getting bored... allready.

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
level 11 is the max level that you can partake in tier 1 rvr without getting chickened.

Well, is there a way to stop getting xp in rvr then? Else, how would you stay lvl 11, while rvr´ing? Wouldnt you eventually hit 12?

Fitzbert

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I'm lvl13 on my gobbo Shaman and last night was running around the Marshes of Madness with a full six-man group doing all the PQs. So I guess the OP is just out of luck.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Well, is there a way to stop getting xp in rvr then?

no

i found that after getting level 10 i didn`t want to take the quests anymore that asked to participate in a scenario or kill 10 enemy players anymore to slow my leveling rate a bit.

hihi, at least in daoc you could suicide over and over again to lower your xp in order not to level out of a certain BG where you wanted that toon to remain before they had /xp off. but as there is no xp penalty in war for dieing that doesn`t work either.

Else, how would you stay lvl 11, while rvr´ing?

you can`t

Wouldnt you eventually hit 12?

you will hit level 12

i would like to see an xp off feature, but it seems like mythic doesn`t want us to run around with level 11 / 21 / 31 chars that are fully twinked and can dominate lowby rvr.

Morthomme

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm so I finaly got to acces the beta last night, and as a old daoc player I had great hopes for this game, and it was diffrently fun while being in the low levels, doing the tier 1 scenario and the first few public quests, then as you reach 2nd half of tier 1 it starts getting abit thin of people, it's getting hard getting people for public quests, and when you finaly reach tier 2 after a day of leveling, you find out... your all alone, no one signs up for the tier 2 scenarios, there isnt anyone in the open rvr area's you can't access the old scenarios or rvr area's, and public quests are out of the question without anyone else, allready here it begins to remind me of the boredom I had in WoW... anyone else found this problem yet ?

No, nope. Did I say no? Surely I meant no.
I must be in denial.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
i would like to see an xp off feature, but it seems like mythic doesn`t want us to run around with level 11 / 21 / 31 chars that are fully twinked and can dominate lowby rvr.

Can only say that 90% of the playerbase is happy with this decision.
Twinks put people off pvping at the lower ranks in other games.

longbow

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm so I finaly got to acces the beta last night, and as a old daoc player I had great hopes for this game, and it was diffrently fun while being in the low levels, doing the tier 1 scenario and the first few public quests, then as you reach 2nd half of tier 1 it starts getting abit thin of people, it's getting hard getting people for public quests, and when you finaly reach tier 2 after a day of leveling, you find out... your all alone, no one signs up for the tier 2 scenarios, there isnt anyone in the open rvr area's you can't access the old scenarios or rvr area's, and public quests are out of the question without anyone else, allready here it begins to remind me of the boredom I had in WoW... anyone else found this problem yet ?

Lol - the joys of a new game. Try waiting till you get to chapter 3 and there are even less folk. Soloing is a way of life when a game is new.
My biggest problem with the RvR areas is lack of cooperation between the players. No one talks to each other and of course the Order side constantly gets wiped. Not sure if Chaos is the same but the do seem to be more organised.
But then that seems to be the rule in most games - for some reason the chaos/evil races always seem to be more organised. Or is that just cus of the time I tend to play.
But heck its fum to be playing at last.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie

and I can say 70% of all statistic is made up

L0stS0ul

Fledgling Freddie
My biggest problem with the RvR areas is lack of cooperation between the players. No one talks to each other and of course the Order side constantly gets wiped.

I think thats just the nature of PUGS though.... once the game is retail and you've got coordinated groups of guilds lining up to play as a party things will be different.... although on the flip side it means that PUGS vs Guilds will mostly be bitch slapped everytime....

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Its bad enough when you get a guild group of 9-11 players atm without them even being twinked.

Yes, I am looking at you Phoenix Legion :p

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Its bad enough when you get a guild group of 9-11 players atm without them even being twinked.

I was having some stabby stabby fun with the old PL folks last night :D

/Genia.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

Was the same crap with them in Age of Conan at Dagon. Always Phoenix Legion in there with a set group and a bunch of randoms quitting the matches as soon as they saw them.

There should be different queues for pre-made groups and solo sign-ups.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Was the same crap with them in Age of Conan at Dagon. Always Phoenix Legion in there with a set group and a bunch of randoms quitting the matches as soon as they saw them.

There should be different queues for pre-made groups and solo sign-ups.

I DO hope they haven't gone all l33t on us now! :D

Nymph

Fledgling Freddie

Thankgod for that.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie

What server are you on? im lvl 13 atm and the place is packed, Keeps are being attacked every 10 mins and you get into a scenario within 1 minute of joining the Q.

Cordain

Fledgling Freddie
I honestly thought that these "i played 23 hours a day untill i reached max level and now there is nothing for me to do!" posts to start showing up AFTER the launch. I'm a power gamer myself, usually reaching the top levels with the first 10% of the population, but i don't have any illusions of working end game content or generally "stuff to do" so quickly after the game goes live.
After you hit level cap just sit back and relax for a month or so to let others catch up and dev's to finish up more content.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH

like i said in my post, they have a point in doing what they did, even if would have liked it seen differently.

i don`t want to see a game where new players are wtfpawned by twink players.

... they have a point to make their ruling as it is.

Zede

Part of the furniture
like i said in my post, they have a point in doing what they did, even if would have liked it seen differently.

i don`t want to see a game where new players are wtfpawned by twink players.

... they have a point to make their ruling as it is.

Nobody will bother "twinking" in Tier one I dont think. Based on what ive seen of Tier 2 - I for one would love to have a "twink" at that level, and the subsequent levels. We ALL had characters in Daoc we spent a few hundred gold on at the CM & sent to thid. Wow twinking is a different matter all together.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Nobody will bother "twinking" in Tier one I dont think. Based on what ive seen of Tier 2 - I for one would love to have a "twink" at that level, and the subsequent levels. We ALL had characters in Daoc we spent a few hundred gold on at the CM & sent to thid. Wow twinking is a different matter all together.

i would like a level 11, 21 and 31 char ready to play in the lower tiers at any time their seems to be good action there without having to worry about leveling those chars out of those tiers..

Return to DAOC

Fledgling Freddie
Im not sure the whole twinking mechanic will work aswell in WAR as it does in other games. There are no grey cons to one shot since everyone gets a buff and i doubt we will see WE's one shotting healers or Squig hunters kiting half a dozen players to the ends of the BG.

With that said last night in Khaine's embrace there was a level 11 Black Orc with sword and board. He came out top damage, top kills and second on healing done WTF!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom