Give Goa a chance

M

Meerclar

quitting DAoC.
nothing wrong with the game.
plenty wrong with the customer service and crappy servers.
i bought a game promising i could play in 3 realms and can only play 2.
i lag like you wouldnt believe when there are more than 20 ppl in the area.
my missus wants to quit too but cant get to the subs area to stop GOA leeching more cash from her.
god knows how much more money is going to be wasted on this abortion.
i cant find anything good to say about GOA.
bye bye DAoC.

P

pihlss

Tilda please read post before you answer one.

A

asorek

tell you what tilda FUCK OFF and stop flaming me.
your supposed to be a moderator..wel ive reported you..grow up.

A

asorek

Originally posted by Tilda
[anger]

1. Rightnow is fine, I hardly call 2 weeks in the last 2 years big down time.

2. They do have email adresses

3. They also have a news page which comtains Info, try reading it.

4. They have paying customers in germany, and far more than in the UK, so it makes sense that they will pay them attention too.

So how about you get a clue before you post some worthless GOA bashing piece of BS.

[/anger]

ok fool lets break this down so i can HUMILITAE you even more...

1. haha omfg n00b... you honestly think in the last 2 years RN has only been down 2 days??? i can of the top of my head remember over 23 seperate occaisions.

2. Yes they do have an email address which theyre not responding to and gets returned as not known einstein.

3. omfg do you actually READ anything? the news page contains NOTHING!!

4. i dont doubt they have german customers, infact im sure they do, had you ACTUALLY READ my post instead of posting utter shit you would have read it wasn't about the germans, but more the fact that in the middle of all this THEY ALL fucked off to this convention and left their offices SEVERELY understaffed.

So how about YOU get a clue before posting some worthless Player bashing piece of bullshit. infact its what id expect from a fucking teenager like yourself..try going back to school and learning to read.

L

-Lonewolf-

Less of the explicits but he is talking facts about Rightnow its been down a ludricrous amount of times

As for news you fail to acknowledge the nearly weekly grab bag than Sanya does which actually takes people questions and answers them

AND OMG GET THIS you actually have someone to e-mail if you have a problem or query

Oh and it all boils down to ingame help USA wins hands down for almost immediate resolution of ingame problems with a GM right at hand, quests, mob problems, stuck problems even simple bugs can be reported right there and then and e-mail sent to you notifying you that they have received your problem

Its bloody wicked on palomides at the mo and it rules MWHAH

At the end of the day its all about reinvesting the money into the company

Everyone let their shoddy service slide when they first started but now the rates have gone up and there is no considerable improvement in the service

If this was an english based company Watchdog would be all over them if enough people wrote in all 2000-3000 of us sure they would have taken notice HAHAHAHA

oh and I quote

"Greetings,

If your account profile was not up-to-date, especially in case of the email address, you most likely did not receive your new GAME passwords during the recent events.

In order to receive your new information as soon as possible, we need the following information from you:
- Your name and last name.
- Your GAME login.
- Your CD-KEY.
- The email address used when you registered.
- Your postal mail address.
- Your new email address

Please send this information via mail to: subscription@goa.com

Sincerely yours,
European Dark Age of Camelot Team."

Oh so in the 2yrs I have played daoc I never changed my details BUT your telling me I must have cause like you haven't sent me my subscription password only my game password so once again I have to do all the work BUT wait ain't I paying you to work for me!!!?!?!

lmao:clap:

R

redfern

Well, I started playing this game at the US servers. So.... comparing service here and there, shows that GOA sucks big time. I'm beginning to think that perhaps I should go back to playing US, regardless most of my friends play Euro, many of them have stopped anyway theese past few weeks. I only have one wish for the english euroservers, and that is they be turned over to mythic. Why should we always wait for German/French translations anyway.

M

mucking_fuppet

We are also still awaiting the sound bug to be fixed, the reaver style bug to be fixed, and other GOA-only bugs to be fixed.

You clap at GOA!

I

injustice

GoA have no chance after 3 weeks.Still waitin god damned fooking password.

A

Archeon

I don't think Mythic will take away that franchise from GOA, if anything it would be too big a mess to relocate everything. And if you think about it - it would probably end up with 2-3weeks worth of downtime for people as they relocated the servers, and transfered the databases, and do whatever the hell else they need to do.

But the reason that the people who are satisfied with GOA's service 'seem' to be in the minority is because most of them probably don't see the point in saying anything.

At the moment there are... 18,851 people on all the servers - 1,979 on Excal - and 1,357 on Pyr.

For 10pm on a Sunday thats more or less the same as it would normally be give or take. If you put yourselfs in those peoples shoes - if you were able to play the game what would you do. Play the game, or sit arround and defend GOA from the 50 or so who are making a huge fuss about it (and if you look the majority of 'GOA sucks' whine threads and replys seem to be from the same people).

So in my humble opinion the disgruntled people are actually in the minority.

Of course, i agree with most people in that GOA tend to patch slower than i'd like. But then i have no idea what they actually do with the translating - or if theres a better way of doing it that they could use.

And the bugs which seem to popup that didn't appear in the US version make me wonder, but again - i dunno what they do, thus i don't think my opinion on that would be valid.

But i'd be willing to bet good money that atleast half the people who havn't been sent passwords hadn't bothered to update their contact info - for them i don't feel too much, no matter how they try to pass it off its still mostly their fault. As for the people who are genuinly being screwed by GOA because they kept their info up-to-date but havn't recieved a pass, or can't pay for their account due to the subs page feeling down. Them i feel sorry for, GOA have screwed them up and are not providing the service their paying for... well, the people who can't pay arn't exactly paying for it.. and now i think about it - it means i'm paying for GOA to fix the subs page for them, but thats a different issue all-together :)

P

pitspawn

So in my humble opinion the disgruntled people are actually in the minority.

Maybe, but some of the people being affected by the sub pages are people wishing to register new accounts to play the game for their first time. They are unable to get online, even patient people would have given up hope and sent their copy back. Right there Mythic have lost a potential customer which has cost them £35 for the daoc:si box, and maybe 1-3 years of subscription fees. Maybe that person will come back in the future, but maybe not.

Dont forget its not as simple as one person doesnt play. He/she tells his friends that the game sucks because they couldnt play it. Another 1+ other potential customer doesnt buy the game.

All in all, the people complaining may be a minority. However, GOAs appauling handling over this incident may have more of a detrimental effect than first thought.

N

not_here

[anger]

1. Rightnow is fine, I hardly call 2 weeks in the last 2 years big down time.

2. They do have email adresses

3. They also have a news page which comtains Info, try reading it.

4. They have paying customers in germany, and far more than in the UK, so it makes sense that they will pay them attention too.

So how about you get a clue before you post some worthless GOA bashing piece of BS.

[/anger]

Haha, well, don't you start a company. Were I work, we have to GUARANTEE 99% availability if we EVER will get a customer. And if we can't provide, we get to pay very large fees for breaking the agreement.
And you call 2 weeks out of 2 years not long? Are you stupid? Thats a fucking eternity.

GoA is lame, face it.

M

Meerclar

dont forget the ppl who want to cancel their subs but cant and will be billed for something they dont want.

F

freeq

GOA's CS is gash everyone knows that. i dout (sp) a petition will change anything either

the people who cant cancel subs, go to your bank if you know its up for renewal and cancel it there.

correct me if i am wrong but was RightNever down like last month when goa refused to reply to anyone and anything unlees it was fixing lost chars?
the XML (the web page thingy cant mind it off hand) has been broken since err 1.59 or some shit, cant really call that competance.

people have been complaiing for months about GOA's lack of ability, this just seems to be the last straw, specially with the constant lieing with thier news, people are just sick of it.
i am for one, coz there is nothing to gain by bullshitting your customer's and everything to loose.

i understand the folks saying leave em alone and all that, you guys have more patience than i do :D i used to be a firm believer of thier abilities, now i just dont know...

i bet in about a month or 2 when everyone is playing again most of this will be forgotten untill the next time something screws up and people will all start remembering this... its usually the same with online games

W

Whoodoo_RD

ppl are still receiving emails ppl, a guildie got his last night along with a free months subs :)

Jammy git hehe

P

pihlss

in my hometown the resellers have put down all clients
from there shells due to people is returning the clients(game) due to they cant register the game.

I would like a better CS from GOA:

ex ingame support.

O

old.Tohtori

*looks around*

Oh my, golly gee wiz. There be a lot of high horses around and a load of horsepoop also. Golly, tinksywinksy i wonder what all this commosion be about. Might it be that GOAboathingydoo have done something again.

EDIT: No i won't grow up, FOAD or STFU :p

M

mib666

Ok, lets go back and see how many of these were related to "service" and how many were related to new patches or questions about the game, neither of witch GOA can do.

Tilda

I also blame the GOA Witch ;)

T

Tilda

Originally posted by asorek
tell you what tilda FUCK OFF and stop flaming me.
your supposed to be a moderator..wel ive reported you..grow up.

Ok, that wasnt a flame ;)

Yes I am a moderator but I also play the game, thus I have a more accurate view of what the real story is.

I am a moderator but I also have views and oppinions which I can and do express.
All I was doing then was stating my oppioning that all you GOA bashing people need to wake up to the real world and see that compared to SWG, Shadowbane etc, GOA arnt that bad.

Also, the "23" times RN has been down puuurlllleaseeee
:rolleyes:

If you dont like the game, or if you think that the US get better CS, please, please, please go and play there... :p

Tida

M

mucking_fuppet

Ok, that wasnt a flame ;)

Yes I am a moderator but I also play the game, thus I have a more accurate view of what the real story is.

I am a moderator but I also have views and oppinions which I can and do express.
All I was doing then was stating my oppioning that all you GOA bashing people need to wake up to the real world and see that compared to SWG, Shadowbane etc, GOA arnt that bad.

Also, the "23" times RN has been down puuurlllleaseeee
:rolleyes:

If you dont like the game, or if you think that the US get better CS, please, please, please go and play there... :p

Tida

You're not related to GOA in any way other than playing on their servers.... like the rest of us.

You're a moderator and should therefore set an example, if you wanted freedom of speech you shouldn't have signed up.

GOA are that bad I'm afraid, especially when compared to mythic who are running the same game... it's a lot harder to compare completely different games, and you have to remember the games you listed are pretty new, DAoC has been going for a long time and the service provided by GOA is as worthless as ever.

Now, if you went into a restaurant, and ordered a burger and chips, and the burger you got was a burnt little lump that resembled a turd, whilst the chips looked like fingerbones painted black... and your friend had been to a restaurant of the same chain, but in a different town... you'd be angry. Would you consider it justified if someone then told you to go to another restaurant if you didn't like the way things had turned out, despite you having shelled out a lot of money? Would you consider it not that bad after all because a couple of people in the restaurant were getting decent meals?

L

-Lonewolf-

Don't see why its fair that I paid £30 originally went I bought Euro DAOC then another £15-20 when I got SI Euro

And then pay increased subs on a European server for a service that is shite

Its not an issue of us stating that if we think its crap we should go to America we shouldn't have to make that choice after already investing £40-50 of our money in the euro version

Also like muppet said when comparing different games its completely different as their are varying reasons for problems and I think ur find the CS for SWG and for SB is actually quite good

Played both myself

As for GOA they have no reason to provide a bad service because Mythic prove that it is quite viable to provide a good service to your customers

Trading standards should really take a step in here in France

We are customers paying for a service that requires a certain expectation of the providers, if that service is not upto scratch then we should be compensated

I mean what exactly do we pay them monthly for?

Shoddy, slow patching?

Unstable servers?

Bad unexpected lag?

Terrible communication channels?

Security loop holes?

Character hacking?

I mean please someone tell me exactly what benefits I get for paying them?

And GOA should be issuing free month subscriptions to people who have missed out

I for one have not been able to log on Euro DAoC for 3 weeks now

Does that mean I get 3 Weeks free subscription? No? yes?

I am not bashing GOA as much as trying to make some kind of sense out of people defending them and/or justifying them being a good provider of a service?

Imagine this was a mortgage company people would be furious just because its a MMORPG company a niche market doesn't mean we should have to put up with a Second Rate Provider I certainly wouldn't expect it from my.....

Bank
Mortgage provider
ISP Provider
Telephone Provider
Electricity Provider
Gas Provider

If any of those companies service was slack they would be receiving a call from standards agencies

Just my 2p

K

kameh

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
I mean what exactly do we pay them monthly for?

Shoddy, slow patching?

Unstable servers?

Bad unexpected lag?

Terrible communication channels?

Trust me I'm not a huge fan of GOA but I personally dont think the servers are that unstable, they've improved vastly over the last year. Mostly it's ISP problems on the client end that cause disconnections and lag, not GOA or thier infrastructure. Sure they have thier problems, but so does every company.

I do hope they start posting more regular updates on the DAOC website and cut out the rather bitchy sound "we communicate only when we have something to say" attitude. They're not helping themselves with an attitude of "we'll talk when we damn well want". Does GOA have a public relations department? :D

L

-Lonewolf-

Well in my own experience I have suffered severe lag on GOA servers

My ISP? Maybe

But then why do i play on the USA servers without a breath of lag even at peak time 4am our time

I think you better look at wanadoo's infrastructure then ur see the real lag problems lol

B

bibobobo

Originally posted by -Lonewolf-
Well in my own experience I have suffered severe lag on GOA servers

My ISP? Maybe

The lag is prolly a result of your ISP and GOA because i think that (although a lot of people do get severe lag) thousands are fine

L

-Lonewolf-

Maybe but lag is still a minor part of the whole picture

GOA LOVER!!! MWHAHAAHA

Ahem :clap:

V

Vim

Originally posted by bibobobo
Recently all i have heard in the forums is people slagging off GOA. I and completely understand people being angry. I am. I bought the game just after the subscription pages went down therefore i have had no chance to play it. That’s why I’m not complaining about people being annoyed at the situation.

But I think some people are getting carried away when they are posting URL's to petitions to stop GOA form hosting Camelot.

Although i have only heard things from other people, I think i have a pretty good idea about what has happened. GOA had no choice but to shut-down everything when someone hacked them. If they had left it up, User and Credit Card details would have been at risk of being stolen by the hacker. (I think everyone would rather have a few weeks downtime than an un-known German with all your Credit Card details). GOA tried to rectify the situation immediately by sending everyone their username and New passwords. Although some still haven’t been sent theirs, a much higher number of people were. And when they had to close the services, this included a lot of the E-mail services and Right-Now, they had to stop sending the E-mails. This must have been frustrating for people who had not been sent their passwords, but again, if it’s a choice of that or the Kaiser with your CC, I know which I would go for.

And In GOA's most recent news update they responded to a lot of the E-mails sent to them about the lack of News. Not only did this prove that they are listening, but the news made a lot of sense as well.

"Many among you are asking us to communicate more often. For the record, we communicate when we have something to say, if there are no significant changes from one day to the other, we spend time on actually working on the problems rather than putting another news with just "we are working, nothing new".

So although, like me, loads of you are very angry at the situation, I think that some people should lay off GOA especially when people are trying to petition against them. I’m sure I’m going to get a lot of flaming for this but it’s just what I think.

Bibobobo

Well Bibo, when GOA's old forums were up (there were LOADS, and i mean LOADS flames in them) i was first to defend GOA, because they actually DID quite good job, even if people say something else..So when idiots whined "OMG LOGIN SERVER IS DOWN FFS FREE DAY!!" about 2 hour downtime, i laughed. It was just pathetic how they blamed everything on GOA. But lately (okay, it has been going on about 3-4months after release) GOA has done like suckiest customer support ever...

Servers are fine "as is", but everything else basically sucks... GOA must think that "free day" or "two free days" are enough compensation for the customer. In lost time maybe, but they should do better.

Communication is worst ever. CustomerCare is one of the most important aspects of today's business world. GOA does not seem to understand this.

O

old.Tohtori

From CaughtAtWork website:

Memo From HR: We no longer persecute the innocent, we engage in lessons learned - it's a concise way of asking what was learned in an iteration of a process or a project. We consider it a much more friendly than 'OK, who fucked up and how bad?'

Fits :p

B

balthus

I can almost forgive all past problems if they just give me my fkin passes over 2 weeks now is taking the piss and ive made the mistake of doing 12 months subs just b4 it all went down

C

charmsdark

Originally posted by Archeon
Of course, i agree with most people in that GOA tend to patch slower than i'd like. But then i have no idea what they actually do with the translating - or if theres a better way of doing it that they could use.

Here's an idea.. They could patch our UK servers straight away, cos the patch would be in English seeing as it's coming from the US. Don't see why we've gotta wait for the patch to be translated from English to German, French, and English. ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom