Give back old Exc :<

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
Just been thinking about the time when i first started Doac and how amazing it was, nad look at it now :<

Druncken post ofc but <3 to someone or summin

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Just been thinking about the time when i first started Doac and how amazing it was, nad look at it now :<

Druncken post ofc but <3 to someone or summin

Yeah give back Excalibur! Prydwen ruined it for us :(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Valid point :D

But pointless thread tbh ... its like asking ...

'' Why doesn't ice-cream taste as good as it did when i was a little boy ?''

Fact is innocence is lost and cannot be recovered :(

Oh to be a noob again :eek:

Ixnay

Can't get enough of FH
Cluster Excal with the spanish server and Prydwen with Avalon/Lyonesse imo, should do the trick.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Yeh, bring back Old Prydwen Hib Community.
Against the odds and happy about it.
Kthx bye.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
more like excal ruined it for pryd tbh :p
at least from stealther PoV, on prydwen the non-adding rules were respected much more than on Excal, we got used to it and I remember when they clustered I got suddenly added and zerged down, was like wtf those excal zergers:D

guid0

Fledgling Freddie
as far as i recall Deadly Shadows were a prydwen guild, and kinda took stealthzerging to a whole new level ;b

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I meant in NF :)
Deadly Shadows died after ToA if I remember correctly

Everz

FH is my second home
at least from stealther PoV, on prydwen the non-adding rules were respected much more than on Excal, we got used to it and I remember when they clustered I got suddenly added and zerged down, was like wtf those excal zergers:D
Yes really excal had amasses of stealth zergs :eek7:, i think there was only 1 or 2 active warlocks on excal before cluster then we got a load from you lot all of which loved to hug and shag and bled bridge for hours on end. And from my pov, cluster was still a mistake caused more damage then it did good.

C

Carss

Yes really excal had amasses of stealth zergs :eek7:, i think there was only 1 or 2 active warlocks on excal before cluster then we got a load from you lot all of which loved to hug and shag and bled bridge for hours on end. And from my pov, cluster was still a mistake caused more damage then it did good.

We know thats complete bullshit as you had warlocks whoreing 200k a day playing 24/7 before the nerf

This thread is going to turn into a oh my server was better than your server because our server was all roses and your server was all cm....... fuck off with the biast shit and stfu

Everz

FH is my second home
We know thats complete bullshit as you had warlocks whoreing 200k a day playing 24/7 before the nerf

This thread is going to turn into a oh my server was better than your server because our server was all roses and your server was all cm....... fuck off with the biast shit and stfu

but they didnt spend hours on bridges ala pip and co.. although they didnt go down as easy as pip and co. xD

TriggerHappy

Fledgling Freddie
Beat Noname,

tbh, startin the game was great, as puni said, the innocence part was great, how many of u can say u didnt enjoy the game at first, waitin on AC grps, beggin for moderna, or leechin behind a tree in fins :L, actually being proud of yer toon wen it was complete, the problem aint the servers, imo its the lack of, lets face it, the game is in a downward spiral, imo the game should be completely merged to one server,

or better yet, two... one for stealthers and one for 8v8 :p,

this is a great game, ive played a few and none come close, and its unfortunate that the game is losing population, but if GoA merged all the servers to one, it mite gif the game atleast a year or two more of action, and maybe even revive it, or.... leave it as it is.. and watch all the servers die off, :( been playin US for the last 2 months and not one guild over there, even comes CLOSE to guilds here, Eu players Are far superior, i was considered pretty good over there, and i was prolly the worst in Funky time, it would be a shame to see such great players quiting,

there is no language barrier tbh, went to avalon and had a toon toa'd in less than a month (January, pre Afrit shit), and thats all u need language for, RvR is universal laguage, would be great to have 20+ grps runnin each nite, bring the game back to its origins, 8v8 > all else,

and hopefully if it happens, people will stop zergin, Rps are the point of RvR i guess, but tbh, make um genuinely or stay in yer keep, if u want a Max RR....play a free shard, if u want to actually ENJOY rvr, get 7 others, plan a grp and actually try make the Rps honest,

one of the main reasons i left (not allowed speak on behalf of my guild :p) was because of the zergs on avalon, three zerg balls roamin the frontier every nite, 2-3 grps on stick... whats the point, id happily stay at rr6 for ever, if it meant 8v8 action,

tbh, i realise i have went off track in my ramblings here, but its late and im gettin all my opinion out there :p ,

anyone disagree? (wit the main points, )

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Having played on both Excalibur and Prydwen for longer periods of time I'd have to say that Prydwen were the better one for a soloer before cluster, 8v8 were a bit lacking but there were still some decent fights to be had pre-cluster.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Think the realm war/community side of the game went downhill soon after cluster, not sure it was the cause or just a stage the game had reached anyhow.

Cluster was a bit of a culture shock for pryd, particularly for the realmwar. Nearly all high rr on pryd had been the 8v8 lot till then. Suddenly you have all these rr10+ albs out of nowhere in every siege situation.

Had to happen tho, it will have to happen clustering with the krauts etc too. Will cause still more fractured, factioned community as noo one knows who the fuck anyone still playing is, has no real realm allegience (well that's been so already a while), and can't even talk to each other.

Disagree with the above post about german not being an obstical on german servers. Sure you can get all the technical stuff in-game done, but you can never be a real part of the server life - you can't understand BGs, read the forums, just casually join grps, etc.. I'm not a very social player, but ultimately, I like to know peeps on the server, be it fighting with em, killing em, or reading their forum posts...even if not friends or talk to em in game.

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
so much racism & hidden hate between pryd and über excal players.. :ninja:

Eladamri

Fledgling Freddie
why do ppl never learn...

its the same bullshit everytime, someone QQs about old days, ofc most times the person who QQs doesnt play anymore and havent for some time.

daoc is dead bla bla. old days fuck yeah bla bla. my server was best bla bla. EU ppl owns US ppl in skillz blalbla bla warhammer will kill daoc blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

why dont ppl just stop these threads, was the same before wow came was the same before all the other tons of MMO games and yet still, many ppl who still play daoc is continuing to have fun and prolly will do so a year into warhammer release. great games dont die easy.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
On the plus side do regard many excal players as old enemies and rivals by now. :)

Blazor Meneth

Fledgling Freddie

Didnt u have like the worst alb sth zergers ever? =)

C

Carss

Think the realm war/community side of the game went downhill soon after cluster, not sure it was the cause or just a stage the game had reached anyhow.

Cluster was a bit of a culture shock for pryd, particularly for the realmwar. Nearly all high rr on pryd had been the 8v8 lot till then. Suddenly you have all these rr10+ albs out of nowhere in every siege situation.

Had to happen tho, it will have to happen clustering with the krauts etc too. Will cause still more fractured, factioned community as noo one knows who the fuck anyone still playing is, has no real realm allegience (well that's been so already a while), and can't even talk to each other.

Disagree with the above post about german not being an obstical on german servers. Sure you can get all the technical stuff in-game done, but you can never be a real part of the server life - you can't understand BGs, read the forums, just casually join grps, etc.. I'm not a very social player, but ultimately, I like to know peeps on the server, be it fighting with em, killing em, or reading their forum posts...even if not friends or talk to em in game.

I think NF killed the kind of realm spirit kind of thing, back then was massive wars between realms and it was dead everywhere else if you werent participating, everyone in the same boat no matter what...... NF is just nasty really, im hoping that the new revamp thats in the pipeworks at mythic will be nice but its going to be too long of a wait for it, if it is even any good at all

C

Carss

Didnt u have like the worst alb sth zergers ever? =)

Yeh funny how people forget such things, when a stealther popped on you, you had to constantly be ready for the other 5 and be moving all the time so that if they wanted to get you they had to risk unstealthing and sprinting after you and risk getting stealth zerged or mowed down by a full group themselves :p

Gamah

Banned
Yeh funny how people forget such things, when a stealther popped on you, you had to constantly be ready for the other 5 and be moving all the time so that if they wanted to get you they had to risk unstealthing and sprinting after you and risk getting stealth zerged or mowed down by a full group themselves :p

5 Stealthers for a bd? nps!

Strafe and lifetap, Strafe and Lifetap! while they tried to kill you and ignored the heal pets xD

C

Carss

5 Stealthers for a bd? nps!

Strafe and lifetap, Strafe and Lifetap! while they tried to kill you and ignored the heal pets xD

heh heh yeh you had some right idiots, even if they went for pets after rr6 when i finally leveled my own buff bot so i wasnt perma unbuffed, the pets were fully buffed too..... seeing 5/6 stealthers pop on your pets doing no damage whatsoever while you nuke them down was lol :p

Give back those times in HW and Odins soloing jamiesmallicus' groups time after time and he kept coming back for more :) somtimes even with a bard to mezz the pets :p

Yurka

One of Freddy's beloved
reminds me when i focus killed a pally on simmerns enchanter xD

Jupiter

Fledgling Freddie
Give back those times in HW and Odins soloing jamiesmallicus' groups time after time and he kept coming back for more :) somtimes even with a bard to mezz the pets :p

the whole thing of jamies & group never existed, we tried, but every 5 secs somebody would ask "wtf is jamies?" answer would usually be "i'm going thru the mg chasing somebody"... followed by "wtf ffs".... usually followed by "i'm dead" .... usually followed by us now running as 7 trying to get to jamies and getting wiped..... he always reminds me of a dog chasing a car... /hug jamies

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom