Re: Re: Re: Re: Give Unique Hib Ability

Originally posted by wrathofsauron
Probably invented by a hib ;D
and perfected by a mid ;)

B

Begach

Originally posted by -Freezingwiz-
What does it COST for a "healer" to run end chant ? u can´t fight? (again bard is a healer after all) Bards can Heal while playing chants ! ( well before Alb got power buff Mincers was just able to play power song + DD a bit -> roughs fight -> they where unable to do anything els then PS)

Er would you mind tellin me the bard spec where your standard grp CC/speed bard can heal? (an please don't embarrass yourself by sayin the baselines with no regrowth spec ;) ). Any bard that can heal a mofo is either gimped songs or gimped CC (neither being acceptable to the std RvR grp). A bard can heal OR CC not both....or do you think the uber Hib RvR grp should have no CC instead of the seriously gimped shit we have now ? (You cast mezz on an alb zerg now the resist messages alone lag your ass off the server, castable or insta).

An BTW a bard IS NOT a good RvR healer.....that requires the ability to a) stand an take a hit (can't heal and run and the RF armour means there isn't such a thing as a small hit on a bard), b) not be immediatly visible as being the soft target ("O look a lute"), c) carry an insta heal or 2

Go play with the catacombs char generator at the very least before makin up shit about a class you obviously know very little (or possibly nothing) about.

Ktnx

Q

Qte Eth

only thing hibs got and others dont is insta luls
quite strange that hibs have to balance various things their enemy have as base with 30min Ras

and yeah wrath gotta agree mastade seems like he never heard about wardens..tt

M

Mavl

Originally posted by Qte Eth

quite strange that hibs have to balance various things their enemy have as base with 30min Ras

like gp and baod ?

I didnt have anything like this in baseline last time i checked... must check again...

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Mavl
like gp and baod ?

I dont have gp and baod in baseline last time i checked... must check again...

can you read? He meant hibs have to get certain RA's to balance things their enemys have as base. But I disagree with that as every realm has to do that :p. Well midgard doesnt as midgard doesnt have any really good RA's :p

S

Spyf

Originally posted by mastade
Im talking about the Mesmerisation Dampening from the Sorcs
That demand mind sorcs and how many do you see of those :D

A

ab_fluid

like gp and baod ?

I didnt have anything like this in baseline last time i checked... must check again...

just an fyi, bof + sos + moc at same time on an ice wiz is bloody horrible to fight against, ask magmatic and kranez, only 2 that 2 it that i've seen.

M

Mavl

Originally posted by ab_fluid
just an fyi, bof + sos + moc at same time on an ice wiz is bloody horrible to fight against, ask magmatic and kranez, only 2 that 2 it that i've seen.

i know.

3 30 min realm abilities launched together. i would be surprised if this rp cost was easy to fight against.

tho there's always an option of waiting 30 sec for moc to end and just ae them.

A

Amadon

i know.

3 30 min realm abilities launched together. i would be surprised if this rp cost was easy to fight against.

compared to hibs version (moc + boad + gp)

imo alb's is better

tho there's always an option of waiting 30 sec for moc to end and just ae them.
15 seconds, not 30 :(

sucks that the one thing that mages can use to be useful costs so much, is on such a long timer and lasts for such a short time.

P

Puppetmistress

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give Unique Hib Ability

Originally posted by Begach
Er would you mind tellin me the bard spec where your standard grp CC/speed bard can heal? (an please don't embarrass yourself by sayin the baselines with no regrowth spec ;) ). Any bard that can heal a mofo is either gimped songs or gimped CC (neither being acceptable to the std RvR grp). A bard can heal OR CC not both....or do you think the uber Hib RvR grp should have no CC instead of the seriously gimped shit we have now ? (You cast mezz on an alb zerg now the resist messages alone lag your ass off the server, castable or insta).

44 music, 43 nurture, 23 regrowth, 5 blunt.

Gives you best AoE-mezz, first insta AoE-mezz (insta-mezz sucked anyhow as Hibs always said so why spec for the best one?), best speed, best end-regen and average heals (think around 250-270 on the spec-heal; little variance with +11 regrowth and RR).

Gimped? Well it's pure support but nowhere near gimped. Heals are ~friar-heals. And since a Hib-group always contain at least 2 healer-classes it's really not that bad.

An BTW a bard IS NOT a good RvR healer.....that requires the ability to a) stand an take a hit (can't heal and run and the RF armour means there isn't such a thing as a small hit on a bard), b) not be immediatly visible as being the soft target ("O look a lute"), c) carry an insta heal or 2

Perhaps, but the point is: HE CAN HEAL. And seriously: It does help. Same goes for friar and shammies. Their helps may be crap, but on avg. it's better then no heals at all.

Go play with the catacombs char generator at the very least before makin up shit about a class you obviously know very little (or possibly nothing) about.
Ktnx

My bard is still lvl 43 and parked on an US-account and I found out it's perfectly possible to spec a bard to become an AVERAGE healer. Nowhere near a druid or a cleric, but it's alot better then you claim.

Think about it: Secondary healer bard brings: Excellent CC, excellent speed, excellent end-regen and power-regen, average heals. Also add AoE-amnesia insta (BASELINE!) and you got the best SUPPORT-class you want. Only trick is to stay alive. Well we all got that problem. Lute or not, a sorc is a lighthouse (look at spell-effects) and also easy to spot.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by ab_fluid

I group alot with Magmatic and FYI: Are we allowed to win with a team who know eachother well and we fire 3 RA's ?

Biggest problem with Mid-groups (no fun intended btw) is thay they're very Melee-heavy. Whenever we have a MoC PBAoE session I always try to get as much tanks in the PBAoE (which often succeeds)

As soon as you see BoF up (easy to spot when you hit someone) and MoC (pling!) you shouldn't run into PBAoE-hell. If you do, you deserve to die. Wait 30 seconds and own our ass.

F

Fagane

Originally posted by old.LandShark
made up for by your ever-present 24%body resist buffs and 6sec PBT, which you get from one char and we don't get at all ;p

Looks prity unique for hibs to me. Wardens can do a lot while pbt3 runs. Albs & Mids have seldom pbt3, if the class takes that they will not do much more becouse it are pure casters.

So in general a hib group could walk around with pbt3 and have a desent fighting class, While all Mids & Albs will be happy if they even manage to find a theurg with pbt1.

I can not help it that most Hibs become mana-chanters, and the only thing they can do in RvR is spam pbaoe in the lord room. Some of the best classes in Hib, just not manny people who play them. Becouse any FG with a bard and a warden rocks!

Fagane

E

Exiled

hibs have big werewolf mobs that drop childrens toys..... and lurikeens

D

Danya

dum di dum..... look at clerics range on stun..! wOw 1350... was 1000 before.... FYI !
I know, range wasn't the issue being discussed though. I answered the point raised rather than deflecting the subject to attempt to make my point more valid.

Regardless 1350 range isn't that big a deal. Slam is a more useful stun than anything castable (except healer ae) and all realms get that.

K

Kagato.

And why exactly should Hibernia have a unique ability, and not midgard or albion ?

What makes hibernia deserve one more then the other two realms? just because you had one first?

Are you guys under performing in rvr ? hardly, hibs consistantly win over in 1 fg vs 1 fg encounters so how exactly do you need something unique? And your arguebly the best equipped realm for keep defense so your hardly lacking there either.

If a realm gets a unique ability it should be because its fitting or needed in that realm, not just because 'i want it'.

:rolleyes:

S

skile

The 3 most useful abilities RvsR in one class. Great PBT, swordspec and healing: Warden.

And they have good armor as well :).

O

old.Thanatlos

Originally posted by Fagane
Looks prity unique for hibs to me. Wardens can do a lot while pbt3 runs. Albs & Mids have seldom pbt3, if the class takes that they will not do much more becouse it are pure casters.

So in general a hib group could walk around with pbt3 and have a desent fighting class, While all Mids & Albs will be happy if they even manage to find a theurg with pbt1.

I can not help it that most Hibs become mana-chanters, and the only thing they can do in RvR is spam pbaoe in the lord room. Some of the best classes in Hib, just not manny people who play them. Becouse any FG with a bard and a warden rocks!

Fagane

So i guess you never played a warden?

Wardens can do 2 things when 6 sec pbt runs, both of which they're pretty mediocre at and can't really ever improve upon.
1) Healing
Well like most theurgs say, wtf, can't nuke with bubble drain, well, that's just pbt 10 sec. not to mention our nice mana devouring buffs every 10ish minutes (not a clue if some of the timers changed) which cost 50% mana (not a joke)..
Ok, so if we want to heal we need to spec out of our weapon or parry to get enough spec for heals.. well, let's see, 33 is a nice number, gives a 400ish hp heal iirc (that's about it except for a 20% style end reduction buff and a 6 hp self regen buff)
Np, i hear you say, get some wild healing and mastery of healing and you're set, decent heals with some crits then, erm.. nope.. can't get that as warden for some reason.
So in the end, to heal averagely a warden needs to
a) get mana regen RA's (serenity, MCL, Raging Power)
b) give up weapon spec and parry spec (21 weapon, 20 parry is like the max with decent regrowth (33) and the omnipresent resist buffs (49 nurture spec))
c) can't get RAs to help them out with this 1! spec heal line, WH, MoH, MoC

2) Fighting
Well, 49 nurture being required to not be gimped you can never get 50 spec in a weapon and even if it were possible to get 50 spec in a weapon (let's assume this is the case) their damage would not even equal 1h heroes because of the difference in damage tables. It has been argued (mostly by our TL) that warden damage > 1h hero damage which is probably true in the long run due to our haste buff but due to the shortness of RvR combat this never occurs.
So in order to become equals to 1h heroes without slam, protect/intercept/guard/hps/moose we need to:
a) Give up healing or parry (2 reg or 16 reg is usually preferred)
b) Give up 6 sec pbt (else you won't get 50 weaponspec) and best haste (which is what made us equal to heroes in the first place)

Do I seem a bit sour about wardens, hell yes, mythic has been using pbt as an excuse to refuse us ANY way of being more than slightly useful in a group.

Wardens is a passive class, easy to lvl, easy to play, hard to play so people notice anything other than pbt..

We won't get changes because we have pbt.. even though the usefulness of pbt can be argued because it only affects a certain type of classes a lot (archers, 2h users)

But please stop thinking of the warden as a light tank that can heal .. like a friar you can't have both, only a friar has a decent option of damage, which the warden does not..

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Kagato.
And why exactly should Hibernia have a unique ability, and not midgard or albion ?

What makes hibernia deserve one more then the other two realms? just because you had one first?

Are you guys under performing in rvr ? hardly, hibs consistantly win over in 1 fg vs 1 fg encounters so how exactly do you need something unique? And your arguebly the best equipped realm for keep defense so your hardly lacking there either.

If a realm gets a unique ability it should be because its fitting or needed in that realm, not just because 'i want it'.

:rolleyes:

Um, if you read the original post examples of unique realm specific abilities are given for both Midgard and Albion.

R

Radghast

Originally posted by old.Nol
Um, if you read the original post examples of unique realm specific abilities are given for both Midgard and Albion.

armsman can't read..duh...

D

Divinia

Re: Re: Give Unique Hib Ability

Hibs have End chant that doesn´t "cost" any thing....(Palas use power, Mids will use Conc soon)

\o/

Have a pie, roll a bard, run around in fights with teh "UBER BARD END REGEN INSTA INSTRUMENT SONG!!111"

And have a nice life kthx.

M

Mavl

Originally posted by old.Nol

and turrrets that nuke through walls are not unique ?

healing pets anyone ?

M

Mavl

Re: Re: Re: Give Unique Hib Ability

Originally posted by Divinia
\o/

Have a pie, roll a bard, run around in fights with teh "UBER BARD END REGEN INSTA INSTRUMENT SONG!!111"

And have a nice life kthx.

Thats your char, you chosen it, so run around in fights or roll another.

D

Divinia

Thats your char, you chosen it, so run around in fights or roll another.

And im perfectly happy with it, just gets annoyed when ppl that doesent know a jack shit about it comes here and act like they do.

S

StormriderX

and turrrets that nuke through walls are not unique ?

healing pets anyone ?

necro pets nuke through walls too :m00:

healing pets = bonedancer ones are much better

kthxbye

O

old.BJ|Bored

Originally posted by Amadon
er

albs have insta stun just btw

hibs don't have insta stun, dont have ae stun, don't have anti-mez, dont have abs chant

hibs have baod

grp purge

Defender of the Vale Active 30 min. 10 0 0 0 0 N/A N/A Group-targetted hit point buffer that absorbs 50% damage for up to 500 hit points.

baseline stun that all other casters would kill for

what else you want? i dont know any other realm that can get 100% odd magic resists and then get 50% melee absorb on top with a insta mes / grp purge combination and fuk knows how many healers + dmg dealers i mean ffs.

yes so nerfed :puke:

R

Radghast

sigh...every realm has good RA's and every realm has a castable/insta stu on 1 class or another. the whole point of this thread i belive was to get hib something that nobody else has. as albs/mids have atm..not bothered if its uber or not. just that its diffrent, unique, something other than the norm...understand?

S

sorusi

Originally posted by Radghast
sigh...every realm has good RA's and every realm has a castable/insta stu on 1 class or another. the whole point of this thread i belive was to get hib something that nobody else has. as albs/mids have atm..not bothered if its uber or not. just that its diffrent, unique, something other than the norm...understand?

midds have crap ras, but we dont really care either.. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom