GOA do they have support?

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
During this weekend me and my guild did a ml4 raid. We had some trubles with forrtress of storms as I play on camlann now days. All thou after a few hours of fighting back and fowarded we made the step and everyone was happy as the hard part was done. Rest of the steps of 4.1-4.6 was done quickly. The on 4.7 as we where suppose to turn the heads 1 head bugged and we turned the other five and got reward for the step anyway. The portal at the top of the pyramid didn't spawn as it is suppose to do. So there we sat a few fg's waiting for som response from GOA but nothing happened after 30min of waiting, appeal and rightnow was both sent. The raid was canceled. Today. 4 days after I posted to right now I got the following response:

"Greetings
Thanks you for the report. We are aware of the bugs within some of the encounters however we can make no changes to the game code so must wait for Mythic to get back to us with bug fixes. We understand that this is frustrating but we are working with the creators of the game to come up with fixes for these problems.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager"

^^This doesn't help the 1k+ players on camlann to finish ml4. This doesn't help us either to finish the step nor give us anything at all more then a response that says "shut up and enjoy what ever is working in the game". Many of those that was on the raid had taken time off from IRL, me one of them, as ml4 is one of the hardest to get enough people at the same time to do.

Just wounder if anyone else consider this to be crap for our game support. It makes you wounder where my cash goes every month.... :puke:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
well, GOA GM's have lives too, why should they sit in offices during weekends listening to whiners when they could be out drinking wine at le BBQ? ;)

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:
well, GOA GM's have lives too, why should they sit in offices during weekends listening to whiners when they could be out drinking wine at le BBQ? ;)

Well they should have biggest support active during primetime. Don't know many shops that is opened when thier clients isn't there to buy what ever they now offer.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
edit: nm doesn't look like a technical answer

If they're not able to login and fix your encounter for you at the time then there's not much that can be done.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
what did you file it under at RightNow?
any other category it would have gone to a GM.

Add-on->ToA as it is about the bugging ml4 on camlann. My orginal questions is as follows:
"ml4 raid failed due ml4.7 bugged. We had all stones and some in dubble copys. All but 1 head turned. So now we have to do the whole raid again cause we lost the gem as we turned the other 5 heads. You really don't want us to play this game or am I missing something? Look at the numbers of reports during the past few weeks."

I have mailed them 6 times since I changed to camlann, about 2 months ago. More then I did on excal during the 1.5 years I played there.

semanon

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

I disagree. They are supplying a service. You go to any MMO and u will be able to get in contact with an ingame GM at most times of the day. Apart from the obvious quiet hours (midnight to eightam). DAOC has the worse customer support of all the MMO type game I have played. they treat the customer with disrespect. All you have to do is read some of the responses some people have got from Right-now. Right-now my arse, more like Mabey-next-month.

The clock is ticking...

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Phoebee-v- said:
Add-on->ToA as it is about the bugging ml4 on camlann. My orginal questions is as follows:
"ml4 raid failed due ml4.7 bugged. We had all stones and some in dubble copys. All but 1 head turned. So now we have to do the whole raid again cause we lost the gem as we turned the other 5 heads. You really don't want us to play this game or am I missing something? Look at the numbers of reports during the past few weeks."

I have mailed them 6 times since I changed to camlann, about 2 months ago. More then I did on excal during the 1.5 years I played there.

bah nerf me taking forever to edit :) realised it wasn't a technical team answer after re-reading it.

Incidentally Mordred is hideously buggy when it comes to MLs too :( and it's on the latest US version.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
GOA dont think its worth providing support staff at weekends.

Its only recently we've managed to get any form of support available in the evenings.

The support folks do their best - but outside of their working hours you really just have to hope for the best. Pathetic but true.

Kindle

Fledgling Freddie
Ormorof said:

No why? I tell you why: We players are PAYING CUSTOMERS with promise of SUPPORT.. Thats why...But afaik GoA dont know shit about what they are doing, what so ever..

Kindle

Fledgling Freddie
Kindle said:
No why? I tell you why: We players are PAYING CUSTOMERS with promise of SUPPORT.. Thats why...But afaik GoA dont know shit about what they are doing, what so ever..

edit: See playNC and Blizzard.. They got insta hilf with gm's ingame.. Only time GoA actualy go into daoc is wenn closing the server for bether dl speed on french pron..

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
PlayNC and Blizzard also charge more for their games. In game CSR = More cash. GOA pay Mythic for the rights to DAoC, therefore we get it the same price as the US. You want to pay more for the game, fine, Im happy as is. US DAoC is also full of realtime bugs, and so some of the CSRs are also the developers who CAN alter the game code. GOA cannot do this.

How many of you try and contact an E&E via IRC or in game, not many, although the amount of ppl pm'ing me for assistance has been getting better. And Im happy to say around 80% of those who do either I can help with advice or try and contact a GOA member.

I dont know if there are any active E&E on Camlann, if not perhaps thats something that should be looked into, but as most ppl only play Camlann part time, its not going to be easy.

If you are that unhappy with the game, why are you still paying and playing? Or are you in the school of "when WoW comes i'll quit!!!", only to return a month later? (WOW will be £15 a month, including in game CSRs, so theres the price youll pay!)

Oh and its not GOA-lurv, we just see the sense of things.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
I feel the same about this, as posted on this forum yesterday we had 100+ people in a battle group

Erinys charm - bugged

then onto ML7 where Katorii was bugged

The only things you can do :-
Do a /who 100 (to see if any GM is online)
Look for an E&E in game or in the chat channel (i saw someone do this for the ML4 problem)
Log it on Rightnow and cancel your raid.

While the above does work in some circumstances, if we were to operate in my company with the same guidelines for a our paying customers - I would get the sack. I would say the majority of players play the game outside of office hours - yet these are the main hours you can't expect support.

Things are now WAY better than they were 2 years ago, our last ML6 raid was reset thanks to the E&E channel and them being able to contact a GM, but its far from ideal.

And before you slate me... yup i agree the GM's do a fine nad upstanding job, they clearly work harder than i do <grins> I just think the system imposted on them, sucks.

Before ToA, you rarely needed instant help... but with 100+ people on these daily raids... you DO !!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
And on the flip side, a bugged 5.7 was reset within seconds of us noticing today in the ML5 dungeon on prydwen albion, the services provided by the E&E and GM's are exceptional..... when we can find them.

<salute to Req for your help this evening>

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Phoebee-v- said:
Well they should have biggest support active during primetime. Don't know many shops that is opened when thier clients isn't there to buy what ever they now offer.

I agree with Phoebee-v-, GOA should have service available in primetime. This include evenings and weekends.
DAOC is like a store, just different. I cant tell my boss that Saturday is weekend and I cant work because many people shop in weekends too - just like many play in the weekends. But do the store closes? Nop, they have open when customers wanna shop.

HOWEVER. I have never encounted any bad situations with GOA. Though I havent been in many situations where I needed help. But those where I had we got it fast, etc. resetting encounters, porting ppl back to ml7 dungeon when they get abused of port bug etc.

Imo, instead of whining about GOA having bad customer support. Why dont you visit RightNow and suggest them to charge 5 euros more pr. account so we could get better customer support? I somehow doubt you would.

Only thing I dislike about GOA is their lag. Apparently it is an opentransist problem or so. But shouldnt take that long to fix.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
cemi0 said:
Imo, instead of whining about GOA having bad customer support. Why dont you visit RightNow and suggest them to charge 5 euros more pr. account so we could get better customer support? I somehow doubt you would.

Not going to happen - people wont pay more than the USA servers... for the same service (well actualy for less hehe)

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
If you guys were shop-assistants, would you stay in the shop the whole weekend (8-24) just to service paying customers? If you were factory workers would you stay in the factory 8-24 during weekends to make the product for the paying customers? Try to imagine YOU being a GM.. would you then stay at the office 8-24 during weekends to support stupid kids who constantly whine over the bugs instead of looking at ALL the things that aren't bugged? I really have a hard time imagining you would...

Try to focus on the positive things instead of dragging GM's through the mud every time things don't go the way YOU want it to go.. that's just the most selfish attitude one could display.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
Not going to happen - people wont pay more than the USA servers... for the same service (well actualy for less hehe)

heh, I actually pay less for my accounts in US now... so you already do pay more than USplayers do. ;)

oh and ingame CSR=teh win tbh..

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
If you guys were shop-assistants, would you stay in the shop the whole weekend (8-24) just to service paying customers? If you were factory workers would you stay in the factory 8-24 during weekends to make the product for the paying customers? Try to imagine YOU being a GM.. would you then stay at the office 8-24 during weekends to support stupid kids who constantly whine over the bugs instead of looking at ALL the things that aren't bugged? I really have a hard time imagining you would...

Try to focus on the positive things instead of dragging GM's through the mud every time things don't go the way YOU want it to go.. that's just the most selfish attitude one could display.

If this post was directed at my commets - please can you READ what I have written first rather than just jumping in

Tears said:
And before you slate me... yup i agree the GM's do a fine nad upstanding job, they clearly work harder than i do <grins> I just think the system imposted on them, sucks.

No one in their right mind would expect someone to work 24/7 - but when you operate a service that is being used 24/7 it would be prudent to provde accesible support especialy during the busy times, like i said above this is not directed at the GM's who do an amazing job - its directed at the person who made the policy of no in game CSR... and no support during peak times (weekend etc..)

My whole point which covers your quote above and to use your metaphore, shop staff should not be expected to work 24/7 in such an environment, but the company that owns the shop should provide cover to ensure the customers needs are met

Esoteric

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
If you guys were shop-assistants, would you stay in the shop the whole weekend (8-24) just to service paying customers?

My local supermarkets are now 24 hour shops except on Sunday and thats only because of the law. Its called rotating shift patterns! Oh and the price of a loaf of bread hasn't gone up to compensate for the extra opening times.

Im not going to delve into huge business quotations or models. However if you had even a smidgen of business aptitude you would understand that especially with global operations, factories are open 24 hours to produce items for their customers. Again rotating shift patterns.

Seriously go to college.

For any business its crucial to provide direct support to your customers at peak hours.

Anyway Ive voted with my wallet and quit but as I've said numerous times its more to do with all my friends quitting. It was begining to feel like I was the last penguin on the north pole waddling from icy wasteland to icy wasteland with the occasional penguin squeak looking for fellow black and white beings.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
Never asked for 24h 7 days a week support ingame. Just the fact that when you could see the server populotion grafs you could see that peak time is like 7 in the evening to around 2 in the night and during the afternoon on weekends. Could it be so hard to have active support, doesn't even have to be 1 for each server just someone that could help out when encounters are bugged and 24people+(I took a random number but when it is 3fgs or more I consider it to be a rather large raid). Now instead it took about 5 days and alot of angry words just to get Rightnow to reset the encounter. I can live with spending a few more hours doing this whole raid again but hard to explain to my IRL matters why I should take a 4h game time for something that I allready done.

Justicator

Fledgling Freddie
Tears said:

I actually pay less for my US account than I did for my euro one and Customer support is far more better here. Ingame support 4tw. :cheers:

Tilda

After the:
1 Look in game/BG for E&E/GM
add in a
2 Look on irc for E&E Theres someone around in the #E&E chan almost 24/7 and if we can, we'll get a GM to look at stuff.
I dont understand if youre so desperate to carry on with the raid, why you dont try irc?

Tilda

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
After the:
add in a
2 Look on irc for E&E Theres someone around in the #E&E chan almost 24/7 and if we can, we'll get a GM to look at stuff.
I dont understand if youre so desperate to carry on with the raid, why you dont try irc?

Tilda

Tilda, they did - i was sat in the E&E channel when he asked, no E&E was active there at that time

sorry.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Phoebee-v- said:
Now instead it took about 5 days and alot of angry words just to get Rightnow to reset the encounter.
Sorry this just isn't true. It was investigated and reset as soon as your initial report was recieved. I did it myself so I know that for a certainty.

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
Sorry this just isn't true. It was investigated and reset as soon as your initial report was recieved. I did it myself so I know that for a certainty.

PWND!!!! :clap: :clap:

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
After the:
add in a

Tilda

And what about us who would rather burn in hell than install IRC on our computers ??? Now we are forced to install a 3'rd party program to get surport on a game we pay to play... BULLLSHIT IMHO !!

Tilda

Damon_D said:
And what about us who would rather burn in hell than install IRC on our computers ??? Now we are forced to install a 3'rd party program to get surport on a game we pay to play... BULLLSHIT IMHO !!
No, dont be silly.
The "official" support is via rightnow. However if you want fast instant ingame support when theres no GMs in game. You pretty much have to do that. IRC isn't that bad as long as you have a brain and a bit of common sense when you use it. You are also exactly right, you pay to play you dont pay to get support, support is usually included as a "freebie" and is funded by other things than your subs.

Tilda

Jay

Fledgling Freddie
If you dont like it, dont play it. Run along to the US servers where the grass is greener. Then once you've realised that they have the exact same problems, come back and all will be forgiven.

And incidentally, feel free to blame Mythic for the lack of ingame support in Euro DAoC. There are legal issues surrounding the use of /appeal (and all commands attached to it, like /gc autoremove) and as such GOA cant make use of it.

It's high time players started trying to find out more about the subject of their complaints before whining about it. You'd be amazed at how seldom its GOA who are at fault and just how often its down to Mythic and their anal retentiveness surrounding the license agreement with GOA.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Esoteric said:
My local supermarkets are now 24 hour shops except on Sunday and thats only because of the law. Its called rotating shift patterns! Oh and the price of a loaf of bread hasn't gone up to compensate for the extra opening times.

Im not going to delve into huge business quotations or models. However if you had even a smidgen of business aptitude you would understand that especially with global operations, factories are open 24 hours to produce items for their customers. Again rotating shift patterns.

Seriously go to college.

For any business its crucial to provide direct support to your customers at peak hours.

Anyway Ive voted with my wallet and quit but as I've said numerous times its more to do with all my friends quitting. It was begining to feel like I was the last penguin on the north pole waddling from icy wasteland to icy wasteland with the occasional penguin squeak looking for fellow black and white beings.

There's no reason to be rude about it... I posted my opinion, and I might be wrong. But I for one wouldn't like to sit infront of my PC during the night looking for Rightnow mails from kids who have no patience and send multiple reports because they can't get their game to work etc. I've worked night shifts, I've worked evening hours, I've worked day time hours, I do know about shifts, but my point was what I stated above. Other than that I really don't care what you think or what you want to do with my reply, but I'm not gonna go wet my pants if an encounter is bugged during the weekend.. I'll send a rightnow report and go on with some other stuff.. daoc isn't my life you know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom