Girlfriend of a raid leader

vavigirl

Fledgling Freddie
Hi!

To all of you who don't know me (which is everyone :p )I'm Vavires' girlfriend (technically fiancee) and this is my first time on this board.
With all the commotion lately I decided to check it out for myself, it might not interest you what I have to say but I will say it anyway (as I always do!)

To me a hobby should be fun and something you love to do, this was a hobby for Vavi until people started getting annoyed and gave him more bad comments than anything else. This game is (or was) very important to him, I saw how much time he put in it, and how he got to know a lot of great people but then it started to change, he started getting annoyed and depressed about it. I don't know anything about this game, does he make mistakes sometimes? I'm sure he does, the only way to not make mistakes is to do nothing. If people put their time in hosting raids I believe it is up to them to set the rules and the way they lead it, people who don't like it can either host one themselves or go to someones elses, that seems pretty simple.
He is the sweetest guy though but if you push him he will push you back.
It is still a hobby though, and him getting accused of being selfish, egocentric (he is the least egocentric person I know) and even a thief, that's damn right personal. if you say things like that you are gonna hurt someone, and if that someone puts a lot ot time and effort in this thing to get shit like that, it's gonna hurt a lot. I know him and I see that more than anything he is hurt, not angry
He doesn't need to be adored (oh please) all he wants is to be appreciated, and judging by some posts he is not. Hell if it were me I would have said fuck off a long time ago and gotten another hobby, but he liked this game so I guess it ain't that easy. Lately though he really has had enough of it, and I can't blame him.
Needless to say I won't be sorry if he does quit this game, it takes up a lot of time, time I would much rather have him with me :)

In general I'd just like to say, treat people better, we are all different, if you don't like the way someone acts here let it be and go to other raids with other people. I've read that raid leaders always come and go here, well if this is the way they are treated I am not surprised!

To all the people who really know Vavi, you know he has the best intentions and doesn't deserve this, enough said

Goodnight everyone!
Eveke

Btw he doesn't know I'm posting here so this will be quite the surprise :wub:

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
There is 2 sides to every coin.

What i suggest is that you buy the game Mrs Vav and play it for a while, and then you maybe beable to see the bigger picture. :fluffle:

Ucallme

Banned
Vav is a great guy :)

Now i said something nice can i borrow your mrs? :p

Amphrax

FAM87

Loyal Freddie
Well dont really know him that well, but i have played with him, and joined in on his raids, think its a great thing that he hosts them :)

other than that i have exprienced him as a nice guy :cheers:

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
Needless to say I won't be sorry if he does quit this game, it takes up a lot of time, time I would much rather have him with me

That won't happen, he will be playing another game with me :fluffle:.

--

And yes, the person/s that accused him of stealing are utterly sad and need a serious throw into the wall to wake up. Vav is one of my better friends in DAoC, and one that took their time to get to know him will know that this is nothing by senseless, ignorant and... perhaps jelous? comments.

Congratulations midgard, you lost a great person thanks to your own greed!

It is an extreme sad moment for when one realises the time put into this, may it be a game, but still, is worth nothing. The enjoyment this game did provide at a time, is lost. When midgard hate and despises midgard more than hib/albs, one should realise something is wrong. All there is to see lately is whitchhunts for people in midgard, you all say Albs are 12-year old kids that don't know how to play and zerg, guess what, THEY STICK TOGETHER!

Too many people in midgard backstab eachother, and nonetheless the raid leaders. Vavires did great on leading the raids, and you thank him by attacking him and accusing him of stealing, you should be ashamed!

You can't treat people however you like, and expect them to continue doing services for you.

--

As I wrote above, congratulations on loosing a great person,

raid leaders are real people, raid leaders do not work for GOA, raid leaders do not get paid for leading the raids, they do it for the realm,

-----------------

Those that do wish to know,

I have not been playing DAoC much lately, and I'm tired of how the community treats one another. There is only 1 enjoyment in DAoC left for me, which is one weekly raid. I'm tired of the whitchhunt,

/Ovron

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
well, the prob is that in Midgard, it seems that the only drive for people to keep playing appears to be greed, and realmpoints. By the actions of those people accusing Vav, I can only think that it must be their jealousy speaking.

Having lead a good amount of Masterlevel raids myself.. I can most definately say that it's a pain in the arse. People going on idle while letting their avatar be dragged along on /stick, people just plainly don't listen to the raidleader, and do whatever they like to do, like activating trials etc... have experienced everything multiple times already myself, which is also one of the reasons I stopped hosting. (that and lack of time).

People don't realize that there are real people behind every cartoon that's in this game, and whatever you say to those people, has a very real effect.

I have the utmost respect for MvdB that he does the things he does in a time where the 'spirit of Midgard' is slowly (or rather fast tbh) breaking apart.

Midgard, Chapot! made another person get bored of this game. (and well, Eef, Enjoy Mich as long as you can, cos in November DnL starts :p)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
hehe :D not to be rude or anything, but im pretty sure it vavi :ddddddddddd

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Yeh vavi is a real good guy, his nice to talk with, and me and my guild show alot of respect towards him. ( bradlex in venom)

His a real nice person and it's a shame to see he is unhappy, maybe some guildies can chear him up.

( im unavailable lately so i won't be on for a while)

Anway take care my venom guildies while im away, and vav and GF you take care to and have some fun! :cheers:

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
I'm afraid I'm finding myself agreeing with this post :(

How would he not know that you're posting, if you found your way here?
And if that is so, how the hell did you guess that you had to go under "prydwen/midgard, on some webbie called freddy's house?".

Gaino

Fledgling Freddie
Tasslehoff said:
I'm afraid I'm finding myself agreeing with this post :(

How would he not know that you're posting, if you found your way here?
And if that is so, how the hell did you guess that you had to go under "prydwen/midgard, on some webbie called freddy's house?".

easy as his gf im pretty sure shes been there seeing him read fh and such and just went there herself... simple math really

and ye DnL looks promising i myself is thinking of joining ovvy vav there aswell due to this "new" spirit of midgars where u backstab as many as u can in shortest time and expect em to b happy about it /accept it

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...if you cant see the difference...

Huntingtons said:

Hehe...not to be rude or anything, but if you cant see the difference in writing between this post and the posts that vavi writes...then you need to reread his post. Id say im pretty sure it is NOT vavi...he just isnt as eloquent. (Said in the most respectful way but hey its true!:)

On a whole other note...

Ingaf hit the spot...its just impossible to stay with raidhosting in this day of age. And its not the raidleaders that bring this on themselvs. It is a small but very visable minority of the population that force them to stop hosting raids or just plainly stop playing.

Ofc there are exceptions to this rule...unfortunatly there is only 1 so far...Bluesky how on earth do bare with it ?:)

/Charmangle

ps. Mrs Vavi...just give the guy a hug from a vast majority of the realm!:) And tell him to pay no heed to the 2 negative posts out of what ? 50 positive ones! The negativism is even though annoyingly loudmouthed still a very small minority! ds.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Gaino said:
easy as his gf im pretty sure shes been there seeing him read fh and such and just went there herself... simple math really

and ye DnL looks promising i myself is thinking of joining ovvy vav there aswell due to this "new" spirit of midgars where u backstab as many as u can in shortest time and expect em to b happy about it /accept it
That might be. Just saying what I think :)

I seriously doubt that he's girlfriend would look over his shoulder, watch exactly what webbie it was and what category it was under. She figured out how to use this :fluffle: smiley too... I'm just saying I'm doubting the sincerity of the post. I can't prove that I'm right.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Tasslehoff said:
That might be. Just saying what I think :)

I seriously doubt that he's girlfriend would look over his shoulder, watch exactly what webbie it was and what category it was under. She figured out how to use this :fluffle: smiley too... I'm just saying I'm doubting the sincerity of the post. I can't prove that I'm right.
plus she might, just might... check other php-forums aswell? hey, you never know, maybe she's into the chat aswell..

and plus... freddyshouse.. how bout History, Favorites?

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
Gaino is... joining me on DnL? doom d00m :eek7:

So far its me, inga, vav and a friend of mine that hasn't played DAoC that much, and yes, you are welcome gaino :) (schmelly d0rf)

/Ovron

Gaino

Fledgling Freddie
Ovron said:

So far its me, inga, vav and a friend of mine that hasn't played DAoC that much, and yes, you are welcome gaino :) (schmelly d0rf)

/Ovron

spank u ovvy spank u velly much :worthy:

applied for beta so lets c if im in b4 its released... and no1 else is gona play this accs if it happens never gona sell em i just stove em away and burn settings to a cd etc to keep em for good memory :D

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
If Vav is looking for appreciation then unfortunately he is not going to get it by running raids, as with any walk of life you will find that more people criticise than congratulate - that's not to say that he is not appreciated it's just that the negative people tend to shout louder.

Let Vav know that every person who hasn't said a bad word is thankful for the raids he has run, but if he is looking for solid proof of that appreciation then it is unlikely to show itself here - that unfortunately is just human nature.

To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.

Fen

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Gaino said:
spank u ovvy spank u velly much :worthy:

applied for beta so lets c if im in b4 its released... and no1 else is gona play this accs if it happens never gona sell em i just stove em away and burn settings to a cd etc to keep em for good memory :D

hehe same mate :D I am the only Ingafgrinn Macabre in this game. always have been, Always will be :D

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
I'm female too.

I just got the odd male voice and look. Still sexy though.

Best thing one can do to cheer a boy friend up who is playing and depressed about the game is to crawl under the desk while he is playing and give him a head. I luv it.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Ovron said:

/Ovron

I also bought GW yesterday, and rolled a necro ;)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Manisch Depressiv said:
I'm female too.

I just got the odd male voice and look. Still sexy though.

Best thing one can do to cheer a boy friend up who is playing and depressed about the game is to crawl under the desk while he is playing and give him a head. I luv it.

rofl

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:
I'm female too.

crawl under the desk while he is playing and give him a head. I luv it.
you must be good in playing with only one hand :D

vavigirl

Fledgling Freddie
Lol
I knew people would say that I was vavi himself, I think it's quite obvious I am not (spelling faults and all :eek6: )
I'm well aware I know nothing about the game, I just wanted to give my 2 cents on how to treat people, which was the issue here

For people who don't believe, this is not my first time on a forum, I'm on a couple of them daily so it's not like I don't know how to use one.
When vavi's playing he will sometimes ask me to check something on this site through my computer (yeah he's lazy) so I know all about this site and where I have to be (it's even in my favourites)
But I guess sometimes it's easier to think the worst of people

Anyway glad to see the positive reactions, knowing vavi he will not completely stop playing this game but he will need some time I think

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
tell him to come back...its just a game and an online game at that. That means people feel free to be really nasty and mean or judgemental because there is no face to face contact and all the social ettiquette of normal conversations go out the window. So therefore criticism will be harsher and more cutting. Tell him the game wouldn't be the same without the big characters behind the toons. Hes a character alright so come back and keep playing mate.

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
Ingaf hit the spot...its just impossible to stay with raidhosting in this day of age. And its not the raidleaders that bring this on themselvs. It is a small but very visable minority of the population that force them to stop hosting raids or just plainly stop playing.

Ofc there are exceptions to this rule...unfortunatly there is only 1 so far...Bluesky how on earth do bare with it ?:)
I still enjoy it m8y - after hosting around 200 public raids including 65 Dragon Raids I STILL love running them - last nights was an especially good one and thats the reason I still do them :)

The FFA arti raids, ml steps, misc farming etc. are not as much fun tbh but the spirit and togetherness is what makes me do them now - check my mods - very low on both Erinys and Jacinas but im still running them purely because i like doing it - and thats my own personal motivation to run so many raids - simply I'd rather lead others (if they will allow me to) than be lead by others - for the majority of the time anyway hehe :)

If Vavires does his raids for any reason OTHER than because he likes it then I would ask why do you still do them Vav? People like your raids and come on them but, and its a very big BUT, only do them becuse you want to - any other reason just isnt good enough imo m8.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Bluesky said:
I still enjoy it m8y - after hosting around 200 public raids including 65 Dragon Raids I STILL love running them - last nights was an especially good one and thats the reason I still do them :)

The FFA arti raids, ml steps, misc farming etc. are not as much fun tbh but the spirit and togetherness is what makes me do them now - check my mods - very low on both Erinys and Jacinas but im still running them purely because i like doing it - and thats my own personal motivation to run so many raids - simply I'd rather lead others (if they will allow me to) than be lead by others - for the majority of the time anyway hehe :)

If Vavires does his raids for any reason OTHER than because he likes it then I would ask why do you still do them Vav? People like your raids and come on them but, and its a very big BUT, only do them becuse you want to - any other reason just isnt good enough imo m8.

I did it cause i liked it. And to help others. Lately its more cause friends asked me to host them.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Shame to hear about this, dont normally look here but saw the post and was being nosey :D

Raid leading can be one the biggest pain in the arse things to do, on alb it can go really well or be god damn awful. Personally i hate leading public raids however always willing to help out the leader as it is such a thankless job most the time (but not always)

If your getting hassle from it, dont let it force you out game if you still enjoy it. Just dont lead large public raids. Or do as Greaper is doing on his ml runs at the moment. He is in overal control of the raid, makes me BG leader and when people start to piss either of us off they find themself out of the raid. You be surprised how well that gets others under control (Also, by me being the one taking action against people it lets them moan at me and leave him alone. And im used to it :D )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom