Science Global Warming / Climate Change

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Oh...does wood evaporate in heat? First I have heard!

You also don't need wood for a fire, unless you are a degenerate ofc.

Edit, I am not going to get into an argument about how best to dispose of a goat corpse, with an idiot...sorry.

But lets just say, shitting in your water supply and leaving corpses all over the place will give you cholera, that is what people are dying from.

Last edited:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Wow. It would seem the transition to born again greenie has made you a rather unplasant character to debate with - not sure if it's the saddle rash or permanent guilt, but try to tone it down in future eh?

Born again greenies don't occasionally browse Autotrader looking at old Porsche 928's, or Merc CL500s. Let's just say I'm not a fan of "business as usual".

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
those experts that we keep hearing about have changed their mind (due to piss poor decision making and piss poor "research").
No. The politicians made the wrong decision.

The "experts" told the politicians that diesel emits less CO2 but more particulate emissions and NOx.

Given the same advice from experts other areas of the world made a decision against diesels, but in Europe our politicians made a decision based on pure CO2 rather than particulates and NOx combined.

Personally, fuck the scrappage scheme payouts. Simply say "diesel motorcars will be illegal by 2028" - that gives eleven years to scrap the problem at no cost to the taxpayer and by then most people will have traded into a new car anyway as their cars'll be scrap.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
they are just sat there letting something which obviously happens every few years, happen to them again.
Should they migrate somewhere I wonder? Maybe somewhere with more water?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I will keep a healthy dose of scepticism for now. After all, that is how science is supposed to work.
Being a non-scientist you should suck down whatever the "experts" tell you like a hungry cum-guzzling slut - because for non-scientists that's how science is supposed to work.

Leave the scepticism to people who are qualified to be sceptical. We'll just follow the "accepted advice" - because "experts" prepare it for us after disagreeing amongst their eminently-qualified selves.

You know - experts like the expert statitician you turned to to make your point. Unless you just like to pick and choose the experts that express the views that you hold?

That's not you is it Bodhs? ;)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Being a non-scientist you should suck down whatever the "experts" tell you like a hungry cum-guzzling slut - because for non-scientists that's how science is supposed to work.

Leave the scepticism to people who are qualified to be sceptical. We'll just follow the "accepted advice" - because "experts" prepare it for us after disagreeing amongst their eminently-qualified selves.

You know - experts like the expert statitician you turned to to make your point. Unless you just like to pick and choose the experts that express the views that you hold?

That's not you is it Bodhs? ;)

I'm a non scientist now am I? Cool. Does this mean I have to send my BSc (with Honours) back?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
There is no proven science , all we have is theories.
We have turned up CO2, nothing special by itself, a minor greenhouse gas, so we look for trigger events.
If there was some actual concrete science, then it would be undeniable, but they don't have that, if they actually had
something as obvious as 'hit nail..hammer..nails goes in', then a 'denier' would be a crackpot.
As it is, there are hundreds of honest scientists who question the modeling data, that's the right thing to do, they are not crackpots,
and crying that it's too important is only valid if you have decided the outcome beforehand.
Only last year they admitted they had got historical forest aerosol data totally wrong, which had a huge impact on the models.
The next big mistake to be uncovered could change everything, or do we say the science is settled until another one leaks out.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
OK car people. My old Type-R is on 190,000 barely-serviced miles and still going. It's not been treated kindly either (Honda should stick it in a museum when it does finally die as a homage to their amazing VTEC engine).

But when it does go I'll need something else. Something big enough to stick a couple of bikes and all my camping shite in the back, that will do loadsamilestothegallon, be comfy for long miles and not make me die a little inside due to lack of performance.

Oh. And reliable. I admit that my current car is a badly treated miracle of engineering and I can't expect the same again but...

Ideas?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm a non scientist now am I? Cool. Does this mean I have to send my BSc (with Honours) back?
Hey. I have one of them in an actually field-relevant area and you discounted me out of hand.

And if you were any sort of scientist you'd understand that proper working scientists with expertise in a relevant field are way more appropriately positioned and qualified to judge what's what than you and your BSc (Hons) in Applied Demagogy.

So yep. In this case tear it up :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
OK car people. My old Type-R is on 190,000 barely-serviced miles and still going. It's not been treated kindly either (Honda should stick it in a museum when it does finally die as a homage to their amazing VTEC engine).

But when it does go I'll need something else. Something big enough to stick a couple of bikes and all my camping shite in the back, that will do loadsamilestothegallon, be comfy for long miles and not make me die a little inside due to lack of performance.

Oh. And reliable. I admit that my current car is a badly treated miracle of engineering and I can't expect the same again but...

Ideas?

It isn't a sports car but my RX400h is supremely comfortable, very quick for its size (0-60 in about 7.5 seconds so embarrasses the Audi traffic light grand prix lot often), mpg is good (35 around town, 30 on the motorway) and being a Lexus (Toyota) is supremely reliable. If I stick my bike in the back I generally fold the rear seats down and throw it straight in, although with the rear seats up I reckon it's do-able if I take the wheels off the bike. I believe the RX450h is much better and can run on batteries for much longer than mine, although in hybrids the battery is really just a reserve/boost feature, rather than a "run to the shops on leccy only" thing.

Bodhi

Hey. I have one of them in an actually field-relevant area and you discounted me out of hand.

And if you were any sort of scientist you'd understand that proper working scientists with expertise in a relevant field are way more appropriately positioned and qualified to judge what's what than you and your BSc (Hons) in Applied Demagogy.

So yep. In this case tear it up :)

Attitudes like that could cause you to throw out a new exciting Physics theory just because it was written by a Patent Clerk with only a teaching degree :)

Not sure if it was the difference in degree types (for Applied demagoguery read Astrophysics) but we were taught critical thinking and not to take anyone's word for it - look through the research yourself and reach your own conclusions - that is how science and our understanding of the world develops. As soon as you get into answers that cannot be challenged, you're veering more into religious territory there.

Bodhi

Ideas?

Budget?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Oh...does wood evaporate in heat? First I have heard!

You also don't need wood for a fire, unless you are a degenerate ofc.

Edit, I am not going to get into an argument about how best to dispose of a goat corpse, with an idiot...sorry.

But lets just say, shitting in your water supply and leaving corpses all over the place will give you cholera, that is what people are dying from.
Usually all the wood has been used cause trees dont grow properly cause of the lack of water. The pics from ethiopia during the drought werent full of trees.

More likely to put the effort into dig a whole for humans than animals if food and therefore energy is short. Imo

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Attitudes like that could cause you to throw out a new exciting Physics theory just because it was written by a Patent Clerk with only a teaching degree :)
Absolutely not. Old Albert did the work, produced a paper, presented and submitted it for peer-review. His work in that field made him part of the conversation.

His eminantely qualified peers then looked at what he'd done - and the world was informed by the experts in terms that the lay man - i.e. everyone else (including scientists that weren't theoretical physicists) could reasonably grasp.

Have you done some related environmental work that enables you to reasonably critique the work of other environmental scientists to a level higher than the troupe of environmental scientists that produce large, regular, developing "state of the science" reports that are there to inform policymakers?

Nope? Didn't think so. So your skepticism falls into the category of uninformed mud slinger. And a hypocritical one at that, because you put your astrophysics degree ahead of my own field-specific degree. And even I'm not dumb enough to think that my more-relevant experience trumps those that are actively working in the field and reviewing the science for us.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Depends tbh. I'd never buy new. I had a budget of 5k for my last car purchase and ended up spending £13.5k because it made sense (and in the end, was a hell of a good decision).

I never think of resale. Only owned 3 cars since I was 17 - and each of the other two ended up with 130,000+ miles and ended up on the scrapheap when beyond economical repair, as will my Type-R.

Options is what I'm after at a range of prices. But the criteria above is important. Having said all that - if the Type-R keeps going for three more years then it keeps going. It'll be a catastrophic failure somewhere not-engine related that'll make me give it up I reckon. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
More likely to put the effort into dig a whole for humans than animals if food and therefore energy is short. Imo
More likely a complete lack of education. Like they're supposed to understand what cholera is, rather than "magic spirit gods"...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Jap cars usually go wrong through rust, not engine. On the whole they may pretty dull but if you want reliability then they can't really be beaten.

My wifes old Micra was bulletproof, just kept going...we binned it because it needed £500 worth of welding which was a bit of a waste on a aqua blue/green monstrosity. She had it from brand new to 120k odd miles...engine was still fine.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Actually - I'll post that in the "wheels" thread. More appropriate. Unless a Mod fancies moving that over? :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
So, were talking Darwinism here then.

After hundreds/thousands of years of dying after they shit in the village well they haven't figured out that shitting in the village well is a bad idea. (despite repeated advise that it is a fucking stupid idea)

Not only the scientific information freely available and handed out..constantly, surely the whole idea of shitting where you drink is somehow a base human repulsion!?!

There is literally no helping some people. There has to be a point where you just let them get on with it. The only other option is to go in and order them what to do...but that horrible...that's empire...evil...brrrr.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Darwinism doesn't discount us teaching, helping and educating other humans. We've actually been selected as knowledge-sharers.

Being a callous little fuck who advocates leaving people like that to their fate shows where darwinism has let us down tho.

It's a shame natural selection isn't actually more selective.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Anyone who advocates living in a society ruled by Darwinist principles is a sociopathic cuntlord tbh. A Darwinistic society would be a horrible place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom