German supercluster - Good thid action?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
300kills and 6 hours /played on fully templated healer ;p

Been a bit afk waiting for grps and getting from 1-24 also too some time, so I'd have to say it's pretty good atm :)

faw

Banned
300 kills in 6 hours, now that sounds tempting =) I need to get back into the game I think and just seeing your post reminds me of my time on avalon where on a good day you'd get 600-700 kills. perhaps I will return in the summer, because I don't have much time atm - would love to play with you guys again xD

here is a nice little pic, first one is my eld on avalon and yes, that is just level 22 nuke. the second one is some /stats after 40 minutes of play on avalon, it was typical of everyday really. I had 23 deathblows but what you don't see is that I think I made around 100 kills in that 40 minutes too, with a group of 5.

if the US servers are like this too, I definitely want to be there.

edit - just find a pic to surpass the one above. once again, this was achieved with just a level 24 eld.

and here is a crit for you - I think it's quite amazing to get 300+ with a nuke (not even a bolt) at 24:

faw

Banned
oh, and just because I am 24 light spec, doesn't mean I can't do nice bolt dmg too =)

Ok, will stop now, sorry for boring you =)

CorNokZ

Not boring at all, find it amazing that you could dish out that sort of damage :)

Well I might have been lucky with my 300kills as I logged in on friday evening.. Sometimes it seems deserted and then all of a sudden you see 2fgs of albs or hibs leaving their hpk to try and take the CK :D

Mids usually have ck and have had it since friday atleast. We defended ourselves with a couple of sneaks and my fg against roughly 2fgs of both albs and hibs sieging from two sides. Was fun running from side to side to mezz and heal the entire group! I'm really getting fond of my healer, but seeing as there are so many mids I may perhabs reroll a bard on hib..

Would like some regular people to play with as most people who join a grp scatter off on their own! Almost feels like most people have never been in rvr before :)

noblok

Part of the furniture
I'm up for rolling Hib with you. If you're going for a bard I'd like to play a light enchanter if that's OK with you. (I know casters are pretty annoying to heal, especially if they're not properly spellcrafted.)

faw

Banned
based on what you describe, it's amazing how long the US action has lasted. scary to think what thid was like when daoc was in its prime. I know that on the german servers the last year was dire, even the 6 months prior to that wasn't great. hopefully it will still be alive in the summer, because I have little time to play atm. perhaps in february I can play a bit.

casters are difficult to heal. especially at level 24 when tanks are very overpowered and casters are not. however, through playing casters in thid (caba, bd and eld) I have found that aslong as you have high resists, hit cap (should be easy to get on hib) and good positioning you should be fine. you have a heal pet as a chanter too. ofc, you probably already know this.

one good tactic, and this is something the germans found very hard to deal with, is to strafe. I became infamous because of it, but it saved me so many times. people criticised my play style, but in the end of the day, tanks are stupidly overpowered in thidranki and casters really do suck at level 24. I mean, I came up against templated tanks on avalon with 1000+ hits and high resists so I only did about 130 dmg to them per nuke. to me, tanks have a very unfair advantage in thid and therefore you should do all you can to survive.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Meh, I think the tank-caster balance is pretty decent in Thidranki. I played an unspellcrafted enchanter for a while in Thid (english and german cluster) and not many tanks could take me on 1v1 because the snarepet is stupidly overpowered. Then again, if I was careless enough to let them hit me I was mostly a one-hit kill, so I didn't feel too guilty :p. In groups casters can also work very well: the TB-team of three sorcerers and a cabalist was one of their hardest set-ups I've dealt with.

faw

Banned
it's pretty unbalanced to be honest. when you come up against templated skalds/reavers/mincers you are pretty much taken out for the whole fight. ofc, caster assist is great and can drop even the best tanks with ease. but a templated tank is much better than a templated caster in thid. although perhaps this is because I never really had a proper template. the only thing my cabalist capped was intelligence and it was not until I hit 17000 kills on my eldritch did I bother to get a temp.

that period on the eld was very tough - especially when you are facing the kind of tanks that the germans play. it was like nothing I had ever seen before, they were stronger, smarter, and came in higher numbers. even the best tanks for dyvet didn't really compare to these guys.

but you are right, no matter how good the tanks are, if you've got 3-4 quality casters assisting there really is no stopping you, as long as you keep them protected. I was in many of these groups on avalon, much to the annoyance of the elitist albs we farmed.

noblok

Part of the furniture
faw said:
when you come up against templated skalds/reavers/mincers you are pretty much taken out for the whole fight
Then again, if you come up against a decent sorc (or bard/druid, healer/shaman combination) you're mezzed or rooted for the whole fight as a tank :p.

faw

Banned
yea, you are right mate, stoicism helps tho. dont forget mincers can demezz/deroot themselves too.

CorNokZ

I've sorta changed my mind.. Would rather play some sort of tank/damage dealer than a bard! - Maybe a vamp

The amount of stupidity you meet in thid is amazing! I do not want to be main CC/healer on two realms! It's bad enough on mid.. When they charge into an alb zerg and overextend by miles and ofc get killed, I ask them wtf they were thinking and the usual answer is "I'm having fun!". I don't know if it's just me, but what sort of fun is it to get killed over and over again? It certainly isn't fun as main healer to see your entire group die, due to stupidity

Also the amount of aoe hammers, spears and dots is insane -.-'

Perfect mezz landed! Thane and shaman sees it as perfect opportunity to ruin everything! Doubt most shamans know about double single dotting

CorNokZ

Wanna be a grp vamp and not just HoT and claw spam. How does this spec sound:

18pierce - backside snare chain
21VE - Fumble debuff to save casters/healers from potential tanks and 80dmg matter claw
8SM - to tap tanks' endurance :)

noblok

Part of the furniture
The amount of stupidity you meet in thid is amazing! I do not want to be main CC/healer on two realms! It's bad enough on mid.. When they charge into an alb zerg and overextend by miles and ofc get killed, I ask them wtf they were thinking and the usual answer is "I'm having fun!". I don't know if it's just me, but what sort of fun is it to get killed over and over again? It certainly isn't fun as main healer to see your entire group die, due to stupidity

That's why you need some regular people to group with :p. I'd never roll a healer/CC class without having someone I know to run with. If you don't want to be a bard I can roll one though as running a group without CC/healing is at least as frustrating as being a healer/CC class running in random groups ;).

CorNokZ

thad is back With another shit-comment about a game he doesn't play? :eek:

CorNokZ

Have met a shadowblade that's always roaming around solo. He's lone enforcer so I asked him how many kills he had:

:D

faw

Banned
not bad, but if he can get 25000 kills in 9 months like I did on the german servers then I will be impressed. ofc, I have 33000 kills on the eldritch but was less active after I hit 25k.

CorNokZ

Dunno how long it has taken him, but considering the class I'd say it's a pretty nice achievement :)

Easier to get a lot of kills on eld than it is on sb

Thadius

Part of the furniture
thad is back With another shit-comment about a game he doesn't play? :eek:

I dont play it atm, im waiting.

Im still sad pwn got banned, I tried hard for people to lay off him. Shame he likes to bite back when people flame him :(

CorNokZ

pwn might be banned but he will always be here

Thadius

Part of the furniture
If he doesnt bite back, and threaten to quit when things dont go his way, he wont keep getting banned!

But then, its getting everyone else to stop taking the piss out of him. That is the problem!

Anyway, back ont opic.

Someone roll a cleric/mincer/reaver trio! :(

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Hib is the most underpopulated realm in my opinion. There are times when the animist are strong, but after they wipe hibs tend to log. We had a really nice fight with 1fg albs(us) vs 2fg hibs where they had a shrooms farm up and tried to stay safely out of range vs alb caster group consisting of 2 sorc, 2 wiz and one theu + 2 clerics. kinda hard to outrange alb caster groups. We killed the zerg pretty easy. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom