GOA..hotfix NOT applied to EU servers?!

mrbandersnatch

Fledgling Freddie
After 1.01 Mythic patched a hotfix to the US servers with a few changes (notable to my class WL and others). GOA seem to have disregarded this patch thus now the US/EU servers are running different versions of the game.

Patching was one of the FUNDAMENTAL concerns regarding their management of this game (given the joke that DAoC became) and it has taken under 2 weeks for them to return to form (i.e. CRAP)

Do others, like me, expect this to be how GOA will handle things in the future?

Libh

Fledgling Freddie
who cares? I liked the way DAoC was always patching late.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Completely agree with the original post, we should be running whatever the U.S. servers are running. The 1.01 patching was great though I must say, only a 24 hour delay which is more than acceptable.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
i would rather have goa NOT patch during the weekends and wait till monday for such things.

i think the morning after the day they patch in US would be best, except when that would make it a patch on saturday or sunday.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
I was waiting for a post like this. :) You can probably guess what I'm going to say, so I won't type it :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So long as it stays as a couple of days its not a huge problem, once they start slipping to a few weeks then a month then six months like it was in DAOC then we have a serious problem.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
1-2 working days I'd say is about the limit for "patching at the same time" - and so far they're well within that.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
There are no hotfixes on EU servers. We're not important enough to get the same service, but we pay more. Go figure.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i am also rather concerned that the reason i chose to play on the EU servers of the US servers (apart from mateys playing here) was the that the servers would effectivly be the same version.

I played on the US servers and it was such a dream to have patch notes and patch days and the actual patch when they said not when i played on the goa servers somtiems up to 6 months behind the US. some might say its great that the Americans beta test everything before we get it. But tbh its far far better to be in with the americans enjoying the game as mythic intends not an out of date version that goa has.

I recomend GOA and Mythic start singing from the same hymn sheet if a patch has to go live then it goes live on eu and US at the same time.

MagnusGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Good morning!

This is how things work: Mythic send us read-files and we apply them - usually promptly - to our servers. This is a pretty smooth process, requiring no server down-time and goes by unnoticed, often with no public announcement made.

We will continue applying every single line of code sent to us, and when suitable, we'll public the notes. US and EU players are playing the exact same game except for a few hours of lag here and there.

-Magnus

97PercentBeef

Fledgling Freddie
So...are you saying that you do apply the hotfixes to the EU servers pretty much when the US servers get them, but you don't tell us about them?

Thanks for clarifying, but that's a bit of an open goal for the 'GOA don't communicate' crowd isn't it?

Kinag

Part of the furniture
So...are you saying that you do apply the hotfixes to the EU servers pretty much when the US servers get them, but you don't tell us about them?

Thanks for clarifying, but that's a bit of an open goal for the 'GOA don't communicate' crowd isn't it?

So, people whined about something which wasn't actually an issue, and then when they get told they've had it their way, they whine about something else?

I'm so freakin' glad FH is back xD

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
All we need is some communication from GOA that you are doing what you say your doing, some people dont read FH and get the half of whats going on. If a hotfix has been applied, you tell us an hotfix has been applied, not add it in on a patch note a few weeks down.

When we start the patcher we expect to know what we're downloading when we visit your site and why we're downloading it.

The whole point of the website is to communicate with the playerbase, so far its 100% better than with DAoC but there is a lot more room for improvement regarding fixes.

Poag

m00?
So, people whined about something which wasn't actually an issue, and then when they get told they've had it their way, they whine about something else?

This is unsurprising:)

Surprise factor 0!

Had cake, eated cake, moan about lack of cake.

Content
Made additional fixes to resolve issues with the final boss of the "Neborhest's Vanguard" public quest.
Items
Sovereign Set items on the Renown Merchant now have the proper requirements for purchase.
RvR
In an effort to highlight more of the available scenarios, we have made a slight adjustment to the positioning of scenarios in the queue window. The Elf Tier 3 Scenario “Temple of Isha” is now the first scenario players will see, followed by “Tor Anroc.”

Patch notes \o/

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
After the patch today, my pounce is STILL the old version. North American players got the updated version on friday.

There are lots of other things that also should have been hotfixed (they were on US servers), including guild cloak still being bugged to hell.

Sort it out GOA.

mrbandersnatch

Fledgling Freddie
Good morning!

This is how things work: Mythic send us read-files and we apply them - usually promptly - to our servers. This is a pretty smooth process, requiring no server down-time and goes by unnoticed, often with no public announcement made.

We will continue applying every single line of code sent to us, and when suitable, we'll public the notes. US and EU players are playing the exact same game except for a few hours of lag here and there.

-Magnus

Hello Magnus, *clears throat*

NO WE ARE NOT!!!

Either Mythic have failed to send you a hotfix or something screwed up in the application. Mythic Entertainment | Warhammer Realm War under hotfixes, search for the fix to the White Lions pounce ability.

THIS HOTFIX HAS *NOT* BEEN APPLIED.

If you go to the White Lion forums on warhammer alliance you will see the issue detailed in :

European WLs - Warhammer Forums
Pounce hotfixed: ITS INCREDIBLE NOW - Warhammer Forums

and several other threads.

The more worrying thing is that your versions of the game are ALREADY DIVERGING AND YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT IT!!

There is obviously something going wrong in your patching proceedures and we Europeans would like to see it remedied BEFORE we have a 48 hour patch day due to a patch going wrong because you and Mythic have failed in coordinating patches.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Day 1: 1:05pm: Updated a line of code.
Day 1: 1:06pm: Code typo, fixed typo.
Day 1: 1:07pm: Guild cloak syntax change.
Day 1: 1:08pm: Tweaked a polygon for the shaman class. Eye is now 1px bigger.
Day 1: 1:09pm: Pissed off with writing patch notes, fix info, and updates.
Day 1: 1:10pm: Reads through inbox of whining about said notes.
Day 1: 1:11pm: Quits.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Uh yeah... Might want to inform yourself a bit better.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Day 1: 1:05pm: Updated a line of code.
Day 1: 1:06pm: Code typo, fixed typo.
Day 1: 1:07pm: Guild cloak syntax change.
Day 1: 1:08pm: Tweaked a polygon for the shaman class. Eye is now 1px bigger.
Day 1: 1:09pm: Pissed off with writing patch notes, fix info, and updates.
Day 1: 1:10pm: Reads through inbox of whining about said notes.
Day 1: 1:11pm: Quits.

Or just: "We've updated with the hotfix <insert url to US page here> on our servers".

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
There is obviously something going wrong in your patching procedures and we Europeans would like to see it remedied BEFORE we have a 48 hour patch day due to a patch going wrong because you and Mythic have failed in coordinating patches.

Agreed. Sounds like poor communication.

Although to play devils advocate it may be that the hotfix was a patch unique to GoA's servers. Common sense would say that you should use identical software and similar platforms to minimise the cross-compatability issues and conversion time though

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Or just: "We've updated with the hotfix <insert url to US page here> on our servers".

doesn't work so well for the Germans, French, Spanish and Italians I expect :(

Still, even if they lag a bit behind would be nice to see what hotfixes have been applied...

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
still i find te lack of communication disturbing...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
To be fair I doubt half of you even know what the sodding hit fix is fixing? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom