Music Gigs... who are you seeing this year?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
U2 are doing a Joshua Tree tour. I would like to go to that but don't want to pay £200 for a ticket! :(

sayward

Resident Freddy
Green Day at 'Bercy'. Just now. One of the best performances I have ever seen!

sayward

Resident Freddy
OMG A7X has cancelled Milan tonight! Matt has laryngitis and we are due to see them next week in Paris!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Went to see an electronic act called Plaid on Saturday in Moseley. Properly small venue, probably 200 in there max, cracking night.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I still think of Ryan Giggs shagging his brother's wife when I see this thread :(

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I'm going to Wacken this year. It's gonna be sick. Emperor are doing a 20th (25th? I dunno) anniversary tour of their best album, and Mayhem are also gonna be playing De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas in it's entirety. So that's two of the best black metal albums of all time, plus Kreator, who are my favourite band, and a load of other stuff.

I haven't been to any metal shows for months so I can't wait.

sayward

Resident Freddy
OMG just booked Greenday in Sheffield and found out Foos are at Bercy the same night! That'll be 3x we have missed them!

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
So since I last posted here I've been to see The Dillinger Escape Plan in Manchester, Black Peaks in Newcastle, The King Blues in Leeds and back to Newcastle for Touché Amoré. :D

Coming up I've got Empire, a Gojira / Code Orange / Car Bomb tour, The King Blues again, Blink 182 in the summer and hopefully Arctangent festival in August. Trying to get to at least 30 proper gigs this year, so far it's been an unreal year for live music.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Just seen Disturbed and Avenged 7X at Bercy! Brilliant. 3rd time this year!!

leggy

Probably Scottish
Got a few lined up already...

The XX (on Saturday!!)
Bear's Den
Japandroids
Future Islands
Angel Olsen
Radiohead
Interpol
Flaming Lips
Warpaint

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Going to see Russell Howard at the Royal Albert Hall tonight. Very excited, seems like a long time since I've had a good laugh.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
So since I last posted here I've been to see The Dillinger Escape Plan in Manchester, Black Peaks in Newcastle, The King Blues in Leeds and back to Newcastle for Touché Amoré. :D

Coming up I've got Empire, a Gojira / Code Orange / Car Bomb tour, The King Blues again, Blink 182 in the summer and hopefully Arctangent festival in August. Trying to get to at least 30 proper gigs this year, so far it's been an unreal year for live music.

What were The King Blues like?

sayward

Resident Freddy
Have quite fallen for the lead singer of Disturbed! Very out of character for me. Usually like blokes with really long hair.....

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
Have quite fallen for the lead singer of Disturbed! Very out of character for me. Usually like blokes with really long hair.....

My gf got tickets to see Avenged Sevenfold/Disturbed/In Flames recently. I would have rather hacked my fucking face off with a rusty spoon than gone but HEY BF DUTY and she's ace so fuck it I went. In Flames and Avenged Sevenfold were mind numbingly awful. Disturbed a bit less so, they were pretty good live even though I am not a fan in the slightest.

Thankfully I have decent gigs like Pertubator, Cold Cave and Drab Majesty to look forward to.

sayward

Resident Freddy
My gf got tickets to see Avenged Sevenfold/Disturbed/In Flames recently. I would have rather hacked my fucking face off with a rusty spoon than gone but HEY BF DUTY and she's ace so fuck it I went. In Flames and Avenged Sevenfold were mind numbingly awful. Disturbed a bit less so, they were pretty good live even though I am not a fan in the slightest.

Thankfully I have decent gigs like Pertubator, Cold Cave and Drab Majesty to look forward to.
I am not your friend! But saying that all previous A7X albums and gigs have been better. But I love Disturbed.

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I am not your friend! But saying that all previous A7X albums and gigs have been better. But I love Disturbed.

Haha SOWWY :p That kind of music isn't my thing at all. If I go for metal I like grindcore/hardcore. :)

sayward

Resident Freddy
We have tickets for Green Day in Sheffield Monday July 3rd. So Foo Fighters are on in Paris the same day, we got priority booking cos we've missed them twice. Opted for Green Day and got tickets for Alter Bridge Friday 7th in a field in Switzerland. So OMG Linkin Park are touring! UK dates 3rd 5th and 6th. Now unless we time travel we cannot do it. Do these groups really have no other dates or do they do it deliberately!

sayward

Resident Freddy
just been to Dublin for the weekend. Never been to Ireland. glorious. Then saw Alter Bridge Excellent.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Green Day in Sheffield last night. Very good. They've had to cancel tonight in Scotland because of an unsafe stage?!

sayward

Resident Freddy
Just seen Alter Bridge at something called Z7 in Pratteln Switzerland. I was expecting a field. Was more like a car park. About 500 people there. It was excellent, the sound was better than any I've heard.
Next night it was Evanescence, not so good but absolutely packed.Full of Goths. think the Swiss are a little behind the times.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
So today ive seen:

Sophie Ellis Bextor
Gabrielle
The Farm
Marc Almond and
Deacon Blue

and tomorrow its:

The Lightning Seeds
KT Tunstall
Icicle Works
and the one I'm looking forward to - OMD

80's festival time !! haha

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Small piece of trivia: I was in a band that supported the lightning seeds back in '99.

I'm seeing Bon Iver in Edinburgh in September.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
What a brilliant show! 15ft tall inflatable robots, mechanical unicorn being ridden through the audience and the lead singer singing space oddity whilst rolling around on top of the audience in a zorb ball!

sayward

Resident Freddy
Saw Alter Bridge at The Albert Hall last night. Brilliant. different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom