Gimp Yourself !!!

A

Arthwyr

Past year this board has been filled with whines from hibs/mids/albs about wich classes/abilities of the other realms are overpowered and should be "nerfed". It's getting old therefore I present to you the following challenge: Post here wich class of your own realm should be nerfed because it is overpowered and try motivating your choice if possible. If you play high level RvR on multiple realms you are free to include your perspecive on that aswell. There is a fair chance that this will be the shortest nerf thread ever but take your best shot at it and be realistic about it :)

A

Arnor

Zerkers need a nerf, but a 35% across the board dmg-reduction isnt the way to do this. When min-maxing a zerker can do just too much dmg, frenzy mode or not.

Chanters need a nerf, and the """"""""""""nerf"""""""""" that mythic brought was bullcrap and it basically just eliminated the 44mana rest light spec and made the debuff harder to resist.

O

old.Tzeentch

I cant really think of any class in hib that needs a nerf =/ mages already have a hard enough time without more grief to them, the hero is good in comparison with the other 'tanks' of the realm, but nowhere overpowered.. naturalists seem fine, druid seems good, stealthers.. lol, a joke..

if anything its the RAs that need a nerfing, but then so do quite a few from the other realms :E

G

Gahldir

nerf chanters. having dmg shield aura in mana-spec is not on pair with the 2 other petmages. should be in enchantment imo. strangely enough they put the mightiest petbuff in a none-petbuff specline. also, since it lately have been the new fashion to do petpull-groups in hib, this would be good since any tank-class now are as wanted in those group as Rangers and Nightshades always have been to any group.

Mana specline is a bit overpowered. Enchantment specline is, don't know how 1.62 will affect it tho, gimped. Moving it would take those 2 lines a little step closer to eachother atleast.

R

Rollie_David

zerks do toomuch damage but i hope mythic dont screw the class completely.

SZ should'nt hit as hard as they do, they do need to lose damage but when they do lose damage should be given a stun off evade like both infs/ns have as well as sb being able to gain access to a con/dex debuff or have the option to spec thrust wep.

Chanters, we all know that chanters are the most overpower class in game due to that heat debuff in the pbaoe line along with a baseline stun

Only commented on these classes as ive played these.

V

Vasconcelos

Originally posted by Strapon Sally

Strapon Sally Necro

NERF!!
Ur freakin necro who can kill red mobs in PVE while my ice wizz can barelly kill easy yellows. :p:p

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Strapon Sally
SZ should'nt hit as hard as they do, they do need to lose damage but when they do lose damage should be given a stun off evade like both infs/ns have as well as sb being able to gain access to a con/dex debuff or have the option to spec thrust wep.

afaik you do have a stun style in LA in the evade chain. dunno how long it is tho.

L

loxleyhood

Minstrels were over-loved imo, but I've never played one so I don't express that as my view.

Im just jeleous that they get Safe fall and scouts don't.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Gahldir
afaik you do have a stun style in LA in the evade chain. dunno how long it is tho.

and there's the problem

You have to spec to 39 in LA to get it, and its stuns after the second style after evade.

T

Tualatin

Originally posted by Vasconcelos
NERF!!
Ur freakin necro who can kill red mobs in PVE while my ice wizz can barelly kill easy yellows. :p:p

Lol, asif a paladin can't solo red con mobs in PvE aswell :d

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Tualatin
Lol, asif a paladin can't solo red con mobs in PvE aswell :d

given an hour...

nerf necros in solo pve :)

P

Pin

Infiltrators need a nerf as they are just far too easy to play considering Rogues are supposed to be minority classes.

Necromancers need a PvE nerf. Chain-killing oranges 3 at a time solo with no downtime is kinda rediculous. Need a whole lotta work to fix other stuff though.

All other classes I play are fine (or need loving) imo.

O

old.Filip

Minstrels were over-loved imo, but I've never played one so I don't express that as my view.

in some ways i agree with you here loxley...

first of all im sure minstrel is 1 of the most fun and most challenging class to play atm ....

in general i would say vs casual players, new players, bad teamplayers, the minser is really overpowered

vs the pro hib//mid groups it is not ...

why is that ?

first of all becuase the minstrel got 30948213 tools to play with in a g v g figth ..

im the firm belive in playing the minser as a support class who only interupt, mess//demezz and stops fleeing enemies...
so if the minser is left alone he migth not kill a lot of ppl .. but he has the chance of taking 50%-90% of the enemy support out of the enemy group...

but vs a pro mid/hib group im happy if i get 1-2 mezzed//demezzed before i have to figth for my life or have to go into melee...
allso the ablative is stronger vs confused enemy groups ... the good groups use assist and then 70 HP each 6 sec is nothing ...
but those groups who run around allover and hit different ppl really get hurt by the abalative .. (remember it is a chant so every time i use an instument it turns off)

so conclusion ... vs new players//badly organised groups the minser is over powered ... vs the pro groups it is not ...

Filip
Minser of HB

P

Puppetmistress

Not really Albion specific, but more in general:

Remove focus-shield from pets entirely. It has the potential to ruin PvE experience for any other class except PBAoE, healer/mana-battery and the pet-class.

J

Jiggs

hmm in albion is tough to pick an overpowered class since all our abilities are spread over alot of different classes.

currently paladins, air therugists and friars are probably the most 'complete' classes but i wouldnt go so far as to say any of them need a nerf.

necromancers are extremely overpowered in PvE though, thats true...

i guess the full enhance clerics at atk are pretty uber also ;)

A

Ambulance

Aye Necro`s in PvE

You cant go to any decent XP spot now in barrows <insert any spot with undead mobs here>without a necro or two camping 24/7 with grey alts stuck their ass.........

B

belth

Buff necros up in RvR before touching them in PvE, otherwise they're usable for... Fuck all.

B

belth

Originally posted by Arnor2
and there's the problem

You have to spec to 39 in LA to get it, and its stuns after the second style after evade.

I doubt SBs are willing to spec 50 in LA to get a reactionary 9s stun, not after 1.62.

P

Pin

Originally posted by belth
I doubt SBs are willing to spec 50 in LA to get a reactionary 9s stun, not after 1.62.

I believe the request would be to have an evade-based stun in one of the baselines (sword or axe) to match Thrust/Pierce.

B

belth

Originally posted by Pin
I believe the request would be to have an evade-based stun in one of the baselines (sword or axe) to match Thrust/Pierce.

I doubt they'd get 9s reactionary anyhow (or be willing to spec it, not most anyhow), hence they'd still complain about DFang :(

A

Arnor

give em 2.5 spec points and you'd be surprised :rolleyes:

S

salamurhaaja

I doubt they'd get 9s reactionary anyhow (or be willing to spec it, not most anyhow), hence they'd still complain about DFang :(

I think 95% of all SBs would spec to get style like df.

EDIT: but topic wasn't about la/df thing, let's try to discuss what topic says, plz

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by Arnor2
and there's the problem

and there's the problem

you have to spec 50 in thrust to get df, wile all other thrust styles r just worthless crap :)

rlly =)

B

bracken_woodman

Nerf paladins! They're putting us s/s armsmen out of work :p

S

Silenzio

an btw to be in topik...

Suppression Bonedancer would need a some *cough* Review...

cant find any alb classes that r overpowered in rvr by me...

minstrell have lot ov toys... but r damn hard to play...

mmm but if u wish i can name some worthless race n class

Avalonian... ugly n worthless

Fire Wizzard ... worthless

V

vintervargen

Talivar needs a serious nerfbat between the eyez :p

R

ravenslore

dont nerf me im justa poor boy from a poor family!!!

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by Jiggs
i guess the full enhance clerics at atk are pretty uber also ;)

Agree :) and RA's needs a nerf imo, and even tho DF might be evil, its the only way i win fights vs. other assassins....

P.s. Anyone that can tell me how long the Pierce lvl 25 style stuns? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom