Siktifil_Pis_Siker

Fledgling Freddie
GOA give us Classic Server!!!
GOA give us Classic Server!!! :twak:

Septina

Part of the furniture
This has been brought up a million times before and from what i remember, they cant do anything without approval from mythic.

Oh and..... IBTL!!!! :)

Septina

Part of the furniture
only on these types of threads :< and maybe in the occasional +1 purpose... and sometimes when i'm bored...... hmm, guess you're right :(

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Not going to happen (hopefully). There's not even enough players to fill two English servers (Camlann is dead), so a fourth English language server won't happen. Maybe a German or French version, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an English one.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:
Not going to happen (hopefully). There's not even enough players to fill two English servers (Camlann is dead), so a fourth English language server won't happen. Maybe a German or French version, but I wouldn't hold my breath for an English one.

tbh, think I'd be happy with a german one :)

agree with that the playerbase is too small for an english one sadly :<

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
No Classic server plz.
Fix ToA instead so it doesn't annoy so many in the player base.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Gazon said:
No Classic server plz.
Fix ToA instead so it doesn't annoy so many in the player base.

send feedback to Mythic about it then, not much GOA really can do about TOA specifically.

And why would it matter if a classic server was added? Dont play it if you dont like it.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
And why would it matter if a classic server was added? Dont play it if you dont like it.
Because it would temporarily cause a lot of players to check it out, killing the RvR on the other two English servers. Despite you playing it or not.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Deepflame said:
Because it would temporarily cause a lot of players to check it out, killing the RvR on the other two English servers. Despite you playing it or not.

and people checking out a new interesting ruleset is a bad thing? :eek:

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Just two points.

1) There was a poll on the GoA website about which type of servers players wanted, I believe (and dont quote me) that Euro players didnt want a Non-TOA server, they wanted more ganking and home invasion where you level a toon to 50, invade another realm then have your character deleted and the servers reset for the next round (personaly.... no thanks)

2) If there was a non-ToA server, it would almost certainly follow the lines of Camlan, the server would be in the english language, but players would form their own guilds based on country, communications would be as ripe as Camlan (personaly... no thanks again) If I wanted to play a non-ToA server, id go play on the USA servers, but I dont :)

ToA isnt that bad at all, within two weeks Ive leveled my toon from 40-50 completed 4 master levels, and got 3 artifacts. If your not afraid to run a raid/encounter then ToA is easy.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
Just two points.

1) There was a poll on the GoA website about which type of servers players wanted, I believe (and dont quote me) that Euro players didnt want a Non-TOA server, they wanted more ganking and home invasion where you level a toon to 50, invade another realm then have your character deleted and the servers reset for the next round (personaly.... no thanks)

2) If there was a non-ToA server, it would almost certainly follow the lines of Camlan, the server would be in the english language, but players would form their own guilds based on country, communications would be as ripe as Camlan (personaly... no thanks again) If I wanted to play a non-ToA server, id go play on the USA servers, but I dont :)

ToA isnt that bad at all, within two weeks Ive leveled my toon from 40-50 completed 4 master levels, and got 3 artifacts. If your not afraid to run a raid/encounter then ToA is easy.

it isnt so much the actual stupid grinding involved that would make me play a noTOAserver, I simply dont like what MLs did for RVR, some stuff is grossly overpowered and affects balances in a really crappy way and damages/ranges did go through the roof totally with all the new bonuses aswell. That is for me a larger reason to choose that servertype.

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Well when Excalibur gets 3500+ players primetime, be my guest and make a classic server. Till that time, I'd rather have at least a bit filled RvR (givf cluster ;-) )

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla Monkor said:

Saw that us servers had pretty low population even tho they had clustered servers, rest of the servers kinda died when the classic ruleset servers came in it looks like on camelotherald.com. All rvr people went to the classic ruleset servers and all roleplayers stayed for pve in their homeserver.
Same thing would probably happen in europe, all rvr people would rush to the classic ruleset servers and leave the pve'ers behind on their own server, thus creating a rvronly server(hopefully), i myself wouldn't mind if they put pryd and exc down for 2-3 english classic ruleset servers.

Imagine alot of people would come back to daoc for classic ruleset server on europe, think we could fill maybe two servers, easilly one, if they make one or two classic servers like camlann, ie for uk+french+german it would rox even more, imagine killing clueless germans :OD

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Like the PvP servers, everyone in the US rushed there to do pidgoen impressions, coo coo etc etc. Like PvP though, whos to say how long it lasts. Yes a lot will go to start, but how long before they miss their high RRs, ML abilities and Artifacts, not long me thinks. Its just going to be another novelty and yet another dead server.

Im sure some will enjoy it, but what you say about the PvE'ers is wrong, without them you have no TG gear, which pre-toa became essential to peoples templates. No LGM crafters at first also means no templates, no cash, no drops, no PL... the grind will really piss some off again, and starting at RR1 will also depress the hardcore RVRers, and bore the casual players who have already spent a huge amount of their free time getting RRs and MLs etc on the regular servers.

WoWittes claimed "we'll never be back!!", yet gradually they got bored, and have returned of left that game too, I think this will happen on any level. I dont know how many french / german / spanish and Italians play on Camlann, but Im guessing not many due to the language barrier, and I think another English ruleset system will have the same effect, where they prefer their native people to another all English server.

Its a novelty, give it 2 months then judge the server figures.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
I agree with what that there bloke above me said.....

Novelty value atm.

popa

Fledgling Freddie
if u are a TOA lover how come no1 of u give 4 free scrolls help on encounter how come u dont help ppl on toa ml raids how come some of u "steal" artis
i not a toa lover but U who suport toa even dont bother too convence me that toa is good ( o w8 camping golm whit bufed pets give u fast money oo ya toa is good )

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
popa said:
if u are a TOA lover how come no1 of u give 4 free scrolls help on encounter how come u dont help ppl on toa ml raids how come some of u "steal" artis
i not a toa lover but U who suport toa even dont bother too convence me that toa is good ( o w8 camping golm whit bufed pets give u fast money oo ya toa is good )

Your obviously playing in the wrong guild.

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
With there being a free trial on the US servers I'd guess most folks who really wanted to play the server have already gone there? I know I did! :)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
What deepfat says really, there is no point for goa to make a classic server. The ones who really want to play under this ruleset, have already started or will start soon in the US. X amount of $$ to buy a US account is no big deal anyway

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Siktifil_Pis_Siker said:
GOA give us Classic Server!!! :twak:

agreek!
now gifve u french *****

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
hmmmm no thanks, clustering inc to prydwen/excal dont wanna miss more ppl,

imho wait 2-3 months, lets see what happens in us + we will have cluster experience, then GOA should do a poll bout it maybe. About the language barrier, yea right dont think non_toa ENGLISH would "block" as many germans/french ppl as a german / french only would :S

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
and people checking out a new interesting ruleset is a bad thing? :eek:

Step 1. Half the people go to play on classic servers.
Step 2. Regular server pop halves.
Step 3. Regular server ppl, who cba to start over on classic, /cancel because of low pop so regular server pop drops even more.
Step 5. Classic players get bored of classic and /cancel or go back to regular.
Step 5. People who come back from classic find only very low pop regular servers and /cancel
Step 6. DaoC dead

In short: the total DaoC pop is too low to populate both the regular and the extra servers. The influx of new players and players coming back will not suffice to compensate for the number of people quitting because of the low pops on regular servers.

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:

Camnlann is dead coz it sucks hard. Its an add/leech/emote fest. I think they should bring that server, since if they only bring 1 and make it english, the germans, spanish, italian and the french, will come to it. So it'll be filled up.

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
Gazon said:
Step 1. Half the people go to play on classic servers.
Step 2. Regular server pop halves.
Step 3. Regular server ppl, who cba to start over on classic, /cancel because of low pop so regular server pop drops even more.
Step 5. Classic players get bored of classic and /cancel or go back to regular.
Step 5. People who come back from classic find only very low pop regular servers and /cancel
Step 6. DaoC dead

In short: the total DaoC pop is too low to populate both the regular and the extra servers. The influx of new players and players coming back will not suffice to compensate for the number of people quitting because of the low pops on regular servers.
haha

D0000000000000000m!!!!!!!!!11111111111111
D0000000000000000m!!!!!!!!!111
11111111111D0000000000000000m!!!!!!!!!1111
1111111111D0000000000000000m!!!!
!!!!!11111111111111D000000000
0000000m!!!!!!!!!11111111111111D000
0000000000000m!!!!!!!!
!11111111111111D0000000
000000000m!!!!!!!!!11111111111111

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
US population raised to hell.

BUT the old rvr servers died.

Now at peak time:
Lamorak (Capped 3500 Ppl not everyone can log on)
Gareth(capped 3500 ppl not everyone can log on)
Merlin 1400sh (used to be way over 2.2K)
Ector (1300ish third nontoa server)
Lancelot(used to be 2nd highest around 1900 mark. now bout 800ppl)

Non toa is huge. the lag is horrible on peak times because of 3.5K online.

but worth it ? HELL YEAH Im exploring hibernia myself since lvl 1. I love it I play a fun class. perhaps overpowered on this server but I got forced to =]

Get a free week trial from mythic. try the mythic servers.

1. Mythic servers lags less even for a european and a swede myself (not counting 3500 ppl online servers because thats server shizle lag)
2. Mythic says they bring servers down 3 hours. tehy are back up withint 1.5 hours. then brought down for reboot 1 hour later. then all fixed. (works for me =])
3. Many yanks are ze stupido. vn makes em look bad. many are just damn nice. and funnay on Vent ^^
4. Meeting europeans on the Us servers is super nice :)

Cya buddies of r0x :p

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Z^^ said:
Gif Clustering already meights!11

Low pop bothering you too? :touch:
Even we are losing players to US classic servers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom