GoA Infected with 'My Doom' Worm?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Konah, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Konah

Konah Fledgling Freddie

recieved 2 emails from goa with the infected keylogger/trojan attached...

be careful out there! :eek7:

2. Vodkafairy

Vodkafairy Fledgling Freddie

LOL amateurs

3. Chilly

Chilly Balls of steel

thats proposterous!

and on a more worrying sidenote, it means theres a working keylogger on someoens puter at GOA. perhaps they should be notified?

4. bult

bult Loyal Freddie

hahaha good work GOA ^^

5. Mehuge

Mehuge One of Freddy's beloved

The virus originated elsewhere and is masking itself to look as if it comes from goa (just an entry it has picked from someones address book). This is a common trick email viruses use to make you think the email is legit and to cover it's tracks.

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100983.htm

6. Tay

Tay Grumpy old fecker

Faked headers and destination addies I thought?

I have so far seen over 600 sent to my office this morning, all of them use the a random name and @domain.ere .

They are all set to DDoS SCO which aint such a bad thing imho :) open source4tehwinzor you money grabbing twats...

Oh....sorry I hate sco with a passion.

7. Takitothemacs

Takitothemacs Fledgling Freddie

Its called Spoofing and the mail wont have come from GOA

8. Vodkafairy

Vodkafairy Fledgling Freddie

i know but its a nice excuse to call them amateurs

:p

9. Iskander

Iskander Fledgling Freddie

:rolleyes:

10. Jugvayne

Jugvayne Can't get enough of FH

from GOA's official website

11. Khalen

Khalen Fledgling Freddie

Sigh another one.. why do people find it so fun to make these kind of things? Do they gain anything with it?

12. Greenfingers

Greenfingers Fledgling Freddie

it's funneh that I have never gotten a virus on my comp .. only the one I had on a 3,5" disc .. erhm .. *blush* ;)

Why do peeps open Emails from peeps they never heard of? .... here @ work we got 180ish already, and they keep popping in. Our Mailsweeper takes 100% of every spam mail, spoofer, trojan everything so far.... the funneh thing is that the Security guy @ work don't even know how to shut down port's on our FW ... tbh ... he is sooo st00pid, he shouldn't be in the position he is atm !!! ... and Im the one doing his job ! ... Im the one telling him about the viruses, telling him what to do about them, how they work, and what to do in the future .. and so far, not even _1_ Virus, Trojan ... NOTHING got through our Mailsweeper nor FW after I got here ... strange ... before that, they had to run around like screaming children and updating the virusscanners and removing viruses ... *shrug* ... cave-man technology!

I was the one that setup the Sweeper ... or well ... I was the one making the ruleZ for it ;) it was already here, when I got here .. but it didn't really have any ruleZ on it .. only some really retarded ones
    ... now they got some consultant working on it once in a while, cuZ the security guy's supperior didn't like me doing HIS job... guess I will take over his job when my education is over :twak:

now .... Im just a poor student :(

13. Khalen

Khalen Fledgling Freddie

That's so common because all the spots/jobs that he might have learned for were all to picky or taken. A lot of those people take a short course to take some other job where the demand is high. Don't expect someone to know everything just as fast as yourself. It's all about experience and learning. And there will always be people who know more or a bit better. People learn... (at least I hope they do).

14. yaruar

yaruar Can't get enough of FH

Yes, such lovely people writing viruses, taking down whole systems and potentially stealing sensitive user information.

Not to mention they've managed to overload the london backbone that my adsl hangs off for the past 2 days.

Let SCO be dealt with in a legal way, they will most probably be bancrupted by the current legal cases heading through the courts. If they aren't then they are right, the whole of /. is wrong ;)

Persoanlly I hope the Weenix using /. reading 26 year old virus writing spotty oik finally loses his virginity after being sent to jail at the hands of a 28 stone muderer called "tiny"

Virus authors are slightly below spammers in the scale leading down from pond life IMO...

15. Thire

Thire Fledgling Freddie

damn your try to make GOA look bad didnt work Konah :(