[RANT] goa : half dead servers need sorting out pls !

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
dont want to reroll, ill stay and play or quit where i am , ta anyway :D

Na Mabs matey - come to Karak Hirn Destruction! :D

Glema

Fledgling Freddie
Last time I logged in was prime time on a Sunday evening, and /who showed 6 people on the Destruction side of Orrud.

/who currently seems to show only people in the same zone as you. Need to give it some parameters to include the other zones

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
I can only imagine they're holding out for some kind of "Christmas rush" before they finally decide that the situation is actually screwed and do something about it.

What we really don't need is for GOA or Mythic or whoever is responsible for such decisions to kneejerk in response to complaints and screw things up even more, cos as has already been pointed out, that's pretty much why we're in the current situation on some servers.

Sure there were queues on the most popular of servers, but creating a rash of new servers and slapping an XP/RP bonus on them within a fortnight of release when most people hadn't risen far above R20 was a trifle silly.

What GOA/Mythic need to consider doing in the first instance is applying a 50% XP/RP bonus to any character I roll. That should buy them some breathing space.

HerculesPluto

Fledgling Freddie
daoc at its height had 2 servers only, with excal being nicely full, cram war servers into 3 or 4 imo

Tiani

Fledgling Freddie
Half shelved my R40 Bright Wizard until GoA do something about my dead server, currently leveling a Sorc on one of the Med pop server with XP bonus she is lvl 12, more RvR action in T1/T2 than T4 on my main server.

Sucks!

NicGOA

English WAR Community Manager
Hey all.

Just a heads up we aim to announce the next phase of character transfers later today. This news will include the new Origin/Destination list as well as the starting date and time of Phase II.

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
I've shoved my Swordmaster from Axe Bite to Karak Hirn, hoping to start my guild again too. What I like about this game is that I can play either Order or Destruction and not feel like I'm missing anything. The urge to grind my main up to max level just isn't there as I'm having loads of fun in the lower tiers.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I've shoved my Swordmaster from Axe Bite to Karak Hirn, hoping to start my guild again too. What I like about this game is that I can play either Order or Destruction and not feel like I'm missing anything. The urge to grind my main up to max level just isn't there as I'm having loads of fun in the lower tiers.

I bet your enjoying yourself on Hirn though :p one of the best servers there is tbh!!!

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Has anyone seen any evidence of Warhammer being advertised in the media? I certainly haven't, conversely i have been very aware of the new WoW expansion, even though i don't play that game.

saw some on the back of a fag packet once, think it said if the smoking doesnt kill you, the lag will...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Has anyone seen any evidence of Warhammer being advertised in the media? I certainly haven't, conversely i have been very aware of the new WoW expansion, even though i don't play that game.

There are a couple of (so bad they're tragic) single pages ads in the UK PC gaming magazines. Just pictures of a few badly rendered classes with a shitty sound bite and a rather interesting quote that implies 750,000 people are already playing WAR, when clearly they aren't. Thats it, no screen shots, no game features, it could well be an advert for an RTS. Conversely WoW has double page spreads with screen shots and facts about the game, it makes it look interesting and draws the customer in.

Not seen a single TV add for WAR, plenty for WoW though.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
There are a couple of (so bad they're tragic) single pages ads in the UK PC gaming magazines. Just pictures of a few badly rendered classes with a shitty sound bite and a rather interesting quote that implies 750,000 people are already playing WAR, when clearly they aren't. Thats it, no screen shots, no game features, it could well be an advert for an RTS. Conversely WoW has double page spreads with screen shots and facts about the game, it makes it look interesting and draws the customer in.

Not seen a single TV add for WAR, plenty for WoW though.

Google "mmorpg" and see what comes up as the sponsored link and on the related list ;)

Oh, and greetings from sunny Abington :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
I have seen 2 page adds in magazines about Warhammer as well as WoW.

Never on TV (WAR or WoW). Never in stands in gameshops (WAR or WoW).

you havent seen those commercials for WoW where Mr-T is frontfigure etc? :) I'ven seen quite abit of WoWcommercials last months tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom