Glasses!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I am typing this as I wear glasses, first time in 33 years I have had to have aid with my eyesight.

I have a question though, is it always this fucking strange when you first wear them? I feel like my eyesight is worse not better with them on and I feel quite sick and very lacking in confidence over anything I do.

I don't like this much at all :(

Thought I would ask here as you are all glasses wearing ner.............oh wait....

:(

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Ha! I've been wearing glasses since I was like five.
Its always a bit weird, especially when you change prescription etc.

Make sure you get a decent looking pair might set you back a bit though. I always get good looking frames and thin lenses.

Plus it makes you look more intelligent!

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Clearly true my goggly chum :)

(I dont wear glasses btw :p )

My wife wears glasses now though, and she says they do make you feel a bit wobbly to start off with .

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
yes its strange when u first get em

i got prescribed glasses at 16 and never wore them much because like u said it feels like they're making ur eyesight worse, and aparently they are. Basicly if ur not wearing glasses when u should, then your eyes try to strain to see properly, but when u wear the glasses they dont have to strain suddenly and it feels well weird, after a while wearing a prescription pair of glasses, ur eyes will be used to them and you wont be able to see without em (or read without em if they're reading glasses etc). I wear mine all the time when using the computer or reading now.

oh and if you wear them like ur meant to for a couple weeks or more the 'weird' feeling goes away.

Trem

2 weeks!!?!!

Dear god above I will crash and die before thats over.

I got some Oakley ones, £180 :eek6:

I don't look more intelligent and god knows I needed to, I look more like Henry Rollins :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Been wearing the annoying things permanently since I was 12 :( You'll get used to it.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Fucking geeks everywhere!! :) Trem turn backj from the geek door!!

Trem

*buys Star Trek outfit*

*plays DAOC*

*draws curtains*

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
yeah - been wearing glasses since I was 4 (when the glas was REAL glass)

eyes trick u into thinking your vision is worse- just go with it - itll get better soon

<edit> forgot to say - "ya speccy twat"

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I haven't had my eyes tested since primary school when the nurse comes in, cups your balls in one hand, covers one eye with a wooden spoon, and gets you to read from the chart.

I'm 30 now, I could be blind as a bat :)

Trem

Thats what my mate said -

"if everyone went for an eye test I bet we would all need glasses"

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not me. My eyesight is perfect still. Your are all speccy 4 eyed geekoid l4m0rz !!

\o/

babs

Can't get enough of FH
At least you won't get hit in the eyes beating off sailors any more.

And Henry Rollins = you ??

Pics gifv

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Get contacts, glasses are very annoying to wear all the time.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Trem said:
*buys Star Trek outfit*

*plays DAOC*

*draws curtains*

lmao mate :)

(ive had an eye test, I still dont need glasses btw)

(I am a perfect specimen)

(dunno what of though )

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ive been wearing glasses since I started nursary school....luckily my eye sight hasnt worsened over the years. It may do when I get closer to Throds age though...

Yes I find its always weird when I get a new set of glasses even if there is no prescription change. I think its the shape and size of the lenses or something.

Takes me a little while to adjust to new glasses.

I cant wear contacts though or have the surgery so I'm stuck with them :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
dysfunction said:
Ive been wearing glasses since I started nursary school....luckily my eye sight hasnt worsened over the years. It may do when I get closer to Throds age though...

(

And Ill still be perfect ...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i havent worn glasses for almost 3 years now, woohoo contact lenses ;)

glasses are just kinda impractical if you plan on doing any sort of sport/activity tbh :p

especially annoying trying to bike with them (if its raining ofc) >.< gifv glasses with wipers :p

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
heh getting old aint so bad..
as u get older the lens in the eye can atrophy an become too thin = longsighted.
so if u r shortsighted to start with = lens is too thick u might be lucky an ur vision slowly corrects itself:D
result.
shame u will be too old to celebrate...

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Laser nukage ftw \o/ - best thing I ever did; ya speccy gits :)

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Welcome to the speccy twat club!

Last time I got new glasses a couple of years ago I remember going round the shops and feeling sick and had to leave the shop before I puked on the merchandise.

The optician described it as like you're swimming under water which I thought quite accurate.

Krazeh

Part of the furniture
Need vision correction since i was in primary school so a good 11-12 years at least, did do the whole glasses thing till i found out about 30 day contact lenses. If ya can get them, it's great, wear a pair of contacts for 30 days straight then change them, no taking them out each night or puttin them back in every day.

Moo

Fledgling Freddie
DaGaffer said:

yeah hf when u go blind in 10 years time.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
DaGaffer said:
Why do people working in those places always wear glasses? :eek7:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Draylor said:
Why do people working in those places always wear glasses? :eek7:

I asked that question (of the one person in the clinic who wore glasses) and it was because he had astigmatism, which isn't currently treatable.

Trem

DaGaffer said:
I asked that question (of the one person in the clinic who wore glasses) and it was because he had astigmatism, which isn't currently treatable.

Thats what I have :(

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
ive needed glasses since i was 13. someone called me elton john at school though so i stopped wearing them

Tilda

There was an old policy of creating lenses just <under> what you really need as some people (wrongly) thought that your eyes would get worse if they were fully compensated. If you've been given lenses that arn't exactly right, they'll only make your eyes strain and wont prevent further deterioration on your sight if its going to happen.

Trem

It makes watching telly better, but thats about it.

I am worried about the morning I had my eye test, I had a migraine the day before then I got shag all sleep that night. I reckon most people wouldn't see right after that. My test was at 9.40am as well.

I know if I go back they will say I haven't given them time, but I don't wanna fuck my eyes up even more.

Stupid life!!

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom