Film Get Your Ass to Mars!

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Are Sony going to throw so much money at it that they've got marketing budget left over?
A trailer to announce that a trailer of a film is about to come out.
WTF?!?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I'm old enough to remember going to watch the original, at Warner Bros Pilsworth. Ah, the glittering lights, the crumbs of popcorn skidding across the polished tiled floor of one of the country's then new multiplex cinemas.

Now its a complete shithole, closed for business, and everyone goes to the Trafford Centre, which doesn't even have ushers to boot out the clowns.

lol! I went to Pilsworth the opening week and yes it was all new and shiney, was last there about 5 years ago and what a rathole, even worse than Showcase Gorton which opened around the same time. These multiplexes seem to have a very short lifespan, 15-20 years to recoup the investment and they are left to rot.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Pilsworth was brilliant, we used to go to Deep Pan Pizza (to the right of the main entrance), stuff our faces with some massive pizza, have a few drinks, then go and watch whatever film it was. I saw Terminator 2 in there, was brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xITN242Tjkc

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yeah it was state of the art when opened, tons of staff and the size was crazy, biggest in the country for a short while iirc. It is amazing how fast these places go downhill though, my local Showcase had people queuing 500+ deep of a weekend for the first 3 years but slowly the numbers dropped away, staff numbers were slashed and the place became a filthy overpriced rathole. Shame, used to love going to the cinema when younger, even the older places like Odeon and ABC felt a bit magical. These days most of them just feel like a conveyor belt to get you to stop at the popcorn stand.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
What? A fucking trailer trailer?? :eek:

This is quite normal now. Internet trailers normally preview theatrical trailers. Visit io9.com and most days you'll see trailers of this type.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Looks shit.

Especially the bit where he's just been implanted and kills all the agents by magic.

That's right. Magic. :eek:

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Could be good, should be good - looks like it'll probably be shit.

That fight scene is SO overworked it looks really naff.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Is every film now just a Jet Li fight scene with , different background, ninjas/spies/robots/fbi, running at the hero.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I think i'll go and see it, it looks like it'll FUCK COHAGEN GOOD.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Looks like a live action version of Deus Ex 2 crossed with Minority Report but with no Arnie and likely PG12, seriously what is the point of the remake?

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Pilsworth was brilliant, we used to go to Deep Pan Pizza (to the right of the main entrance), stuff our faces with some massive pizza, have a few drinks, then go and watch whatever film it was. I saw Terminator 2 in there, was brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xITN242Tjkc

I remeber that trailer, i just recited the Daffy 'Yak, Yak, Yak' line, and i have not seen that for at least 10 yrs. We used to go to the 'Warner Village' one in Basingstoke, it was at the 'Leisure Park' its still there i think and its surrounded by a bowling alley, ice rink and pizza bars. Its out of town but its full of scummy chave cunts. There is a Vue in the main town now with eateries all around it

We go at least twice a month, it not bad at all

btw, i think the new Total Recall looks good, i thought the original was cheesy tosh, so it cant get much worse than that

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
It does look rather good actually. Not usually a fan of remakes, which this technically isn't.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Scouse can fuck right off :)

I never thought I'd live to see the day when I could say, hand on heart, that made an Arnold Schwarzenegger movie look like the height of plausability.

:)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Well, not really. Seeing as it isn't set on Mars for a start off.

It's a re-imagination of a book.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It looks like a good Saturday popcorn movie which in that case i'll go see it if it entertains me then that's all i ask for.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
I'm a little confused, the new one is based on the 1996 book 'We Can Remember It For You Wholesale' right? So the original was released before the book even came out? Or was the original movie based on another book ?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Philip K Dick died in 1982, before Blade Runner came out, so that's unlikely eh?

We Can Remember It For You Wholesale was written in nineteen sixty-six ;)

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
All this because I read 1966 as 1996, I shouldn't be allowed to wake up this early.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I hope you don't confuse 69 with 96 otherwise this topic should then be renamed ass to mouth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom