GoA not allowing people to roll alts on diffarent realms on the cluster

Should GoA take away the one realm restriction on cluster servers?

• Yes.

Votes: 283 74.3%
  • No.

Votes: 98 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Anyways, Thorwyn, I still don't think we have any valid to even start guessing at whetever a change like this would require alot of resources.

I didn´t guess anything at all about how long this change would take or how much manpower it would require. You´re right, we´re lacking background informations about that. I just made a guess why they´re reluctant to try it and that´s not really coming totally out of the blue. :)

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I actually agree with it. Though I made toons on the server I wanted before the 'nerf'

It's not hard to remove the 'realm restriction/account' code... =< Just getting rid of all the bugs would be the problem ;o

I'd show you it in shard-code, but I can't remember where it is =<

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
Jjuraa have never been known for his intelligence. Did you even read the thread?

Anyways, Thorwyn, I still don't think we have any valid to even start guessing at whetever a change like this would require alot of resources.

Why can't anyone make a damn attempt at giving a gameplay/community reason why this is a bad idea? Anyone able try on why it would be a good idea then? :)

Ok then. Everyone would just reroll hib from mid because it´s OP!! :flame:

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Ok then. Everyone would just reroll hib from mid because it´s OP!! :flame:

Heheh, hope you put on the flameproof vest!

(Also remember earguards, with all them bainshees!)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
Heheh, hope you put on the flameproof vest!

(Also remember earguards, with all them bainshees!)

Although we might see a rise of alb population and tank train groups arise with new pala celerity. I know I don´t wanna be on the other end of an alb tank train after 1.83 :(

Jjuraa

Banned
Azathrim said:
Jjuraa have never been known for his intelligence. Did you even read the thread?

Irony aside, yes i read the thread. and no, GOA should not remove the restriction. New accounts are pennies these days anyway. Like i said, i managed to get access to all three realms perfectly fine, if i can do it, one who "have never been known for his intelligence" then why couldnt you?

raid

Can't get enough of FH
I voted yes for cluster and knew how it will be, but I still think the restriction should be removed.

You can get every realm with 2 accounts yes, but don't forget buffbots xD

Tag

Fledgling Freddie
It's a shame I suppose for people new to the game after the cluster, but anyone playing before then had plenty of time to work things out - all anyone had to do was make a single character, didn't even need to play them.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa said:
Irony aside, yes i read the thread. and no, GOA should not remove the restriction. New accounts are pennies these days anyway. Like i said, i managed to get access to all three realms perfectly fine, if i can do it, one who "have never been known for his intelligence" then why couldnt you?

Ah, you see.. if you had read the thread you would have known that I indeed did prepare and got my characters sorted as I want them. So this is not about me wanting characters on any particular realm, ok?

You are not giving any arguments though. You are purely stating what you think GoA should do. Then state that you managed to do something. That you managed to tie your shoes today really doesn't make an argument on why this is a good or bad idea. Some may be happy you don't trip over your shoelaces, but most would be quite indifferent.
So, shall we try to come with an argument the next time Jjuraa?

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
I reckon, the best (and only) reason why they´re reluctant to start working on this issue is, that it might have the potential to damage the existing structures, wipe out chars or items etc.etc.etc. resulting in a huge rollback (at best). And I don´t know if the result is worth the risk.

i have to agree whit this.... this might look simple to a person who doesnt know much about programming. but it can have alot of side effects.. like Thorwyn said.

so i still remain to my point: it is a tehnical issue.. not some idiotic business thingy

was the prydwen disaster when cluster came ?? or was it after that ?
cant remember eny more, but if ir was... do u guys want this to happen again, just u could change realms ?

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
cant remember eny more, but if ir was... do u guys want this to happen again, just u could change realms ?

Some theories also claim that both 9/11 and the last album from Britney Spears were the direct result of Mythic altering clustering code.

These theories share one trait with your recent posts: They are pure speculations.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Jjuraa said:
I don't know in which world you live but setting up multiple accounts is not pennies... It still costs 12 euro's per month per account and the price for the expansions.
I don't know your financial situation, but me as a student (and with me a whole lot I know aswell) cannot afford that, and should not have to be able to afford that.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Some theories also claim that both 9/11 and the last album from Britney Spears were the direct result of Mythic altering clustering code.

These theories share one trait with your recent posts: They are pure speculations.

DID i acctually say it was directly related to that... ?

but ur still ignorant on the fact that it might take alot of work to fix a thing that might look simple to u?

Saraden

Loyal Freddie
I just voted wrong :p bah, take away the restrictions, no point that old gamers can, and new can't.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure its nothing to do with a 'technical issue'. There can't be any fundamental part of the engine preventing something so simple, its nothing that a few lines of code couldn't change if they could be arsed.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
I'm sure its nothing to do with a 'technical issue'. There can't be any fundamental part of the engine preventing something so simple, its nothing that a few lines of code couldn't change if they could be arsed.

i quess i have seen the source code and all and know all abou how the game is coded.... id be really happy if i could read the code :)

if it was that simple and only a few lines...it would have been done a long time ago.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
DID i acctually say it was directly related to that... ?

but ur still ignorant on the fact that it might take alot of work to fix a thing that might look simple to u?

No, I am fully aware it might take alot of work. It appears to me though, that you still haven't realized it's just pure speculations on your own part. Personally I don't care if it takes a year or five minutes. This is about whetever the functionality would be nice to have. Whatever you guess it takes to do really couldn't be less interesting.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
No, I am fully aware it might take alot of work. It appears to me though, that you still haven't realized it's just pure speculations on your own part. Personally I don't care if it takes a year or five minutes. This is about whetever the functionality would be nice to have. Whatever you guess it takes to do really couldn't be less interesting.

im not against it. id love it to be there, but i allso see the fact it might not be doable whit no setbacks or however they called :p

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
ofc it would be a great thing if we could cnage realms again like we used to.
but why would mythic/goa want us not to be able to do that....

Yeah! why indeed? as it could in many cases lead to people staying with this game for a longer time when they have the choice to play several realms, without deleteing their main chars that they might still want to play again later on.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Yes, I'd love to see them get rid of this horrible imposition upon UK players as soon as the laws of physics allow. We are currently the only country whose servers allow only one realm per account...which utterly, completely and comprehensively sucks (and was the major reason I voted against clustering). I know several new players who are falling foul of this and really hate the fact that they're going to have to buy another account just to play another realm without deleting all the work they've put in so far.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
i quess i have seen the source code and all and know all abou how the game is coded.... id be really happy if i could read the code :)

if it was that simple and only a few lines...it would have been done a long time ago.
I don't pretend to know the source code, but anyone with a limited amount of programming experience will realise that there can't be any serious barrier here, its most likely the way the character database is set up if anything. I don't need to know the source code to know that the reasons given are BS.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
I don't pretend to know the source code, but anyone with a limited amount of programming experience will realise that there can't be any serious barrier here, its most likely the way the character database is set up if anything. I don't need to know the source code to know that the reasons given are BS.

whit my exerinace in networking and programming (even tho not much :D) i dont think it is that simple.. or else it would have been done allredy

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
<sigh> I give up....

Kaun, can't you bloody well just discuss whetever the rack prydwen is stored in, is a grey or black rack? :wanker:

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Svartmetall said:
Yes, I'd love to see them get rid of this horrible imposition upon UK players as soon as the laws of physics allow. We are currently the only country whose servers allow only one realm per account...which utterly, completely and comprehensively sucks (and was the major reason I voted against clustering). I know several new players who are falling foul of this and really hate the fact that they're going to have to buy another account just to play another realm without deleting all the work they've put in so far.

my point exactly.

New players and old. Im speaking of an old players point of view.

Payed subscriptions to GoA for 4 years on two accounts, only to get limited to 1/3 of the game.

Myself aswell as alot of other people struggle to keep the two accounts i got at the moment up with subscriptions and there is no way to afford another one or two (if i want a buffbot) :p

Myself I voted yes, remove the restriction.

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
its not a 1 realm restriction, u had months to roll on the enemy realm of ur choice before the cluster. sure it sux for new customers, but how many of those are there these days?

besides its prolly a technical reason why u can't, i'm sure if they could let u they would. another possibility could be a brand new 3rd english server added to the cluster, a long-shot tho.

solving exactly what problem? would just be restricted to same realm again, if it was to work as now, and if it could work different, could just change the existing.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
GrivneKelmorian said:
my point exactly.

New players and old. Im speaking of an old players point of view.

Payed subscriptions to GoA for 4 years on two accounts, only to get limited to 1/3 of the game.

Myself aswell as alot of other people struggle to keep the two accounts i got at the moment up with subscriptions and there is no way to afford another one or two (if i want a buffbot) :p

Myself I voted yes, remove the restriction.

Well u are not limited per-see. You have plenty of other servers to choose from.
It´s not GOAs fault if u don´t speak german or french :p

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
Well u are not limited per-see. You have plenty of other servers to choose from.
It´s not GOAs fault if u don´t speak german or french :p

It is for haveing Servers like that tbh, all should be English, and I aint English myself but still think so.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Hmm I gotta say yes to this

I have mains on Prydwen and Hibw as my second realm.

After catacombs was released, I got bored of Hib and wanted something new, with Mid as the only realm left to play

But if i delete my hiblets, i will only have access to Albion, which I had anyway when server was unclustered(why would I want to play the same realm when its meant to be a different server?)

Forgot to add, we all ready pay for a pretty crappy service, what with server lag, bad xml and all the crap that happened with Prydwen items disappearing

There is currently only 1 English speaking server with a normal ruleset(Cluster, but you might say well its two servers but with one rvr zone but to me, thats only one server because you dont fight different people, its usually the same faces)

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I love all the speculation about how easy it really must be for them to amend the code - if it is so easy why not do it yaselves and send it to them so they can drop it into the next patch.

You were warned pre-cluster. its old news. next.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
I love all the speculation about how easy it really must be for them to amend the code - if it is so easy why not do it yaselves and send it to them so they can drop it into the next patch.

You were warned pre-cluster. its old news. next.

well, atleast someone agrees whit me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom