Give Unique Hib Ability

M

Merl

Originally posted by Amadon
LOL

classic

I haven't laughed so hard in ages.. thanks :)

P.S. read the whole thread please (hint: read the discussion on about page 6 or 7 between me and Trinilim... )

point taken ;)

M

Merl

Originally posted by StormriderX
And albion has sos :rolleyes:

since when has sos been as good as group purge, sos means u can move around while mezzed but cant attack, purge = no mezz at all.

T

Trinilim

*sigh* if we're gonna be doing this then albs have paladins who can:
Wear plate
Shield slam if 1h spec
Run a variety of chants the main one being end chant which is uninterruptable.
Who can rez
Who can run a af chant

Hibernia has no class that can do all these things :m00:

*sigh* if we're gonna be doing this then hibs have wardens who can:
Wear scale
Have a shield for SOME protection
Run pbt anytime they like, as it's insta
Heal during downtime while PBT is off
Who can rez
Who can run damage add/haste(I think) chants.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Merl
since when has sos been as good as group purge, sos means u can move around while mezzed but cant attack, purge = no mezz at all.

But you can be rooted/stunned/snared directly after GP, you can't after SOS. Some of the groups I have played against use SOS to break mezz, by continuing to move so it seems like they have resisted and the opposition hits them. Yu seriously underestimate how powerful SOS is.

O

old.LandShark

If group purge worked as intended, you know it would make SOS look like a broken toy.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by aavarn
Agreed completely. This speaking as a Mid who has neither group purge nor SOS.

It seems to me that diversity of the realms is sufferring in response to the volume of whines proclaiming imbalance.

It should be the case that hibs get the best magic by far, mids get the best melee by far and alb blends the 2 well enough together such that no realm has an overall edge.

One caveat to this is that obviously you run the risk of all the people who want to play casters playing in hib, all the tanks playing in mid and all the RPers playing in Alb.

However it is really hard to balance things that aren't the same and so I believe that Mythic has decreased the diversity of the realms, whether intentionally or otherwise, to make the balancing process that much easier.

We are talking about diversity and uniqueness - not about one realm having an over powerful ability that others don't.

Best post so far ;)

M

Merl

Originally posted by old.Nol
But you can be rooted/stunned/snared directly after GP, you can't after SOS. Some of the groups I have played against use SOS to break mezz, by continuing to move so it seems like they have resisted and the opposition hits them. Yu seriously underestimate how powerful SOS is.

see your point :)

M

Merl

Originally posted by aavarn
Agreed completely. This speaking as a Mid who has neither group purge nor SOS.

It seems to me that diversity of the realms is sufferring in response to the volume of whines proclaiming imbalance.

It should be the case that hibs get the best magic by far, mids get the best melee by far and alb blends the 2 well enough together such that no realm has an overall edge.

One caveat to this is that obviously you run the risk of all the people who want to play casters playing in hib, all the tanks playing in mid and all the RPers playing in Alb.

However it is really hard to balance things that aren't the same and so I believe that Mythic has decreased the diversity of the realms, whether intentionally or otherwise, to make the balancing process that much easier.

We are talking about diversity and uniqueness - not about one realm having an over powerful ability that others don't.

Agree completely but think it would be rather hard to balance alb to make them equal to the other realms.

T

Tranquil-

The thing is, Albion has more classes. Albion needs the same abilities spread out more to stay balanced to the other realms. But is it any fun for the classes that suddenly find themselves with less utility than the others?

Flawed design.

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by Trinilim
*sigh* if we're gonna be doing this then hibs have wardens who can:
Wear scale
Have a shield for SOME protection
Run pbt anytime they like, as it's insta
Heal during downtime while PBT is off
Who can rez
Who can run damage add/haste(I think) chants.

Sorcs can:
Interupt with their instas
Ae Mezz
Dot
Debuff
Have a pet

All in one class :m00:

lets do this all day - I only made that post in response to that guy whining about light elds you know trill -_-

S

StormriderX

99.9% on mincers use sos to either run away whilst solo or run away when group is wiped and they are the only one left alive.

Used offensively Sos > gp

M

Merl

Sorcs can:
Ae Mezz
Dot
Debuff
Have a pet

lets do this all day - I only made that post in response to that guy whining about light elds you know trill -_-

I was not whinig about them storm, i have no problem with them having these things just stating that hibs classes, casters specifically have more utility than albs casters.

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by Arnor2
doesnt interrupt shit afaik

Champ ones do, annoyingly enough.... but not caster ones :p
NERFt!!

O

old.Nol

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give Unique Hib Ability

Originally posted by -Freezingwiz-
...their self haste debuff

debuff ? ;P
oh did I say that? You got a mate at BW to change my post :p

P

Puppetmistress

ae dex/qui + str/con shouts :p

They don't interrupt. Sorcs can't interrupt with insta's.

L

lofff

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Champ ones do, annoyingly enough.... but not caster ones :p
NERFt!!

stfu ;<

btw since sum patch ages ago u need to spam debuffs right when the target is starting to cast, not after or before, otherwise no interruption.. i believe all debuffs interrupt not just champ ones >.<

M

mastade

Originally posted by Arnor2
and no healing, and no baselinebuffs, and no 27% absorb and 600-sumt af. and an uber unique-ra etc etc etc.
BUT they got AS-debuff and PETSSSESSS!!! LOTS OF PETTSESS!!! :p

HEhahehaeha, A ra that costs 14 points and all it can do is interupt ppl! ^^ very UBah! - rather spend my points on mow ;)

L

lofff

hey lets recenter the thread ~~

uniques abilities sum patches ago:

Mud: AEstun
Hib: Endregen
Alb: err.. 2ndary spec af buff?;P plate armour?;P 3rd stealth class?;P

ok ok, albs suck but thats not the point. The point is each realm was given an special ability, unique (but albs who got many small shitty unique abilities ^^ ) and now hib one was added on the other realms.. GIVF AESTUN TO CHAMPS KTHX ~~

T

Treniel-

can't belive hib are bitching about having no unique skills...most overpowered realm out of all 3...one patch and they already bitching

quite funny :)

R

Rollie_David

hib unique abilities

only realm to have pbt on a class with more than 1.0 spec points, this class also wears chain armor. this in itself gives the realm a major advantage as this class can spec pbt AND put decent amounts of points elsewhere.

only realm to get stun on almost all the casters, other realms have to accept stun been on the healer/cleric class

only realm who's main tank has a special ability as in the hero's mooose mode which gives a 50% heal

only realm who has had 2 "high" damage pbaoe classes for ALONG time

these i would call unique as no other realms have these abilities.

also hibby has the ability to form groups in which they need minimal classes to fulfill the roles needed in rvr

L

lofff

Originally posted by Treniel-
can't belive hib are bitching about having no unique skills...most overpowered realm out of all 3...one patch and they already bitching

quite funny :)

whos bitching:confused:

wer claiming our rights!"1"!1 ~~

L

lofff

Originally posted by dune
hib unique abilities

only realm to have pbt on a class with more than 1.0 spec points, this class also wears chain armor. this in itself gives the realm a major advantage as this class can spec pbt AND put decent amounts of points elsewhere.

only realm to get stun on almost all the casters, other realms have to accept stun been on the healer/cleric class

only realm who's main tank has a special ability as in the hero's mooose mode which gives a 50% heal

only realm who has had 2 "high" damage pbaoe classes for ALONG time

these i would call unique as no other realms have these abilities.

also hibby has the ability to form groups in which they need minimal classes to fulfill the roles needed in rvr

hello hello?

we are talking bout UNIQUE stuff.. pbt on tank blah blah doesnt count since u still have pbt

i wouldnt care less if they give us AEstun on healers casters or stealthers ^^ we just have no access, its UNIQUE to mids..

just trying to clear up the UNIQUE concept ~~

ps: That makes the moose as only aceptable answer but its just a minor feature like zerking and/or .. healchant?;P

V

Vireb

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give Unique Hib Ability

Originally posted by -Freezingwiz-
...their self haste debuff

debuff ? ;P
prolly talking about counter evade:
attack speed debuff style from evade (like thats hard to get for a friar) but makes a lot of diff in a fight
and im sure most classes get similar styles

T

Trinilim

Sorcs can:
Ae Mezz
Dot
Debuff
Have a pet

you're right, we CAN do this all day :p, but ok, will let it go.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by lofff

ps: That makes the moose as only aceptable answer but its just a minor feature like zerking and/or .. healchant?;P

you are still the only realm with INSTA amnesia as far as i know sorc and healer only got it as castable and making it less useful for stopping casters from casting :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom