Give Goa a chance

B

bibobobo

Recently all i have heard in the forums is people slagging off GOA. I and completely understand people being angry. I am. I bought the game just after the subscription pages went down therefore i have had no chance to play it. That’s why I’m not complaining about people being annoyed at the situation.

But I think some people are getting carried away when they are posting URL's to petitions to stop GOA form hosting Camelot.

Although i have only heard things from other people, I think i have a pretty good idea about what has happened. GOA had no choice but to shut-down everything when someone hacked them. If they had left it up, User and Credit Card details would have been at risk of being stolen by the hacker. (I think everyone would rather have a few weeks downtime than an un-known German with all your Credit Card details). GOA tried to rectify the situation immediately by sending everyone their username and New passwords. Although some still haven’t been sent theirs, a much higher number of people were. And when they had to close the services, this included a lot of the E-mail services and Right-Now, they had to stop sending the E-mails. This must have been frustrating for people who had not been sent their passwords, but again, if it’s a choice of that or the Kaiser with your CC, I know which I would go for.

And In GOA's most recent news update they responded to a lot of the E-mails sent to them about the lack of News. Not only did this prove that they are listening, but the news made a lot of sense as well.

"Many among you are asking us to communicate more often. For the record, we communicate when we have something to say, if there are no significant changes from one day to the other, we spend time on actually working on the problems rather than putting another news with just "we are working, nothing new".

So although, like me, loads of you are very angry at the situation, I think that some people should lay off GOA especially when people are trying to petition against them. I’m sure I’m going to get a lot of flaming for this but it’s just what I think.

Bibobobo

B

Bagloor

GOA'a attitude "we communicate when we have something to say" is totally unaccepteble. Feedback to the customers are the most important thing for a successful company in their business. Even if it's just BS, lies and excuses they tell us. And face it how hard can it be to put a few lines on their website.

M

mucking_fuppet

If this was the first time GOA screwed us over then maybe we'd be willing to let it go... but, ahaha, this kind of crap has happened so many times it just isn't funny.

I

injustice

i ll give to goa something different.......!

D

Draylor

Theyve had a chance - its called the last 18 months.

The time for excuses is over.

Credit card information is handled by a separate company (as is obvious from the process - youll see if/when the website ever becomes available again) so was never an issue.

Your opinion will change, if/when you try dealing with GOA. The information they put on their public website makes them appear better than they are. Not that any company would do otherwise - even our friends GOA arent that silly ;)

A

asorek

dude your all wrong, the credit card details WERE NOT at risk, theyre handled entirely by a seperate company, not even by a subsidiary of GOA...so your details were NEVER at risk! theyre stored on a seperate server WELL away from GOA.. the thing that pisses me off and the general population boils down to this:

1. Lack of customer service
2. The fact that the only way to contact them is down.
3. Lack of information regarding anything.
4. And for me personally, all they talk about it some fucking convention they went to, to show off TOA add-on... yea like some sad fucking german games convention is more important than your fucking paying customers!! ffs!

Anyway, i shall rant no more, thanks to this i've rediscovered my love of Delta Force Task Force Dagger and i shall be pwn'ing n00bs most of this week!! yey me!

B

Bleri McThrust

09/05 Many among you are asking us to communicate more often. For the record, we communicate when we have something to say, if there are no significant changes from one day to the other, we spend time on actually working on the problems rather than putting another news with just "we are working, nothing new".

27/08 Emergency actions have been taken already and the coming days will be used to strengthen the security on our entire platform before bringing back up the various services of Dark Age of Camelot (RightNow & Subscription pages). Current estimations show that it will take several days and that everything should be back to normal at some point next week.

This is the main problem as I see it.

An update at some point, maybe the middle of the week, explaining that things where taking longer than expected was a news worthy article.

An appearance on here by a game GM explaining that would have been better :)

G

Gamah

I dont think they are that bad...although I have NEVER had any problems with them, servers go down for 2 days oh my! They are back up and I can still play.

O

old.Gillaien

Account running out while being on hols and not being able to renew it cause subs page has been taken down for weeks w/o telling anyone what actually happened and w/o giving a deadline at first can't be called anything else but fucking crappy customer service imo.

T

tonita

gamah's just happy because he has his account working, selfish little bastard:D

P

pihlss

I want the same news rate as the US paying costumers

and that is

more and less:

Monday :
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by tonita
gamah's just happy because he has his account working, selfish little bastard:D
I have my p/w, but doesn't stop me from agreeing that GOA are a fucking disgrace.
I really feel for you that don't have them yet, it would drive me insane, and ofc make me very angry at the third-rate company that let things degenerate to this level.

N

ning

Originally posted by pihlss

and that is

more and less:

Monday :
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:

90% of the US news are about the patchs. GOA doesn't make the patchs ...

T

Tilda

I totally agree and think most of the people who are complaing are totally over reacting.

Originally posted by pihlss

and that is

more and less:

Monday :
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday:
Friday:

Ok, lets go back and see how many of these were related to "service" and how many were related to new patches or questions about the game, neither of witch GOA can do.
Looking at the heralds main page i can see 7 of the latest news articles. 5 of them are todo with the trials of atlatis and the beta signup. 1 is the grab bag which GOA cannot do as they dont make the game. Only ONE of them is acctually todo with server operations.

imo its pathetic claiming you want a daily update saying "still working on it, more news as it comes" The US herald do the same thing as the EU servers, they only talk when they have soemthing worth saying and im geting tired of people flaming GOA because there busy working rather than writing news.
Personally i'd much rather they were working on securing the servers etc than typing up some news story saying "no news atm"

Also remember its ONLY a GAME !
Its not like your life depends on being able to play.

Tilda

T

Tilda

Originally posted by asorek
1. Lack of customer service
2. The fact that the only way to contact them is down.
3. Lack of information regarding anything.
4. And for me personally, all they talk about it some fucking convention they went to, to show off TOA add-on... yea like some sad fucking german games convention is more important than your fucking paying customers!! ffs!

[anger]

1. Rightnow is fine, I hardly call 2 weeks in the last 2 years big down time.

2. They do have email adresses

3. They also have a news page which comtains Info, try reading it.

4. They have paying customers in germany, and far more than in the UK, so it makes sense that they will pay them attention too.

[/anger]

T

Tilda

Originally posted by mucking_fuppet
If this was the first time GOA screwed us over then maybe we'd be willing to let it go... but, ahaha, this kind of crap has happened so many times it just isn't funny.

This is the first time rightnow has been down for 2 weeks.
This is the first time they have changed everybodys game and subs password.
This is the first time they have had an abuse of GM tools.

[sarcasm]

But of course, this happens allll the time...

[/sarcasm]

:rolleyes:

L

-Lonewolf-

Been here since the GOA saga began when DAoC first open its doors to the European community

And its sad to say but its been let down upon let down upon let down

As for the person stating that password things and subs page down has never happened

HAHAHAAHAHAHA its been happening since GOA took charge there have been people who have had their accounts locked for no reason people who can't get on the subs pages for days people who characters have been trapped in game for weeks and no one has recovered them

Even people whose chars have disappeared and had to wait weeks for GOA to restore them

I mean is the european community retarded WE PAY THESE PEOPLE MONEY FOR A SERVICE, even the Italian clients get an amazing service

Oh and before you start patting GOA on the back its THEIR fault that they had problems with hacking

Mythic released a statement indicating that the only way that those mobs can appear in game is through the use of the Developer tools which can only be used within the Mythic building

Brings into question the working techniques at GOA, aka working from home

If you ever get to play on the USA servers you will be shocked at how much feedback you get and the sheer amazing service you get

When you have a problem in game you petition a Games Master and POOF they appear to solve it

Patches are regular and on time all the time and there are more than two servers so you can play each realm

There is no such thing as a subs page when you log in a helpful little window opens for you to put all your details in and your credit card etc click done and THATS IT your in and you just go in and play!!

Oh not to mention the Roleplaying servers which are just hilarious

Not to mention the weekly grab bag where people who have asked questions get answered directly by the community leader even specific questions

You may be wondering why I am saying all about USA servers, I am just trying to emphasise that there is so much better out there for DAoC and GOA are just shit plain and simple

Oh and no lag whatsoever its quite amazing as the servers are in the USA, why? Because American pipes 10 times more reliable and large, Wanadoo just suck

As for why don't I go play there, I am have been, since SI started in USA oh and took like 4-5months to get here

:clap:

If I ever had to criticise the american servers it would be for the time difference on the servers but all that serves is you avoid the major zergs in Emain all the time WOOHOO

Depending on which server you join out of the 11+ odd

M

mucking_fuppet

Originally posted by Tilda
This is the first time rightnow has been down for 2 weeks.
This is the first time they have changed everybodys game and subs password.
This is the first time they have had an abuse of GM tools.

[sarcasm]

But of course, this happens allll the time...

[/sarcasm]

:rolleyes:

This sort of thing doesn't mean exactly the same thing, Einstein. GOA have screwed us over many a time, from patches being slow and poorly orchastrated, to downright hideous customer service in general, or lack of basic tools such as Rightnow (which goes down regularly, if not for weeks each time)

There is no justifying this behaviour, GOA must go, they show complete disregard for their customers and are just poor at running an MMORPG in general. Remember the event they tried to organize? A plotless jumble of vague ideas, thrown together in a rather poor attempt to add some interest to the game. Many players couldn't hunt in the 20-30 dungeon for some time. They have just proved they cannot do anything right.

L

-Lonewolf-

That plot was hilarious cleared out catacombs for a week or 2 and no lvl 30's could lvl in there

GOA :clap:

S

Stormm

this has been discussed over and over, and some do hold similar views to Tilda

they probably haven't had any troubles to speak of with GOA service - but as we have seen they seem to be in the minority and most of us agree GOA service is simply not up to standard

chronicles anyone - how long has that situation been going on, excuses after excuses

L

-Lonewolf-

Its just a shame really perfectly beautiful game tarnished by poor implementations and shoddy customer service

Bet alot of people haven't even had a proper taste due to customer service failing them when summin went wrong

Even the french are setting up a petition to get rid of them

B

bibobobo

Originally posted by Stormm
this has been discussed over and over, and some do hold similar views to Tilda

they probably haven't had any troubles to speak of with GOA service - but as we have seen they seem to be in the minority and most of us agree GOA service is simply not up to standard

Stormm, i explained that i am equally as pissed off as you guys for not being able to play and im not just somone saying "i can play, you guys cant, stop moaning!"

My point was that i think some people were getting carried away when they are making petitions against GOA, you are welcome to disagree, thats just my opinion

L

-Lonewolf-

There shouldn't be petitions there should be an investigation by trading standards if there ever was one for MMORPG to put them out of business and implement a better company one who really would make all the effort

Fook petitions get em out

T

tulleh

YEAH FFS LEAVE GOA ALONE, someone may thing that you have nothing else in your life than camelot :S

C

charmsdark

Personally i'd much rather they were working on securing the servers etc than typing up some news story saying "no news atm"

Honestly how long would it take them to put a short update on their site. Can't take an awful long time to put up a "Sorry it's taking a bit longer than we expected, but we're working on it".

Also remember its ONLY a GAME !

Yes it's only a game. But it's a game we pay them for to run. And it being "only a game" is no excuse for the crappy customer service.
It's not like there's been any improvements since they raised the monthly fee either. Not that I've noticed anyway.

L

-Lonewolf-

Very good point they raised their prices to and all i have seen is the service getting worse LMAO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom