getting bored... allready.

Memph1s

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm so I finaly got to acces the beta last night, and as a old daoc player I had great hopes for this game, and it was diffrently fun while being in the low levels, doing the tier 1 scenario and the first few public quests, then as you reach 2nd half of tier 1 it starts getting abit thin of people, it's getting hard getting people for public quests, and when you finaly reach tier 2 after a day of leveling, you find out... your all alone, no one signs up for the tier 2 scenarios, there isnt anyone in the open rvr area's you can't access the old scenarios or rvr area's, and public quests are out of the question without anyone else, allready here it begins to remind me of the boredom I had in WoW... anyone else found this problem yet ?

Rayko

One of Freddy's beloved
sounds pretty much like logic to me... everyone is still leveling, just like you

pez

Can't get enough of FH
I've had 3 lvl 11s so far. I see no reason or point to leave tier 1 and I'm sure many people feel the same. Obviously when the game is released I will be levelling up in tier 2.

Pranksterr

Fledgling Freddie
Players are basically lvling up chars just enough to get a feel for them, then moving onto something else.

firespark

Fledgling Freddie
Positive point purely based on taste though. The pvp is fun at low level already. The player level cap is set at 20. I already figured out which class to play, so there really is no reason at all for me to move away from level 10 or it's whereabouts. It is beta afterall, so i'm just checking if there's some strange bugs around.

sloand

Fledgling Freddie
yep i have 4 toons around lvl 11 and I dont plan on going any higher......just no point.

This will explain some of the quietness.

Anyone actually know the current server capacity? It feels less than the closed beta.

CowledScout

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm so I finaly got to acces the beta last night, and as a old daoc player I had great hopes for this game, and it was diffrently fun while being in the low levels, doing the tier 1 scenario and the first few public quests, then as you reach 2nd half of tier 1 it starts getting abit thin of people, it's getting hard getting people for public quests, and when you finaly reach tier 2 after a day of leveling, you find out... your all alone, no one signs up for the tier 2 scenarios, there isnt anyone in the open rvr area's you can't access the old scenarios or rvr area's, and public quests are out of the question without anyone else, allready here it begins to remind me of the boredom I had in WoW... anyone else found this problem yet ?

We are alot of guys thinking the same. We are BOORED.

The rvr is bad.

L0stS0ul

Fledgling Freddie
LOL!..... you guys crack me up!.... so you've decided to PL chars on a beta and then complain that noone else is so thus the game is boring and failed.... ROFL!....

As most have stated the majority are just leveling upto lvl10/11 to get a feel for different chars.....

they're all gonna be wiped in 3 days anyways....

Just re-roll a diff char for a day n try other things.... chill out..... go out side or something...

:lol:

Personally i have been on US beta since last friday and my highest is still only lvl9.... although i have about 15 chars... and i love the game... but prefer not to go out of T1 until i have a retail copy where my progress will be saved for good!...

Roll on next Tues..... :power:

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't say bad things about WAR Memph1s, the WAR-police will come and warn you :(
WAR rocks!...no wait.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
yep the fact is this is beta the majority of people will see no point in leveling high as that was all tested in the closed beta all the open beta is for is to proove the servers can take the strain of all the players.

realy if you feeel the need to power level your char you may as well keep going till you get near end game and can play with the people who have been in closed beta for months.

but as said above the beta ends on the 13th by us all being in the starter areas together we are straining the servers for them. but realy there is no point going much further than getting a feel for the differant classes as if you do actualy plan on getting the game your just forcing your self to repeat content on launch.

pez

Can't get enough of FH
yep the fact is this is beta the majority of people will see no point in leveling high as that was all tested in the closed beta all the open beta is for is to proove the servers can take the strain of all the players.

realy if you feeel the need to power level your char you may as well keep going till you get near end game and can play with the people who have been in closed beta for months.

but as said above the beta ends on the 13th by us all being in the starter areas together we are straining the servers for them. but realy there is no point going much further than getting a feel for the differant classes as if you do actualy plan on getting the game your just forcing your self to repeat content on launch.

the level cap is 20 anyway, so theres another reason to not level past 11.

Enli

Fledgling Freddie
level up and mess with lowbies in joint PQ's :D

nah, it's indeed a prob we always had the first days of a fase in the beta :)

MrNadger

Fledgling Freddie
damn I wish I'd been able to play more than a few hours so far, but I'm really enjoying the public quests and scenarios; the only quibbles I've really got are greenskins suddenly teleporting out of melee range in the Guns scenario even after I've laid down a lovely 100pt grudge snare, healers in pug scenario groups not really healing, and some kind of kill stealing going on where I tag a mob, someone else piles into it and then I get sfa xp and no quest credit for the kill (e.g. apparitions in Norsca startup area, and Choppas in Redhammer Inn area)
Having to run from the Dwarf start up to Altdorf to get our guild set up was a bit of a ballache too, but overall I'm impressed.
If you're really too bored to carry on playing, go help your mum with the washing.

Gahn

Resident Freddy

That's cause almost no1, in a sane state of mind, would invest time leveling a toon past 11 in an Open Beta perfectly knowing that it gonna be wiped.
Ever wondered? :eek:

Ribbit

Fledgling Freddie
It's a good thing to remember for release too. Don't rush it.

I used to be one to rush to level cap, with beta'ing for years, but stopped doing it a few years ago.

It's a very easy way to ruin your own fun with a game, sad to say.

For example I took it easy with AoC, my highest character is still only 62 (my HoX), but I have a few in the 40's too.

I've had a lot more than my money's worth of fun out of AoC as a result, and will be resubbing in a few months for a short break from WAR.

I know it can be a hard habit to get out of, but give it a go.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
i stuck to tier 1 in closed beta...except for when they forced us anyway :p

Doing the same here as i want to keep it as shiny as possible for when the game goes live :)

Moondiva

Fledgling Freddie
For me i guess its a case of playing the 2 classes, and then deciding the

one im going to use as my main. And then playing the 3/4 classes i will find

myself up against once the game goes live. Just to get a feel of what ill be

up against.

boinged

Fledgling Freddie
Why is level 11 the max people are going to? Can you still take part in Tier 1 stuff then or something?

chaostheory

Fledgling Freddie
We are alot of guys thinking the same. We are BOORED.

The rvr is bad.

Need to get a clue or dont post stupid things its that simple.

If you ever tryed a lvl cap open beta befor you will know alot of peeps dont lvl to the max they want to get the fill for alot of classes to find what suits them.

So your best bet is to lvl to eather lvl 10-11 and then try another class and see if you like that more.

Thimble

Fledgling Freddie
Loads of ppl have level'd past 11. The majority will not ofc. Doesn't make someone stupid if they. Perhaps they don't do OB's that much. However, the lvl cap is set at lvl 20 but a mate of mine and I have seen a lvl 21 Black Orc on a mount so far. :ninja:

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well i think i'm gonna level 2 chars together at start to keep down my level speed. Just so i dont get the lonely feeling, got to level14 on monday, 1 other char on the server same level but in elf lands, so started my witch hunter, and got into the fun of scenarios. But i would love if they made it possible to que for all "zones scenarios" for the tier, and not just the zone you are in.

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Why is level 11 the max people are going to? Can you still take part in Tier 1 stuff then or something?

level 11 is the max level that you can partake in tier 1 rvr without getting chickened.

Nymph

Fledgling Freddie
Well im loving the game so far. Really enjoying the public quests and scenarios. Played pretty much none stop to lvl11 on my Sorceress, but I think i'm gonna try out some of the other classes now, maybe even order. I can understand what they're saying about the public quests and the likes. Its difficult to find groups at certain times of the day... or night lol, and I do wonder if the game will have a steady enough flow of new members/alts to make them viable in the longterm. I really do hope so. Anyways thumbs up from me xD Definitely a game I can ditch WoW for.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Theses threads are always funny,it's 100% your fault for levelling so fast ya know :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom