Goa Says No Apk Camping

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cstasy

ROFL :)

The 'OmgWtfPwn0rzHacker' has a sence of Humour.

O

old.Gromnir

We got a post from Kemor on prydwen.net

Something along the lines of:

Freindly advice do not use 3rd party programs that alters things in the game.

:p

D

decker

U are pissed. This is "homemade" server. And someone of these dudes who have screenshots just made mobs. plaa plaa ..

K

kalgarn

Originally posted by decker
U are pissed. This is "homemade" server. And someone of these dudes who have screenshots just made mobs. plaa plaa ..
:m00:

S

Sharma

:rolleyes:

D

DocWolfe

:clap:

O

old.Gromnir

Wow aint you the bright guy in the class

:rolleyes:

O

old.Morchaoron

im pretty sure i got killed by cuuldurach the glimmerking or something, and im an alb -.-

edit: wait, my mistake, cuuldurach hit me once and behemoth killed me

think any non prydwen player would ever believe this?

A

ayny

Re: translation

Originally posted by ToKE
but xun**ach ** e.g. or e**a**b*r (formerly o*in ' * e*e) function only and exclusive thereby which exchanges the data daoc with the server by everyone in the network be reconstructed can, because all 1:1 in it-stand in such a way there, like it by the play is used exactly the same with charerstellung and the abilities of the GMs aka /morph /setspeed /*f etc. /teleport (some to know it of "freeshard" the project of daoc). now to assume, which one holds cheats thereby under control by avoiding a found more cheater acc is naive goa and/or rather mythic in it to close these "gaps" (thus its network code of basicup revise again) around larger economical harms to turn away the number would have to be interested on daoc cheats has in the last months rapie increased and not a bit became around cheats ineffectively to make undertaken lasts to it times the large "bang" (aka dupe-wave with d2) gives and thousands the players move away some know possibly by d2. which was as the dupe-wave and the open beta of daoc met? correctly thousand d2ler changed the category of there game. and nobody goa and/or mythic awake-shakes so long and times publicly shows, what everything is possible into this play, somewhat to make undertaken around cheats ineffective also never clearly can one say if nobody cheating does not have one the gaps also to close however that is bullsh*t, because it becomes always someone cheat if it the possibility for it has and the more all the more become "0815" cheats on the "market" urge to begin with the cheat around. it does not go avoiding also therefore more cheater, that should be natural, it is a matter of it the gaps to close cheats aka e**a**b*r CAN goa and/or mythic discover, since they run not times on the same computer as daoc, not times with same operating system (necessarily linux so far I point) as please is goa a program, does not recognize, which does not change data, not on the same computer runs, but is nevertheless einschneident? the program listens to stop only along and extends the indicating ability the data so and so transferred only stop in originally daoc not indicated this things cannot discover and that is it, which makes the thing so delicate.

/cleaned

bye ;P

K

klavrynd

yib, couldve made is ass but that would look a bit strange

B

beck-uk

Latest Mythic grab bag...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q: I heard rumors about DAOC's servers and possible security problems. Is there any truth to this kind of rumor?

A: No.

But let me explain how I can be so definite. (Sorry if this is an overly simplified explanation – remember, I have to print my answers for both the technical and the non-technical people out there.) A game like ours has two kinds of code, client side (the part that happens on your computer at home) and server side (the code on… you guessed it… our servers).

Dark Age of Camelot servers have never been hacked. The tools that allow creation of monsters and other world items on live servers are internal development tools. (Here at Mythic HQ, access to these things means you work here in our office and are closely supervised.) These tools are mainly used for two purposes - on Pendragon during encounter testing, and on live servers by our customer service people who are replacing lost quest items and other such things. There has never been a misuse of these tools on any of our live servers.

Our password server has also not been hacked. Every case of "account hacking" has been people not keeping their passwords secure. If you share your password with others, if you email your password to strangers, and if you say, boot up a third party program and then type your password, your password is not secure. We feel bad for people who get taken advantage of, but we can't restore their accounts or their treasures. So never give out your password, and change it frequently.

There are, as many of you know, some client hacks out there. While they cannot create gold or monsters, or provide you with any actual gameplay skill, they can affect things that your client controls, such as your run speed.

We ban people using these every day. Because we do not want to ban innocent players, our investigation process is painstaking and a little slow. But we get the cheaters eventually. It's unfortunate, but a fact of life – you get a lot of people together, and the odds are good that a very few of them will be… special people… who can't compete without cheating. So, we get copies of all the cheat programs, learn how to find their users, and make frequent and daily use of the ban stick.

But I digress. The short answer is that DAOC servers have not been hacked.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't think GOA can say the same.

I

ImLestat

I've sent a mail to Sanya about that. Ticks me off that they apparently aren't aware of it:
--------------

Hi, a small note you should be aware of regarding this from the latest grab bag:

"Q: I heard rumors about DAOC's servers and possible security problems. Is there any truth to this kind of rumor?

A: No."

While this may be true on the US servers it certainly isn't on the Euro ones. There have been at least two incidents recently where people have been able to "hack" into the servers. The first was on one of the German servers where someone apparently from what I've understood (I'm Swedish, not German) spawned a mob and used it to steal a relic. In the second incident someone spawned lots of epic mobs outside apk in Emain. The first incident Goa has posted about here, although they say that the GM tools weren't used which I can't comment on: http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1261

The second incident is covered in several threads on the English board on Barrysworld, but it STILL hasn't been commented by Goa although it happened the 17th Aug. http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77252 , http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=77178 (Pics in there.) Here's even a movie where the mobs can be seen in the beginning: ftp://213.112.207.103/movies/daoc/others/BooBoo_in_emain.wmv . Spawning several epic mobs like glacier giant, dragons and behemoths does seem like a major breach of security doesn't it?

With regards xxxxxxxxx, Daoc player on Prydwen/Midgard Europe.
------------------------------

I just hope that he/she (what gender is Sanya anyway? :D) doesn't filter out by subject, since I didn't know what to write so I just wrote "Regarding the latest grab bag". :)

B

Blood

From what i have gathered around places, the first exploit on the german server with the griffin skin is possible using a particular exploit program XXxX Xxxxxx, that particular exploit enables you to change skin and appearence of your char, and allows you to teleport around (which is how he could take the relics).

But from what Sanya says the incident on prydwen doesnt seem to be possible without special GM access, as it involved spawning mobs. (which doesnt seem to be possible with the previous mentioned program.. i only read the readme, havent tested it, so i cant know for sure)

(that program is availible on the net, and i've sent kemor links about it)

K

kalgarn

aye,my thoughts too Blood.i know the cheat you're talking about (well saw the read me file posted somewhere anyway) and it seems to be what happend on the german server but what happend on prydwen seems to fit more the tool sanya discribed here:

"The tools that allow creation of monsters and other world items on live servers are internal development tools. (Here at Mythic HQ, access to these things means you work here in our office and are closely supervised.) These tools are mainly used for two purposes - on Pendragon during encounter testing, and on live servers by our customer service people who are replacing lost quest items and other such things. There has never been a misuse of these tools on any of our live servers."

still waiting for an official response from GOA though

D

Danya

Dunno if this is related but I got randomly mezzed (by a midgard AE mez spell) on the pad in sauvage today, along with everyone else there. There wasn't an mez graphic though it just said "You are mezmerized".

K

kalgarn

lol :p
don't worry,it's just our new mezz range.we mezz people before they enter emain now to stop them from zerging ;)

T

The Real Redi

Now, whos for betting the reason everythings down today is something to do with this and the hightened paranoia now creeping around GoA Towers...

K

Kharok Svark

Think this kinda says it all ...

Important notice : Game password being changed.
[2003-26-08]

Hello,

These last days, you have probably noticed unusual things on Dark Age of Camelot :

Shutdown of Rightnow !, our customer service tool.
Shutdown of the subscription system.
Unusual events on the Prydwen server.
Since the 18th of August, Dark Age of Camelot Europe has been the victim of computer crime, like many other well known online services.

GOA's technical team immediately implemented a series of preventive measures, which resulted in the shutdown of our customer service tool, Rightnow !, and of the subscription system.

We have also lodged a complaint with the competent authorities.

As a cautionary measure, we have decided to change your "game" passwords. The game servers should thus be stopped for a maximum of 5 hours. The procedure of sending the mails should take about 24 hours, so do not worry if you do not receive your email right away.

In the days to come we are going to process the change of all "subscription" passwords. Services shutdowns are thus planned in order to finalise the reinforcement of the security measures of our platform.

We will keep you informed during the week of the precise planning for the restart of the different services, and we are doing everything possible to ensure once again an optimal service.

The DAoC Team

F

froler-mid

Unusual events on the Prydwen server.

Since the 18th of August, Dark Age of Camelot Europe has been the victim of computer crime, like many other well known online services.

L

lubbock

Whats weird is that it only happend in Europe, so is it the European security that sucks, since it havnt happend in the States :) <The Plot Thickens>

K

klavrynd

bla bla whine whine, enough allready

GET THE FUKK OUT OF MY THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom