Getting fatty fat fat tips?

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Rinusch said:
Omg you make me green with envy, I can eat hardly anything for weeks (only eating fruits and stuff to keep the vitamins going) and still weigh in @ 130 kg, just cant seem to get the damn weight gone,

one advantage is, eventhough im this heavy, i can still lift my entire body with me arms only, and generally dont have a bad condition (15 miles walking on an evenin? no probs.

So, if you need weight, come over to my place for a month and i will educate thee my young one :p

some ppl arent fat who weigh 130kg... they have more mass in theyr bones and muscles.. so u might be just a bit over :)

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Im doing the same sort of thing for my rugby, cept im not alowed to use weights at the gym cuz im under 16!

I would reccomend signing up to www.maximuscle.com there is alot of tips on gaining muscle and endurance etc, and they also sell high protien stuffs (milkshakes etc) which can help, from what i have read, Eating pasta is advised and things like that, Good luck :p

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Solo said:
Probably, like me you have a high metabolism and just burn it all off :p

I read somewhere eat salads etc for a few weeks, lowering your energy intake, then when your body has adjusted its metabolism; eat like you did before and you might put on weight.

Although I think you'd regain your original high metabolism quite quick and then it would be harder to put on weight again.

So yeah exercise is prolly the only option :p

but the starngest thing is that i can get along whitout food for 3 days, only drinking water, mybe some juice. and that happens often... due to too much work + daoc ontop (yeah, i know its bad....) so mybe thats why i dont gain enything...eat alot and then burn the enegry in those days.

have to start exercise again, me thinks :D

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
slightly overweight is more healthy than slightly under weight.

especially when it comes to some problems you get with bones. slighty overweight get less problems. and i also read slightly overweight people live longer.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Some of the stuff in this thread is useful, but some is pretty bad.

Questions mistar Seel;

How much do you weigh currently?

Have you done a lot of weight training before (presuming you're trying to bulk)

I'm in a similar position at the moment. I'm doing a lot of weight training/bulking myself and i used to be what's known as a hardgainer (can't gain weight/muscle easily). But then i found out it's easy as fuck to gain weight.

I'd shovel down as much food as i could handle, but nothing. I've started eating clean, unprocessed foods pretty much all the time and the results are amazing. I started at around 68/69kg about 3 monthes ago, i'm now up to almost 75kg. Huge gain by all standards. I'll send you my diet if you're interested :p

Muscle isn't made through eating protein, fat or anything like that.

Total crap :p. Muscle is made by both heavy training and taking in a larger amount of protein. Protein synthesis is what builds muscle. But also you need carbs, and 'good' fats too. Best sources of protein are Tuna, Chicken, Beef, Whey Protein (Supplement mixed with water/milk). Slow carbs are always preferable, unless it's straight after a workout, when your body needs a quick energy source to replenish it's levels.

With regards to working out, you need at least six weeks of machine training. This is pretty much used for wearing in, conditioning and strengthening your joints, ligaments and tendons for more free weight/compound movements (Benchpress, Squat, etc). You'll probably get much quicker gains when you start, which is obviously more motivating. When you start training, you'll probably be able to go every other day at best, depending on how often you can get to a gym, or feel you want to.

Just shout if you/anyone else wants a hand, pretty knowledgeable on this stuff now :)

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Dont get fat honestly, you will look and feel worse.

Put on muscle weight. Get more protein in your diet, get a Protein/Whey shake suplement(note, its a supplement, not a staple of your diet) and work out.

And if your not gaining weight but your eating like a horse, then fact is your probably not eating as much as you think.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Drink copious amounts of guinness / steak and naturally milk chocolate

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Vladamir said:
Questions mistar Seel;

How much do you weigh currently?

Have you done a lot of weight training before (presuming you're trying to bulk)

I weigh a healthy 60kg (what's that...120 stone? No idea...) and measure up to 168cm.

So i'm no big one, the excess "weight" is in my tummy area. Your basic nerd i guess.

Reasons for doing this:

A: Be comfortable in a T in the summer.
B: Not look like a twig.
C: Actually look like you could hurt someone.(not that i plan on it, never have hit another person in 26 years)
D: Heatlh.

Not in that order.

No exerzizle thing done in the past, except recreational basketball as a teen :eek7: Like...8 hours a day every day..whenever i can...got bored quick.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
Total crap :p. Muscle is made by both heavy training and taking in a larger amount of protein. Protein synthesis is what builds muscle. But also you need carbs, and 'good' fats too. Best sources of protein are Tuna, Chicken, Beef, Whey Protein (Supplement mixed with water/milk). Slow carbs are always preferable, unless it's straight after a workout, when your body needs a quick energy source to replenish it's levels.

With regards to working out, you need at least six weeks of machine training. This is pretty much used for wearing in, conditioning and strengthening your joints, ligaments and tendons for more free weight/compound movements (Benchpress, Squat, etc). You'll probably get much quicker gains when you start, which is obviously more motivating. When you start training, you'll probably be able to go every other day at best, depending on how often you can get to a gym, or feel you want to.

Just shout if you/anyone else wants a hand, pretty knowledgeable on this stuff now :)

I meant it as in 'eat those and u will put on muscle' shit is a load of crap ^^.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
I weigh a healthy 60kg (what's that...120 stone? No idea...) and measure up to 168cm.

Probably about 9.5 stone i think. Should have little problem gaining weight if you eat clean and regularly

So i'm no big one, the excess "weight" is in my tummy area. Your basic nerd i guess.

Like a lot of people really, light cardio and a fair bit of abs/leg work will tone that up.

[quoteReasons for doing this:

A: Be comfortable in a T in the summer.
B: Not look like a twig.
C: Actually look like you could hurt someone.(not that i plan on it, never have hit another person in 26 years)
D: Heatlh.

Not in that order.

No exerzizle thing done in the past, except recreational basketball as a teen :eek7: Like...8 hours a day every day..whenever i can...got bored quick. [/QUOTE]

Would probably best starting with resistance machine weights then if you can get to a gym. If you're doing a full body workout in terms of weights, you'll probably be there for about an hour or so, longer depending on how much cardio you do. Any of the gubbins at the gym can set you up with a program nps :)

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Hmm you want to put on weight eh?

Go on a diet.

every one i know who's on a diet seems to be gaining weight rapidly.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
is it because you are skinny?
if so start weight training on your arms and exercising. Eat plenty of good food high in protein, fish is the best for this, chicken is also good.
i wouldn't just eat shit, or you'll just become unhealthy

i have a very high metabolism, if i just eat and eat it wont show to much, im not fat and im not skinny, only way to alter it is to exercise and weight train to make my body look bigger:) protein shakes also a good way

need any help with diet plan or exercise just poke me on pm or whatever:D
hope this helps

FallycSymbol

Fledgling Freddie
a bit ot:

to tone muscles do you do many repetitions at lower weights or fewer repetitions at higher weights?

been doing the latter for ages now, and im starting to think i chose the wrong 1

Vladamir

FH is my second home
FallycSymbol said:
a bit ot:

to tone muscles do you do many repetitions at lower weights or fewer repetitions at higher weights?

been doing the latter for ages now, and im starting to think i chose the wrong 1

Toning = Lower weight, more reps.

Strength/Mass = More weight, less reps.

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
You wanna get fat?
Go on the pill...works for many women:p
You might grow a pair of tits tho:D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tits sound suprisingly nice :D

Nah, but seriously, thanks for the info.

How about home training? I'm not social :(

Any rocky style tips like, lift the couch up and down or..er.r.....stuff.

Tasslehoff

Fledgling Freddie
Hey, seeing as we're already on the topic, I've recently started to workout. I'm 16 years old, already pretty wellbuild, but didn't find a sport I wanted to train in, so figured I'd go to the gym with a friend. Seeing as I get training free now, as I work there it's all good.

Thing is, I'm only 1.72/1.73, looking at my genes I'll most probably grow some more, we now train 3 times a week, 1-2,5 hours every time. You think this will in anyway stop me from growing?

Another question, I don't wanna look all Swartzneighery, but training machines, abs, biceps, chest, you name it, will it make me look like that, if I keep it up?

EDIT: and Teh Seel, pushups are always great. Just try keeping your back straight and look staight forward. In the start you might not be able to take more than 5 ( you might too, I dunno.) But pretty fast you'll be able to take some more pushups... Works pretty well I think :)

noblok

Part of the furniture
Push ups: if you want to excercise your pectoral muscles as well place your feet on one chair, each hand on another and go as deep as you can. What I did was do them very slowly and do 1 more every week. Then I broke my wrist and cba starting over again. Can do vertical as well after a while :).

Sit-ups: normal and sideways (sideways: hands behind your head and bring your elbow to the opposite knee). Be sure to keep a straight back. Normally your back is a bit curved, push it to the ground (your butt will lift up a bit) to make it harder.

Triceps excecise: feet on one chair, hands on another. You'll be able to go deeper this way.
Code:
  o       o
__|\ to \_/^
Meh, don't know if that actually helps. Was worth a shot :).

edit: Oh and if you have something where you can hang without your feet touching the ground: bring your feet to your hands or simply pull up.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Tasslehoff said:
Another question, I don't wanna look all Swartzneighery, but training machines, abs, biceps, chest, you name it, will it make me look like that, if I keep it up?

Free weights are better than machines because they're more compound (multi-ligament) exercises. You're also using your stabiliser muscles to control the movement of the weight.

Also, less time in the gym is more growth at home, muscle wise. If you're totally going out to feel absolutely knackered every time, you'll be fatiguing yourself too much. 24-48 hours of recovery time is minimal between sessions.

Only if you do intense weight training (similar to that of bodybuilding) could it effect your growth. Doing machine weights (aka isolation exercises, because the machine is directing the movement) shouldn't cause anything like this.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
old.Tohtori said:
How about home training? I'm not social :(

Any rocky style tips like, lift the couch up and down or..er.r.....stuff.

Assuming you've not got stacks of cash to buy a bench/weights etc, you can probably pick up a chin-up bar fairly cheaply, goes in your doorway.

Then you can probably get a fair way by just doing press-ups (wide/close grip), sit-ups or crunches, wide grip pull up's (does your back/shoulders more) close grip pull up's with your palms facing you (does your biceps), and tricep dips.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
24-48 hours of recovery time is minimal between sessions.

I was actually told by my father, who did alot of weights for over twenty years, that you should do small bursts of weights between the big sessions to increase the amount of muscle that is layed on top of the existing muscle when tearing it.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
I think Dr.Nick Riveria's advice would be best adhered to :D

"Be creative, Instead of making sandwichs with bread use poptarts, instead chewing gum chew bacon. You could brush teeth with milkshakes." ^^

Simemir

Fledgling Freddie
Stop smoking, it will slow down your metabolism and aid in gaining weight, in the short term

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Simemir said:
Stop smoking, it will slow down your metabolism and aid in gaining weight, in the short term

So true.

My dad gave up smoking and put on roughly 2-3 stone.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Bugz said:
I was actually told by my father, who did alot of weights for over twenty years, that you should do small bursts of weights between the big sessions to increase the amount of muscle that is layed on top of the existing muscle when tearing it.

Yeah i think you can. The forums i look at some of the forums have routines like, Heavy/Light/Rest/Heavy/Light/Rest/Rest. Personally i'm only able to go 3x a week atm, so i do Chest/Tri's/Shoulders, Legs/Abs, Back/Bi's/Traps.

It's all down to personal choice at the end of the day, theres so many routines you can follow :p

Blackjack

Fledgling Freddie
Wan't to gain some weight? Nutella Nutella Nutella...
Tastes great, will fatten you up real good, and it's a versatile food. you can eat it on bread, ice cream, with a knife, with a spoon, you can eat it hard, soft, you can lick it off a plate, you can pour it down your throat. Best ever... thats why i dont eat it :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom