GOA/Mythic trying to stop crafting in Aegir?

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
that sounds like so much fun! A crafting zerg!!!!!!111111

griralith

Fledgling Freddie
been crafting whole week in aegir, no jumps on me so far, maybe they to scared of a sm? :p

seen a poor dwarf get wftpwned by them though...

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
It's not triggered by crafting. I've been jumped immediately upon porting in, and while sat AFK at the vault keeper, and while stood selling loot.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Margaret said:
It's not triggered by crafting. I've been jumped immediately upon porting in, and while sat AFK at the vault keeper, and while stood selling loot.

We all love you ... that's why we jump you so much :(

Sorry.

<coughs>

Oh you weren't talking about me were you?

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
I'm so gonna afk in aegir a lot not, i wanna see this happen to me :D

dont need to afk :( i got insta jumped porting in other day on rm

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe it was intended to stop AFK crafting in Aegir, but simply doesn't work as intended. (like, someone used a GetIdleTime() function of which they thought would return the time someone has been AFK, but instead returns the time since the last time he/she was in combat.)

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
I think it has more to do with the 'fanatical priestess' mob near Nottmoor. Those of my chars who've never been near that mob have never been jumped, but those who have... uh, have.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Maybe it's that fanatical assassin pheromone perfume your character was wearing...

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
I was killed 3 times by fanatical assasins in the middle of Aegir while crafting.
Is this spose to be some kind of method to stop people coming to SI zones?
would like to see what the mentality is behind this from a gm

I like you

Margaret

Loyal Freddie
Update:

RightNow text as submitted:

Margaret said:
I can only assume that this is related to some sort of quest, though I can't be certain.

My problem is that, over several characters on several accounts, I have been experiencing NPCs called 'fanatical assassins' spawning in front of my character and attacking me upon arrival in Aegirhamn, inflicting poisons, bleeding and disease on me. Most of the time, I can get away from them by simple expedient of sprinting away, but it is getting to be more than a nuisance. Several people from my guild and alliance have also reported being attacked by these NPCs, and in cases where they haven't gotten away, their death have caused experience and constitution loss. This is, to put it mildly, quite disconcerting and annoying.

I have submitted a request on this issue earlier - how long ago escapes me - and was told that it would be looked into. As it is, all I can see this event doing is making people reluctant to use Aegirhamn as a place to sit and craft(as people have also been attacked out of the blue while stood still at a crafting table, or near the vault keeper), and aggravating people with a loss of money(from the constitution loss) and time(from the experience loss).

If this is an event of some sort, please consider disabling it entirely, as it appears unbidden and is, in myself and everyone I have discussed it with, entirely unwanted.

Response from GOA:

GOA said:
Hello,

Thank you for your report.

I will again pass on your message to our quest team but I don't expect it to be removed. Like you said it is part of a quest.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
i did the quest ages ago...think it had something to do with geting a horsey head (out jord near vasu) and a crafted staff. The end result i got a book and all the assassins are now friendly to me. No aggro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom