'Get Britain Cycling' inquiry examines cycling strategy

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
good stuff...

The stock pedals that come with the cube are rough as arses - they've got knobbles and bumps and are a pain if you shin it. But I wear walking shoes when I cycle as they've got a nice firm sole - and the grip on them fits perfectly into the ridges on the pedals - zero slip :)

I almost bought a canyon when I first thought about my Cube - but I'd have had to wait for it and when I make a decision I want it NOW :)

I'll prolly go down that route if I ever spunk for a full-susser - but tbfh I'm happy with my hardtail and the amount of proper downhilling I do is minimal.

Went to the lakes this year and had an absolute scream around Grizedale. Some say it's not the most technical but I was carrying a posterior cruciate injury and I never wear a helmet - so it gets the heart beating ;)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Then buy a bike next :)

Difficult. Got another few grand to spend on the house to finish this back room. New bike will be 2 grand. Gotta buy 4 new radio mics, that's either £1500 if I buy the cheap stuff for a year, or 7 grand if I buy the expensive (and good) stuff now. 2013 may be an expensive year...

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
The stock pedals that come with the cube are rough as arses - they've got knobbles and bumps and are a pain if you shin it. But I wear walking shoes when I cycle as they've got a nice firm sole - and the grip on them fits perfectly into the ridges on the pedals - zero slip :)

Really? They look a bit shite in the pic, not saying you're a liar like, just goin by the pic.

Get some spuds you raging faggot.

Fuck SPD's man.....XC racers and lycra clad, shaven legged, power ranger possie poofs (roadies :p) sure. Stuff I do (tend to forget I'm not 15 and on a BMX anymore :p) no thank you, the ability to just kick the bike away easy when you have pushed far too hard and need offski right fuckin nowski appeals to me much more :D

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Get some spuds you raging faggot.
Fuck SPD's man.....the ability to just kick the bike away easy when you have pushed far too hard and need offski right fuckin nowski appeals to me much more :D

This. Exactly.

A few mates have SPD's and every single one of them have come off because of them - even if most of the time it's just slowing down, not concentrating and failing to get them out properly - which makes them even more gay. The losers. But they've also had worse offs where the SPD's have been an exacerbating factor.

I, on the other hand, have never fallen off my bike except for straight over the handlebars like a real man. Spuds would fuck my graceful tuck-into-a-ball and roll down the hill action.

No. It's crocodiles into the shins for manly leg-scar and bleeding and long-distance flight for my offs thankyouverymuch :D

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Fuck SPD's man.....XC racers and lycra clad, shaven legged, power ranger possie poofs (roadies :p) sure. Stuff I do (tend to forget I'm not 15 and on a BMX anymore :p) no thank you, the ability to just kick the bike away easy when you have pushed far too hard and need offski right fuckin nowski appeals to me much more :D

If you've tried SPDs and found you can't release your foot, you've either fitted your cleats incorrectly, tightened the pedals up too much, or are paralysed from the waist down.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
A few mates have SPD's and every single one of them have come off because of them - even if most of the time it's just slowing down, not concentrating and failing to get them out properly - which makes them even more gay. The losers. But they've also had worse offs where the SPD's have been an exacerbating factor.

These are your mates:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDjWStHjmww

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
If you've tried SPDs and found you can't release your foot, you've either fitted your cleats incorrectly, tightened the pedals up too much, or are paralysed from the waist down.

Tell the DH and FR lads that. I'm sure they will take your infinate wisdom onboard and learn the error of their ways.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I got a new bike. It's supposed to be on the road but can also go off it.

giant_cocks-jpg.11007

It has matching red DMR pedals because I'm cool like that. Up to now I've only ridden about 40km on it :(

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Your pic doesn't work for me teeds.....maybe I need to wear more lycra to see it?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hmm, it's taken from a message convo with a super secret person. who rides bikes.

here it is attached to this message...

giant_cocks.jpg

soze

I am a FH squatter
When my work has a shower I will consider it until then I will not subject everyone to 8 hours of bollock sweat so I can feel smug.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The other probl with cycling.to work is far from being relaxing ypu are in a permanent state of road rage as endless.fucknut drivers carve you up or cli your elbows as they drive past and freakin pedestrians treat a bike like they can just ste out and you will just pass through them.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Yup. You can easily release your feet in tenths of a second.

However, in the "incidents" I get into I need those tenths - and I'm fucked if I'm spending them on being strapped into a bike.

Fuck SPDs :)

Edit: I'm surprised how many bikes broke in that video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom