GOA do they have support?

Kindle said:
No why? I tell you why: We players are PAYING CUSTOMERS with promise of SUPPORT.. Thats why...But afaik GoA dont know shit about what they are doing, what so ever..

arse and bollocks is all i can say to that statement.. when i had a problem it was sorted.. the only time ive been let down by GOA was this last incident with my account when it took 6days and Zenythe to intervene to get it sorted.. you seem to be under the illusion they have a staff force the size of the american servers, well they dont.... a lot of this isnt GOa's fault because theyre not allowed to make changes to game code like mythic can on-the-fly so to speak... GOA have to work with the version they have and the limited tools that theyre given by Mythic.. stop whining...

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
No, dont be silly.
The "official" support is via rightnow. However if you want fast instant ingame support when theres no GMs in game. You pretty much have to do that. IRC isn't that bad as long as you have a brain and a bit of common sense when you use it. You are also exactly right, you pay to play you dont pay to get support, support is usually included as a "freebie" and is funded by other things than your subs.

Tilda

I have both a brain and common sence , but dont want the crap on my comp anyways , just like I dont want msn........... Imho that shows EXCACTLY I have both...

Ehhh if the bleeding game aint working , then I cant play , ergo am I not getting my money's worth.. If you think making sure the game actualy works is something I get for free as an " xtra " and should be happy about... well then your WAY of track imho.. you cant expect peopel to pay for a service they aint getting , and dont give me now shid about " then do something ell's ingame " its bleeding hard enough to get those silly ml's done as it is without any bugs. I've been lucky so fare and only had to rely on RightNow once , but I would gladly pay a few euro more , on all of my 4 account , to get ingame GM's around the clock , like I had in UO....

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
There's no reason to be rude about it...

I was not being rude, if I was to unleash the true horror of my rudeness all my spells would be resisted by a moderator. I merely replied to your post as I found it. If you don't like peoples replies think more about your post before typing it. Now enough with this.

To those game fans who flame people who expect something better or new: Keep flaming cause one day you might actually be the only members of the community left after you have driven those with constructive comments away.

I thought the original poster had a good logical common-sense approach, the chap or chapet raised an issue that concerned them and detailed the situation.

Now IRC, I don't like this program whatsoever. My advice would be if you know little or nothing about IT do not install it.

Personally I have never had a problem with Right Now as a customer service tool. However I have played other mmo's and have found the "ingame csr" very very handy, I don't have to log out and the problem is usually solved within 1min-hour or so of playtime and I can have pretty much instant communication with a rep.

I know for one of the first sets of ML raids old Kemor was on hand at night or just there watching in communication with reps or the raid leaders. Players spend a large amount of time on an ML and for it to bork up at the end cause of a bugged mob can be extremely irritating. For these situations an ingame CSR would be far more handy than a Rightnow report which takes a day or so.

All players want to do is play the game they enjoy smoothly, its been my experience (since the beginning of time) that ingame CSR works best to aid this process. As far as I am aware every single new mmo that will be launched in Europe will have this facility (please post if I am wrong as I am only certain with the blockbusters).

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Sorry this just isn't true. It was investigated and reset as soon as your initial report was recieved. I did it myself so I know that for a certainty.

Oh well wasn't reset when I checked it during sunday. Nor did your first answer say anything about you reseting the encounter. Only said that you are looking into it and reporting it to mythic, says nothing about what you did in-game. Anyway this is sorted from my side at least and I am happy that we might do 1 more ml4 attempt

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
The ignorance and retardness in quite a few posts is high in this thread. Oh and add stubborness to that. :m00:

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
The lack of in-game support for ToA encounters and the impact it would have was actually flagged up as an issue prior to ToA's launch in Europe.

As far as cost goes US has better support (it is frequently slated though) than Europe. More server choices as well.

I suspect it simply comes down to money.

As far as NCSoft's prices go they are comparable - remember all these games have options for longer periods. Also CoH and Lineage2 include expansion packs. Two major expansions so far for CoH since May - and Lineage2 has just had its first major expansion. major expansions as well and the in-game support is superb in my experience.

Comparing the price of DAoC to GuildWars will be difficult of course as this has no monthly fee but a charge for the expansions.

Anyone feel the need of a buff-bot by the way?

Cyfr

Banned
US is cheaper because of exchange rate afink. More for less, seems like a bargin to me :D

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Just mailed the following to Mythic.

"Hi again

I took a look at my notes and my reports to GOA. So far 1 problem has been solved(after a few days)

ML1.6 was and still is bugged. You have to camp it and get 1 hit in before the mob nukes himself to death. Can take a good while for the statue to repop and it stays up for about 2min before it kills itself.

ML3.10 Door was closed and locked so no one could enter for a few days. Had 2 ml3 raids canceled at last step.

ML4.7 Protal can't be opened as 1 head won't be unlocked. Had done 4.2 just to get the keys again to try a 2nd time. GoA said they would reset the encounter and still after 1 week after the report nothing has changed. 5/6 heads is turned and the last can't be targeted/unlocked.

ML7.7 Katori is in wrong room so you can't enter the maze as she agro anything/anyone that is trying to just get pass the room of flames. This was reported 2 days ago. Still no answer and we where wiped for the 3rd time just checking the encounter last night.

Stolen History
Step 11 on this quest can't be done as the Naxos guards hasn't spawned for 3 weeks. Have been in a long talk with Goa thru Rightnow. Thier answer is that they can't force the mob to spawn. What they can offer is to clear the quest history so I can restart the quest from the begining.

I hope you just don't send this to GoA as they allready got a thread or two about this on rightnow. I wounder how you plan to handle your game in europe.

Regards
Joakim"

Robot

Fledgling Freddie
I have to say that the customer service is nearly non existant in DAOC. Like others have mentioned about other mmporgs etc, i played UO which was kinda crappy for customer service, but it was a million times better then the crap we get through GOA. You would think with the money they make they would have a couple of staff on during the weekend atleast.

There bad service is going to give more people another reason to move to some of the new mmporgs coming out next year. The attitudes of GOA would seem that they think there is no other competition out there, if other companies are offering a good game with good service and a reasonable price then there will be many more leaving daoc.

Tilda

Phoebee-v- said:
Just mailed the following to Mythic.

"Hi again

I took a look at my notes and my reports to GOA. So far 1 problem has been solved(after a few days)

ML1.6 was and still is bugged. You have to camp it and get 1 hit in before the mob nukes himself to death. Can take a good while for the statue to repop and it stays up for about 2min before it kills itself.

ML3.10 Door was closed and locked so no one could enter for a few days. Had 2 ml3 raids canceled at last step.

ML4.7 Protal can't be opened as 1 head won't be unlocked. Had done 4.2 just to get the keys again to try a 2nd time. GoA said they would reset the encounter and still after 1 week after the report nothing has changed. 5/6 heads is turned and the last can't be targeted/unlocked.

ML7.7 Katori is in wrong room so you can't enter the maze as she agro anything/anyone that is trying to just get pass the room of flames. This was reported 2 days ago. Still no answer and we where wiped for the 3rd time just checking the encounter last night.

Stolen History
Step 11 on this quest can't be done as the Naxos guards hasn't spawned for 3 weeks. Have been in a long talk with Goa thru Rightnow. Thier answer is that they can't force the mob to spawn. What they can offer is to clear the quest history so I can restart the quest from the begining.

I hope you just don't send this to GoA as they allready got a thread or two about this on rightnow. I wounder how you plan to handle your game in europe.

Regards
Joakim"
Under what RN section did you put it?
<hint> technical is the wrong section :p
If you sent it under technical it goes somewhere else and time is lost when its re-routed to the right people.
You could always ask an E&E, im happy to take PMs here about encounters, dunno about the others though. Also, dont expect encounter resetting too much at weekends, GM's have lives too!!

Tilda

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
If you sent it under technical it goes somewhere else and time is lost when its re-routed to the right people.
You could always ask an E&E, im happy to take PMs here about encounters, dunno about the others though. Also, dont expect encounter resetting too much at weekends, GM's have lives too!!

Tilda

Tilda, i was there when this guy asked for help (or someone else ont he same ML4 raid on Camlan) it was in the mid afternoon at a weekend if i remmeber, no E&E replied to his calls for help on IRC

And i think everyone here agrees the GM's do a fine outstanding job - and yes they do have lives, no one expects one person to provide support on the servers all the time, but as the majority of people play the game evenings/weekens this is when support is desperatly needed, from what ive read on this post the problem is with GoA... not the GM's or E&E

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:

Tilda

They where all filed in under Add-on -> ToA. And I asked in E&E on ml3(one of them), ml4 and ml7 raid that was two days ago. So far nothing usefull has come out from GoA, RN nor E&E. :(

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Phoebee-v- said:
They where all filed in under Add-on -> ToA. And I asked in E&E on ml3(one of them), ml4 and ml7 raid that was two days ago. So far nothing usefull has come out from GoA, RN nor E&E. :(

Ive always put mine under Life on your server category, heard thats a sneaky way to get to the GM's quicker... but shhhhhhhh

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
well GoA support doesn't rate at all for me tbh.

after the GM account when walkies and they changed all the passwords , i had forgotten to change my email as i had a new one.
i contacted GoA, but all i got told was my details where wrong

I accepted this and i needed to change it , i gave them everyother detail i could.

again i get back the same email stating the same thing.

this ping pong action lasted 5 weeks, till i decided i'd bug a then E+E team member. he was kind enough to have a chat with a GM, who inturn contacted me. so after 9 weeks i finaly got my password, changed the details and away i went.

but basic CS with GOA doesn't exsist as far as i'm concerend

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom