Goa Strike back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Infanity said:
Nice to see a GM response, Shame its pointless. Doing /bang /bow 7 times is hardly "HARRASING" someone.
Correct. Which is why it wasn't the reason for your ban.

From the report you quote in your sig.
RightNow said:
Date: 11-03-2006

From your reply to Evzy asking how many times you emoted (emphasis mine).
Infanity said:
Me and drmezz last night doing /bang /bow together

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I am willing to put money there was more than 7 tbh....

Remember a post like this not long ago someone got banned claiming they had only emoted a couple of times - turned out to be something like 70 or something daft..

Ah well.. no sympathy here - do the crime - do the time (regardless of if you think it isnt a crime - you sign up , you agree to the rules, you break the rules, you get punished...end of..)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
kiliarien said:
Never like to see people banned, but as things go dude - deserved I'm afraid. Such a shame. I don't know if there is a number limit on emotes but 7 does seem rather a lot if you need to get your point across.

You've killed someone, you've done it once - they will have got the point. :clap:

Would of been 7, Don't count emotes when doing them more look at the graphics, Was quite funny aswell concidering the chat going on around, Tough tittys now nothing i can do :p Just let the "Adults" of FH come and say there shizzle, Will reply with the normal loving manner :]

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
Spamming anything continuously and thereby disrupting people around you is punishable whether it's /rude, /hug, /y, /s or whatever.

I saw Graendel spam Spreadheal please ban!

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
Someone get teh Sherlock his Deerstalker imo !! lol well spotted!!

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
evzy said:
I am willing to put money there was more than 7 tbh....

..)

If i thought it was more than 7 i would say :p Would not have the time to press shift+up 70 times, 7 sounds about right as i do emotes a fair bit :p

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:

From the report you quote in your sig.

From your reply to Evzy asking how many times you emoted (emphasis mine).

Thats my fault by saying last night anyway, Its more of a lazy slang or just not being fucked to check how many nights ago.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:
Which means ... ?

Euro servers are run by GoA who say :- ""Flooding" (the rapid systematic repetition of one phrase, which interferes with communication between users) is forbidden"

you clicked ACCEPT .. you spammed... someone reported you... you got banned, shame you didnt learn from the first ban.

Simple rules like this are much better enforced by computers than by a person. If GoA want to disallow "flooding" GoA should ask Mythic to implement a technical block for it. Something alot of other channel based / text systems does well. Take IRC forinstance.

Mind you, I really hate people continuily spamming emotes in a crowd interrupting conversations. So, that would be a very welcome improvement.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
I'll explain this again.
No-one gets banned for using emotes. What people get punished for is flooding, which as Tears has correctly pointed out is specifically prohibited by our CoC (and incidentally by Mythic's CoC as well).
Spamming anything continuously and thereby disrupting people around you is punishable whether it's /rude, /hug, /y, /s or whatever.
How many times do you have to emote for it to become flooding then, 7 as you pointed ut are apprently not, so how many times?

Ridiculous and pathetic that you can get banned for spamming an emote imo. How about making it impossible to emote spam instead of banning your players. Like you can only use an emote every 5 seconds or something other clever. It's lame of a company to ban everyone and his dog instead of lifting their asses and do something about it.

I honestly think that ppl who get offended by emotes in a computer game should be banned rather than the ones who are playing around with built in commands.

....and not I've never been banned for emote spamming.

We should all /hug spam ourselves and send it in to rightnow for ban in protest! :>

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I would agree they should change it so you can't spam emotes tbh - remember when the new /bind gfx came in and at sauv telepad it looked like Iraq at midnight when the yanks are coming for their hols - whole place lit up like a xmas tree with everyone flooding /bind - so they stepped in and put a 1min timer on it - surely wouldnt be hard to do that for /emotes as well..

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like Infanity is flooding his own thread too..

You know there's no postcount here right?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
I don't thnk you read the text that you quoted very carefully Zebolt. As I have said. It's not the fact that you're using an emote that will get you punished it's the fact that you're disrupting people around you by flooding commmunication channels. Regardless of what it is that you're spamming, it's not allowed to flood and every time that you log into the game you accept that it's against the rules and that we can take action against you for breaking that rule.

Putting a 5 second delay on emotes would not prevent people from flooding unless there was a 5 second delay on all commands and chat modes. Would you want to have an enforced delay on everything you typed in the chat window just because a small minority of people think it's funny to flood? Rather than wasting resources on coding a solution to the problem and thereby making life more difficult for the vast majority of mature and reasonable players, it's better to make it clear that this behaviour is prohibited and take action against the few players that abuse it.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Putting a 5 second delay on emotes would not prevent people from flooding unless there was a 5 second delay on all commands and chat modes. Would you want to have an enforced delay on everything you typed in the chat window just because a small minority of people think it's funny to flood? Rather than wasting resources on coding a solution to the problem and thereby making life more difficult for the vast majority of mature and reasonable players, it's better to make it clear that this behaviour is prohibited and take action against the few players that abuse it.
There are more intelligent ways to detect flooding than a simple 5 second delay. I am sure it's possible to find resources for it.

Whetever it's more cost effecient to have support personel as yourself police a rule for the duration of the product's lifetime or have a developer create a permanent fix is only something we can guess at. I would thus guess the only reliable source for suchs estimates would be Mythic.

Have you asked them the question?

Tubbs

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
Thanks GOA, For yet another shit ban on my account, I can HONESTLY see how someone must find it upsetting and harrasing to recieve emotes in a game :<

Maybe it was a barcode error ;)

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Infanity said:
Nice to see a GM response, Shame its pointless. Doing /bang /bow 7 times is hardly "HARRASING" someone.

lol its not pointless, you broke the rules of the games... twice... ohh no wait 3 times... and you got banned

Deal with it, although your posts here are quite ammusing... continue :)

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
I don't thnk you read the text that you quoted very carefully Zebolt. As I have said. It's not the fact that you're using an emote that will get you punished it's the fact that you're disrupting people around you by flooding commmunication channels. Regardless of what it is that you're spamming, it's not allowed to flood and every time that you log into the game you accept that it's against the rules and that we can take action against you for breaking that rule.
You missed my point, I think ppl who are getting annoyed over ppl who flood and those ppl who actually decided to ban for it are being rediculous. Especially since you can just remove the thing they are flooding in (ie you can remove emotes from your communication channel). If you don't wanna see it remove it and let those who don't think it's the end of the world that someone spam emotes see it.

My point was: ppl are silly and wimpy.

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
I'll explain this again.
No-one gets banned for using emotes. What people get punished for is flooding, which as Tears has correctly pointed out is specifically prohibited by our CoC (and incidentally by Mythic's CoC as well).
how many times do you have to "spam" something, for it to be considered flooding? :)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Lomme said:
how many times do you have to "spam" something, for it to be considered flooding? :)

Enough times to make france need sand bags outside there houses :(

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
zomg jamie come play us where they dont stupid laws u faggit!

Narzeja

Loyal Freddie
Lomme said:
Until someone reports it :p

anyway, lesson learned: Dont do emotes, emotes are bad, mmkay! :D

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
You missed my point, I think ppl who are getting annoyed over ppl who flood and those ppl who actually decided to ban for it are being rediculous. Especially since you can just remove the thing they are flooding in (ie you can remove emotes from your communication channel). If you don't wanna see it remove it and let those who don't think it's the end of the world that someone spam emotes see it.

My point was: ppl are silly and wimpy.

Of course they can. But why should I change my channel settings if someone else is being an ass? Getting a ban might teach him manners.

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
Of course they can. But why should I change my channel settings if someone else is being an ass? Getting a ban might teach him manners.

Banned 2-3 times so far, Don't really think when i do it as im pissing about :D

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Hmmm just thinking - the ban - dont suppose they suspend your account so when banned you are not actually paying for being banned?

If so might have to go on a /emote carnage session for whilst I am on me hols :)

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
evzy said:
Hmmm just thinking - the ban - dont suppose they suspend your account so when banned you are not actually paying for being banned?

If so might have to go on a /emote carnage session for whilst I am on me hols :)

Doubt it, Goa like the cash more than there customers, They will wait for you to pay then ban you

Gamah

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
Ahhh the time you spend following my posting flatters me, but its also getting a little creepy, ive said for the last time I dont love you and will never have feelings like you do for me.

Yah I am drawn to stupidity for my own amusement and you are a fountain of it. You have to be the most retarded E&E ever, you have no concept of any classes outside of midgard and have proven time and time again you are not fit to be an E&E.

Dorimor1

Banned
Gamah said:
you have no concept of any classes outside of midgard

That is why he is the Midgard E&E, there are E&Es for every realm so if you are a Midgard E&E you don't need to know anything about the other realms :)

Gamah

Banned
Why do people keep calling for there to be flood protection on emotes. Mythic say emote spam is OK..GOA are following some idiotic agenda which means emote spaming is not ok because little boys cry irl when it happens to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom