GOA Customer Support

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
I dont run a business but I'd imagine there are two important things you have to do

1 - outprice the market make a healthy profit

2 - keep your customers happy

maybe no2 should be first ?

ok heres the relevant problem

Mr X has a daoc account and plays occassionally. Like many people he upgrades to broadband or moves house and changes ISP. But like many people he has lost his doac sub details :(

so he writes to GOA and get an email saying give us your home address. and he waits. this repeats for five or six emails, still no joy. The TOA game is sitting there unactivated coz you cant log on to sub page and you cant cancel your sub because the bank wont let you.

its happened to me, its happened to mates and its probably happening to french people too, anyone else had similar experiences or can anyone offer advice on how to get GOA to get their shit together?

thankee.

rezzi rezzzalot

Fledgling Freddie
I share your frustration.

What happened to me was that i asked for a new subscription password for my second account. The first email i sent them was on march 30th. Since the emailadress that account was linked to isnt used by me anymore they couldt send it to one of the ones i use now. Fair enough i thought so i gave them the cd key home adress etc after that.
Mind you they claim to take 48/ 72 hours as a guideline between each reply, but i have found this tbh total nonsense 5 days sounds about right maybe even more than that. Than they claimed to have sent me the new sub password by poste. So what happens at that point is that if you dont ask a new question, actually put trust in them to solve it, give new info etc within 48 hours after that they put the matter on status solved even if they solved absolutely nothing;)
Well obviuosly i didnt get anything per poste and had to go through the whole route yet again. Than last week i got a new subscriptionpassword only to find out they gave me a new subcription password for my first account. I only told them 13 times which account it was;)
Tbh i got no clue what they are doing for their customers at all anymore nor do i trust the inteligence of GOA personnel. In fact i think that the average daoc player would probably do a hell better than any of GOA. :puke:

Grebneklaf

Fledgling Freddie
You should probaly blame all the accounts traders more than GOA, been a few tidbits of information from time to time that GOA is getting very paranoid when handing out passwords to people who say they have lost them.

Though i kinda agree with you, couse if this is the case here they should just come out and tell you straight that you aint getting it nomatter what

Herjulf

Banned
I agree GOA customer support is very very poor.
But they seem to think we like their customer support.
Dunno where they got that idea.

Aussie

Banned
I think they have some kind of priority list.
when you fill in your 'question' you have to put it in some kind of Category.

Pretty sure they are gonna handle all the 'bugs reports' before they are starting on 'problems on your server' (i.e. cry you stole my arti QQ)

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
angrysquirrel said:
I dont run a business but I'd imagine there are two important things you have to do

1 - outprice the market make a healthy profit

2 - keep your customers happy

maybe no2 should be first ?

ok heres the relevant problem

Mr X has a daoc account and plays occassionally. Like many people he upgrades to broadband or moves house and changes ISP. But like many people he has lost his doac sub details :(

so he writes to GOA and get an email saying give us your home address. and he waits. this repeats for five or six emails, still no joy. The TOA game is sitting there unactivated coz you cant log on to sub page and you cant cancel your sub because the bank wont let you.

its happened to me, its happened to mates and its probably happening to french people too, anyone else had similar experiences or can anyone offer advice on how to get GOA to get their shit together?

thankee.

I have the same problem. Im missing the subs for my main account. The account is paid for automaticly though so I don't have a problem there, but It would be nice to be able to change your details and to have the possibility to end my subscription.

I first contacted GOA about this the 22nd of march (this year :p) and they responded that they were going to send me new subs through ordinary mail. I waited for a while and contacted them again the 16th of april and got this reply:

Hello,

We will send you your confidential data by post area to the postal address registered in our database. You should receive them within a few days.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

Needless to say Im still waiting...

Yaemon

Fledgling Freddie
And angry.. I would say "taking care of your customers" becomes more and more irrelevant when you dont have any competition. People who have many chars and invested a lot of time in the game pay their subs anyway.

rezzi rezzzalot

Fledgling Freddie
Well i totally accept their priority list. However the way they treated my incident for example feels like doing stuff 3-4 times for 30% whereas one time actually reading what was requested would have done the job ;)

PJS

Fledgling Freddie
To sort of quote Pacino in The Recruit

RULE NO 1: DO .... NOT .... LOSE .... YOUR .... SUBS ..... PASSWORD

Once WoW and EQ2 are gnawing away at them their CS will improve like magic no doubt, amazing what potential unemployment is as an incentive :flame:

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
They politely Deleted my account, no email, no warning, no responce to Rightnow. Only found out when tryed renew payment, on logging into SUB page got msg

Account Deleted, please register for a new sub/game pass and username
see you in future.

Bellona

Banned
You can always go in your bank, and call money back that has been drawn from your account, atleast you can do that in my bank, in denmark. Did it once where a company took my money without sending me the stuff I ordered, so I went to the bank, got them to draw the money back, and suddenly the company could react and tell me that I needed to pay... in their dreams :)

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
same problem took 7 days to get a reply to activate my toa

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
Behmoth said:
same problem took 7 days to get a reply to activate my toa

i lost my sub stuff aswell, took 2 days to get it back... tip. tell them that you really wanna repay your acc cuz you wanna get back to leveling ^^ worked for me atleast...

Drevner

Fledgling Freddie
i sent a question to GoA regarding a ToA encounter once, and got a reply within about 8 hours of sending it...
cant really say why they take so long for some things and not so long for other, but chances are they are processed by different people and some people have more questions than others...

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
GOA Customer Support is an oxymoron, or at least a contradiction in terms.

Latest example is a mate who had a bugged step on his epic, took them 1 week to respond to his right-now post and 2 more weeks to do anything about it.

Why do we put up with non-existant CS, rediculously poor servers that crash at the drop of a hat, late patch updates that STILL havent caught-up after 2 years + and the general feeling that GOA simply dont give a damn, nor do Mythic?

The day that Wish/DE is finally released ill take great pleasure in telling them to politely kiss my ass.

Regards,
Disgruntled Cusomer

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Tallen said:
late patch updates that STILL havent caught-up after 2 years

The patches will never catch up, ever due to the fact they need to be worked on before they could go live here.
Although we aren't that far behind any more, approximately 2 versions which isn't bad + we get the joy of not having to beta test mythics bad code on the live servers which they do in the us.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
its fucked once took me 2 months of constant rightnow updating and shit to get a char un-deleted, in the end i gave up - still aint had it done.

But then few weeks ago a part of ml9 was bugged and they fixed it within 1 hour of me posting on rightnow....

i guess cuz that ml9 bug would effect 50+ people on raid later that day wheras un-deleting my char only effects 1.

fucking shit tho, they def got a priority system which is fair enuff except stuff at the top gets done in 1 hr and stuff at the bottom never gets done ever.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
GOA Customer Support is an oxymoron, or at least a contradiction in terms.

Latest example is a mate who had a bugged step on his epic, took them 1 week to respond to his right-now post and 2 more weeks to do anything about it.

Why do we put up with non-existant CS, rediculously poor servers that crash at the drop of a hat, late patch updates that STILL havent caught-up after 2 years + and the general feeling that GOA simply dont give a damn, nor do Mythic?

The day that Wish/DE is finally released ill take great pleasure in telling them to politely kiss my ass.

Regards,
Disgruntled Cusomer
Stop whining start canceling tbh. :p
And get alittle grip of reality and atleast compare ours servers to those of other MMOs.
Cheese? Sorry you wont get any! :p

Jacilja

Fledgling Freddie
Well 4th day since they simply DELETED my account, and even after sending a request via Rightnow ans subscrip email, Not one responce as to why they did it, or to even say it is a mistake!!!

Seeaira_Tempest

Fledgling Freddie
I had something like that happen last year. I had moved and gotten a new dsl provider so my e-mail was changed. I couldn't find my sub password to pay for the account so I e-mail them. it took them 1 weeks just to get back to me and give me a new password! lol
So I wrote them again and this time I was very detailed and used simple words that I knew the 12 year old people working there could read. 1 week later I got a reply that said they were mailing me the sub password. But wait.. I just moved and I told them this! lol Mailed them again... It took over a month before I got the letter in the mail and was able to renew my account. This is just unacceptable.

I could expect this if this was a free game, it would be like asking for a favor. But we are not asking for favors here, we pay them to do a job and in a timely manor just like everything else in this world. You would think they care about the costumers and would make this a top priority. Something needs to be done.

Ballade.

Banned
I left the game for 3 month and unsubscriped my accounts.
When I decided to start again, i tried to login to the hotmail account which i had my 2nd account sub password on ( only used this email to daoc). 60+ days of inactivity meant that the hotmail account had been deleted.
( this was after goa had virus/hacked whatever and sent out new subs for everyone, so my old sub didnt work ofc )

Messaged GOA through rightnow(rightnever) and told em about my situation.

almost a month later I recieved a reply that account trading was against the CoC yada yada, which mean that GOA either
a) dont understand english or
b) dont understand english

after 4 month of explanations, descriptions, details etc etc I actually talked to a goa employ through rightnever, and he told me he would send a new sub pass to my new email.

And so I waited a few more days and no email came, I went and checked rightnever and saw the same msg as 4months earlier.. account trading is against the Coc etc :twak:

After that, i just decided to give up, and bought another copy and screwed the old account.

Seeaira_Tempest

Fledgling Freddie
Ballade. said:
I left the game for 3 month and unsubscriped my accounts.
When I decided to start again, i tried to login to the hotmail account which i had my 2nd account sub password on ( only used this email to daoc). 60+ days of inactivity meant that the hotmail account had been deleted.
( this was after goa had virus/hacked whatever and sent out new subs for everyone, so my old sub didnt work ofc )

Messaged GOA through rightnow(rightnever) and told em about my situation.

almost a month later I recieved a reply that account trading was against the CoC yada yada, which mean that GOA either
a) dont understand english or
b) dont understand english

after 4 month of explanations, descriptions, details etc etc I actually talked to a goa employ through rightnever, and he told me he would send a new sub pass to my new email.

And so I waited a few more days and no email came, I went and checked rightnever and saw the same msg as 4months earlier.. account trading is against the Coc etc :twak:

After that, i just decided to give up, and bought another copy and screwed the old account.

LoL I had forgotten that they did the same thing to me. What is that? lol
I dont get them really, I have had to e-mail them a few times and they really just dont read. That or they get a kick out of pissing people off.
But it took a few e-mails before they understood what I wanted as well.. No speeeaky englishh or what??
:touch:

rezzi rezzzalot

Fledgling Freddie
Oki this morning i got really mad about the whole thing so i sent them email nr 26, in french this time and told them id either take legal actions or start collecting peoples grievances over this and send it all to mythic, or set up a customers website about it. Look around its seems this happens soo much lol.
At this point i dont really care about the possible fact i made it worse now. I simply want whats mine. :touch:

Chronictank

FH is my second home
1) Subs page being down was announced
2) Subs page comin up firday was announced
3) Subs page is now up

Visit www.camelot-europe.com for more info

Was rather annoyed myself since i had toa on my desk, but they did give notice so they did nothing wrong tbh

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Friday news is now up:

Error

The page you have asked for could not be found or is currently unavailable.

uber.

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
there is something seriously wrong with the subs atm, u cant pay ur account. if u request new passes only some ppl can see it something wrong with flash versions i think. i requested new sub pass read the email clicked the link got only a black box, and it doesent say anything

Seeaira_Tempest

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
1) Subs page being down was announced
2) Subs page comin up firday was announced
3) Subs page is now up

Visit www.camelot-europe.com for more info

Was rather annoyed myself since i had toa on my desk, but they did give notice so they did nothing wrong tbh

1) They said it would be up "tomorrow" meaning wed..
2) When they couldnt get it together by wed they posted it would be up fri.
3) The sub came back up today but will not work at all.

Visit https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=15829 for more info OFC

so tbh a lot is wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom