German supercluster - Good thid action?

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Can anyone give me rough estimation of pop on german servers primetime AND if anyone have a thidranki toon there tell me

1. what realm is underpop
2. how many are playing thid.

I have cravings for daoc again, and played some thid on US. However primetime at 2 am is kinda :twak:.

Peace.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
o_O

Thid is booming every night on US at around 9-10 pm aswell

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Are you playing there? Mid SB zerg is the worst i've ever seen!

Everz

FH is my second home
Thid on US was amazing before i quit tbh :s.

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
250 kills tonight on US. Anyone can tell me about German?

pwn

Banned
250 kills tonight on US. Anyone can tell me about German?

Don't bother going to the German servers.

I lead a German server exodus to Thidranki in late 2006. This was before any of the German servers were clustered - I think there was about 10 of us from Pryd/Excal who played there reguarly. The action was amazing, more than anything I had ever seen on Dyvet. For about 2 years, we had some great fun. I got 33,000 kills on my Eldritch (I got to 25,000 in 9 months) and many others (including my guildmates Duancy and Rin) achieved over 10,000 kills on their characters. That's how good the action was.

However, I would say Thidranki is dead now. In fact, it probably died around November 2008 except for a few events (including the 7 year anniversary). I havn't been there in about 5 months. I have considered returning but my friends inform me that it is a wasteland now.

It is a shame really because I have very fond memories of Avalon - but it seems as though the US servers are the place to be now. I was close to going to the US servers during the summer, however for personal reasons I couldn't dedicate much time to DAoC anymore.

So, in short, Thidranki on the German servers is dead. You should have come in 2006 when a lot of us from Dyvet went - it was a fantastic experience.

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Don't bother going to the German servers.

I lead a German server exodus to Thidranki in late 2006. This was before any of the German servers were clustered - I think there was about 10 of us from Pryd/Excal who played there reguarly. The action was amazing, more than anything I had ever seen on Dyvet. For about 2 years, we had some great fun. I got 33,000 kills on my Eldritch (I got to 25,000 in 9 months) and many others (including my guildmates Duancy and Rin) achieved over 10,000 kills on their characters. That's how good the action was.

However, I would say Thidranki is dead now. In fact, it probably died around November 2008 except for a few events (including the 7 year anniversary). I havn't been there in about 5 months. I have considered returning but my friends inform me that it is a wasteland now.

It is a shame really because I have very fond memories of Avalon - but it seems as though the US servers are the place to be now. I was close to going to the US servers during the summer, however for personal reasons I couldn't dedicate much time to DAoC anymore.

So, in short, Thidranki on the German servers is dead. You should have come in 2006 when a lot of us from Dyvet went - it was a fantastic experience.

Who played there then? :(

Sounds fun! Should really organise something like that for US servers.

pwn

Banned
Who played there then? :(

Sounds fun! Should really organise something like that for US servers.

Those of us that were there for over 2 years were me, Hiddenkiller, Rin and Anesur. Then there were the others who joined me initially but did not stay on the German servers; Xareena, Minions, Aleven, Blokkie (not 100% sure on this, correct me if I am wrong), Eversmall, Ripel and a couple of others whom I have forgotten.

The first 2-3 months were very exciting because it was all new and we were up for the challenge, it was certainly good to have some of the old crew back from Dyvet Thid.

CorNokZ

Dori what spec did you run with as eld in thid?

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Let's play US tbh! gogo!

pwn

Banned
Dori what spec did you run with as eld in thid?

A no-nonsense 24 Light spec. With that, you can't go wrong in Thid.

I would play US with you Hamro but I have a lot of stuff going on at the moment. Potentially, I could be playing by February but we will have to see how my work pans out.

You should go to US though, I heard the action is amazing.

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
A no-nonsense 24 Light spec. With that, you can't go wrong in Thid.

I would play US with you Hamro but I have a lot of stuff going on at the moment. Potentially, I could be playing by February but we will have to see how my work pans out.

You should go to US though, I heard the action is amazing.

Except for the keepcamping mid zergling with their fg of bds. They disgust me.

pwn

Banned
Except for the keepcamping mid zergling with their fg of bds. They disgust me.

I found them annoying, however for some reason they weren't that prominent during the time I was on Avalon. I myself played a Bonedancer in Thid (to about 5,000 kills) and am quite ashamed of it.

noblok

Part of the furniture
I could play US Thidranki a couple of nights a week if someone would sort me a template :p.

CorNokZ

I can sort you out on mid mate.. I have been contemplating on making a healer myself for thid :)

I'm finding it hard to spec a thid healer:

Spec1)
14mend
6aug
18pac

spec2)
15mend
13aug
13pac

or

spec3)
13mend
20pac

noblok

Part of the furniture
I'd go for the third choice as Mid ae mezz is already so weak. Think I'd roll a shaman myself (18 mend / 15 aug). With +5 aug and 13% buff on a buffing set that should be near the cap and the heals are great. Either that or a skald.

Then again: I haven't played in ages, so maybe you shouldn't mind me :p.

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd go for the third choice as Mid ae mezz is already so weak. Think I'd roll a shaman myself (18 mend / 15 aug). With +5 aug and 13% buff on a buffing set that should be near the cap and the heals are great. Either that or a skald.

Then again: I haven't played in ages, so maybe you shouldn't mind me :p.

mid is the zerg realm on US-thid. Im trying to convince fervent(the guy from Thid Blitz) and to roll us with me at the moment, i don't know how many we are atm, but we might look for additional players).

It's good to see you around blokkie. I actually ran into a guy called Blokke on uthgard freeshard and thought it was you, turns out it was Honed the SB from old days.

CorNokZ

Which realm do you play Hamro? I just prefer to play mid because my thane can craft me all the stuff I need so I don't have to go to some other overpriced sc'er/ac'er/wc'er or whatever

noblok

Part of the furniture
I got the 14-day trial and am patching up at the moment. I'm fine with any realm. It's just that I haven't got enough spare time to level something up to farm money.

Hamro

One of Freddy's beloved
Which realm do you play Hamro? I just prefer to play mid because my thane can craft me all the stuff I need so I don't have to go to some other overpriced sc'er/ac'er/wc'er or whatever

I have a trial account expiring tomorrow midnightish, so i will probably make a new one after that, have a scd sorc on alb with all caps on items. Mostly been playing alb on my sorc named Bebetuga.

noblok

Part of the furniture
Bleh, my custom UI no longer works. Anyone got something similar to this? (I believe it was a modified version of Caden's UI.)

CorNokZ

Oh Blokkie how I remember fighting you with my reaver, Zergers, at the hib bridge where you would always be sitting and waiting for a fight :)

Good times.. Good times..

noblok

Part of the furniture
Yay. Sort of managed to recover my old UI. Now I only need to get rid of these flashy style and spell icons. These new ones are just too weird.

Any update on the TB project?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Hows the action at the moment? Me and a friend have a thid char and planning to resub a month ;P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom