GOA..hotfix NOT applied to EU servers?!

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for being active here magnus, dunn how you put up with some of the moaners here tho hehe

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
communication please magnus ?

mythic send you the patch, you patch it (preferably not 4 days later)

mrbandersnatch

Fledgling Freddie
I see a patch being applied today; I wonder if all hotfixes get bundled with these....

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Hotfixes

Good morning,
after yesterday's announcement, many of you are - rightfully - disappointed, as it turned out that contrary to what I was insinuating, not all changes which had been applied to US servers were in fact active on EU servers. I accept this critique, and whereas there were non-ordinary circumstances surrounding this particular incident, I don't wish to dodge any blame by explaining these; at the end of the day, I made assumptions which turned out to be wrong. I'm sorry about this and I'll make the effort to avoid this from arising again.

As of this morning's maintenance, the last few read-files have been applied to European servers, including the fabled Pounce change and the changes to the Phoenix Gate scenario. To the best of my knowledge, the US and EU servers are now once again running identical software.

-Magnus

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
... 4 days late

Mythic should have written into GOA's contract that every day they fall behind with the patches, they lose £1,000 and give the players 1 day of credit.

Screw GOA's promises, we all know penalties would be the only way to make sure we get fair service. I'm sorry if this sound harsh Magnus as indeed you are quite new around here, however alot of us have heard the same "We've got it wrong, we're sorry" post for eight years now.

Sorry doesn't cut it anymore

mrbandersnatch

Fledgling Freddie
Good morning,
after yesterday's announcement, many of you are - rightfully - disappointed, as it turned out that contrary to what I was insinuating, not all changes which had been applied to US servers were in fact active on EU servers. I accept this critique, and whereas there were non-ordinary circumstances surrounding this particular incident, I don't wish to dodge any blame by explaining these; at the end of the day, I made assumptions which turned out to be wrong. I'm sorry about this and I'll make the effort to avoid this from arising again.

As of this morning's maintenance, the last few read-files have been applied to European servers, including the fabled Pounce change and the changes to the Phoenix Gate scenario. To the best of my knowledge, the US and EU servers are now once again running identical software.

-Magnus

Thank you Magnus. No apples required.

PERSONALLY Im glad that you/GOA/Mythic are listening. Situations such as this in other games have sometimes had MONTHS of arguing between players/devs about what the situation really is; hence it is a relief to see such a quick resolution. Touch wood, lessons have been learned for your internal processes.

HOWEVER.....we will be watching.... :flame:

Belsameth

Tainted
... 4 days late

Mythic should have written into GOA's contract that every day they fall behind with the patches, they lose £1,000 and give the players 1 day of credit.

Screw GOA's promises, we all know penalties would be the only way to make sure we get fair service. I'm sorry if this sound harsh Magnus as indeed you are quite new around here, however alot of us have heard the same "We've got it wrong, we're sorry" post for eight years now.

Sorry doesn't cut it anymore

Go play US then. Problem solved. :)

@MagnusK: Thanks for the heads up. Shit happens. I'm sure we'll survive. Somehow :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
But they ARE sorry (yet again) so its no problem!

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I don't care about the odd few days being behind. So long as it stays in the range it has so far then GOA are doing it well.

A little more news from GOA on this would be welcome, but in general it has been a good start to the game and there is not a lot to whine about just yet.

Real reasons to whine will come eventually so save your worst, or best, GOA hammering phrases until then.

nosebleed

Fledgling Freddie
Don't have any problems with either US or EU. Maybe buy a real internet connection ;)

lol, too true, wish I could be bothered to wait to get a phoneline fitted to this flat, rather than rushing and going with Shitty virgin, 20mb but pull for full whack longer than an hour and it's like being dumped on 5mb :(

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
That was my point :)
I guess you were someone who steamrolled the various terrible Destro teams I was in this evening? :D

my BW is 31 now so, but yes was runing a fg whit some guildes :D btw reroll order! ;)

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Since they are at it can they fix Charge also? Why should one be able to charge without an enemy target?
Yesterday in PG there was a Mara happily abusing it with flag, Sprint then Charge, wait a bit, Sprint then Charge.
At least i guess or it was speedhacking.

Belsameth

Tainted
lol, too true, wish I could be bothered to wait to get a phoneline fitted to this flat, rather than rushing and going with Shitty virgin, 20mb but pull for full whack longer than an hour and it's like being dumped on 5mb :(

Wanna borrow my fiber? ;)

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Since they are at it can they fix Charge also? Why should one be able to charge without an enemy target?
Yesterday in PG there was a Mara happily abusing it with flag, Sprint then Charge, wait a bit, Sprint then Charge.
At least i guess or it was speedhacking.

we got him though xD

Belgerath

One of Freddy's beloved
As in the ability to move faster than normal yes,

Granted that pounce did give order a chance to abuse Tor Annoc (sp)

Otherwise its basically the same

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
except WL have charge also..

I think ppl need to read wardb.com more!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom