GOA Schedule (from the OS)

Stoney

Fledgling Freddie
Woot... 1.5 days of headstart for me... if it works :p

As some of you might know the open beta will end this weekend, the head start will begin and lead us into the launch on September 18th. This is how the schedule for the coming days looks:

We will close the open beta servers on Saturday afternoon at 15:00 CET. We thank you for the time you spent in the game and for your feedback which helped us to apply the last layer of polish.
If you own a Collector’s Edition Pre-Order you will be able to enter your head start code on Sunday at 1:00am CET. Also, you will be able to register your bonus items at that time. The head start for the owners of a Collector’s Edition Pre-Order will begin on Sunday afternoon.
If you own a Standard Edition Pre-Order you will be able to enter your head start code and your bonus item code on Monday at 9:00am CET. You will be able to log into the game and play as soon as your code has been validated.

Those of you who played the open beta will be able to use the same client for the head start. If you haven’t played WAR yet, make sure to download the client be ready for the game.

To be part of the head start you need an active account on our webpage Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning. If you already have one, make sure that you know your login and password and then all you have to do is wait until you can enter the head start code.

If you don’t have an account yet, now is the time to create a new account. Even if you don’t have a head start code, you will need this account for release on September 18th.

This is going to be an interesting time for all of us. WAR is finally coming and the battles for the Warhammer world will begin.

See you on the battlefield!

sp4nky

Fledgling Freddie
We will close the open beta servers on Saturday afternoon at 15:00 CET. We thank you for the time you spent in the game and for your feedback which helped us to apply the last layer of polish.
If you own a Collector’s Edition Pre-Order you will be able to enter your head start code on Sunday at 1:00am CET. Also, you will be able to register your bonus items at that time. The head start for the owners of a Collector’s Edition Pre-Order will begin on Sunday afternoon.
If you own a Standard Edition Pre-Order you will be able to enter your head start code and your bonus item code on Monday at 9:00am CET. You will be able to log into the game and play as soon as your code has been validated.

Wow So CE only get half a day more then SE....( if they lucky enough to even get in the game then):twak:

Emmy

Fledgling Freddie
Wow So CE only get half a day more then SE....( if they lucky enough to even get in the game then):twak:

Yeah, a bit rubbish really - seeing as it was one of my main reasons for getting the collector's edition and we have to wait until the afternoon of Sunday too. Humbug!

Deadweight89

Fledgling Freddie
I cancelled my pre order of the CE on play but i still have the box with codes etc.

i plan on buying the game from a local store for less so what do i do with my codes?

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
So GOA have learned nothing and are repeating the mistake of having us enter our codes all at once on the day the headstart will begin? Geez.....I know they think that the load wont be anywhere near as much as it was with OB but still, you think they'd give us a few days to put the damn codes in, just incase.

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
I cancelled my pre order of the CE on play but i still have the box with codes etc.

i plan on buying the game from a local store for less so what do i do with my codes?

Key in the CE early access code for headstart on Sunday (foul-ups perrmitting ofc) then when you get your SE box upgrade your account to a full retail one using the key that comes with it.

JohnnyBoy555

Fledgling Freddie
The CE was never about the head start. It was all about the contents of the box and the ingame items in particular.

The head start is useless for most people, as SE buyers will not want to roll on a server with CE buyers.

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
The CE was never about the head start. It was all about the contents of the box and the ingame items in particular.

The head start is useless for most people, as SE buyers will not want to roll on a server with CE buyers.

It was about the HS for me to a certain extent but if I'd known they'd be chucking in a 3 day HS with SE preorders I'd have gone for that.

Still, I got a week's holiday booked for next week (was booked well before the release date was announced) - good timing. I'll be sitting vegetating in front of my PC for the week, living on crisps, toast, diet pop and coffee. :)

JohnnyBoy555

Fledgling Freddie
I'm on holiday from Sunday for a week. by pure luck too. I booked it about five months ago. Talk about lucky.

I'll be using my head start to pass time. Then I'll roll on one of the new servers they open for the SE buyers. I might stand out from the crowd a bit then.

Cybwyn

Fledgling Freddie
I'm hoping to meet up with some DAoC guildmates in game so hopefully they'll let me know which server they're going for before Sunday so I can join the HS without having to re-roll on the 18th. :)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

Actually - the Head Start was my main reason, as the in-game items were rubbish anyway and I do not care for the other content. At that time there was never a mention of other pre-orders getting a head start as well.

Starman

Part of the furniture
In the long run a 3 day headstart is not going to make that much difference.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Actually when the CE became available for purchase no-one knew that the SE would also give the early access and many bought the CE for just this reason.

Out of curiosity, why do you think SE buyers won't want to roll on servers CE buyers roll on?

Aada

Part of the furniture
Actually when the CE became available for purchase no-one knew that the SE would also give the early access and many bought the CE for just this reason.

Out of curiosity, why do you think SE buyers won't want to roll on servers CE buyers roll on?

Because nobody likes CE buyers :p

jk lol

amtired

Fledgling Freddie
As one of those SE buyers i dont give a damn if the are CE buyers on my server. There will always be people who play more than i do and reach a higher level faster.

Spyteful

Fledgling Freddie
I'm a bit dubious about their release schedule. The mid-afternoon launch is fixed to co-incide - almost exactly - with the US launch. But the US SE headstart doesn't open until Tuesday?

"Those that pre-ordered the Collector's Edition will be able to start playing on Sunday, September 14. Access for those that pre-ordered the regular edition will follow on Tuesday, September 16.
Unlike the beta that is currently underway, any progression made during the "head start" program will be retained whenthe PC MMO officially launches on September 18, "

I know, I know "identical doesn't mean equal". But tbh - I'll believe it when I see it.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH

bollocks

Not all guildies have bought the CE so they will be getting the SE and they'll want to play on the same server as their guildmates who got the CE.

:twak:

Rambo[DS]

Fledgling Freddie
So GOA have learned nothing and are repeating the mistake of having us enter our codes all at once on the day the headstart will begin? Geez.....I know they think that the load wont be anywhere near as much as it was with OB but still, you think they'd give us a few days to put the damn codes in, just incase.

i second that !

they should let us enter the codes at least three days sooner, i am sure we are going to have the same problem just like open beta which i managed to play almost a day .

Scorba

Fledgling Freddie

Do not use the codes unless you want to risk having to pay for the CE edition. By entering them you may renew your contract to buy.

York

Fledgling Freddie
What a load of bollocks, you will not be renewing your contract to buy because you never had a contract in the first place lol, pre orders are not and never wil be, contracts of sale.

Must admit im worried too, if they are using the same systems they did for open beta we could be waiting for the confirmation email for DAYS.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
bollocks

Not all guildies have bought the CE so they will be getting the SE and they'll want to play on the same server as their guildmates who got the CE.

:twak:

I think it was sarcasm :p

The actual problem is the servers released on sunday for CE players, by next week will have huge queues to logon for most players, there are tons of rants on VN about it as it overall kinda makes the headstart useless.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie
Well the CE was never advertised as the only way to get headstart, and due to the popularity of the game i never thought it would be. Because people felt cheated or misinformed Mythic added the day so the half day everyone is moaning about is actually an unplanned gesture of goodwill, yet everyone is throwing it in their faces. Mythic are putting the SE on Tuesday and its actually GOA that are staying true to the advertising and letting SE have the 3 day headstart they were advertised as having.

As for allowing codes to be put in at midday a few hours before the servers open, yeh thats pretty dumb.

Effex

Fledgling Freddie
looks like I just paid £70 for a freaking mouse mat!... oh and a colouring book. now thats a bargain!

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

you do realize that all the servers that will be available on the 18th will be up and running from the first second of the headstart ?

i don`t see your point.

Grimlar

Fledgling Freddie
Surely you mean midnight?

Enter codes at midday? Surely you mean midnight?

Pretty sure the post said 1am CET which would be midnight tonight (saturday) UK time.

krilly

Fledgling Freddie
It says 1AM CET

If you have CE, that means you can start entering codes tonight (Midnight Saturday in UK)

fredericus

Fledgling Freddie
Waht about the codes I got when i placed an order for the CE, will anything happen if i use them, cause i wont pay 650 danisch kr. when the GOA ekspirience has been this bad. I havent sigende anything saying i will buy the game and i got a mail saying that if i didn´t buy before the 16. the game would be sold to some one else.
But what would happen if i use the HS key??????

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom