GOA give us Classic Server!!!

Gribz0r

Fledgling Freddie
A new server doesn't have to cost much. Just nuke Camlann. Daoc is not designed for pure PvP.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
i like how people against this server are syaing it will lower the population on the other servers. so? people pay to play on the server they want, not to play to increase the rvr on your server, just as people argue that they pay to play how they want and to rvr/pve how they want, not how they should/you want them to.

if the majority of people wnted a none toa server or even a minority, and goa can gain profit from it then why dont they install it? i mean if you think its better for people to play on excal/pryd because it boosts YOUR rvr experience but they want a none rvr server which will boost there own rvr experience and thats hwat they are after since they pay then why should you stop them? <shrug>

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
UK low pop is GOA's fault.

And if GOA couldn't even manage to provide a co-op server, what makes you think they'll manage this silly *fingers in ears* "la la la TOA never happened la la la" server?

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Gribz0r said:
A new server doesn't have to cost much. Just nuke Camlann. Daoc is not designed for pure PvP.

well the same could be said by nuking pryd or excal and force those players to pick one real on hte opposite server freeing upa server for classic server.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Darksword said:
people pay to play on the server they want, not to play to increase the rvr on your server
And with clustering, that's what's going to happen - everyone's choice will be dictated by the "I want more people to gank" RvR-aholics who were so rabidly screaming for clustering.
force those players to pick one realm
Guess what? New players will be forced to pick one realm, and one realm only.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:

And if GOA couldn't even manage to provide a co-op server, what makes you think they'll manage this silly *fingers in ears* "la la la TOA never happened la la la" server?
i think its abit different tho i know you want pve servers but you can already pve as much as you want etc.... difference with the "new" servers are that they would probably "maybe bring" back old daocers that felt toa ruined the game.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Z^^ said:
i think its abit different tho i know you want pve servers but you can already pve as much as you want etc.... difference with the "new" servers are that they would probably "maybe bring" back old daocers that felt toa ruined the game.
given it's a start from scratch server anyway I think a lot of them will have gone to the US no-toa servers.

popa

Fledgling Freddie
i remember like 3-4 year ago SOE made some campaigns and giving free ever quest cd+1 month free whit alot of PC magazine
btw goa dont give a free trial

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
popa said:
i remember like 3-4 year ago SOE made some campaigns and giving free ever quest cd+1 month free whit alot of PC magazine
btw goa dont give a free trial

Just thought Id chime in, yes they DO. one or two issues ago the largest gamer mag in the UK carried a 15 day free trial.

But yeah everyone around here who is thinking about how nice a non-toa server would be should just go now. Download the free trial. Lag is minimal from the UK considering the server load. If you really like it just buy a cata CD-Key online for about £20 and voila! you have everything you need. The first week so far has been very enjoyable, it will be interesting to see how this server matures.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Went onto one of the "classic" servers this weekend courtesy of a free 10 day "we want you back" subscription.

Throughout Sunday the population was about 2500, approximately 700 of them were albs, re-rolled to hib there were over 1200 of them.

The most popular classes on Albion seemed to be Necromancers and Clerics (and a fair few of them's names ended with the word "bot" - so much for discouraging buffbots!). Vampires seemed to be the most popular in hibbyland.

For a server only a few days old Alb had already lost one of their keeps and surrounding towers to Hibs.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Malcolm said:
Throughout Sunday the population was about 2500, approximately 700 of them were albs, re-rolled to hib there were over 1200 of them.

600 mids? unfortunately no, Midgard is the highest populated realm. The population on sunday after about 2pm was pretty much stuck on 3500. Very hard to log in if you ld :(

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
I was on a fair bit earlier than then. Maybe hibs are early risers ;)

Dallas

Fledgling Freddie
I like it so far, a good tip tho, dont read vnboards if you do, its like FH on steroids :p

But if you have some m8s thats up for going, you should, im there with 7 others and enjoy it alot, as chim said its also funny meeting other EU people wich there actually are quite a bunch from, gotten a bunch of pms from exc people so far :)

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
starting there tonight with fg, I'm the only person in that fg who currently has an active EU subscription (and we are all "from camlann"). Atleast seems like theres been LOTS of interest from people who have quit daoc.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Why not wait about 3 months and see what happens to US's ones before, will they stay at full pop for yonks to come? or full down to like 300 pop? Lets wait and see what happens before demanding things for here. :)

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, I always thought the best thing GOA could do would be to introduce some national competition. So have a german realm, french realm and english realm all on one server (have to assign realms ofc) and watch the fur fly.

As for a none toa server on eu, well doubt it'll happen. As has been said earlier, those of us who want to try it, will try it on US.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Svartmetall said:

Your moans always seem to boil down to the simple truth that not enough people wanted a co-op server.

Shadowen

Fledgling Freddie
I still don't understand why they didn't poll on this idea.

Coop server - like gatheris + Add guild warring..

Now you don't have to worry about realm balances, And you can fight over who controls the most keeps (alliances).. Perhaps limit access to DF to the alliance that controls the most towers - if you want something to fight over.

regards
shadowen.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Neds some time to see how it pans out in US after all we had Camlann at 3500 and unable to log in for first two weeks....

Javai said:
Neds some time to see how it pans out in US after all we had Camlann at 3500 and unable to log in for first two weeks....

Still there is an obvious diffrence between camlann and us classic servers.

PPL don't like ToA so they go to US classic instead. The trade something they DO NOT like vs something the DO LIKE. Ofc some ppl are only there to troll about and check out the old stuff ( wierd huh? ), but the pop drop won't be even close to what happend to the PvP servers.
Well thats my teory atleast :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom