GoA not allowing people to roll alts on diffarent realms on the cluster

Should GoA take away the one realm restriction on cluster servers?

• Yes.

Votes: 283 74.3%
  • No.

Votes: 98 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Is this a good thing? Personally i think not.

Why should I as a paying customer of two accounts having to settle for one realm? I payed for 2x 4 expansions and 4 years of subscriptions. Why should I be denied 2/3 of the game because GoA thinks that I will crossrealm?

Is this something the community agrees on?

Would be lovley with some input from GoA aswell.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
its not a 1 realm restriction, u had months to roll on the enemy realm of ur choice before the cluster. sure it sux for new customers, but how many of those are there these days?

besides its prolly a technical reason why u can't, i'm sure if they could let u they would. another possibility could be a brand new 3rd english server added to the cluster, a long-shot tho.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
It would make sense to lift that aspect on the english servers. Afterall, we only got one normal english cluster. Allowing people to reroll would be a huge improvement.

On the American servers they have several clusters, thus people can just roll on another cluster to try out different realms. The same is not true on the english servers.

Girafmad

Fledgling Freddie
i had made a toon on mid/pryd before cluster, desided after that i wanted to play hib instead, deleted my mid toon, an voila only alb was avilable (cause i play alb/excal) so i had to buy a new account to play hib... silly and it sucks. tbh this makes me go:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
i bought a second account finally so my son could play with me he wanted to to be a troll(he is young and ignorant) but i couldn't help him level on mid as on pryd i'm on alb can't delete my other toons as i will be re directed to hib only. yes i feel ripped off. there surely must be some way to vercome this or would it mean goa actually doing some work?

Corran

Part of the furniture
Why bring up something that been said a million times?

It is a technical issue that came over here just the same as it was on the US servers. We had alot of time to sort it out, we were TOLD SPECIFICALLY that this was an issue when got polled about clustering and yet the majority still wanted to go ahead with it.

After cluster got said would happen had plenty of time to pick a realm. Ye it can suck at times as i cant play mid when it only realm not tried at least a little, but i knew that would be an issue when i decided to roll both accounts on hib just before cluster came in.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
They warned about this soooooo many times I can´t belive anyone actually missed it. They warned about it when they started the poll and continued to warn about it more or less in every friday news that had information about the cluster.

It has also been 10000000 threads about it here.
Don´t ppl read friday news?

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Well see it as a good opportunity to pick up some foreign languages.

I played a German server for the opportunity to play Hib and in the proces i improved my german cursing skills a lot :>

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
They warned about this soooooo many times I can´t belive anyone actually missed it. They warned about it when they started the poll and continued to warn about it more or less in every friday news that had information about the cluster.

Irony? "Dont people read the news" while not actually reading the thread? :p

He's asking wether or not people would prefare if the restriction was removed, he isn't complaining that he didn't know and now he's restricted to a single realm.

I think GOA should remove the restriction if they can, and if they can't then maybe Mythic should hire some programmers with a clue.

Anyway, at the same time, I'm kinda glad there is one more thing shit about this game to add too the heap as I don't like seeing people play these games anymore, I havent played for ages now, and still I get drawn back to the forums every once in a while, but this game is bad for you. I played casually compared to most, but it still eat far too much of my time and money. MMORPGS are dangerous.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
xxManiacxx said:

my EUaccounts wasnt active when cluster came. Means I'm kindof stuck in hibb :)

doesnt really matter much to me since I dont wanna play something else atm but.. it would be good with a choice other than french or german servers, Camlann is definately out of the question.

I can see the point in the poll and I believe we should be able to play a 2nd realm if we choose to do so, but I doubt GOA can do much about it.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Melachi said:
Irony? "Dont people read the news" while not actually reading the thread? :p

He's asking wether or not people would prefare if the restriction was removed, he isn't complaining that he didn't know and now he's restricted to a single realm.

I think GOA should remove the restriction if they can, and if they can't then maybe Mythic should hire some programmers with a clue.

Anyway, at the same time, I'm kinda glad there is one more thing shit about this game to add too the heap as I don't like seeing people play these games anymore, I havent played for ages now, and still I get drawn back to the forums every once in a while, but this game is bad for you. I played casually compared to most, but it still eat far too much of my time and money. MMORPGS are dangerous.

And if you read friday news you would have known the answer to the question. :wanker:

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
And if you read friday news you would have known the answer to the question. :wanker:

Again, let me explain.

The thread is about if people would like Goa to remove the restriction. Not about wether anyone else had not known about this. Yeah Goa also mention that its impossible, well they also said its impossible to reverse Cluster, and Mythic said it aint..

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Melachi said:
Again, let me explain.

The thread is about if people would like Goa to remove the restriction. Not about wether anyone else had not known about this. Yeah Goa also mention that its impossible, well they also said its impossible to reverse Cluster, and Mythic said it aint..

U can want it as much as u want. It was explained when cluster was being talked about exacly what will happen if they cluster.

If you didn´t act in those what 4-5 months? then sorry but you are terrible slow.

If you really want to play another realm u have 2 options.

1: reroll german/french/camlann/classic server
2: Buy a new acc.

Those were the options when the poll about cluster landed and those are the options now. No use QQing about it.

Might aswell make a poll and ask them to patch back to 1.60 or something :eek:

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
xxManiacxx said:
U can want it as much as u want. It was explained when cluster was being talked about exacly what will happen if they cluster.

If you didn´t act in those what 4-5 months? then sorry but you are terrible slow.

If you really want to play another realm u have 2 options.

1: reroll german/french/camlann/classic server
2: Buy a new acc.

Those were the options when the poll about cluster landed and those are the options now. No use QQing about it.

Might aswell make a poll and ask them to patch back to 1.60 or something :eek:

Thats waffle. Removing this restriction, if not possible for Goa, is possible for Mythic by changing the source code, much like they do every patch, if there was a big demand for it, you never know, Mythic might actually do it.

And again I'd also like to draw your attention to the fact that they have been wrong before, previously it was said that reversing Clustering was impossible, yet it is now according to Mythic, which just show's all it took was some coding I imagine.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I read and understood the news Mani and still voted for clustering. I prepared and created characters on the realms I wanted. What's your point?

Being fully aware of how the situation is, doesn't mean that we cannot suggest GoA to change the rules.

Would there be any harm done by allowing people to create on opposing realms? Or, are we just enforcing rules for the sake of enforcing them?

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
Would there be any harm done by allowing people to create on opposing realms? Or, are we just enforcing rules for the sake of enforcing them?

True, and sometimes it seems that just because things are in a sertain way, some seem to think that way is the only and right way, almost anything can be changed if enough people wants it like that.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I must admit it is nice to have the luxury of trying the different realms, before clustering the question was always "the French n Germans get to play all the realms, why not the English?", and here we are limited to one. The player base reduced to a stage that clustering was probably the only thing to keep the game alive to a degree, without it things would be quite dull on pryd and excal.

Changing it now I dont think would be wise or easy, Mythic have bigger fish to fry keeping us interested in the game, namely gameplay, its a shame, but thats the way of things.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
itss a tehnical issue that prevents that not goa....

it just shows how much ppl cba to read new or enything.. ur loss... now QQ

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Kaun_IA said:
itss a tehnical issue that prevents that not goa....

it just shows how much ppl cba to read new or enything.. ur loss... now QQ

We have actually been over this, which just show's that it is you who "cba to read new or enything[sic]".

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
I read and understood the news Mani and still voted for clustering. I prepared and created characters on the realms I wanted. What's your point?

Being fully aware of how the situation is, doesn't mean that we cannot suggest GoA to change the rules.

u still dont get it ?? :p

ITS A TEHNICAL ISSUE......
its not a rule or enything.. they sayd meny times that they wish you could change realms but they cant do enything about it.
only one who can recode the clustering is Mythic..

that would mean pryd and excal will be different servers again and rvr would just be soo slow again.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
ITS A TEHNICAL ISSUE

Yup... and Iraq had wmd. Really! Honest! :)

Seriously.. "technical problems" is an excuse for "it´s a lot of work". It´s amazing how people tend to swallow explanations like this and take it like the ultimate truth and wisdom. I`m 100% sure that Mythic (not GOA of course) would be able to code a workaround for the problem. They just don´t want to. Working on issues like this = lots of manpower = lots of money lost for a small feature. "Technical issues" = no manpower = lots of money gained from customers who´re buying new accounts to play different realms.

Might be a bit exaggerated, but I think I´m not too far off the mark.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Yup... and Iraq had wmd. Really! Honest! :)

Seriously.. "technical problems" is an excuse for "it´s a lot of work". It´s amazing how people tend to swallow explanations like this and take it like the ultimate truth and wisdom. I`m 100% sure that Mythic (not GOA of course) would be able to code a workaround for the problem. They just don´t want to. Working on issues like this = lots of manpower = lots of money lost for a small feature. "Technical issues" = no manpower = lots of money gained from customers who´re buying new accounts to play different realms.

Might be a bit exaggerated, but I think I´m not too far off the mark.

well... that much i know that it can be recoded.... BUT he was say it was like a rule or something that just goa doesnt want ppl to get diferent realms on pryd and excal... only those who had can.

i didnt say its impossible to codde it :p

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
You also belive in santa Kaun? Because, Im looking for a buyer on the Eifel tower, you can have it real cheap!

Anyways, as Thorwyn are going at, Mythic/GOA can change this if they want to. Whetever it fits their business and priorities is another question, one that we cannot know.

The only thing we can do is to express a desire for them to do it, which this thread is about.

I do however find it remarkable that noone are arguing against this because they think it's a bad idea. Only some naive, rigid thinking clowns who managed to read a newspost half a century ago.

So, let us bring the discussion a bit further than "qq more" and ask the relevant question:

Is there any gameplay/community reason why this would be a bad idea?

(Personally I can't think of any, perhaps you can?)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Azathrim said:
You also belive in santa Kaun? Because, Im looking for a buyer on the Eifel tower, you can have it real cheap!

Anyways, as Thorwyn are going at, Mythic/GOA can change this if they want to. Whetever it fits their business and priorities is another question, one that we cannot know.

The only thing we can do is to express a desire for them to do it, which this thread is about.

I do however find it remarkable that noone are arguing against this because they think it's a bad idea. Only some naive, rigid thinking clowns who managed to read a newspost half a century ago.

So, let us bring the discussion a bit further than "qq more" and ask the relevant question:

Is there any gameplay/community reason why this would be a bad idea?

(Personally I can't think of any, perhaps you can?)

U want a reason why this would be a bad idea? Manpower. My guess unlike yours is that it will be a gigantic technical work to change so that u can pick different realms in a cluster (just check you .ini files. They all have Excaliburs number after the name now). If they would do something like this means they will have to take manpower from different things that are much higher up in the "need to do" list.

I rather take that manpower to do some ingame tweaking rather then starting to changing how they have coded how cluster work.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
ofc it would be a great thing if we could cnage realms again like we used to.
but why would mythic/goa want us not to be able to do that....

i think its one of those things that wount be changed couse it would take way too much codeing from mythics part... or they would have done it. i belive evry daoc player (english server ones atleast) wants to be able to change realms as they wish and probably there are meny on the US servers.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Manpower is not a community/gameplay related reason though.
That's a business reason, one that a valid concern for Mythic, no doubt, but we would have absolutely no idea whetever it is a huge task or not.

It's just a valid guess to say it's a 5 minute fix as it is to say it's a two year project for 5 people. We can discuss whetever either guess is the most excact, but in the end we would be none the wiser.

In other words, let Mythic handle the business/resource aspect and let us spend our time discussing something we actually have a slight clue about: The community/gameplay aspects.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
U want a reason why this would be a bad idea? Manpower. My guess unlike yours is that it will be a gigantic technical work to change so that u can pick different realms in a cluster (just check you .ini files. They all have Excaliburs number after the name now). If they would do something like this means they will have to take manpower from different things that are much higher up in the "need to do" list.

I rather take that manpower to do some ingame tweaking rather then starting to changing how they have coded how cluster work.

This sounds like an argument. But when you´re looking at it a bit closer, you´ll notice, that you´re probably talking about different kinds of "manpower". The guys who´re in charge of the network coding repsectively server setup issues are unlikely the same people who´re designing and implementing ingame stuff and tweaks. And Mythic isn´t exactly a small company.

I reckon, the best (and only) reason why they´re reluctant to start working on this issue is, that it might have the potential to damage the existing structures, wipe out chars or items etc.etc.etc. resulting in a huge rollback (at best). And I don´t know if the result is worth the risk.

Jjuraa

Banned
voted no, if you were too stupid to prepare for cluster even with the numerous warnings, then youre clearly too stupid to have a reasoned argument with, so i wont bother, il just sit back happily with my 2 accs + access to all three realms and laugh at you.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Jjuraa have never been known for his intelligence. Did you even read the thread?

Anyways, Thorwyn, I still don't think we have any valid to even start guessing at whetever a change like this would require alot of resources.

Why can't anyone make a damn attempt at giving a gameplay/community reason why this is a bad idea? Anyone able try on why it would be a good idea then? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom