GOA Official Statement (Non GOA Staff)

T

Thorgald

well.. IMO, how hard would it be to add a feature in the client that let you choose in what language u would see the ingame text?? i mean.. that way we could play on the german/frensh servers and acually understand what it was we read (exept for the players not talking english) but i would have no problem in playing on any of the non english servers aslong as i could freaking understand what i was reading in the journal/infoscreen about styles etc....

just my 2 cent...

T

Thorgald

Originally posted by machiavelli-npv

What I'm interested in is whether 2 RvR and 1 PvP is the same as 3-4 RvR servers and the specific differences between those servers.

The fact that people are deleting characters to play 3rd RvR suggests it isn't so I would like to see more details of people who deleted.

no it sure isnt the same as having another rvr server.. the pvp idea was good but DAoC is neither made OR balanced for that type of gameplay...

and well... the main diffrence between the rvr servers and the pvp once is just that theres absolutley nowhere on the pvp server u can go and have a quiet little xp session/farming without risking to get xp killed/chainkilled etc etc, i like the pve bit. im quite fond of the rvr part to. but i do NOT like to be "forced" to pvp (wich i pretty much am on camlann if/when i play there)

well. that pretty much sums up what i feel about it for the moment.. (bet theres alot of other things to but im tired, and i cant think when im tired) :)

N

ning

Originally posted by Thorgald
well.. IMO, how hard would it be to add a feature in the client that let you choose in what language u would see the ingame text?? i mean.. that way we could play on the german/frensh servers and acually understand what it was we read (exept for the players not talking english) but i would have no problem in playing on any of the non english servers aslong as i could freaking understand what i was reading in the journal/infoscreen about styles etc....

just my 2 cent...

Yes it would be the best solution but don't forget that most of the MMORPG are made for US market where there is only 1 language. They are not aware of this "problem" in the USA. Maybe we will get that in a MMORPG made by a european firm.

S

sh33py

Originally posted by [Oo]Escape
Don't forget... english servers are not used by UK residents only.
This says alot about the French and German gaming culture...
UK is pretty far behind the rest of western europe.

Not really, I think a lot of UK players prefer the US servers, I know I did.

A load of english speaking servers to choose from all up to date as apposed to lagging months behind because GOA don't employ enough translators.. so you get the latest expansion packs and patches and you don't have to deal with GOA's constant and neverending stream of cock ups.

Pretty easy choice if your first language is English.

As for the on-topic it's a completely mute point, there's no point adding another server unless there would be enough players to fill it up, there's not so EOD really :)

Prydwen could do with another 500-1000 players as it is without diluting the playerbase further.

I want chars on all 3 realms so make it happen is just needless WAH trolling, if you want it that badly buy a US copy of daoc.

T

Thorgald

Originally posted by sh33py

if you want it that badly buy a US copy of daoc.

well.. tbh i would if i lived anywhere near their timwzones.. but i got no intentions to play on empty servers (due to most of the US is sleeping) just coz i wanna play on 3 realms..

and the topic starter said that the population on the servers was NOT the issue!! the thing he wanted to know was,

IF u had deleted characters to play on the 3;rd realm

What level that character had

How many days /played.

and some info on why the pvp server wasent good enuff as a 3:rd english server....

so constantly flaming us that DO want a 3:rd english server with "not enuff population on the 2 that is" really doesent change anything... we should have the same option to play on all the realms as the german and french players do.. WITHOUT having to take french/german classes to even be able to understand the freaking texts!! and WITHOUT having to buy the US copy of the game (wich in my country would be atleast 3 times higher price as the EU copys)

so before ANY of u starts to flame ppl here u might wanna read the ENTIRE thread to see what the issue is about!! :)

S

sh33py

Originally posted by Thorgald
and the topic starter said that the population on the servers was NOT the issue!!

Sure he said that but it's not true and you can't disconnect the two, if there was a larger English playerbase there would be three servers, there isn't so the only results of opening another server would be detrimental to the scene as a whole.

Just because a few people desperately feel the need to have chars on all 3 realms we should decimate the other two already underpopulated servers and either have 3 low pop servers or 2 lower and 1 really low server.

The only argument I've seen for opening up another server is "WAH I want GOA to spend a shitload more and I don't care what happens to the other servers but I want a 3rd realm so there" Isn't that just a tad selfish?

Hell you don't even need to buy a US copy, just pay for another account, £8 and you can play 2 realms on Excal and the third on Pryd and you don't fuck around with the current playerbase.

As for the original thread poster you can't start a discussion by saying btw the main counter-argument for this discussion isn't allowed :D

Users who are viewing this thread