[RANT] goa : half dead servers need sorting out pls !

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
so the whole point is, you level through questing/PQs and doing rvr

thats nice

until there is almost noone on the servers, and you have to end up grinding pq mobs to get your lvls completed.

if you arent going to bother clustering/merging servers at a half decent rate*, can we not at least have something like a 30% xp bonus from mobs to compensate for the stuff were missing out on ?

some news on this would be really nice btw - i heard its a case of "merge those 5 into those 5, then stop that merge, and start a new set of 5 - 5" rather than do all at once, if thats the case, cant you just speed it up a bit? or there is going to be a very small bunch of people left on the lower pop servers to move ...

/edit
1- karag orrud , but i know its not isolated :)
2- i know there is rvr at 40, thats nice, but the people who arent 40 yet are suffering

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
What he said. I've kind of given up on playing at the moment, not least because there's simply nobody to play with.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Ditto, I let my sub lapse after the end of the free period because I wasn't getting enough time to play and, when I did get enough time, there wasn't anyone around to play with.

Scenarios are just taking too long to pop on Orrud.

Toel

Loyal Freddie
Yeah, I haven't played for quite a while myself really, this being one of the main reasons. Last night however I rolled a KotBS on KEP and played for a good while, had loads of fun there, doubt I'll ever be going back to Axe Bite Pass. Despite having some high-level toons there.

"Edit", might aswell be rerolling now, while the game is young. :)

Frozenheart

Fledgling Freddie
No wonder the server is less populated ... you answered your own rant there ... you are playing less because of low pop, everyone thinks the same .. ergo less people on the server *rolls eyes*

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Plenty of peeps on Karak Hirn in all tiers, you won't find many in orvr below T4, but there is the occasional keep take and scenarios are quite regular for T1-T3. That being said, it is increasingly obvious that below T4 the population is definitely dropping (10-15 in scenarios per side instead of 15-20 etc), which is what happens i guess when players level...

Perhaps this is a fundimental design flaw for WAR, eventually as the game seems to be attracting very few new players, levelling through T1-T3 might end up being a solo pve affair as once people hit 40, thats it. People will always have alts ofc, but how long before those alts level out of tiers? You can't turn the xp gain off afaik, so, unlike DAoC, you'll not be able to keep a toon in a tier and it's a bit of a pain to re-roll a new char every time as was the case in DAoC as none of the equipment is transferrable.

I like this game, but i doubt it will ever attract enough players to populate the servers properly and as such, in a game where pvp is king, with no "p's" you can't have much pvp going on.

Has anyone seen any evidence of Warhammer being advertised in the media? I certainly haven't, conversely i have been very aware of the new WoW expansion, even though i don't play that game.

Surely they should be pushing this game like crazy, with a giant like EA behind them, i wonder why were not seeing the title plastered all over the place a-la WoW? Personally i'd be intrigued to know why, when the population has nosedived so much since release, no-one in the EA-Mythic arena seems in the least bit concerned about the increasingly evident failures of this game to attract and sustain player numbers.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Has anyone seen any evidence of Warhammer being advertised in the media? I certainly haven't, conversely i have been very aware of the new WoW expansion, even though i don't play that game..

I have seen 2 page adds in magazines about Warhammer as well as WoW.

Never on TV (WAR or WoW). Never in stands in gameshops (WAR or WoW).

Gahn

Resident Freddy
They might as well fix the high level content, Fortress Sieges and tremendous inefficiency of the client in large fights before advertising tbh.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Yep it sucks, I was so bored yesterday during my day off as I couldnt pvp on my BW or any of my alts I made a alt WhiteLion, she is now almost lvl 10 and hasnt stepped foot in a scenario. Even at peak time by BW sees maybe 2 - 3 SP games, only RvR that is going on is the handful of lvl 40 Order players being steamrolled by a massive zerg of destruction people.

My sorc on K8P however is only lvl 6 and is RR6! T1 scen's constantly popping on that server even during weekday daytime.

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
We hear you guys. We really do. We are well aware that for many of you the population on your main server isn't as high as you would like it to be.

I'm afraid I do not have any new information from the character transfer front at the moment, sorry.

We're working on it and as soon as there is more info it'll be up on our site.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I saw an advert in the magazine I read, was a single page mess which looks like it was created by the work experience lad. No in-game footage just a picture of a ginger bloke in a dress with some other poorly rendered characters. Not exactly going to draw in the crowds is it? There was even a claim of 750,000 players (lol)

Cheap and nasty all the way through.

(sorry to mention it again) but a few pages further in there was a nice big double page advert with decent screen shots and all the info you need for a large competitors expansion.

pro vs ignorant amateur at the end of the day.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
No wonder the server is less populated ... you answered your own rant there ... you are playing less because of low pop, everyone thinks the same .. ergo less people on the server *rolls eyes*

Ok...so you ve proven you understood his frustration...now would you mind to come up with a _practical_ solution?

Mabs, I went from Orrud to 8Peaks about a month ago when the population problems started. I miss my toons and dont like to play order, but rerolling on a healthy server was still the right thing to do and you ll get to tier4 in no time anyway. Having to cope with coneheadshemales and ponies is hard tho.

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
We hear you guys. We really do. We are well aware that for many of you the population on your main server isn't as high as you would like it to be.

I'm afraid I do not have any new information from the character transfer front at the moment, sorry.

We're working on it and as soon as there is more info it'll be up on our site.

IUts not as high as we would like ? dude its no exsistent. I think you guys better oull your fingers out and start sorting these kinds of things out instead of wasting your time on new classes and statues in Altdorf.

We cant play the game, because some idiot at GOA thought it would be a good idea to have 600 servers, and now I am stuck with a R40 char who basically camps Altdorf and does nothing else because the population isnt there.

Soon the people that are gonna leave the servers, and they arent neccessarily gonna reroll on another server. I dont mind playing and lvling alts but Im not gonna reroll on another server and get myself to 40 AGAIN because GoA cant be bothered to fix a problem they have created.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
I must admit it`s an issue atm, though people are not helping themselves by not playing cos no one else is.. BAAAaaa...

Totally agree though unless you sort out some transfers soon we will see more mass migrations back to WoW or whichever game fotm right now. The destruction pop on orrud wednesday night was 178, my guild making up 10% of that number, thats just wrong and not healthy.

Please do something before it`s too late!

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
I must admit it`s an issue atm, though people are not helping themselves by not playing cos no one else is.. BAAAaaa...

Totally agree though unless you sort out some transfers soon we will see more mass migrations back to WoW or whichever game fotm right now. The destruction pop on orrud wednesday night was 178, my guild making up 10% of that number, thats just wrong and not healthy.

Please do something before it`s too late!

Karak-Dron, /who 40 at primetime on Wednesday - eight results, I think there were about 16 people between lvl 30 -40 on Wednesday when I was looking. really sucks.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Agree with Case on this, if it makes you feel better they're having the same issues on some of the US servers and are probably going to be merging quite a few of them in the coming months. As with most people I'm just worried it might be a bit too late by then.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Agree with Case on this, if it makes you feel better they're having the same issues on some of the US servers and are probably going to be merging quite a few of them in the coming months. As with most people I'm just worried it might be a bit too late by then.

qft

i dont doubt goa are working on it, im just worried by the time its sorted, that people will have got disheartened and upsticks and buggered off elsewhere, which would be a crying shame

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie

Agreed.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
qft

i dont doubt goa are working on it, im just worried by the time its sorted, that people will have got disheartened and upsticks and buggered off elsewhere, which would be a crying shame

Come join us on Destruction - Karak Hirn mate ;)

M

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
qft

I know, the US community is also rather annoyed by the delay in merging servers. Mythic are quick to patch any faults and generally pretty good at support but they've been fairly weak in offering character transfers from/to servers that will actually make a difference. The generally consensus is that they need to stop offering character transfers and just merge servers completely.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I know, the US community is also rather annoyed by the delay in merging servers. Mythic are quick to patch any faults and generally pretty good at support but they've been fairly weak in offering character transfers from/to servers that will actually make a difference. The generally consensus is that they need to stop offering character transfers and just merge servers completely.

Absolutely right.

Char transfers are only any use if the player making the move can see a destination server which has a better population and everyone is focussed onto a few chjoice servers, the low/med/high could mean anything so many transfers will be aimless.

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Vote with your feet and cancel.

That's what I did when EU servers in DAoC died.

And then I started playing again on US (because at that point I still wanted to play the game).

Get my point?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Karak-Dron, /who 40 at primetime on Wednesday - eight results, I think there were about 16 people between lvl 30 -40 on Wednesday when I was looking. really sucks.

Last time I logged in was prime time on a Sunday evening, and /who showed 6 people on the Destruction side of Orrud.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Thats really not true Svartmetall, we had 15 online in guild sunday night. It`s bad enough as it is without people trying to make it sounds worse than it is aswell :)

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Vote with your feet and cancel.

That's what I did when EU servers in DAoC died.

And then I started playing again on US (because at that point I still wanted to play the game).

Get my point?

Things aren't any better on the US servers though.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Thats really not true Svartmetall, we had 15 online in guild sunday night. It`s bad enough as it is without people trying to make it sounds worse than it is aswell :)

I said 'a' Sunday, not last Sunday :p This was about 3 weeks ago or something...I'm very attached to this game, and I'd be the last person to make anything wrong with it sound worse than it might actually be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom