Get your memory in now

Kryten

Old Cow.
If you're looking to upgrade your RAM, I advise doing it as soon as absolutely and financially possible - I'm about 5 days late with suggesting this as I personally thought (and noticed with a fair few suppliers) the cost would be soaked up to remain competitive but now Micron (Crucial) have come forward and admitted making HUGE losses this year due to "global oversupply and heavily decreasing retail prices". They're not going to put up with that for very long and as a direct result (everyone else will be suffering the same problems) just about all the other major manufacturers will no doubt follow suit.

Unfortunately this problem may also hit the retail costs of other memory bearing parts, most noteably graphics cards; however according to various sources the only real problem is with DDR2 memory - graphics cards more commonly using the gddr3 variety.

This isn't a "panic, panic, go buy now!" post, most "this is what I've noticed and think will happen in future, so it might be worth listening" post ;)

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
Also the stuff that has already been produced and hence in store sales is going pretty cheap at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom