Germany vs Italy!

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Ardas Nails said:
oh noes, never thought I would say it, but come on France!!!
Never though I'd cheer for germany either, but when my brother bet my birthday money on them winning the cup it all changed!

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Was a rather nice game imo (Noticed how I said in my opinion? :p).

Though I'd rather see Germany win :(

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Jesus, I wouldn't wanna be a german now, that loss has gotta hurt. :(
1.5 mins or so until penalties when 1-0?

Was a quite entertaining game from an objective POV tho!

Lethul

FH is my second home
best game so far
best ref so far
two of the nicest goals so far

gg italy :p

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Thoroughly deserved win for Italy in a decent game. And finally we get a proper ref.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
The Italians fell like flies though, but was a nice game.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Damn Italians

always the last minute goals

Will be an amusing final if Italy meets Portugal, wonder what team falls to the ground the most :D

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Amildin said:
Germans had their share as well though

They fell like airplanes while the Italians fell like flies :p

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
now i can finaly laugh in the face to those "Odins" leetkids on camlann. running around with GermanyWillWin as lastnames. haha. in your face :worthy:

Lakih

Resident Freddy
One of the best matches in the tourny imo. Just too bad Italy won, would have loved to see France vs Germany in the final.

Go France! :eek7:

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Hm... obviously a very dissapointing game from our POV.
Italy played well, they didn´t dive TOOO much and they deserve Kudos for NOT playing as expected. Instead, they played aggressively and with lots of dedication, right from the start.
Sure, losing after 1:18 hurts. But it could have been either way. Italy won fair and square, but I think that our team has shown a very good performance in this WC. We´re on our way. :)

Grats to Italy.
Now GO GO GO France.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Wonk said:
best match? it took them years to score a freaking goal :<

A quality of a match is not dictated by the number of goals to actual fans of football. They take the whole picture in.

0-0 after 90minutes and I had already stated that it was the best match of the worldcup. Even if it was 0-0 after extra time it would have been the best match so far.

Played in a good spirit. With a few exceptions there wasnt to much playacting. Some dives yes, but they learnt that the ref would just laugh them off and get on with the game.

Flowing football. Both teams wanted to win and were playing some nice football. Each had their chances throughout and it was really hard to call a team that deserved to win. In the end I think that Italy were the better team though. Feel sorry for Germany, as much as I hate them after England going out I would have liked to see the hosts make it all the way to final even if they didnt win it. The match would have been an amazine environment.

Referee was very good. He let the football flow and things that constantly got called up before he refused to do anything about. Couple of poor decisions, or lack of decision but in general he was very good. Much credit for him. Due to this referee style you noticed that the players didnt protest to much about any decision. This had been the problem throughout the worldcup and he turned it around. I would actually like to see him get the final after this performance but having done the Semi the likelyhood is low. Also i think FIFA will sulk because he didnt book all 28 players that had a part in the game.

The goals were actually very well taken, the fact the full back scored the first showed the teams commitment to attack, probably in general the fullbacks of both teams created the most chances. Was good watching.

Hopefully the referee tomorrow watched that and learnt a few things, if he didnt i believe we going to end up seeing why the world cup normally is so good in one semi, and why it is so awful in the other.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
:fluffle: to Germans, guess all that bitching about pizzas and mandolino didn't buy u the heaven in the end :D
And i do really hope that France gets into the Final, we still got a "favour" to give em back from Euro 2000!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Allez Bluez!!!

Thought the game was very good. Italian defence so hard to break down but Germany had their chances and missed them. Both Italian goals were superb. It was always going to take something special to beat these two keepers.

Referee seemed very good, let the game flow. Only booked players where he was given no choice - tackles through the back etc.

Was Ballack injured? Seemed to walk around the pitch at times and was blowing hard. If he found that hard he's gonna find the pace of the Premiership game tough.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Basic_X said:
now i can finaly laugh in the face to those "Odins" leetkids on camlann. running around with GermanyWillWin as lastnames. haha. in your face :worthy:

There's always WW3? :eek6:

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
In your face Germany. Now i can only hope that France will loose against Portugal, and Italy can beat the crap out of them in the finals.

Vaas Harkonnen

Fledgling Freddie
the luck of germany has ended! the played mediocre agains costa rica, poland, etc rofl. Argentina got owned by their trainer. Germany sucks and will always suck.:puke:

italia deserved that penalty against the Aussies if you take a look back to the tournament 4 yrs ago. italia deserves to win this cup!! FOR PESSOTO!!!

italia should have won with 6-1 or something like that, but germany still had some luck....:mad:

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Vaas Harkonnen said:
italia deserved that penalty against the Aussies if you take a look back to the tournament 4 yrs ago. italia deserves to win this cup!! FOR PESSOTO!!!
They deserved a penalty for something that happened 4 years ago? Jeez.

Kari

Fledgling Freddie
Corran said:
A quality of a match is not dictated by the number of goals to actual fans of football. They take the whole picture in.

And more stuff...

Well said, a fantastic game of football. Awesome defending by both sides, some exceptional goalkeeping (both positioning & shotstopping), 2 midfields that rarely misplaced a pass & certainly didn't long ball it. The strikers were simply shut down most of the game.

Italy played very well, and from a neutral point of view I was glad to see them win - they changed their playstyle to adapt as the game went on. The germans whilst very good just lacked that extra finess Ballack normally provides.

Great to watch for those of us who appreciate the sport, rather than the result :)

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Eva said:

In taht case Spain deserved the worldchampionship if u consider the last wc robbery :twak:

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Eva said:

No, but Hiddink got to feel what it's like to be on the other side of a suspect decision.

Since when did people support the australian cause in anything by the way?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom