Give ingame CSR's

M

mskin

jevla haschibrashi företag

snaileaters should stick to fashion

S

Sichama

Originally posted by old.yaruar
c - crap, customers are usually arses and generally wrong.

e - if you don't like it then leave already and quit your whining

f - totall crap, to give 24/7 support you would need a minimum team of 10 or 12 new employees if you wanted 1 per language. with 4 you would either have to have tri lingual support (possible, expensive, overworked with 1 person dealing with all the servers on their own) or have support 9-5 monday to friday which is basically useless for most of the player base

g - rumors..... you said it, and as for wannadoo running e-mail retrieving lists, 1- so what and 2 - proof?

As for your last point that's just stupid...

And remember, don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.....
HTH HAND

c - it makes no difference if they are wrong or right i made it clear the first time...read it again.
e - i can't, i made it obvious that i would like to but i like the product and don't have an alternative to it, this was also made clear in my post...read it again.
f - i never said 24/7 although other companies seem perfectly capable of coping with the expenses, i even suggested they charge more for it if nessesary...read my post again and you will see i did.
g - yes rumors i allready said that :rolleyes:, as for the spybot thing proof is out the for anyone that cares, you only need simple google or yahoo skills to find it, and as for the so what comment, it's up to everyone to judge it as they see fit, im just wondering how much it would compromise DAoC's security if a spybot company that is hosted from wanadoo somehow gets a list of e-mails from GoA's customers, experts probably can debate and answer that question.

As for my last comment...is it? i wonder what is more stupid denying the truth of it or the comment itself. Oh well not a big issue i suppose and totaly unrelated to the subject i only used it as an analogy.

If i ever decide to leave i doubt ill even look back to see if there is a door, but you it seems surely didn't leave your shools door hit you, unless you haven't finished it yet, either way you need more practise in your reading, comprehending skills, work on them before you try debating.

N

ning

Originally posted by Sichama

g - yes rumors i allready said that :rolleyes:, as for the spybot thing proof is out the for anyone that cares, you only need simple google or yahoo skills to find it, and as for the so what comment, it's up to everyone to judge it as they see fit, im just wondering how much it would compromise DAoC's security if a spybot company that is hosted from wanadoo somehow gets a list of e-mails from GoA's customers, experts probably can debate and answer that question.

you're trying to start a hoax, aren't you ? ;)
Why would the second internet provider in Europe (first in Spain, France and UK) do that ? It's not logic.

O

old.yaruar

f - i never said 24/7 although other companies seem perfectly capable of coping with the expenses, i even suggested they charge more for it if nessesary...read my post again and you will see i did.

If i ever decide to leave i doubt ill even look back to see if there is a door, but you it seems surely didn't leave your shools door hit you, unless you haven't finished it yet, either way you need more practise in your reading, comprehending skills, work on them before you try debating.

f - but the game runs 24/7 so there would be no point implimenting csr's if they don't work the hours the game runs.

As for schooling and comprehension skills, I've got more than enough with top marks and a decent degree and academic publications (whilst working as a professional academic) in respected journals followed by a change incareer which is going strong at the moment in an extremely competitive sector. In terms of academic dick size, I win most competitions.
;)

S

Sichama

You think it has the potential for one?

hmmmm /ponders

maybe it would work better if it looked like this...

ALERT!!!...ALERT!!!...
WANADOO, the company that hosts DAoC, also hosts, A SPYBOT/SPYWARE service, that retrieves YOUR list of E-MAILS, and has the potential to retrieve your E-MAILS, that way they can steal your DAoC passwords.
TAKE EXTREME CARE, PANIC, HIT YOUR HEAD ON THE KEYBOARD...
oh and not to forget the most important thing of all.
BE SURE TO SEND THIS INFO TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E-MAIL LIST, it doesn't matter if they play DAoC or not they might know people that do, YOUR FRIENDS SECURITY IS IN YOUR HANDS NOW.

If you send this to 5 people something good will happen for you.
If you send it to 10 people you will have good fortune for 10 years.
If you send it to 20+ people you will win the one in a lifetime lottery.
If you don't send it to anyone, YOU ARE A SELFISH BASTARD and your favorite pet will die.

Now that is a hoax ;)

O

old.yaruar

/B]

Hmm so far I can only find reference to a virus that uses the wanadoo name, will keep using my l33t google sk1llz for a bit and see if I can come up with any more info...
And that was spread by edonkey and other p2p leeching tools.

Oh found a personal wanadoo homepage with hacking tools. although most other isp's and hosts have similar in peoples personal pages.

4 emails about a scan coming from WANADOO-CABLE-BD looking for ftp space for audiogalaxy applications with no corroborating evidence.

nope can't find anything else.

A

Addlcove

You think it has the potential for one?

hmmmm /ponders

maybe it would work better if it looked like this...

ALERT!!!...ALERT!!!...
WANADOO, the company that hosts DAoC, also hosts, A SPYBOT/SPYWARE service, that retrieves YOUR list of E-MAILS, and has the potential to retrieve your E-MAILS, that way they can steal your DAoC passwords.
TAKE EXTREME CARE, PANIC, HIT YOUR HEAD ON THE KEYBOARD...
oh and not to forget the most important thing of all.
BE SURE TO SEND THIS INFO TO EVERYONE ON YOUR E-MAIL LIST, it doesn't matter if they play DAoC or not they might know people that do, YOUR FRIENDS SECURITY IS IN YOUR HANDS NOW.

If you send this to 5 people something good will happen for you.
If you send it to 10 people you will have good fortune for 10 years.
If you send it to 20+ people you will win the one in a lifetime lottery.
If you don't send it to anyone, YOU ARE A SELFISH BASTARD and your favorite pet will die.

Now that is a hoax ;)

made me laugh

mind most of my costumers would probably do it... <sighs at L-users>

T

tildson

Originally posted by old.yaruar
As for schooling and comprehension skills, I've got more than enough with top marks and a decent degree and academic publications (whilst working as a professional academic) in respected journals followed by a change incareer which is going strong at the moment in an extremely competitive sector. In terms of academic dick size, I win most competitions.
;)

All these brains and you rolled a Thane? ;)

sorry, i just had to say that

T

the_fnord

Re: Re: Give ingame CSR's

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
GOA PAY Mythic for the rights to host the game. (prob about 15% IMO)
Mythic host the game themselves.

Erm... don't the Italians and asians pay mythic aswell for hosting the game? just a thought to distract from all the consiracy/whatsnot theories. :)

N

ning

Re: Re: Re: Give ingame CSR's

Originally posted by the_fnord
Erm... don't the Italians and asians pay mythic aswell for hosting the game? just a thought to distract from all the consiracy/whatsnot theories. :)

Italians got SI 2 months ago

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by tildson
All these brains and you rolled a Thane? ;)

sorry, i just had to say that

I like a challenge, and at the time of release thanes were still a great class.

T

the_fnord

Re: Re: Re: Re: Give ingame CSR's

Originally posted by ning
Italians got SI 2 months ago
hummahummhumm.... See folkZ! Goa isn't worse! W000t!
Whine about that now for a while! :p
I got the cheese over here! :D

T

Twaize

Italy got SI 2 months ago? Well instead theyr XML system rules

I

Indiana Jones

GOA have to pay for translators, not cheap!
Mythic only use 1 language.
[/B]

thats their own fault
why oh why did goa have to translate the game in german and french. Afaik (i could be wrong) there is no other language of Ac, SWG, AO, Horizons,... i doubt there will be a french or german version of world of warcraft or any other mmorpg that will be released in 2004

The only game that has another language beside english is final fantasy in japanese...but thats because Square is a japanese firm.

N

ning

Originally posted by Indiana Jones
thats their own fault
why oh why did goa have to translate the game in german and french. Afaik (i could be wrong) there is no other language of Ac, SWG, AO, Horizons,... i doubt there will be a french or german version of world of warcraft or any other mmorpg that will be released in 2004

AC2 and EQ are fully translated in french and german too. French and german speaking communauty represents 70% of the EU players (just look at the number of english servers in europe). If you want to get money in europe you have to translate your game for the 2 major markets : german and french speaking countries (=half of the europeans : Germany, Austia, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Luxemburg = 200M people in europe + North Africa + Canada (Quebec) = 250M people)

T

Tesla Monkor

There is one simple reason why the Euro version of DAOC does not include ingame CSRs for the same price as the US version, and that is the way the law protects employees.

Personel costs in the US are MUCH lowers than they are in Europe. Over here, you actually enjoy some job protection and security, but there's also more taxes.

I wouldn't mind paying a bit more to actually have ingame CSRs, but I doubt everyone will.

To demand the same service for the same price is unreasonable, since the system behind it isn't the same.

L

Laston

speaking of witch WHY THE FUCK DO WE NEED A BLOODY FRENCH SERVER???? do planetside have it? do Shadowbane have it? do Anarchy Online have it? do Everquest have it??

/edit i dunno if the other mmmrpgs have it but i just needed to vent

G

GReaper

Some improvements somewhere would be nice.

Certain game stopping problems (ie. stuck appeals) should have a short answer time. These should not have to go through RightNow at all. Surely it could be possible to just have one member of staff watching all servers for stuck appeals to answer within a reasonable amount of time? Wouldn't even need to speak that much, just move the player and go back to sleep. :p

I don't mind not having ingame CSR's as long as theres decent day/evening support (24 hour is a bit over the top). Sadly GOA only seem to bother with business hours on weekdays. Quoting Sanya from the Camelot Herald:

Thanksgiving Day, USA, is this Thursday - our technical and billing support department will be closed then and Friday. In-game customer service will be fully staffed throughout the holiday weekend. Hey, when half a continent has the day off to level, you have to have customer service :)

More popular playing times require more support staff. Surely we should be getting some support during evenings and weekends considering thats when the majority of people play the game?

N

n00b79

strange, Brannor hasnt replyed to Falcons post.... wonder why ?

WTFPWND :D

T

Twaize

I still believe the danish market is the most important so we wan't our own server ;D

K

kameh

GOA put in more content of their own. So they hire Story writers.
Mythic just roll stuff out, end of story. GOA do have to shell out cash to others, so in reality, we dont pay THEM the same. Also becuse the games writers are on hand, so are facilities to change things in the game.

Whoodoo have to point out that Mythic put in 100% of the content on the game over there, how you can say they just roll it out I've no idea. They have direct control over plots etc :p and put far more into it than 1 baldy man sitting in France!

Ask most ppl from the US, in game CSR's are useless, you only have to read about Nerner and his exploits to know this. I have met a few ppl from US servers, and to quote "all you see in euro is the good side, not the side that shows them to be lazy and arrogant 90% of the time". .

Totally, having played on the US servers for about a year they're not all thier cracked up to be. It's not 100% thier fault though as I know they get some really stupid thing /appealed and a lot of people simply time waste.

S

Sibanac

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give ingame CSR's

Originally posted by tildson

Yes, the last 5days has been allright, but the game have been out for almost 2years now.

No I mean in the last year, there have Maximum been 5 days during witch i had connection problems with GOA, If you have a lot of LD's get a better ISP

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Indiana Jones
thats their own fault

it's all about money, look at the stats, more french and german players.

that and why not. if there is a market, why not provide it.

N

ning

Originally posted by Laston
speaking of witch WHY THE FUCK DO WE NEED A BLOODY FRENCH SERVER???? do Everquest have it??

yes :D and german servers too.
And in 10 years there will also be Spanish and Polish servers for MMORPGs because their markets are large enough.

N

ning

Originally posted by Twaize
I still believe the danish market is the most important so we wan't our own server ;D

make a lot of children and you'll get danish servers ;)

T

tildson

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give ingame CSR's

Originally posted by Sibanac
No I mean in the last year, there have Maximum been 5 days during witch i had connection problems with GOA, If you have a lot of LD's get a better ISP

Explain all the ping-charts that go kaboom when entering france then ;) Then my ISP support US better than EU, but i highly doubt it. Not only LD's, but very instabile ping and packet-loss is frequent on EU - it is not on US.

From my experience, i know many others who tend to agree with me on this.

S

succi

I think we should all just accept frenchies are crap at being service providers

B

bone_idle

I played UO for almost 3 years and that had a ingame CSR between certain hours. It was still very handy though.

Maybe GOA could employ 2 people per day working 8 hour shifts each and let everyone know the times they are working.

R

razorboy

Originally posted by Cyfr
English is easy to learn!11 ;)

English aint that easy to learn :) It's easy to learn the most basic stuff, but a lot of things are pretty hard in detail, like the hyphon etc.

Users who are viewing this thread