German CM post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivynoxia

One of Freddy's beloved
Kudos to the German GM for his honesty on the scale of the problems of today, and acknowledging that it was bad planning.

ooh..
*goes and checks the Warhammer Alliance Forums*

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Mythic has been on their asses since early morning, so I do think they're trying to look after our interests (which is their interest >_<)

from MBJ @ WHA

Folks,

As you might have expected, Mythic has been talking to GOA for the entire day about today's events. GOA is still our partner and no matter what the difficulties are right now, we must act as partners. I expect you'll be hearing more shortly.

Mark

P.S. The key Mythic personnel (including yours truly) have been involved in these discussions since way too early this morning. Hopefully that will give you some comfort on how seriously we are taking things.

AKA, GoA fucked up but we're contractually obliged to keep them on, please don't hate the game because of their incompetence.

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
Still, the fact that this problem has occured before just makes me wonder why the companies never learn. Blizzard had this exact same problem when the servers simply couldn't handle the sudden load all at once, and yet the solution was simple.

There was no need to buy new servers that never would've been used again. Just rent some, just for a short-term rent some extra server capacity to handle the, what should've been obvious, extra load.
All this mess could've been avoided if GOA had learned from past lessons that previous MMO's have had when they were this anticipated.

Still, let's just hope they learn before they pull another Blizzard.....I remember when they pulled WoW from the shelves for a few months until the servers could handle things.....

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, I also remember back when I bought diablo 1 and diablo 2, me and a couple of friends were logging in to play, and we had to sometimes sit for an hour trying to get into a game, since the servers were truly overloaded. Of course, you only paid for the game box there, no subscription. However, open beta is free too and downloadable, so I don't really think we should complain at this point. I really hope it's all sorted till pre release though.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Still, the fact that this problem has occured before just makes me wonder why the companies never learn. Blizzard had this exact same problem when the servers simply couldn't handle the sudden load all at once, and yet the solution was simple.

There was no need to buy new servers that never would've been used again. Just rent some, just for a short-term rent some extra server capacity to handle the, what should've been obvious, extra load.
All this mess could've been avoided if GOA had learned from past lessons that previous MMO's have had when they were this anticipated.

Still, let's just hope they learn before they pull another Blizzard.....I remember when they pulled WoW from the shelves for a few months until the servers could handle things.....

So true. Why would they learn anything for the next time?
They've not shown one bit that they've learned anything from this entire horrendous planning.

Guinnessrules

Loyal Freddie
imo the prob is in france and OT, once again these peeps placed the servers in france where they know the OT is totally fooked. Amazing how they never learn...........
Reminds me of the bosses at my work, always go for the cheapest alt. when investing in new machines, so stupid!

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Wonder if next time they gonna FINALLY give weight to Community concerns instead of just dismissing us as whining little boys.
It was crystal clear to me that the fuck up would have hit em really hard.
Game not even live yet and already at short stick with the Community, i really think some heads will roll at the end of OB.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Wonder if next time they gonna FINALLY give weight to Community concerns instead of just dismissing us as whining little boys.
It was crystal clear to me that the fuck up would have hit em really hard.
Game not even live yet and already at short stick with the Community, i really think some heads will roll at the end of OB.

We'll see come Head Start.
That will be the final straw for me. If they mess up like this again - they've lost (oh noes) a customer.

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
We'll see come Head Start.
That will be the final straw for me. If they mess up like this again - they've lost (oh noes) a customer.

Well seems like your not the only one with that plan.
I've read plenty saying that, including myself.

Marieke

Fledgling Freddie
why would they like to stress test the site anyway?? it is only at the start of the game that loads of the people want to subscribe at once...

dee777

Loyal Freddie
why would they like to stress test the site anyway?? it is only at the start of the game that loads of the people want to subscribe at once...

Thats true, but if yesterday would have been release day, then today you would face bad press on an epic level. Can you imagine the reviews the game would get after yesterday? For now they can blame everything on their product being beta and put a brave face up, cheering about all the valuable data they could collect. A fukkup like this on release could very well prove fatal. Ask Funcom about bad communications and what it can do to a game...

MaxxPower

Fledgling Freddie
In hindsight GOA must be now realising that going for a Flash based website was also a very very VERY bad idea as opposed to a HTML based one. A HTML based site would've been much easier to debug and link into the databases.

mgX

Fledgling Freddie
also, this flash site really dont work as intended...only once have i been able to see and read the front page news... and uhm... i really prefer the US site...looks alot nicer (and links work there too!) :/

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
In hindsight GOA must be now realising that going for a Flash based website was also a very very VERY bad idea as opposed to a HTML based one. A HTML based site would've been much easier to debug and link into the databases.

They probably realized that by now yeah.
Don't think they'll ever admit though ^_^

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

not really...

You'd have had page timeouts instead of error messages.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
anyway, this one is turning into general discussion about the account center, can use the other thread for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom