GOA have actually done something right!

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Seems the well known website has become better then ever before.

Almost everything is back as it was...BUT, much faster and more responsive. These last couple of days must have paid off!

With all the last couple of days negativity, I'd start this off with some positivity. Grats GOA you are doing something right, just get the HeadStart/Retail code registration up in advance of the release and these last couple of days will be forgotten (by most) in a couple of weeks! :)

:cheers:

Aada

Part of the furniture
Why would you post this before they get the headstart out of the way?

I don't think many people have a great confidence in being able to play on Sunday/Monday.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Almost everything is back as it was...BUT, much faster and more responsive. These last couple of days must have paid off!

With all the last couple of days negativity, I'd start this off with some positivity. Grats GOA you are doing something right, just get the HeadStart/Retail code registration up in advance of the release and these last couple of days will be forgotten (by most) in a couple of weeks! :)

Their site is still full of errors and missing stuff.

Example: Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning

Scroll down to the end. They maybe have left some place in there for Iain, so he can change the rules according to his SotG when needed.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
I was trying to be positive here, go troll in another thread please :)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

I do not see the need to be positive towards GOA until they actually start bringing stuff to the table instead of FIXING stuff they've messed up to begin with. Even bringing us up to par with the US service level (yes, I'm naive with that entire "equal treatment" still being just somewhat true) is what they are paid to do.
Being positive just cause the last days were negative seems silly to me. It was negative because of GOA, not despite. They brought it all on themselves.

Once they start doing something extra to make up for their mess, then I'll respect them somewhat. Until then - they surely seem to lack competence as a professional company.

Consider it "trolling" or not, but I do not applaud people for just doing their job. It is when they go the extra mile it is worth being "positive" towards.

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
Prudil, at the moment GOA doesn't deserve your optimism :(
You're an old daoc player, you know full well their track record.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
...and not so bright either.

Going back to the original post... Prud! Everfart coming back for giggles at all?

JohnnyBoy555

Fledgling Freddie
GOA have done alright. It looked like they were going to mess up OB. But in the end it was just a few hours late. The client has been rock solid too.

I have much more confidence in them running the game now.

EDIT: I have had no problems with their website either. Maybe people should look at their own computers before they pass the buck to GOA.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
GOA have done alright. It looked like they were going to mess up OB. But in the end it was just a few hours late. The client has been rock solid too.

EDIT: I have had no problems with their website either. Maybe people should look at their own computers before they pass the buck to GOA.

Few hours late? They've used more then half the Open Beta period to fix some of the problems they introduced. Combined with all the lies they've spewed out on websites, all the stories they've tried to spin and what not. With not real assurances other then another batch of empty words and phrases about the Head Start phase.
GOA have by far not done anything which is worthy of being labelled as "alright" by any measure of standard.

Oh - and my computer is more then capable thanks. Doesn't change any of the stuff GOA have broken or automatically update any of their information.

:twak:

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
This post was meant to be positive but you trolls still manage to flame in this one, while there are numerous "we hate GOA" threads out there. Please take your whine and negativity elsewhere. Thanx!

Roo: The old Everlast - is no more, but yes I'm playing WAR with a couple of mates in <Durka Durka>. We're on [EN]Burlok now in OB - same as you I think :) Do a /who durka when you are online, you'll see some familiar faces :D

PS: this thread is only a comment to the new and improved performance on the much hated Flash site. I'm only giving credit when credit is due! Tbh the flash site actually amazed me when I tried it yesterday afternoon - thats why I wanted to make a positive remark here on FH! ;)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
This post was meant to be positive but you trolls still manage to flame in this one, while there are numerous "we hate GOA" threads out there. Please take your whine and negativity elsewhere. Thanx!
<snip>

People aren't trolls simply because they disagree with you. :twak:
Simply offering a perspective to the "thank you for screwing us over" attitude isn't trolling.

GOA is paid to provide a specific service. They shouldn't be thanked for getting closer to be able to do that that after they messed it up themselves.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
The definition of a forum troll:
A forum troll is someone who actively watches a forum. Not to be confused with a lurker, or just a forum frequenter, the troll annoys, pesters, and generally insults any thread they open.

Nuff said...

Now keep it on topic, thanx :)

Kinag

Part of the furniture
And no where does it say in that "definition" that people who disagrees with you are trolls.

More said.

No, but you pester every thread you write in, so I guess he's right :p

And we all know Manisch pesters every thread he's in, I mean, he must have been banned a hundred times throughoug the years? :fluffle:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Fact is, folks are going off-topic. I don't mind balancing arguments provided they are reasoned and not rants... just keep it civil.

peo

Fledgling Freddie

A few hours???
Eh... Try a few days. Of course it depends on your definition of few.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
my guess is that JohnnyBoy555 had a closed beta acc and was able to log in straight away, and did not have to wait 4 days untill his account got activated

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
No, but you pester every thread you write in, so I guess he's right :p
<snip>

Pester - disagree.
Just offering a different perspective to people thanking a company for fixing what they've broken to begin with.

I consider you a troll with that remark for example, as you add nothing to the topic, but just want to take a swing for some reason.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
All I was saying was that I thought the website seemed better then before the famous crash. Both speed and overall feel of the site was better and that all the original functions were back.
I never commented on how GOA have handled the situation nor their release strategies - that's a totally different matter! But I wanted to focus on the positive things as a mere clap on the back to those working at GOA (I can only imagine the stress they have been working under the last week) - I am only human, and humans make mistakes. Hey thats what BETA is all about - fixing bugs, discovering botlenecks and poor registration systems.
We, the European community have actually done something good here, we have actually saved the EU Headstart (asuming the register pages are now 100% fixed) from beeing a comlete disaster. We did what BETA is all about and ppl need to understand that BETA is what it is - its testing. If systems fail during a beta period, its good. The devs can find out what caused the crash/error/fail and fix it. As a result of the fixing of bugs in a beta causes numerous users not beeing able to log on to a service in BETA, its still beta! Get over it. If ppl get upset over a beta going bad they should think twise next time they sign up for a BETA.

The WAR preorder program was a BOUNS to the Live GAME box - not a paid service. In beta we as betatesters have no rights at all, we cant demand anything. BUT when release hits and your paid service starts (18th september) thats when you can start making demands.
Actually the headstart is actually a BONUS aswell - legally its genius! :)

For those still not understanding the means of BETA, Wikipedia has a nice definition of this. Broaden your minds - trolls! ;) Software release life cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
<putters off to Burlok to say hi>

Bah, no results. Get out of bed ya lazy slobs, there's fightin' to do!

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Pester - disagree.
Just offering a different perspective to people thanking a company for fixing what they've broken to begin with.

I consider you a troll with that remark for example, as you add nothing to the topic, but just want to take a swing for some reason.

Hey, I'm just using my right for free speech and in my opinion you pester. All I've seen you write in the past week has been nothing but crap towards GoA.

This thread wasn't about that though, but yet you claim that all you do is adding a different perspective to his "biased" opinions. Come to think of it though, you've given that "different" perspective in every single thread you've posted in lately.

So, either you're a post whore or you just love pestering, but I guess it's the same thing really..

Now, I don't mean that in an offensive way, but..

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
iains remark must have hurt if you feel the need to come back to it on almost every single post since..

Yeah that's it. Or it could be a legendary fuck up by him and GoA in general for years to remember.

Mmhmhm... Hard decision.

Stoney

Fledgling Freddie
I seem to remember a Roo from my DAOC days..... long time ago...
(brain hurts)

anyway...

Hey, face facts OP, if you post a topic, dont 'expect' everyone to have to agree with you...

On the same hand, if i posted a topic slagging off GOA, are people only allowed to post comments backing up my posts (and slagging them off)?

Forums are for discussion, and if you dont like it, I suggest you dont post in the first place...

For my next Topic... Spurs are the best team in the world, and no one can disagree... otherwise you are a goblin.. sorry.. greenskin..sorry troll!

Waaaugh! :lol:

Urrunoa

Fledgling Freddie
Beside that they were badly organised and unprepared the only real blame I think to make is the way they communicate! Good customer service requires that you give information fast and reliable. Tell people imediately when things go wrong, talk about solutions only when you sure about them, and do not pretend. Non of this was complied to, we got late or non information, misleading statements and it was obviously that they had not their act under control.

But we also saw over the last week that they definately trying, they tried to communicate, even if late and with bad information. They trying to offer service and own up to their failures, 7 days compensation offer, prelonged OB times.

What I personally wish for is that we get told on the spot when things go wrong, and please only advise of fixes once you sure about them, saying will be up in an hour and 4 hours later we are still waiting is a waste of our time. Saying we have no clue when it will be up we will advise as soon as we know, gives us the choice to hang around and waste our time or do something else, leading to happy customers.

In the end if GOA does not learn, we have the choice to play in the US or something else, would be an absolute shame with the game looking so good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom