are other differences as well...

Maybe you should look around in the game before posting.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Kinetix said:
mate read then think AFTER you done the thinking part reply. he didnt say he did it he said... "If i stick a coin in keyb.....?" that was a question he never said he did it

You show surprising amount of insight again: First if you post here, that you did cheat, they can't be sure you are kinetix on prydwen so they can't ban you. Even if you offer your character on ebay, and I report it, they can't be sure it wasn't me, who put it up for sale to get you banned. This is why they can ban only for events they managed to log in game... Right?

But if you ask some bad question, say the wrong thing, etc. they might decide to check if you do something bad. And if you do, it is a bad thing for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom